Dec 21 at Buffalo
Dec 28 NY Jets

Bronocs (6-5):

11/30 at Oakland
12/07 Kansas City
12/14 Cleveland
12/21 at Indianapolis
12/28 at Green Bay

Thei Fish could feasibly lose against NE, Philly and either of their division rivals Buffalo or the Jets. IMO, they'll lose their next two, and one of their last two, giving them a record of 9-7.

Denver needs to win at least 3 of their next 5 to have a chance at the wildcard. If 9 is the magic # to get the final wildcard, then you cant discount the Bungles or Ravens yet as well. I'm not sure how this all ties together in the event of a 2 way or 3 way tie, but it'll be interesting. Personally, I hope Miami or Cincy/Balt gets the final wildcard spot, because they'd be easier to beat than Denver.

broncos_chick
11-28-2003, 08:12 AM
I'll pick Philly to make Filet-O-Fish out of the Dolphins. Jets? Hmm, interesting prospect. Maybe. But then again, one never knows with them.

Denver won't have an easy time against the Ravens, and I might as well go get fitted right now for a pacermaker for the Chiefs game. But for some weird reason, it's the Indy game that makes me nervous. Don't ask me why.

Nevertheless, I think if Denver's entire offense shows up to play, and there are no more major injuries on either O or D, it'll be Denver for that last wildcard spot.

Javalon
11-28-2003, 10:14 AM
Depending on what Miami does, the only game the Broncos can afford to lose is against the Packers. All the rest are AFC games and would be major factors in tie-breakers, which currently favor the Broncos if they tie Miami.

The Broncos really need a 4-game winning streak to have a good shot at the playoffs... unless Miami stumbles down the stretch. They sure looked good yesterday against the 'Pokes but Dallas has been wilting against good defensive teams.

zell
11-28-2003, 12:29 PM
the problem I see with the broncos is that they would have to
play 2 damn near playoff games on the road at the end of the
year--( indy,gb) and then on the road for their first playoff game.
Thats 3 playoff like games on the road in a row and I don't think
any team can go to the superbowl under those odds cause remember they still have @ a divisional playoff and @ the afc
championship now thats 5 road playoff games basically.................
wow!

Chris
11-28-2003, 04:50 PM
Ravens have a much easier schedule

Javalon
11-28-2003, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by Chris
Ravens have a much easier schedule

If that's true, we'd better hope the Ravens win their division. We at least hold the tie-breaker with the Bengals so we'd get the wildcard over them.

Chris
11-28-2003, 05:46 PM
Raven's schedule

Nov 30 San Francisco
Dec 7 Cincinnati
Dec 14 at Oakland
Dec 21 at Cleveland
Dec 28 Pittsburgh

My prediction: 4-1/3-2?

Bengal's schedule

Nov 30 at Pittsburgh
Dec 7 at Baltimore
Dec 14 San Francisco
Dec 21 at St. Louis
Dec 28 Cleveland

My prediction: 2-3?

neisha26
11-29-2003, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
The Dolphins (8-4) remaining games are:

Dec 7 at New England
Dec 15 Philadelphia
Dec 21 at Buffalo
Dec 28 NY Jets

Bronocs (6-5):

11/30 at Oakland
12/07 Kansas City
12/14 Cleveland
12/21 at Indianapolis
12/28 at Green Bay

Thei Fish could feasibly lose against NE, Philly and either of their division rivals Buffalo or the Jets. IMO, they'll lose their next two, and one of their last two, giving them a record of 9-7.

Denver needs to win at least 3 of their next 5 to have a chance at the wildcard. If 9 is the magic # to get the final wildcard, then you cant discount the Bungles or Ravens yet as well. I'm not sure how this all ties together in the event of a 2 way or 3 way tie, but it'll be interesting. Personally, I hope Miami or Cincy/Balt gets the final wildcard spot, because they'd be easier to beat than Denver. okay i have two teams in the NFL and it happens to be denver/ dolphins. and for you to be saying that they will lose 2 of their next game that's your opinion but i think not. no offense.

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-29-2003, 08:40 AM
It sounds like you have two favorite teams: Denver and whoever wins the Super Bowl. Looks like you'll be a Chiefs fan next year.

