PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 1 2005 Broncos vs. Dolphins

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

jletourneau
04-13-2005, 09:22 AM
Broncos homepage reports Denver will open the season at Miami, home vs. San Diego, then home vs. KC on MNF.

1 Sun. Sept. 11 at Miami Dolphins Stadium 1 p.m. EDT CBS
2 Sun. Sept. 18 SAN DIEGO INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS
3 Mon.. Sept. 26 KANSAS CITY INVESCO Field at Mile High 7 p.m. MDT ABC
4 Sun. Oct. 2 at Jacksonville ALLTEL Stadium 1 p.m. EDT CBS
5 Sun. Oct. 9 WASHINGTON INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT FOX
6 Sun. Oct. 16 NEW ENGLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MDT CBS *
7 Sun. Oct. 23 at N.Y. Giants Giants Stadium 4:15 p.m. EDT CBS *
8 Sun. Oct. 30 PHILADELPHIA INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST FOX *
9 BYE
10 Sun. Nov. 13 at Oakland Network Associates Coliseum 1:05 p.m. PST CBS
11 Sun. Nov. 20 N.Y. JETS INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. CST CBS *
12 Thu. Nov. 24 at Dallas Texas Stadium 3:15 p.m. CST CBS
13 Sun. Dec. 4 at Kansas City Arrowhead Stadium 3:15 p.m. CST CBS
14 Sun. Dec. 11 BALTIMORE INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. MST CBS
15 Sat. Dec. 17 at Buffalo Ralph Wilson Stadium 8:30 p.m. EST ESPN
16 Sat. Dec. 24 OAKLAND INVESCO Field at Mile High 2:15 p.m. CST CBS *
17 Sun. Dec. 31 at San Diego Qualcomm Stadium 1:30 p.m. PST CBS

jletourneau
04-13-2005, 09:25 AM
I think opening the year on the road will be a great way to get the season started. Then we'll still have the hype of a home opener vs. SD the next week. I think there's a benefit to that.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
04-13-2005, 09:31 AM
At least we get our one gimmie game immediately. I suppose the Giants could be a gimmie as well.

But my God, that is a hard schedule. Tough tough year ahead of us, if we make the playoffs, we sure as hell will have earned it.

jmjk
04-13-2005, 09:32 AM
This is a good schedule. Easy opener, hard teams at home and at the end of the first half. the bye is in the middle (I would prefer toward the end) and not in the beginning. finish at SD but before that have the Oak at home.

:beer:

jmjk
04-13-2005, 09:36 AM
At least we get our one gimmie game immediately. I suppose the Giants could be a gimmie as well.

But my God, that is a hard schedule. Tough tough year ahead of us, if we make the playoffs, we sure as hell will have earned it.

If we don't make it, we should not be there. He have all the tough teams at home. We are on the road the last half but have DAL, KC and BUFF as three of those. We are better than those three.

We will see, It will not be a walk in the park, but a good path to the SB.

MilitantDBFan
04-13-2005, 10:00 AM
The Broncos actually got a very favorable set-up on this....they get a rookie HC in his first game VS Miami to open the season, and then get two VERY important games against the Divisional opponents at home, when Shanahan still seems to know what he is doing....

But ultimately, this schedule says the same thing to me that last six years have said.....late season collapse...

You mean MIDSEASON COLLAPSE. We are usually good towards the end just not great in the middle.

Amigo_Bronco
04-13-2005, 10:54 AM
... that going to the playoffs is not on the line by the last two weeks, playing against two division rivals (one of this games at their field) having those teams the chance to play the spoiler.

bleedbluorange
04-13-2005, 11:01 AM
... that going to the playoffs is not on the line by the last two weeks, playing against two division rivals (one of this games at their field) having those teams the chance to play the spoiler.I kinda like playing those two at the end. Gives us a chnace to win the division if we are trailing.

JRWIZ
04-13-2005, 11:42 AM
I worry about MIA early because it is hot and humid there were almost lost to TPA and can't remember the last time we won a game in Florida before the TPA game.

Plus we are getting a rookie coach these guys are gonna be fired up and he is gonna have some surprises up his sleeve. We won't be able to scout them at all. NOPE that one really scares me.

BroncosB2B
04-13-2005, 11:44 AM
We have 3 Saturday games to finish the season, which means that non-Denver fans like myself will be guaranteed to see the game!

bleedbluorange
04-13-2005, 11:45 AM
I worry about MIA early because it is hot and humid there were almost lost to TPA and can't remember the last time we won a game in Florida before the TPA game.

Plus we are getting a rookie coach these guys are gonna be fired up and he is gonna have some surprises up his sleeve. We won't be able to scout them at all. NOPE that one really scares me.I prefer them to playing a top teer team. The new coach and team still will have to gel. They will be vulnerable.

BroncoManiac_69
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Everyone said the Bengals was a gimme game last year and look what happened. There is no such thing in this league and I cringe every time I see someone say "easy" or "gimme" game. These are the ones that can bite you in the butt.

But, I do think we can beat Miami on the road. They are a struggling team in big time rebuilding mode and they will be working out their bugs in week one. Should be a "gimme". LMFAO! :goofy:

BroncosB2B
04-13-2005, 11:47 AM
Everyone said the Bengals was a gimme game last year and look what happened. There is no such thing in this league and I cringe every time I see someone say "easy" or "gimme" game. These are the ones that can bite you in the butt.

But, I do think we can beat Miami on the road. They are a struggling team in big time rebuilding mode and they will be working out their bugs in week one. Should be a "gimme". LMFAO! :goofy:

and then watch us lose....you wont be LYFAO when that happens...

bleedbluorange
04-13-2005, 11:48 AM
We have 3 Saturday games to finish the season, which means that non-Denver fans like myself will be guaranteed to see the game!Yep. I love it. Ppl in Denver may not care for it as much though

BroncosB2B
04-13-2005, 11:51 AM
The NFL is gonna be stupid and hype up all these great matchups, like the Philly game, but probably won't show it in the major markets like NY, Wash DC, and the like. Always happens. It is so, fricking, annoying. I am still mad that I didn't get to see Portis's 5 TD game. Grrrr!!!

bleedbluorange
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
and then watch us lose....you wont be LYFAO when that happens...We will win. But I wont be able to watch it. Tatum could run for 200 yards. Putzier, Smith and Lelie all score one touchdown. Courtney and Trevor combine for 8 sacks and I wont see it :eek:

BroncoManiac_69
04-13-2005, 11:52 AM
and then watch us lose....you wont be LYFAO when that happens...

That statement was purely for entertainment purpose only. :beer:

But you are right. These are the games that we should be afraid of as I was attempting to point out.

BroncoManiac_69
04-13-2005, 11:53 AM
The NFL is gonna be stupid and hype up all these great matchups, like the Philly game, but probably won't show it in the major markets like NY, Wash DC, and the like. Always happens. It is so, fricking, annoying. I am still mad that I didn't get to see Portis's 5 TD game. Grrrr!!!

I thank God each and every year for NFL Sunday Ticket. :beer:

BroncosB2B
04-13-2005, 11:55 AM
I thank God each and every year for NFL Sunday Ticket. :beer:

Yeah, I need to get that. But my mom wont budge!

BroncoManiac_69
04-13-2005, 12:03 PM

Mother's Day is coming up. Threaten to forget? ;)

Orange_Crush21
04-13-2005, 12:53 PM

The Miami game is by no means a gimme. You know how "well" we play in Florida early in the season. Then return in week 4 to play Jacksonville, that's not too encouraging.

AlWilsonOwnsU
04-13-2005, 02:29 PM
I cant wait until the MNF KC game!!!!

Our schedule looks similiar to last years tho...

-a late bye
-KC in December
-Majority of our games on the road late in the season
-SD early

Ravage!!!
04-13-2005, 02:32 PM
Looks like a good season. I think we should so alright, and surprise a lot of people here on the board about how well we will do. I hope we do better than I anticipate. ALthough I truly believe we are not a SB team... I still feel that we might do better than I felt we would after that horrible destruction against the colts.

JRWIZ
04-13-2005, 03:21 PM

Get a job, earn the money for it. She will understand how much it means to you then. It's basically $.50 a day, you can save that much by not buying crap.

BroncosB2B
04-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Looks like a good season. I think we should so alright, and surprise a lot of people here on the board about how well we will do. I hope we do better than I anticipate. ALthough I truly believe we are not a SB team... I still feel that we might do better than I felt we would after that horrible destruction against the colts.

