PDA

View Full Version : appliances

Broncofan-13
11-28-2003, 06:35 AM
which appliance do you think has the hardest job? personallly, i think its the alarm clock, every morning its gotta wake one or more people up, who either smack the snooze button, or throw the alarm clock ( personal experience with that one) what do yall think. boy im tired.

Zmabe
12-01-2003, 03:34 AM
and he has to get up early just so he can wake you up. man i would hate to be him.

2 Minute Warning
12-01-2003, 06:54 AM
The blender gets a pretty good work out :goofy:

Hoolah
12-01-2003, 07:29 AM
In my house the microwave as it always gets skipped when its cleaning time, therefore it lives in a constant state of "encrustment", sure that isn't very pleasant for it.

Orange&Blue
12-01-2003, 01:28 PM
I hear some people break their video game controllers and throw stuff at the tv when their team plays badly.

Did any of you ever see the video clip of the office worker frustrated with his computer? That's what this thread reminds me of.

orang/blu in LA
12-01-2003, 01:44 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Did any of you ever see the video clip of the office worker frustrated with his computer? That's what this thread reminds me of.

Did you ever see Office Space? Great movie. I think it was a printer that died a tragic death...right? maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

I'm with Hoolah though. My microwave leads a pained life. my excuse is that i'd clean it, but it's too high up (on top of the fridge) - though it's really just up there so i don't have to look at it. My coffee machine though, that gets daily praise and adoration.

orangenblue420
12-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Washing machine...................it's a dirty job, but someones gotta do it

MSFORD11
12-01-2003, 02:04 PM
I agree with ORANGENBLUE420. My washer gets one hell of a work out. My man is 6'8" and 290lbs. So, I can only fit so much of his clothes in one load. I avarage a load a day. Otherwise I will spend hours and hours on the weekend. I hate having dirty laundry around the house or in a hamper. It bugs me. My dryer on the other hand, primarily only sees 1/2 of the clothes washed because I cant let things shrink for my man's sake.

Another one would be my dish washer. Pots and pans daily. Every night after dinners. I guess Im a little bit of a clean freak.

Broncofan-13
12-01-2003, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
[B]I hear some people break their video game controllers and throw stuff at the tv when their team plays badly.
B]

I throw my controllers sometimes, but very rarely ( those things can get expensive)

MSFORD11
12-01-2003, 03:11 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
[B]Did you ever see Office Space?

That movie was funny. Did it not just hit home or should I say work just perfectly. It did me. I saw it years ago. I have it on tape. i might go home and watch it.

Orange&Blue
12-01-2003, 03:34 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Did you ever see Office Space? Great movie. I think it was a printer that died a tragic death...right? maybe i'm remembering it wrong.

I'm with Hoolah though. My microwave leads a pained life. my excuse is that i'd clean it, but it's too high up (on top of the fridge) - though it's really just up there so i don't have to look at it. My coffee machine though, that gets daily praise and adoration.

No I've never seen it, but lots of people I know say it's a great movie, so I'll have to rent it one day.

I found the file. Here's a link to the video I was talking about:
http://www.wown.info/j_helmig/download/badday.mpg
The file is in MPG format. I would attach it, but since it's a video file, it's too big, 4.9MB. It's smoother to watch if you right-click on the link and save it. I'm not sure if it's scripted or not, but if it isn't, this guy has issues.

What about plungers? Grooooooss!

orang/blu in LA
12-01-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by MSFORD11
[QUOTE]Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
[B]Did you ever see Office Space?

That movie was funny. Did it not just hit home or should I say work just perfectly. It did me. I saw it years ago. I have it on tape. i might go home and watch it.

Yes! that movie hit home/work perfectly. That and Swimming With Sharks. The two movies i watch when i hate my job... :)

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Broncofan-13
I throw my controllers sometimes, but very rarely ( those things can get expensive)
thats why you broke four. but i get mad too. i almost broke one of mine playing the last level of max payne.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:01 AM
shut up, Yea I broke four, but over a period of 3 years. thats not so bad..... :D

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:02 AM
you know how many ive broken in my life one. but i do have very high patience.

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:03 AM
The appliance that gets the most workout on my house is the coffegrinder and the coffee maker.

I am on my 4th grinder in 2 years. I wear those bad boys out.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:04 AM
I drink coffee, but only when theyre giving it out for free at the commisary

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:05 AM
the toilet brush gets it the worst.

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:07 AM
I drink coffee, but only when theyre giving it out for free at the commisary

nah dude, that stuff is crap. Over here the commissary has "Seattle's Best" which is like an above average rip off of Starbucks, but I grew up drinking that ridiculous strong spanish Cafe con leche, so I make my own....constantly

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by Zmabe
the toilet brush gets it the worst.

LOL

HAHAHAHA

in terms of job description or usage?

if its usage, I would wonder whether you have hard water or just um.....need to change your diet.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:12 AM
LMAO damn mexican food.

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:14 AM
cheese makes his job easier the prunes make it miserable.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Jared
nah dude, that stuff is crap. Over here the commissary has "Seattle's Best" which is like an above average rip off of Starbucks, but I grew up drinking that ridiculous strong spanish Cafe con leche, so I make my own....constantly

we dont have the good stuff over here, so i have to make do :(

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:18 AM
we dont have the good stuff over here, so i have to make do :(

Ah....that is most unfortunate.

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:19 AM
ya we have that cheap brand.

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:20 AM
ya we have that cheap brand.

Are you two on the same base or something?

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:21 AM
yea were on the same post. the only two american bronco fans around here. oh wait, theres one more.

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:22 AM
as a matter a fact we are sitting in the same room at a computer lab.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:23 AM
yea my comp at home is being used by someone else, otherwise Id be there, finishing of the leftover pie. :D

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:24 AM
as a matter a fact we are sitting in the same room at a computer lab.

Ok, so either you guys are friends or you are the same person with multiple personalities.

hahaha

Jared
12-02-2003, 08:25 AM
yea my comp at home is being used by someone else, otherwise Id be there, finishing of the leftover pie. :D

Hmm.....pie.

made my own this year. My wife was impressed.

Broncofan-13
12-02-2003, 08:26 AM
yea I can make pie, i just dont feel like it :D. no, the only pies I can make without screwing up royally are cheesecake and chocolate cream pie, which also happen to be my favorites, so everybody wins :D

Zmabe
12-02-2003, 08:26 AM
i used to have multiple personalities but we are ok now.