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-29-2003, 10:00 AM
I dont think any game in the playoffs will be a gimme game. If the season ended today, here's how the playoff race would look:

AFC playoff race...........NFC playoff race Team.......W..LT.Div.Conf....Team..........W..LT.D iv.Conf
Chiefs ....10 1 0 4-0 9-1 ..Panthers.... .8 3 0 3-0 6-1
Colts .......9 2 0 3-1 7-1 ...Eagles ........8 3 0 3-1 6-2
Patriots ...9 2 0 2-1 6-1 ...Rams ..........8 3 0 2-2 6-3
Bengals ...6 5 0 2-1 5-4 ...Vikings .......7 4 0 4-1 6-2
x-Titans ...9 2 0 3-1 6-2 ...x-Cowboys .8 4 0 3-0 6-2
x-Dolphins 8 4 0 2-1 5-4 .x-Seahawks 7 4 0 3-0 6-2
Ravens ....6 5 0 1-2 4-4 ...Packers ......6 6 0 3-2 6-5
Broncos ...6 5 0 3-1 5-3 . .Saints ........5 6 0 3-2 4-4
........................................49ers ..........5 6 0 1-3 4-5
........................................Bucs ...........5 6 0 1-3 5-5

x -- would make playoffs as a wild-card team. The Colts would win the AFC South based on head-to-head win over the Titans.

Colts would be No. 2 seed in AFC based on better conference record (7-1) than the Patriots (6-1).

The Bengals would win the AFC North based on head-to-head win over the Ravens.

With three division winners tied, the first tie-breaker would be conference record. Carolina (6-1) would be the NFC's No. 1 seed over the Eagles (6-2) and Rams (6-3) based on better conference record.

Eagles would be No. 2 seed in NFC based on better conference record than the Rams.

Wild-card matchups

AFC
Miami Dolphins at New England Patriots
Tennessee Titans at Cincinnati Bengals

First-round byes: Kansas City Chiefs, Indianapolis Colts.

NFC
Seattle Seahawks at St. Louis Rams
Dallas Cowboys at Minnesota Vikings

First-round byes: Carolina Panthers, Philadelphia Eagles

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/featu...playoffpush2003

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-29-2003, 10:02 AM
If we have the best record, then in the AFC quarterfinals, we would play:

1. the wildcard team (with the worst record) that advances (Either Tennessee or Miami)

2. The worst record of the division champions that advance(Bengals)

I'd rather play the Bungles or Miami in the AFC quarterfinals than NE or TN. It might be possible to play Cincy in the AFC Championship, if the Bengals beat the Titans and Miami beats Tennessee. Then we'd play Miami and Indy would play Cincy. If Cincy advances, and we win, we'd meet in the AFC championship. The way it looks, we would play either TN, Miami, NE or Cincy in our first postseason game and hope that someone else knocks off Indy before we have to play them.

chickennob2
11-29-2003, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by NYCHIEFSFAN
they'll lose their next two, and one of their last two

Before the turkey-Day game, people thought they would lose their next three. I'm afraid Jay Feidler might get his team in at 11-5

Javalon
11-29-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
Before the turkey-Day game, people thought they would lose their next three. I'm afraid Jay Feidler might get his team in at 11-5

Yep, if Fiedler keeps playing this well, it could be a long off-season for Denver. Why couldn't those Redskins hold on to win that game? Why did the 'Fins have to bench Griese??? Why couldn't the Cowboys have actually played like a playoff team? Why ask why?!

Grrr...

ReasonableChief
11-29-2003, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Javalon
Yep, if Fiedler keeps playing this well, it could be a long off-season for Denver. Why couldn't those Redskins hold on to win that game? Why did the 'Fins have to bench Griese??? Why couldn't the Cowboys have actually played like a playoff team? Why ask why?!

Grrr...

Still counting on Griese to get you to the playoffs, even after he's gone.

The Dolphins looked uncharacteristically good for this late in the season. We'll see if it lasts, I guess.

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-29-2003, 04:35 PM
If the Donkeys can somehow tie the Fish, it would go down to the divisional record, which Denver (3-1) has by virtue of playing one more divisional game then Miami (2-1).

milehighbronc
11-29-2003, 06:42 PM
keep in mind, all of denvers losses have been close, including a one point loss to kc. It's very possible to go 4-1, 5-0 and make it to the playoffs.

ReasonableChief
11-29-2003, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by arl0o
keep in mind, all of denvers losses have been close, including a one point loss to kc. It's very possible to go 4-1, 5-0 and make it to the playoffs.