We can compete with every team in the league and beat every team in the league, it's just a matter of us not being stupid on gameday, like when Shanny threw the ball against Indy in the snow in 2002, when we could have just run off about 40 seconds by running the ball. Those kind of things screw us.

JRWIZ
04-13-2005, 03:26 PM
The Miami game is by no means a gimme. You know how "well" we play in Florida early in the season. Then return in week 4 to play Jacksonville, that's not too encouraging.

I had not got that far in the schedule yet. NAme the last time we payed well in Florida and won besides the TPA game last year. It is the early game which is 4 hours earlier than the Broncos are used to getting started it is hot and humid. We played like dog stuff in the first half in JAX last year. Until the staduim was in shadows the guys were just going through the motions.

Broncoballa2684
04-13-2005, 03:29 PM

Plus we are getting a rookie coach these guys are gonna be fired up and he is gonna have some surprises up his sleeve. We won't be able to scout them at all. NOPE that one really scares me.

ya i live like 50 mins from Mia......iam gonna prolly be goin to that game! but the fins are very good at home in the start of the season.....except last season lol.

vicious2500
04-13-2005, 09:17 PM
The season opener is going to be the ish. Denver's gonna make me some cheddar wee. :beer: to denver smacking miami to open the season holla.

Orange_Crush21
04-14-2005, 01:36 AM
I had not got that far in the schedule yet. NAme the last time we payed well in Florida and won besides the TPA game last year. It is the early game which is 4 hours earlier than the Broncos are used to getting started it is hot and humid. We played like dog stuff in the first half in JAX last year. Until the staduim was in shadows the guys were just going through the motions.

At least we only have two prime time games this year. For some reason our guys never seem to do to well in the spotlight.

bleedbluorange
04-14-2005, 07:54 AM
At least we only have two prime time games this year. For some reason our guys never seem to do to well in the spotlight.Us Bronco fans that dont live in Denver rely on those national games to see our team. So they need to step up in those games. Plus all playoff games are national televised games.

DenverFan07
04-14-2005, 08:34 AM
After examing the schedule in depth last night - I'm looking at a 10-6 / 11-5 record for this upcoming season - 11-5 will win the West this year I think. A 10-6 will equal another tiebreaker Wild Card birth that can go any which way.

Well I am counting down the days now - Does anyone know when the NFL Network will release there TV schedule for the preseason games? :coffee:

JRWIZ
04-14-2005, 09:48 AM
After examing the schedule in depth last night - I'm looking at a 10-6 / 11-5 record for this upcoming season - 11-5 will win the West this year I think. A 10-6 will equal another tiebreaker Wild Card birth that can go any which way.

Well I am counting down the days now - Does anyone know when the NFL Network will release there TV schedule for the preseason games? :coffee:

I'll wait to see how the draft goes and get in to Training camp before I'll make predicitons.

BroncoStampede
04-14-2005, 09:51 AM

At this point in time (April 14th 12:51) I agree that a reasonable prediction is around 11-5. Even if we didnt have a single draft pick added to our roster this year, I believe we could still be a playoff team.

JRWIZ
04-14-2005, 10:31 AM
At this point in time (April 14th 12:51) I agree that a reasonable prediction is around 11-5. Even if we didnt have a single draft pick added to our roster this year, I believe we could still be a playoff team.

Unless there are injuries rookies will not most likey play much, especially the LB's and RB's that mikey DAFTS!

DenverFan07
04-14-2005, 10:50 AM
I'll wait to see how the draft goes and get in to Training camp before I'll make predicitons.

Ahhh I know Jr - but it is always fun to take a peak and work out how the schedule will play out when it first gets released. :D

bleedbluorange
04-14-2005, 11:03 AM
Ahhh I know Jr - but it is always fun to take a peak and work out how the schedule will play out when it first gets released. :DI agree,,,,,,I sure do wish the season would start so we can stop speculating.

BroncoManiac_69
04-14-2005, 11:28 AM
I agree,,,,,,I sure do wish the season would start so we can stop speculating.

I am so looking forward to summer and waiting for the football season to start tends to make August last for 60 days. :goofy: The anticipation and all the speculation will escalate especially after the draft.

So patience oh wise one. It will be here before we know it! :eek:

Side Comment: Doesn't it seem like once the season actually starts, it flies by lickety split?

bleedbluorange
04-14-2005, 11:32 AM
I am so looking forward to summer and waiting for the football season to start tends to make August last for 60 days. :goofy: The anticipation and all the speculation will escalate especially after the draft.

So patience oh wise one. It will be here before we know it! :eek:

Side Comment: Doesn't it seem like once the season actually starts, it flies by lickety split?Yeah. Sunday to Sunday goes very fast.

Bellthebest
04-14-2005, 11:51 AM
I dont know why everybody is saying that the opener will be easy...

Opening day fans..new coach, new rb,new staff ..

o and you guys wouldnt happen to remember a few years ago when we lost to the bears? or when we almost lost to the DOLPHINS last year?!?!

JRWIZ
04-14-2005, 12:57 PM
I dont know why everybody is saying that the opener will be easy...

Opening day fans..new coach, new rb,new staff ..

o and you guys wouldnt happen to remember a few years ago when we lost to the bears? or when we almost lost to the DOLPHINS last year?!?!

Or better yet when the Cincy paper had run an article the morning of the game pleading with the team not to embrass the city that evening.

On any given sunday anyone can beat anyone. Last year I thought we'd lose to only CAR and MIA. Be 14-2 goes to show how far the might fell.

pikman
09-06-2005, 07:55 AM
OK...The week we have all been waiting for has finally here. The off seaon and pre season are over. It's time to talk some real football, about meaningful games. The road to SB 40 has begun.

Broncos vs Dolphins

Do the Dolphins really have a chance agianst the Broncos? Sure they are at home, and sure they have a little hope with the new coach, they also have a hot rookie running back and a solid defense.

But realistically they should have know chance against this Denver team. I know that pre season is just pre season, but the Orange and Blue's number 1 offense looked very solid during exhibition games. It's Jakes third year running the offense, and his comfort level with Lelie and Smith should be higher than ever. MA will start at RB and carry the load like he can, if he falters then Tatum or Dayne can step in and run the rock.

A very questionable Miami offense going up against a very strong Bronco defense should make this a no brainer. The Broncos LB's and secondary proved last season they could be great without a strong D-line. This season the D-line looks better than they have in years and with that kind of pressure up front the LB's and secondary should be even better.

I see a great start to the season for the Broncos, couldn't really have picked a better scenario for starting the year. (maybe playing SF) So what are your thoughts?

Broncos04Champs
09-06-2005, 07:59 AM
OK...The week we have all been waiting for has finally here. The off seaon and pre season are over. It's time to talk some real football, about meaningful games. The road to SB 40 has begun.

Broncos vs Dolphins

Do the Dolphins really have a chance agianst the Broncos? Sure they are at home, and sure they have a little hope with the new coach, they also have a hot rookie running back and a solid defense.

But realistically they should have know chance against this Denver team. I know that pre season is just pre season, but the Orange and Blue's number 1 offense looked very solid during exhibition games. It's Jakes third year running the offense, and his comfort level with Lelie and Smith should be higher than ever. MA will start at RB and carry the load like he can, if he falters then Tatum or Dayne can step in and run the rock.

A very questionable Miami offense going up against a very strong Bronco defense should make this a no brainer. The Broncos LB's and secondary proved last season they could be great without a strong D-line. This season the D-line looks better than they have in years and with that kind of pressure up front the LB's and secondary should be even better.

I see a great start to the season for the Broncos, couldn't really have picked a better scenario for starting the year. (maybe playing SF) So what are your thoughts?

The first Miami/Den thread got my paragraph-long analysis treatment, so for this thread I'll keep it short and sweet, cause who knows how many more will pop up before Sunday,
broncos 37, miami 6
plummer 2tds 0 picks
lelie 2 tds
mike anderson 1 td
defense 1 td

go broncos
woo woo woo
:rockon: :fight:

The Dark Knight
09-06-2005, 08:02 AM
I expect we will get a couple turnovers and that will simply be too much for Miami to handle. Especially with our abilty to run the ball so effectivly.

Their offensive line is awful and we should get to the QB early and often.

BroncoBallard
09-06-2005, 08:13 AM
I currently have a Miami fan staying in my Broncos house! Funny thing is... he his not talking too much smack. He is basically saying the same things you all are saying here.

