PDA

View Full Version : Dissapointing players



Atwaterfan
11-27-2003, 10:02 AM
I am a huge Denver fan and I have this question, has there been a more dissapointing player.............not named Daryl Gardner this season then Ashley Lelie? And if so who? Thanks and Here's hoping Denver will get a big W in Oakland on Sunday to keep the playoff dream alive.

Bwelte01
11-27-2003, 11:32 AM
Lelie has been a great addition to our recieving core. I respect your opinion however, because Denver really doesn't get him the ball that much. They throw to him maybe 3-4 times a game. This just isn't enough for a player with his talent.

Javalon
11-27-2003, 11:42 AM
I think what Atwaterfan is referring to is how Lelie has dropped quite a few key passes this season that have been right in his hands. It happens to all receivers but Lelie has been frustratingly susceptible this year.

And what makes it more disappointing is all the hype that was buzzing in the preseason about how Lelie was going to dominate but he hasn't.

I'm still hopeful about him but he'd better not take too much longer developing a little reliability.

Return of Lava
11-27-2003, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by Bwelte01
Lelie has been a great addition to our recieving core. I respect your opinion however, because Denver really doesn't get him the ball that much. They throw to him maybe 3-4 times a game. This just isn't enough for a player with his talent. lelie could have saved the game if he stuck his arms out.

Return of Lava
11-27-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
lelie could have saved the game if he stuck his arms out. I'm most disappointed in ian gold's injury. i know the injury wasnt his fault, but its just sad he had to go down. he would have made a big difference. we could use his speed

Hawaiian Bronco
11-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Return of Lava
I'm most disappointed in ian gold's injury. i know the injury wasnt his fault, but its just sad he had to go down. he would have made a big difference. we could use his speed
Don't forget Mobley. The LB core has suffered key injuries this year but I'm satisfied with the way the backups have played (at least for the games I've been able to watch).
Lelie hasn't performed up to expectations and for me it's hearbreaking. Having watched him at Hawaii, I know he's got great speed and hands. It seems that he is gun shy for some reason. Hopefully before he leaves, easy Ed can pass off some of those brass you-know-whats of his to Ashly.

Return of Lava
11-27-2003, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by booher
i've never seen anyone quote themselves first time for everything

Bronco_In_AUS
11-27-2003, 06:32 PM
while on the topic of dissapointing players ...... one name certainly comes to mind ..... deltha Oneal ..... as much as i loved that punt return for a td ... he has been really dissapointing ..... i think he has alot to prove to the denver faithful ... hopefully he doesnt chuck in the towel and end up getting traded.