Agreed ... except for losing by 19 or 20 to Baltimore. To this point, the Broncos have shown the ability to lose close games. Given their current performances, I doubt they can turn it around and win a string of 4-5 close games, as they've shown they play well enough to lose.

But, if they do turn it around, they've got a shot unless Maimi turns unconscious. There's still 5 games, but I have a feeling that Bears game will come back to haunt the Broncos.

dmen612
11-29-2003, 07:25 PM
sorry but denver is out i wish they could :fight:

dmen612
11-29-2003, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by booher
sorry but no they are not

lol keep telling that to yourself then in the end of this season i was rigth

wesuckrealbad
11-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by arl0o

As a Chiefs fan, I have been saying this exact same thing for years about the Chief's playoff hopes.

Mudcat
11-29-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2

The way I see it, the Broncos get three strikes and they're out of the playoffs. Any loss by the Broncos is a strike, any win for the Dolphins is a strike. Any combination of 3 strikes and the Broncos can start making golf reservations for Jan. We can still hold out hope, but chances of this team advancing are slim.

Bwelte01
11-29-2003, 11:20 PM
What do you guys think about the Broncos making the playoffs? Personally, I think that we have a very, very slim chance. But.....stranger things have happened. Denver MUST run the table in order to have a chance. Next, we have to hope that the Ravens and Dolphins faulter down the stretch. Cross your fingers Bronco fans cause its gonna be a wild ride.

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-30-2003, 05:31 AM
I've said it all along, they have a chance at making the playoffs, albeit very slim. This is where we get to see what Plummer is made of. I think your biggest problem is team chemistry. Shanahan has your team in disarray. It seems like he wants to lead them into battle by saying, "you go first, I'll follow".

GoTitans27
11-30-2003, 09:43 AM
i think the Broncos will win on out and win the divison and make the playoffs (wildcard)

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 11:18 AM
The playoffs start now!

Jared
11-30-2003, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
The playoffs start now!

Essentially, yes.

Win or go home. That would 5 straight just to MAYBE get in the playoffs. So that should be the immediate concern. But very good observation. Any losses from here on out will definitely put the team too far back out of playoff contention.

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 11:25 AM
we have two playoff caliber games between the faiders and chefs...

chickennob2
11-30-2003, 11:59 AM
If Miami and Denver end up tied the tiebraekers are
1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.

As of Now:

DENVER
Overall: 6-5 with non-conference GB left
Div - 3-1 has OAK and KC left
Con- 5-3 has OAK, KC, CLE, and IND left

MIAMI
Overall: 8-4 wit non-coneference PHI left
Div - 2-1 has NE, BUF, and NYJ left
Con- 5-4 has NE, BUF, and NYJ left

Common Opponents: SD (both won) BAL (MIA W/DEN L) NE(both loss, MIA 1 game left) IND (MIA loss/Den 1 game left)

If Denver Wins out an Miami loses only to PHI
overall: DEN 11-5 MIA 11-5
division: DEN 5-1 MIA 5-1
common: MIA wins BAL|DEN wins IND|MIA wins NE*
confrenc: DEN 9-3 MIA 8-4
MIAMI gets WILDCARD

Denver needs to win out and have Miami lose to New England to have it come down to conference games and give Denver the wildcard

BUT, this means Denver MUST win out

NYCHIEFSFAN
11-30-2003, 12:19 PM
Originally posted by GoTitans27
i think the Broncos will win on out and win the divison and make the playoffs (wildcard)

For that to happen, the Chiefs have to lose their remaining games.

Highly unlikely.

Aardwolf
11-30-2003, 12:48 PM
Realistically, the Broncos will be watching the playoffs on TV with the rest of us.

They have not beaten a single team with a winning record and they are now starting to lose to team with losing record as well.

Given the facts of the matter, the previous statement plus the fact that historically the Broncos play rather poorly in December and the fact that 3 of their remaining 5 games are against teams with winning records, the Broncos have almost no realistic chance whatsoever of making the playoffs.

While it is MOST CERTAINLY TRUE that they mathematically have a chance, talent-wise, they have almost NO chance.

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 12:52 PM
Originally posted by Aardwolf
While it is MOST CERTAINLY TRUE that they mathematically have a chance, talent-wise, they have almost NO chance.

This say's it all...