Sure a different tune than he was carrying last year. Humilty is setting in! :D

LCA534
09-06-2005, 08:24 AM
Broncos 31 fins 17
Plummer 240 yds 3td, 0int
Anderson 110yds 1td
Lelie 1td
Smith 1td
Alexander 1td

DAYNETRAYNE
09-06-2005, 08:44 AM
Miami is still in a rebuilding stage, they cant even get the right QB on the feild. ijus dont think this will be a good year forthem all around. and Pretty Ricky is no help, he seems like he doesnt want to even step on a football field. Saban is gonna have a long year. 31-3 broncos all the way. :coffee:

Snk16
09-06-2005, 10:55 AM
I currently have a Miami fan staying in my Broncos house! Funny thing is... he his not talking too much smack. He is basically saying the same things you all are saying here.

Sure a different tune than he was carrying last year. Humilty is setting in! :D

Maybe he's just being nice because you're letting him stay in your house? :confused: :laugh:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-06-2005, 11:05 AM
Broncos 31 fins 17
Anderson 110yds 1td
Lelie 1td
Smith 1td
Alexander 1td

This would surprise me. Miami should be very solid in terms of pass defense. I doubt Plummer breaks 200 yards.

Miami is absolutely horrible in run defense, its more likely Anderson breaks 200 yards running then Plummer does passing.

Which is why Anderson is starting on my fantasy team and Rod Smith is on the pine for this game.

ItalianSta11ion
09-06-2005, 11:07 AM
MA will OWN the dolphins... feurotte will be on the ground often thanks to some amazing passrushers. jake will have 2 td's and 1 int.

The Dark Knight
09-06-2005, 11:07 AM
This would surprise me. Miami should be very solid in terms of pass defense. I doubt Plummer breaks 200 yards.

Miami is absolutely horrible in run defense, its more likely Anderson breaks 200 yards running then Plummer does passing.

Which is why Anderson is starting on my fantasy team and Rod Smith is on the pine for this game.

They were in years past but this year?

They don't have Surtain anymore and aren't they running a 3-4?

3-4's are difficult for RB's

Fins4Life
09-06-2005, 11:29 AM
They were in years past but this year?

They don't have Surtain anymore and aren't they running a 3-4?

3-4's are difficult for RB's

Miami will run the 3-4 about 30 percent of the time. The reason they were horrible against the run last year was they lost both starting tackles to injury for the season. I have watched the starters throughout the preseason and starting offenses have done little to nothing against them. I know its preseason but it is what it is.

I am worried about the O line. Im not worried about Ferrotte he is a lot better than any QB we have had in 5 years...yes I know thats sad. This will be a much closer game than many think. If I was a Donkey fan I wouldnt scout a team that was 4-12 last year either.

diesel51
09-06-2005, 01:42 PM
I just want to see them win.

No injuries. Establish the running game. Defense getting off the field. Cause a few turnovers would be appreciated. Smart play by Plummer. Watts turning heads.

These things would all be great, but a win is what I want.

I'd settle for half those (as long as one is no injuries) and we win.

Prefer all six though.

GO BRONCOS!!!

watchthemiddle
09-06-2005, 02:27 PM

Miami will run the 3-4 about 30 percent of the time. The reason they were horrible against the run last year was they lost both starting tackles to injury for the season. I have watched the starters throughout the preseason and starting offenses have done little to nothing against them. I know its preseason but it is what it is.

I am worried about the O line. Im not worried about Ferrotte he is a lot better than any QB we have had in 5 years...yes I know thats sad. This will be a much closer game than many think. If I was a Donkey fan I wouldnt scout a team that was 4-12 last year either.

Was there ever any talk about the Dolphins going after Mauck?

I would much rather play this type of game first game of the season rather than 3rd or 4th week between two really big games and be a trap game.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
09-06-2005, 02:52 PM
From ESPN Insider, breaking down the game:

Why To Watch
The Nick Saban era begins in Miami with QB Gus Frerotte looking to establish himself as the starter and first-round pick RB Ronnie Brown trying to carry the load as an every-down back while Ricky Williams serves his four-game suspension. Both will have to hope the teams' offensive line is improved under the direction of new OL coach Hudson Houck.
For the Broncos, QB Jake Plummer enters his third year in head coach Mike Shanahan's system with questions about his decision-making ability still dogging him. As usual, Denver will lean on the running game to take some pressure off Plummer, but it's still unclear whether the Broncos will have one featured back or use both Mike Anderson and Tatum Bell to split carries.

When the Broncos have the ball
Rushing: Denver's offensive line, which averages 297 pounds (small by NFL standards), is athletic and relies on a zone-blocking scheme. Broncos running backs consistently have rushed for more than 1,000 yards a season. RB Anderson has been impressive since the start of training camp, averaging 8.8 yards per carry, and will start the season as the featured back. He rushed for 1,487 yards in 2000, when Terrell Davis was injured. Backup RB Tatum Bell gives the Broncos an explosive, slashing runner and will be used as the change-of-pace back.

TE Stephen Alexander will start, but TE Jeb Putzier will play a lot because the Broncos are planning to use multiple-TE sets. Alexander is the better blocker and should be on the field in running situations.

Miami's Nick Saban is a Bill Belichick disciple and a defensive-minded football coach. Defensive coordinator Richard Smith has the title, but Saban will run the ship. Saban used a combination of a 3-4 and 4-3 defense throughout the preseason.

The Dolphins added veterans Vonnie Holiday, Keith Traylor and Kevin Carter in the offseason, and their play on the defensive line will be critical agasint the Broncos' blocking schemes. They must do a good job of controlling their gaps, staying on their feet and maintaining leverage on the ballcarrier to allow linebackers Zach Thomas and Junior Seau to make plays within the box. The Dolphins will have to rely on their defense until the offense gets into rhythm early in the season.

Passing: QB Plummer set franchise records in 2004 for passing yards (4,089) and passing touchdowns (27) in his second year in Denver's system, but he struggled with 20 interceptions and ranked eighth in the AFC in QB rating. Shanahan has a brilliant offensive mind and relies a lot on offensive coordinator Gary Kubiak, who must get Plummer to become more consistent.

Wide receivers Rod Smith and Ashley Lelie are coming off 1,000-yard seasons, and Smith led the team in receptions with 79. Backup TE Putzier (36 catches last season) is a young, developing player who could contribute big in the passing game on Sunday.

The Dolphins' secondary opens the season with three new starters -- DC Reggie Howard, SS Tebucky Jones and FS Yeremiah Bell -- and will be playing more zone coverages than in the predominantly man-to-man scheme favored by former coach Dave Wannstedt. Look for the Dolphins to be physical on the perimeter and mix up their coverage schemes with a lot of match-up zones to confuse Plummer.

When pressuring Plummer, look for MLB Thomas to be more involved than in years past. Also, RDE Jason Taylor has the kind of versatility Saban loves, giving the Dolphins the opportunity to move him around and use him in a lot of different ways in both regular and sub situations when pressuring the quarterback.

When the Dolphins have the ball
Rushing: Saban believes in protecting the football by using an offensive philosophy centered on a power rushing attack. New offensive coordinator Scott Linehan is known for his versatile schemes and creative matchups. In the preseason, the offensive line struggled with consistency and penalties.

With the addition of first-round RB Brown, the Dolphins' running game should be improved from last season. However, there are serious concerns and uncertainty about the offensive line and the production at the quarterback position.

Denver defensive coordinator Larry Coyer and the staff did a remarkable job in 2004. Without the services of Trevor Pryce and coping with an injury-depleted secondary, the Broncos finished fourth in the league in total defense.

Defensively, the Broncos appear solid going into the season with the addition of three new starters on the defensive line in Gerard Warren, Michael Myers and Courtney Brown, who missed most of the preseason with a dislocated elbow. And keep an eye on backup DE John Engelberger, who has been impressive this preseason. The strength of this defense is in their linebacker corp of Wilson, Gold and Williams. Look for the Broncos to utilize some 3-4 concepts and multiple fronts to try and take Brown out of the attack and force Gus Frerotte to beat them through the air.

Passing: Neither Gus Frerotte, A.J. Feeley or Sage Rosenfels did anything in the preseason to distinguish themselves as the starting quarterback. While Frerotte was named the starter in Week 1, expect him to be on a short leash.

Look for the Dolphins to utilize the run to set up the pass with a lot of play-action. The Dolphins will depend on WR Chris Chambers and TE Randy McMichael to move the ball through the air. Chambers is an athletic receiver who creates mismatches on the perimeter, while McMichael can create them on the inside vs. free safeties and linebackers. However, even though Chambers is very talented, he is still looking for his first 1,000-yard season. McMichael led the Dolphins in receptions last season with 73 and could better those numbers in Linehan's tight-end friendly system.

The Broncos need to create more turnovers. Last year they had 20 takeaways -- only three teams in the NFL had fewer. Shutdown DC Champ Bailey missed almost all of camp with a hamstring injury but is expected to play. Bailey is still one of the league's best cover corners and should play with a lot more confidence in his second season in Denver. Rookies Darrent Williams and Domonique Foxworth will back up Lenny Walls and Bailey, which could pose a problem for the Broncos in sub packages when matching up against David Boston, the Dolphins' third receiver.

Crown&7
09-06-2005, 03:53 PM
The Broncs scare me in these "trap" games. We seem to get sloppy against mediocre journeyman style QB's and give up big passing yards. Remember that dude from SEA John Friese? Dude used to riddle our secondary. That said, Miami's wideouts aint scaring me a whole lot...

I see Jake gettin' very excited and tossing a few picks, which will make the game somewhat interesting, but overall, the Dolphins are outmatched at most positions. Broncs 27, Phins 20. Anderson will get 100 yards, but he doesn't give a hoot. He's about winning ballgames.

ReleaseTheBeast7
09-06-2005, 03:57 PM
I think the Dolphins actually have a GREAT chance of upsetting us this Sunday. This could turn out to be a great game like last years game and it could take a game winning field goal to decide this one. HOWEVER, I do think we will come out on top.

I'm going to say 27-24, Broncos.

Even though I'm not highly optimistic, I still support the Broncos, and I always will. GO BRONCOS! :rockon:

watchthemiddle
09-06-2005, 03:59 PM
From ESPN Insider, breaking down the game:

Thanks for the post. One thing I think the Broncos are going to run a lot of this year and very effectively is the double TE set now that we have really good depth at TE. Alexander is the starter and Putz was going to be for the Jets until we matched their offer. With those two and their speed, they will be great for Jake and give defenses fits.

GridironChamp
09-06-2005, 04:02 PM
The Broncs scare me in these "trap" games. We seem to get sloppy against mediocre journeyman style QB's and give up big passing yards. Remember that dude from SEA John Friese? Dude used to riddle our secondary. That said, Miami's wideouts aint scaring me a whole lot...

I see Jake gettin' very excited and tossing a few picks, which will make the game somewhat interesting, but overall, the Dolphins are outmatched at most positions. Broncs 27, Phins 20. Anderson will get 100 yards, but he doesn't give a hoot. He's about winning ballgames.

Well last year the phins only lost by a FG to you guys. I see another close game down to the end. Now, I think the Phins would have one of the leagues better passing games with a good QB. Chambers is a stud, to bad he has never a QB to toss him the ball, Boston will be good if he quits lifting and gets his speed back and o ya stays healthy. Booker isnt great any more but will make catches on important 3rd down plays, and they have one of the better TE's in the league. Follow that with Ronnis Browns pontential they have a good team. Just no O-line or a QB.

JHoward
09-06-2005, 04:37 PM

Crown said it, another "trap game". We cannot under estimate anyone in this league, we expected to blow these guys out last season and almost lost to them. Not to mention these phins beat New England on Monday Night Football in front of all America. Miami could shine defensively if we dont get things going early. We are prone to playing down to our opponents level, lets see if things have finally changed.

Hells Bells
09-06-2005, 05:02 PM
Broncos 31 fins 17
Anderson 110yds 1td
Lelie 1td
Smith 1td
Alexander 1td

If Jake threw the (tied) most inteceptions of any team in the NFL last year, what's to say that he won't throw a pick against the Dolphins?

watchthemiddle
09-06-2005, 05:03 PM
If Jake threw the (tied) most inteceptions of any team in the NFL last year, what's to say that he won't throw a pick against the Dolphins?

He is one year wiser

GridironChamp
09-06-2005, 05:05 PM
He is one year wiser

ya he i-s 1 year wiser, that makes his intellagence equall to a 3 year old???

Nah im jsut playing i cant insult him like that.........

The 3 year old probably knows his colors :P

Fins4Life
09-06-2005, 05:21 PM

The Broncos will be the first to see an entirely different and more complicated scheme. Ive read that there are alot of wrinkles with the defense that nobody has seen. I just think it must be hard for the offense to prepare for a defense that they cant look at on film. I really dont know if Jake will throw picks or not, but if he makes mistakes then anything can happen.

Sharpe's Mouth
09-06-2005, 05:37 PM
I look for the Denver D to set the tone for this year. I think and hope they hold Miami under 10.

I don't think Shanahan will open up the playbook too much. He will keep the gameplan simple and not expose too much for future games. Still, the Oline and MA should have a field day and thus I think we'll score plenty enough to rest some of the offensive starters and get hopefully get to see Tatum in the 4th quarter.

Denver 30, Miami 9

GridironChamp
09-06-2005, 05:41 PM
I look for the Denver D to set the tone for this year. I think and hope they hold Miami under 10.

I don't think Shanahan will open up the playbook too much. He will keep the gameplan simple and not expose too much for future games. Still, the Oline and MA should have a field day and thus I think we'll score plenty enough to rest some of the offensive starters and get hopefully get to see Tatum in the 4th quarter.

Denver 30, Miami 9

Sounds like things i heard before last years game. We all know how much of a blow out that was :coffee: :coffee: :coffee:

Crown&7
09-06-2005, 05:58 PM
When I look at the Phins' starters on the D-Line and their backers, I see a pretty dang tough group. Carter and Traylor are long in the tooth but those dudes are massive and will tie up blockers, so Holliday and Taylor can bee-line for the QB.

Players like Donnie Spragan and Frerotte will naturally want to lay a whippin on their ex-team, so they'll be pumped up.

The Phins offense should not be able to move the ball, but they''ll score a few points off turnovers, as anxious Broncos make a few hustling mistakes.

The Broncs will win, but it'll be competitive.

Broncos04Champs
09-06-2005, 07:36 PM
He is one year wiser

hell yeah he is. 0 pics for plummer on sunday.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-06-2005, 07:48 PM
On paper, the Broncos look like they should walk away with the W. Unfortunately, we have to start off in Miami in an early afternoon (EST) game - in other words - the heat (and humidity) of the day. I live in Jacksonville and let me tell you, it's friggin' hot here!!! Just walking outside saps your energy and takes your breath away. The heat index lately has been around 95 degrees (thats about 88-89 degrees with 90% humidity). For as much home field advantage that we gain at Mile High with the thin air, Miami has it with the heat this Sunday.

Personally, I'm praying for rain that day to get the temperature down. You know Miami is gonna make us wear our home dark jerseys - If I was Shanny, I'd bring the orange alternates over the navy - at least they'd be a little cooler. I think this will be a very close, low scoring game due to a lot of dehydration and players cramping up. I just don't see us winning this easily no matter how poorly the Dolphins play. This Sunday the Broncos have two opponents: Miami Dolphins and Mother Nature! :ugh:

Broncos04Champs
09-06-2005, 07:53 PM
On paper, the Broncos look like they should walk away with the W. Unfortunately, we have to start off in Miami in an early afternoon (EST) game - in other words - the heat (and humidity) of the day. I live in Jacksonville and let me tell you, it's friggin' hot here!!! Just walking outside saps your energy and takes your breath away. The heat index lately has been around 95 degrees (thats about 88-89 degrees with 90% humidity). For as much home field advantage that we gain at Mile High with the thin air, Miami has it with the heat this Sunday.

Personally, I'm praying for rain that day to get the temperature down. You know Miami is gonna make us wear our home dark jerseys - If I was Shanny, I'd bring the orange alternates over the navy - at least they'd be a little cooler. I think this will be a very close, low scoring game due to a lot of dehydration and players cramping up. I just don't see us winning this easily no matter how poorly the Dolphins play. This Sunday the Broncos have two opponents: Miami Dolphins and Mother Nature! :ugh:

That is a good point. Now that I think about it, I really hope it rains. But I think regardless we will blow the Dolphins away. Good idea too about the orange alternate jerseys.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-06-2005, 07:57 PM
That is a good point. Now that I think about it, I really hope it rains. But I think regardless we will blow the Dolphins away. Good idea too about the orange alternate jerseys.

Yeah, and I'm kinda biased 'cause I just bought a Champ Bailey Orange Alternate that I'm gonna wear this week. ;)

bcbronc
09-06-2005, 07:59 PM
The Broncos will be the first to see an entirely different and more complicated scheme. Ive read that there are alot of wrinkles with the defense that nobody has seen. I just think it must be hard for the offense to prepare for a defense that they cant look at on film. I really dont know if Jake will throw picks or not, but if he makes mistakes then anything can happen.

a NEW complicated defense will likely result in a blown coverage or two. it takes more than four preseason games to learn a new system so i think the disadvantage becomes a bit of a wash.

i dont think we will blow them out but we will win going away. miami's defense and running game should keep it close (not to mention the heat) but our speed on defense added to the dolphins weak oline and lack of quarterback should equal a week one victory for the might bronc.

Broncos04Champs
09-06-2005, 08:01 PM
Yeah, and I'm kinda biased 'cause I just bought a Champ Bailey Orange Alternate that I'm gonna wear this week. ;)

hell yea. Im really broke right now, but I want another broncos jersey. I've had the same plummer home jersey (navy) since he signed with the team in the 2003 season. been wearing it for every game. im ready to at least have a road jersey so i don't feel like i'm creating bad luck when we are wearing white :D
maybe a throwback elway jersey too, that's one jersey that i know im going to get one day, terrell davis too. honestly its hard for me to pick another jersey because the broncos have so many players i like. i guess it would be between plummer road jersey, rod smith home jersey, plummer alternate, bailey home, lelie home, wilson home. ahh man i wish i had like $300 to just blow on jerseys. lol you got me all worked up now about wanting all these jerseys.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-06-2005, 08:04 PM
hell yea. Im really broke right now, but I want another broncos jersey. I've had the same plummer home jersey (navy) since he signed with the team in the 2003 season. been wearing it for every game. im ready to at least have a road jersey so i don't feel like i'm creating bad luck when we are wearing white :D
maybe a throwback elway jersey too, that's one jersey that i know im going to get one day, terrell davis too. honestly its hard for me to pick another jersey because the broncos have so many players i like. i guess it would be between plummer road jersey, rod smith home jersey, plummer alternate, bailey home, lelie home, wilson home. ahh man i wish i had like $300 to just blow on jerseys. lol you got me all worked up now about wanting all these jerseys.

I've got a nice, broken in Terrell Davis navy, a white Al Wilson, and now an orange Champ Bailey so my trifecta is finally complete. My next task is to acquire a Steve Atwater throwback.

Broncos04Champs
09-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I've got a nice, broken in Terrell Davis navy, a white Al Wilson, and now an orange Champ Bailey so my trifecta is finally complete. My next task is to acquire a Steve Atwater throwback.

If you mean the Steve Atwater throwback they wore in like 1965 or whatever, I want that one in particular too. I remember seeing Snoop Dogg with it once and ever since then I wanted that particular Atwater jersey. Speaking of Atwater, I saw him on Cold Pizza the other day, he was with Willie Green talking about the MNF game when Montana won. It is on the MNF list of greatest moments so they were plugging that.

Mile High Jedi
09-06-2005, 10:40 PM
Crown said it, another "trap game". We cannot under estimate anyone in this league, we expected to blow these guys out last season and almost lost to them. Not to mention these phins beat New England on Monday Night Football in front of all America. Miami could shine defensively if we dont get things going early. We are prone to playing down to our opponents level, lets see if things have finally changed.

I'm not sure you can really have a "trap game" in week 1.
It doesn't seem likely that Shanahan is going to "ease up" on the playbook because he and the rest of the coaching staff see this game as an automatic win.

And it's equally unlikely any players are thinking the same.
If they are, I bet they're not starting...

There's a lot of unknowns in regards to the Dolphins this season. Many of their Defensive starters are rather capable, veteran athelets, but a new coach, new schemes, and un-proven offense will all factor into their performance.

Here's how I see it:

The matchup is almost two seperate games:
1) Miami's Offense vs. Denver's Defense
2) Denver's Offense vs. Miami's Defense

Which Offensive game looks more favorable?
Sure, Jake may throw some stinkers, but if Denver's D keeps Miami's Offense off the field for most of the game, their Defense has a long afternoon ahead of them.

I can't say I expect a blowout, but a solid win for Denver seems likely.

rcsodak
09-06-2005, 10:44 PM
Jerseys, sperseys.....

Back to the game.....

I don't envision too much as far as a running game for the fish, seeings how they haven't an Oline.
And wasn't their rook a late signer, or am I cornfused with TB's?

Anyhoo, Frerotte will be under the gun, and knowing him, he'll get in a few good shots against the secondary....but in the end, I don't think it'll be a close game.....

So.CalBRONCOFAN
09-06-2005, 10:59 PM
I was listening to the raido and some dude picked miami over denver, i was about to drive off a bridge i couldnt see straight. If Denver looses to Miami, that sets a bad tone for the rest of the season..but were not loosing to miami :duh:

MileHighStud
09-07-2005, 01:02 AM

I want to get a rice bronco jersey. I have a Lynch just bought an elway. Now I want a Rice.

MileHighStud
09-07-2005, 01:04 AM
I'm not sure you can really have a "trap game" in week 1.
It doesn't seem likely that Shanahan is going to "ease up" on the playbook because he and the rest of the coaching staff see this game as an automatic win.

And it's equally unlikely any players are thinking the same.
If they are, I bet they're not starting...

There's a lot of unknowns in regards to the Dolphins this season. Many of their Defensive starters are rather capable, veteran athelets, but a new coach, new schemes, and un-proven offense will all factor into their performance.

Here's how I see it:

The matchup is almost two seperate games:
1) Miami's Offense vs. Denver's Defense
2) Denver's Offense vs. Miami's Defense

Which Offensive game looks more favorable?
Sure, Jake may throw some stinkers, but if Denver's D keeps Miami's Offense off the field for most of the game, their Defense has a long afternoon ahead of them.

I can't say I expect a blowout, but a solid win for Denver seems likely.

THIS IS THE NFL PEOPLE. NO SUCH THING AS AN EASY GAME. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO US MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL LAST SEASON, WE LOST TO THE DAMN BENGALS!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

Freestyle
09-07-2005, 03:53 AM
First game of the season, Denver will be itching to prove themselves. I just don't see Denver taking Miami lightly. The players should be smarter then that. This is the perfect time to play Miami, their players are still trying to grasp the new schemes, and there will be alot of holes for us to exploit. Denver wins in a blowout.

bklynbronco
09-07-2005, 12:14 PM
I see the game starting out tight. close in the beginning maybe 10-6 at the half. then denver taking control in the 2nd half.
all comes down to denver's d line putting enough pressure on gus to make him commit some turnovers.

turnovers on miami's part will change the game from a dogfight to a cakewalk.

new systems on offense and defense for any team usually means a rough start so in miami case such an overhaul will mean a sluggish start, doesn't mean it won't be successful down the road but not in game one.
denver 27 miami 13

Fins4Life
09-07-2005, 12:46 PM
I see the game starting out tight. close in the beginning maybe 10-6 at the half. then denver taking control in the 2nd half.
all comes down to denver's d line putting enough pressure on gus to make him commit some turnovers.

turnovers on miami's part will change the game from a dogfight to a cakewalk.

new systems on offense and defense for any team usually means a rough start so in miami case such an overhaul will mean a sluggish start, doesn't mean it won't be successful down the road but not in game one.
denver 27 miami 13

Thats a fair statement....

skte1ement
09-07-2005, 03:24 PM
First of all my paper runs a pic em contest and has a prediction printed for the weeks games. I choked on my eggs when i saw they predicted the dolphins winning 17-14.

I do not think the broncos will come out and choke in the first week. Miamis D will be good, Nick Saban is a defensive orientated coach and he will have them prepared. I do not think we will have a huge scoring outburst like a lot of fans are predicting on this board. It should be a close game, probably a bunch of mistakes on both sides of the ball as it is the first game of the season. Miamis defense is pretty stacked. I think running might be a little dificult but after a while we will probably loosen them up and bust some good gains. I think Plummer should have a pretty good game. Patrick Surtain is not on the phins anymore and Sam Madison isnt nearly as intimidating as he once was. There other starting is Reggie Howard???? Whos that. Hopefully our offensive line will give Plummer time to tear up there secondary. I think the broncos will pull out what is a really close game in the first half and win 20-13.

Fins4Life
09-07-2005, 03:37 PM
First of all my paper runs a pic em contest and has a prediction printed for the weeks games. I choked on my eggs when i saw they predicted the dolphins winning 17-14.

I do not think the broncos will come out and choke in the first week. Miamis D will be good, Nick Saban is a defensive orientated coach and he will have them prepared. I do not think we will have a huge scoring outburst like a lot of fans are predicting on this board. It should be a close game, probably a bunch of mistakes on both sides of the ball as it is the first game of the season. Miamis defense is pretty stacked. I think running might be a little dificult but after a while we will probably loosen them up and bust some good gains. I think Plummer should have a pretty good game. Patrick Surtain is not on the phins anymore and Sam Madison isnt nearly as intimidating as he once was. There other starting is Reggie Howard???? Whos that. Hopefully our offensive line will give Plummer time to tear up there secondary. I think the broncos will pull out what is a really close game in the first half and win 20-13.

Reggie Howard was one of Carolinas starting corners the year they went to the bowl. Miami signed him to a lucrative contract after the bowl.

watchthemiddle
09-07-2005, 03:52 PM
If your a bettin man, take Miami and the 5 points, but not to win. Denver will win but it will be closer than we might think.

Sherlock21
09-07-2005, 03:53 PM
THIS IS THE NFL PEOPLE. NO SUCH THING AS AN EASY GAME. LOOK WHAT HAPPENED TO US MONDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL LAST SEASON, WE LOST TO THE DAMN BENGALS!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

With out a doubt! I've seen time after time and especially in todays NFL.

Regardless, I'll be at the game this weekend with my son. Can't believe it happened, but I'll be Sec 112 Row 17!!! Oh...and I'll be wearing my CHAMP BAILEY ALTERNATE JERSEY!!! It's my son's 7th year BDAY and hopefully it will be one with Happy Memories!!! Go Broncos!!!

I think the Broncos win, but Miami will not roll over. I think we get some turnovers to start the year, but I wouldnt be suprised if Jake throws one up himself. I see Mike Anderson running lose, but I also think Jake can throw on this new secondary. I think Ashlie and Plummer will find a rythm.

Man I'M EXCITED!!!!! FOOTBALL... F-I-N-A-L-L-Y

I hate to admit this... but in a way it's a good thing. Last time I saw the Broncos play in a season LIVE, they went on to win back to back Superbowls.

If you see a guy streaking across the field... it's not me.

Jared
09-09-2005, 03:29 PM
Had not seen this posted yet:

http://nfl.com/gamecenter/preview/NFL_20050911_DEN@MIA

MIAMI GARDENS, Fla (Sept. 7, 2005) -- Ricky Williams' return has been the biggest story in Miami, while Jerry Rice and Maurice Clarett snagged most of the headlines in Denver.

After all the attention it seems strange not one of them will be on the field when the Dolphins, trying to bounce back from their worst record since 1969, kick off the 2005 season at home against the Broncos.

Williams returned to the NFL this summer after a one-year retirement, knowing he faced suspension at the start of the season for violating the NFL drug policy. He will miss the first four games, giving first-round pick Ronnie Brown plenty of playing time, and can make his debut at Tampa Bay on Oct. 16.

The second overall pick in the April draft, Brown missed the first three preseason games because of a contract holdout, leaving his readiness for the season opener in question.

Williams won the league rushing title in 2002 with 1,853 yards and followed with a 1,372-yard performance the next season before choosing to pursue other interests in 2004.

The Dolphins started 0-6 and eventually stumbled to a 4-12 finish behind the NFL's second-worst running attack at 83.7 yards per game.

The strain his absence left on the team led to coach Dave Wannstedt's mid-season resignation and the eventual hiring of LSU's Nick Saban, who never endured a losing record in 11 seasons at the college level.

Saban might need to get used to the idea of losing with the Dolphins, who have one of the league's weakest offensive lines and an at-best iffy quarterback situation.

The defense is starting to show its age but the trio of middle linebacker Zach Thomas, defensive end Jason Taylor and cornerback Sam Madison -- together since 1997 -- has helped the unit remain one of the NFL's best.

"That has been the attitude since he (Saban) came, that everybody has to be accountable and on the same page," defensive end David Bowens said. "When you don't have all the talent in the world, it comes down to chemistry and mental errors."

Rice entered Broncos camp hoping to extend his Hall-of-Fame career to a 21st season but got pushed down the depth chart and announced his retirement Sept. 5 while Clarett, the troubled third-round pick, got hurt early in camp and was released.

Rice's presence, however, was felt, and Denver's receivers say they gained from their time around the most accomplished receiver in NFL history.

"It was the way he went about his business," fourth-year wideout Ashley Lelie said. "I can take that into my game."

Lelie, who had 1,084 yards and seven touchdown catches last season, is poised to eclipse aging Rod Smith as the Broncos top receiver. But don't count on the 35-year-old Smith to have a poor year after he finished with 1,144 yards and seven TD catches of his own last season.

Calling the plays for the Broncos will be Jake Plummer, who comes off a typically erratic but record-setting season.

Plummer threw for 4,089 yards, breaking John Elway's 11-year-old team record, and 27 touchdowns. He was, however, picked off at least 20 times for the fifth time in eight seasons.

Coach Mike Shanahan has put his reputation on the line sticking with Plummer, who Shanahan expects big things from in his third year with the team.

"It's coaches, players, different terminology," Shanahan said. "It takes a third year before you really feel comfortable, not having to think and react. I could see that in the offseason and hopefully it carries on into the season."

Plummer was excellent during a preseason in which he threw three touchdowns and no interceptions with a passer rating of 123.6 to help the Broncos to a 4-0 record.

Saban has elected to go with Gus Frerotte at quarterback, at least for the opener, after A.J. Feeley and Sage Rosenfels failed to beat out the 11-year veteran in camp.

The Dolphins have an able receiving duo in Chris Chambers and Randy McMichael, but a quarterback who can't get them the ball might cripple the offense if Brown struggles early in the season.

"The No. 1 thing is we want somebody who is going to manage the game and give us the best opportunity to be successful," Saban said. "We were going to make the decision based on this position based on who we felt would give us the best opportunity to win, and managing the game is a really important part of that."

The Broncos' defense, which boasts one of the NFL's best middle linebackers in Al Wilson and also includes All-Pro defensive back Champ Bailey, could make it a hard day for Frerotte and the weak offensive line. Denver finished fourth-best in the league with 278.7 yards allowed per game in 2004.

Denver traded leading-rusher Reuben Droughns (1,240 yards in 2004) to Cleveland, but should be strong at the running back position with a fully healthy Mike Anderson returning to earn the No. 1 spot over second-year back Tatum Bell.

2004 STANDINGS: Broncos -- 2nd place, AFC West. Dolphins -- 4th place, AFC East.

2004 BRONCOS LEADERS: Offense -- Plummer, 4,089 passing yards and 27 passing TDs; Droughns, 1,240 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; Smith, 79 receptions and 1,144 receiving yards; Lelie and Smith, 7 receiving TDs. Defense -- Reggie Hayward, 10 sacks; Bailey, 3 INTs.

2004 DOLPHINS LEADERS: Offense -- Feeley, 1,893 passing yards and 11 passing TDs; Sammy Morris, 523 rushing yards and 6 rushing TDs; McMichael, 73 receptions; Chambers, 898 receiving yards and 7 receiving TDs. Defense -- Taylor, 9 sacks; Arturo Freeman, Sammy Knight and Patrick Surtain, 4 INTs.

2004 BRONCOS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 145.8 yards per game (4th in NFL); Passing Offense -- 249.9 ypg (6th); Total Offense -- 395.8 ypg (5th). Rushing Defense -- 94.5 ypg (4th); Passing Defense -- 184.2 ypg (6th); Total Defense -- 278.7 ypg (4th).

2004 DOLPHINS TEAM RANK: Rushing Offense -- 83.7 ypg (31st); Passing Offense -- 191.6 ypg (21st); Total Offense -- 275.2 ypg (29th). Rushing Defense -- 143.9 ypg (31st); Passing Defense -- 162.0 ypg (2nd); Total Defense -- 305.9 ypg (8th).

LAST MEETING: Dec. 12; Broncos, 20-17. At Denver, Bell ran for 123 yards and two touchdowns and Jason Elam kicked a 50-yard field goal with 2:50 left in a game that will be remembered for Plummer flashing an obscene gesture at a jeering fan after getting intercepted.

STREAKS AND NOTES: Broncos -- Denver is 19-8 when QB Plummer starts. ... WR Smith has the most career receptions (712) of any undrafted player in NFL history. He needs one TD catch to become the first Bronco with 60. ... WR Lelie owns an NFL-best 17.8 yards-per-catch mark since 2002. Dolphins -- Miami's defense has six INTs and hasn't allowed a TD in two meetings against Plummer. ... The Dolphins are 3-0 in home games against Shanahan. ... DE Taylor has finished with at least 9 sacks in each of the past three seasons.

2004 ROAD/HOME RECORDS: Broncos -- 4-4 on the road; Dolphins -- 3-5 at home.

AP NEWS
The Associated Press News Service

Cugel
09-09-2005, 04:50 PM
LAST MEETING: Dec. 12; Broncos, 20-17. At Denver, Bell ran for 123 yards and two touchdowns and Jason Elam kicked a 50-yard field goal with 2:50 left in a game that will be remembered for Plummer flashing an obscene gesture at a jeering fan after getting intercepted.
See. Right there is one thing you KNOW won't happen this game!
Plummer won't be flipping off the fans anytime soon. :laugh: Already we're improved this year!

BroncoFanCam
09-09-2005, 05:46 PM
The Broncos are a mortal lock, folks. Coach Mike Shanahan is 10-2 on opening day, a gaudy eight games over .500 (or .833). None of his fellow 31 head coaches are more than four games over the break-even mark in Week 1, with Tennessee's Jeff Fisher (7-3, .700) and San Diego's Marty Schottenheimer (11-7, .611) closest to Shanahan. In addition, the Broncos' four-game opening-day winning streak is currently the league's best.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/don_banks/09/08/matchup.mixer/index.html

Broncoballa2684
09-09-2005, 07:26 PM

man dont say that iam goin to the game! lets all hope it gets cloudy tho!!

Broncoballa2684
09-09-2005, 07:29 PM
With out a doubt! I've seen time after time and especially in todays NFL.

Regardless, I'll be at the game this weekend with my son. Can't believe it happened, but I'll be Sec 112 Row 17!!! Oh...and I'll be wearing my CHAMP BAILEY ALTERNATE JERSEY!!! It's my son's 7th year BDAY and hopefully it will be one with Happy Memories!!! Go Broncos!!!

I think the Broncos win, but Miami will not roll over. I think we get some turnovers to start the year, but I wouldnt be suprised if Jake throws one up himself. I see Mike Anderson running lose, but I also think Jake can throw on this new secondary. I think Ashlie and Plummer will find a rythm.

Man I'M EXCITED!!!!! FOOTBALL... F-I-N-A-L-L-Y

I hate to admit this... but in a way it's a good thing. Last time I saw the Broncos play in a season LIVE, they went on to win back to back Superbowls.

If you see a guy streaking across the field... it's not me.

hey man were gonna be pretty much rite next to eachother....iam gonna be in sec 113 row 15....we got some good seats!!

SkyFlash1
09-09-2005, 08:41 PM
I am worried about the O line. Im not worried about Ferrotte he is a lot better than any QB we have had in 5 years...yes I know thats sad.

Just 5?

Just kidding. hahahahaha

lvbronx
09-11-2005, 12:00 AM
-

Down Goes Flipper! Down Goes Flipper!

(Somebody better call Greenpeace....)

AsianOrange
09-11-2005, 08:42 AM
Go Broncos!!!

Be sure to read this link before you post.

http://web.denverbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40689

Let's do this!

OrangeShadow
09-11-2005, 09:35 AM
25 minutes!!!!! woo sox yanks and broncos are on what a day!

brom66an6
09-11-2005, 09:50 AM
Too bad Courtney Brown isn't going to play. I was looking forward to seeing what he could do. But I guess it is good that Devoe is suiting up for the game. I wonder why they didn't suit Dayne up I guess we don't need 3 RBs suited for the game.

Lets hope for an injury free game :beer:

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:00 AM
Woohoo!! it's almost time!!! Here's to a great day!

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:02 AM
yes def injury free and get the win lets go boys....

go jets n cowboys to

Return of Lava
09-11-2005, 10:03 AM
I made it just in time, looks like im gonna be watching it from nfl.com game center, so excuse me if i am late in all my reactions, lol.

AsianOrange
09-11-2005, 10:05 AM
Welcome back Lava, hope they do well today!

Return of Lava
09-11-2005, 10:06 AM
thanks, lets clock in and go to work!

AsianOrange
09-11-2005, 10:06 AM
Field does not lookk good in Miami

AsianOrange
09-11-2005, 10:07 AM
Wow...Buffalo Bills are wearing thowbacks....looks cool!

maruske845
I'm furious the game isn't being aired here, I get the Kansas City game instead.

i am too i get Kansas City too.. do any of you know of a (free)raido thing for i can at least listen to it
thx.

OrangeShadow
I'm furious the game isn't being aired here, I get the Kansas City game instead.

i get the kc game to :mad:

bronco30
71 yd drive right here...

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:08 AM
I get the KC game too, but I got the Bronco game on StreamTV! :D

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:09 AM
Damn, had all day to throw that! No pressure from D-Line.

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Damn, had all day to throw that! No pressure from D-Line.

i know - That was frustrating to watch....

DrunkPanda
i didn't see this thread since it was stickied and i don't look at stickies :heh:. anyway, that was some nice play by our offensive line

Return of Lava
we burn way too many time outs in the middle of the game.

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
cant b havin that much confusion to many times....get it ashley on a bomb right here

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:11 AM
Where can I stream this online? Someone help me out?

StreamTV.com -- I doubt any slots are open now, though.

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:12 AM
that was the worst lead block i've ever seen. the guy just falls down right in front of the defender, blocking mike :ugh:

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:12 AM
awesome kick

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
gr8 play dj

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:13 AM
Nice Stop!

LDB
09-11-2005, 10:14 AM
What was Shanahan thinking running on 3rd and long?

OrangeShadow
go pryce! -3 yards

bronco30
hold um now plzzz

Jim
False start, Dolphins.

OrangeShadow
09-11-2005, 10:15 AM
game center on nfl is so slow :mad: :mad: :mad:

EMCF
Why does gamecenter say Ashley Lelie had that tackle.

Jim
Wes Welker - 1st Down - Darrent Williams

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:16 AM
Fumble? PLEASE! Maybe Denver ball.

BroncosZBlitz
Great officiating, now at least you can challenge it

bronco30
that was terrible coverage williams...oh yes i hope that was a fumble

Jim
Denver Ball! Wooooooooo

LDB
Need to see the replay...but it looked like a catch.

Snk16
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
Game's 0-0. Come on Denver.

BTW, anyone who has AIM and would like instnat play by play, join the Broncomania Chatroom. IM me to get in.

OrangeShadow
09-11-2005, 10:17 AM
did we get the ball?

LDB
09-11-2005, 10:18 AM
We got it...no challenge.

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:18 AM
did we get the ball?

Yes

--Bailey stripped it.

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
might wanna start blockin boys

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:19 AM
Anderson isn't getting ****.

LDB
09-11-2005, 10:20 AM
WHy does Lelie stop? Jeez...run through the ball. :ugh:

Jim
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww Lelie Open But Overthrew!

OrangeShadow
*strats tatum chant*

orang/blu in LA
OH MAN!!! that would've been a thing of beauty....DRAT!

bronco30
keep goin ashley ohhhh

Jim
Yea, Lelie's fault. Punt again.

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:23 AM
What did they just say about Mike Anderson?!!!

DrunkPanda
our offense is worse than their offense :ugh:

LDB
Anderson went off the field...no report as to why though. Rib injury...probable return.

OrangeShadow
andersons hurt

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:24 AM
Anderson ribs hurt.

OrangeShadow
rib injury return-possible

orang/blu in LA
He has a rib injury - they say - but return is probable

bronco30
stupid penalty + 1st down oh my

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:25 AM
wtf? courtney brown is STILL injured? gd!

OrangeShadow
09-11-2005, 10:25 AM
scratch the td he went ob

LDB
09-11-2005, 10:26 AM
Good playcall by Miami.

bronco30
oh my hold to a fg def..

BroncosZBlitz
stupid penalty + 1st down oh my

Weak penalty, but still we shouldn't have allowed them to make that call, looks like this defense is all brawn and no brains

orang/blu in LA
WOw. holy cow. my heart is going way too fast....

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:28 AM
I hurt now.

orang/blu in LA
I hurt now.

LOL. i know the feeling.

Snk16
Damn, if anything, we're going to be down 3-0!

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:29 AM
Damn, if anything, we're going to be down 3-0!

We need a little help from the turnover gods. :)

maruske845
09-11-2005, 10:30 AM
i am goin insane..is there a raido ..i hate watchin the chiefs

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:30 AM
why does our team suck so much?

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
wow, fall down some more, champ :ugh:

DB56
09-11-2005, 10:31 AM
So much for goin undefeated in the preseason and lookin really good.

LDB
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
Good stand.

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:32 AM
no rush again gettin tired out there...

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:33 AM
lets go offense wake up..

Wilson56 bell26
gah, i hate not getting the broncos games...........i almost hate living in virginia

DB56
I was gettin worried the Gus was gonna play like Manning but we gotta get in sink on offense. I mean come on that long play by Chambers was on a stinkin trick play.

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:34 AM
Bell is going to be in this drive, correct?

BroncosZBlitz
09-11-2005, 10:35 AM
This Miami team can't score. Come on Plummer you useless ****, score some FGs and we'll win

LDB
I think so...but if the line doesn't start blocking better...

penguin
Shanahan is going to throw deep.....he has ran too many times in a row

Wilson56 bell26
Bell is going to be in this drive, correct?

i believe so....unless anderson is fine already....i dont wish injuries on anyone but i am almost glad mike got hurt. I just think Bell can be a better back than him

dont get me wrong....i dont want anyone getting hurt...im not like that. I just want to see bell

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:36 AM
i believe so....unless anderson is fine already....i dont wish injuries on anyone but i am almost glad mike got hurt. I just think Bell can be a better back than him

dont get me wrong....i dont want anyone getting hurt...im not like that. I just want to see bell

Gotta make sacrifices! :D

orang/blu in LA
Nice one from bell!!!

LDB
Nice run, Tater.

FYI, Chefs early up on Jets 14-0.

bronco30
yes finally a good play keep it goin

Elway
Well Bell put on some wheels there!

Jim
Tatum F'ing Bell!

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:37 AM
cmon jake! complete ONE pass please

Elway
09-11-2005, 10:37 AM
Can we get a completion on line 2 please?

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:38 AM
cmon jake! complete ONE pass please

and Jake's my fantasy QB....ahhh.....

LDB
Man...are our WR's getting open? Where is Smith?

bronco30
hey can we get open plzzz

Elway
09-11-2005, 10:39 AM
glug.... another drive that sputtered out. :ugh:

Return of Lava
im sure plummer is just joking with these incompletions.

Wilson56 bell26
4th and 3....i hope they go for it

EDIT: apparently i post too slow...no go on 4th = :hurt:

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
i wanna see a replay on that touchdbac. it didn't look like a touchdback!

Jim
09-11-2005, 10:40 AM
KC looks like a threat again

Always been a threat.

Elway
09-11-2005, 10:43 AM
Come on D show them what a sack looks like!

DrunkPanda
i like how our defensive line is looking. repeat of 2004

super_boltz
geez miami is killing themselves on offense but chambers welker and boston look to be ready to tear it up. chargers outcasts killing the broncs...gotta love :beer: it.

bronco30
there completeging nearly everything come on def..

jtwomey07
Pick it up offense.

BroncosZBlitz
Let's make a quarterback change already. I'm tired of Plummer running around looking like a headless chicken out there.

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:44 AM
champ bailey can't run with chambers underneath.

VAFAN
how bad has sauerbrauns punts been? Are they even close to not going in the end zone?

DrunkPanda
this is pathetic how good we are making miami look

super_boltz
geez the dolphins are sooo undisciplined :duh: suicide...

DB56
Boy are we overated

DrunkPanda
09-11-2005, 10:45 AM
how bout we stop playing 10 yards off their receivers

super_boltz
why would miami even attempt to run it at this point?

silkamilkamonic
Just tuning into the game....

Ummm, wtf is going on with our offense? We have 1 first down? This is the Miami Dolphins.

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
Boy are we overated

1st game man.... one week does not make a season... although it is not good to lose this one playing the Chargers next week

bronco30
09-11-2005, 10:46 AM
that was pityful hope 2nd quarter is alot better for us...

Wilson56 bell26
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
Just tuning into the game....

Ummm, wtf is going on with our offense? We have 1 first down? This is the Miami Dolphins.

just because miami had a couple(or more :) ) off years doesnt mean they suck now......their D is not bad at all......and their O is making our defense look like a joke

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:47 AM
dolphins dominating so far....

DB56
09-11-2005, 10:48 AM
I know man but still it's the Dolphins and we can't do anything on offense. It's like that long play was a flukey trick play but still We need to stop the pass b/c their run isn't really doing anything.(I hope I don't jinx it)

super_boltz
just because miami had a couple(or more :) ) off years doesnt mean they suck now......their D is not bad at all......and their O is making our defense look like a joke

every year there is a suprise team.... but naw man dolphins oline is pretty bad.... and making mistakes left n right... broncos if they played ne kinda defense would be dominating right now.

bronco30
well def. wake up or pretty soon it'll be 10-0...

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:49 AM
yes a run to pass ratio of 1 to 5. dnever can't stop the pass!

DB56
If they played any kind of offense they would be ahead now. Their D is doin what they can.

jtwomey07
Go visit your own team forums super boltz

Defense has to make a play pretty damn soon... c'mon D rush get passed their ****ty o line

super_boltz
heath evans got 3 of those 4 through extra effort.

RunYouOver
09-11-2005, 10:50 AM
Our defense is not playing that well, and our offense is playing even worse. :ugh:

DrunkPanda
once again, good to see that our defensive line is in top 2004 form

super_boltz
Go visit your own team forums super boltz

Defense has to make a play pretty damn soon... c'mon D rush get passed their ****ty o line

still couple more hours til the boltz kill the boyz...

Bronco D
D-line is looking winded = no pass rush

Wilson56 bell26
09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
every year there is a suprise team.... but naw man dolphins oline is pretty bad.... and making mistakes left n right... broncos if they played ne kinda defense would be dominating right now.

yea but miami doesnt suck as bad as everyone says

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:51 AM
how mnay illegal procedure calls?? a team playing well (note i didnt say a good team) would be killing the fins right now.... jesus another.....

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:52 AM
wow. the only thing we got going right now are these penalties... lol

DrunkPanda
dolphins are doing everything they can to make us win. and we still can't win....

DB56
Yeah but penalties don't score you points.

super_boltz
wow shoulda been picked might have saved 3?

Elway
09-11-2005, 10:53 AM
Can't believe Gus is leading them and they are ahead of us. We have like 10 offensive plays to their 26.

Ridiculous! :mad:

bronco30
well look there will held..... now offense come on lets comp. at least 1 pass today

DrunkPanda
wow shoulda been picked might have saved 3?
you should know better than to expect our safety to do anything competent against the pass

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:54 AM
yep woulda saved 3.... not to mention if the broncos keep playing like this on offense a turnover is on its way... Miami is bringing constant pressure.... except for that one play.

BroncosZBlitz
If Plummer doesn't score on this drive, he needs to be taken out. No starting quarterback, heck no backup quarterback should not be able to score on four consecutive drives

Wilson56 bell26
you should know better than to expect our safety to do anything competent against the pass

wow...lots of love for your "favorite" team eh?

DB56
09-11-2005, 10:55 AM
It's just frustrating b/c this team has so much talent and constantly plays to it's opponents level which you can't do.

charel5
What's up With our D !!!

I can't believe what I am seein'

Next couple of series we need to do somethin' !!

go BRONCOS !!!

DrunkPanda
wow...lots of love for your "favorite" team eh?
that's right. our safeties suck against pass

super_boltz
09-11-2005, 10:56 AM
williams scares me on kick returns.... the chargers best special teamer is hurt and he was the glue that held it together... although shaun phillps has stepped up...but he is the type that gets deep returns on us...at least last year.

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 10:59 AM
I've now, officially, started laughing.

VAFAN
09-11-2005, 11:00 AM
its onyl going to get worse if the offense doesnt get a first down soon, the D has got to be exhausted already.

Return of Lava
what the hell man?????????

orang/blu in LA
not 1 completed pass??? :mad:

You mean we're supposed to COMPLETE the passes? ;)

Reidman
WTF?? Please Broncos get your heads out.

BroncosB2B
Shanahan is making some pretty stupid play calls.

Snk16
09-11-2005, 11:01 AM
This is ridiculous.

Elway
great 44 yards rushing 0 passing 0-5 for Jake.

CHRONIC2oo3
This must be some parallel universe football game where the object is to not score... So in that case in point, DENVER IS KICKING ASS!!!

DB56
Welp boy did they fool us again looking great in preaseason and now look at this.

AvsFan26
what the hell is going on out there. we look like the Duke football team!!!!

charel5
09-11-2005, 11:02 AM
So guys what do you think about our offense !!

What the heck is going on ???? :eek:

3 and out !!!!! once again...

the players need to execute... I don't care who it is, someone has to step up !

BroncosZBlitz
EDITED: WATCH THE LANGUAGE!!!!!

Reidman
Let's just get to the second half at this point.

s_paton
Shanahan is making some pretty stupid play calls.

I dont think that is accurate.They cant run and cant complete a screen pass.How is that bad playcalling?

orang/blu in LA
09-11-2005, 11:03 AM
OH MY GOD!!! CHAMP!!! ANd Gus is down! oh boy