PDA

View Full Version : Portis Question

spikerman
11-28-2003, 09:20 PM
I want to preface this post by saying that I think CP is an incredible back. I was curious though- have any other Broncs fans noticed that he seems to lose his footing alot? I can't tell if he's slipping or just runs his feet right out from under him. I don't know the reason for it, but it could be that he is making moves the human body is not meant to make! Either way, I would love to see him get a few more touches per game. He is a weapon we're lucky to have.

mattos
11-28-2003, 10:36 PM
i haven't seen that.
then again i watch most of the games on gamecenter and its hard to catch the footwork watching the little helmet move across my computer screen. :laugh:

ReasonableChief
11-28-2003, 10:58 PM
Originally posted by mattos
i haven't seen that.
then again i watch most of the games on gamecenter and its hard to catch the footwork watching the little helmet move across my computer screen. :laugh:

You've really got to get the satellite dish with the NFL Sunday Ticket package, unless you have to work on Sundays.

mattos
11-28-2003, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
You've really got to get the satellite dish with the NFL Sunday Ticket package, unless you have to work on Sundays.

i'm still in school so i can't really afford that right now. but one day! one day!

Jared
11-29-2003, 07:19 AM

I work on Sundays. :-(

Not that I could justify that kind of money just to watch football.

neisha26
11-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Yes i have noticed that clinton has been falling lately but it's because the other teams are hip to him running the ball. so i guess when you look at it the opposing team is shuting him down. and i have to agree with you when you said that he sometimes does things that the human body isn't familliar with sometimes it's out of the ordinary but i'm proud of clinton and his performances but i want him to touch the ball more often.

Elway
11-29-2003, 08:40 AM
He has some great moves, but I'd like to see him finish some games as strong as he starts them.

spikerman
11-29-2003, 08:43 AM

Sunday Ticket is the best!! I don't know how I lived without it all those years. The new blackout rule sucks though. Even Dr. Z. from SI is mad about it.

orang/blu in LA
11-29-2003, 10:26 AM
Originally posted by spikerman
Sunday Ticket is the best!! I don't know how I lived without it all those years. The new blackout rule sucks though. Even Dr. Z. from SI is mad about it.

What new blackout rule? now i'm scared!

ReasonableChief
11-29-2003, 11:27 AM

What is the new blackout rule because now you've got me scared.

Crazie
11-29-2003, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by booher
no way only digital cable for me.........i can't drop my high speed internet just for some games

U have to have Digital Cable to have Cable Modem?? Ha not here. Although I do have both it is not required.

Chris
11-29-2003, 02:26 PM
Here in Hong Kong I get a few sunday ticket games streamed to me via my 8mbit connection (but I can't choose, luckily the broncos game will be on archive this week) plus the sunday and monday night games on ESPN Asia.

spikerman
11-29-2003, 03:22 PM
What is the new blackout rule because now you've got me scared.

Now, if the game is being shown on your local channel you can't get the game through Sunday Ticket. This is a problem if you are getting the second game of a double header and the first game goes into overtime. If that happens, you will miss the first part of the second game. Dr. Z (Paul Zimmerman) in Sports Illustrated has been writing about this for several weeks now. I think it happened to him very early on in the season. Did any of this make sense? lol

ReasonableChief
11-29-2003, 04:18 PM
Now, if the game is being shown on your local channel you can't get the game through Sunday Ticket. This is a problem if you are getting the second game of a double header and the first game goes into overtime. If that happens, you will miss the first part of the second game. Dr. Z (Paul Zimmerman) in Sports Illustrated has been writing about this for several weeks now. I think it happened to him very early on in the season. Did any of this make sense? lol

I thought a sellout trumped any blackouts ... so Chiefs and Bronco fans living in KC & Denver, respectively, wouldn't have to worry about it.

But I do understand that some local folk missed the first part of the Chiefs-Raider game because last weekend because the first game went into overtime.

spikerman
11-29-2003, 04:31 PM
Right. In theory people living in the Denver or KC area wouldn't have to worry about missing the Broncos or Chiefs, but I live in Texas and the Cowboys and Texans trump everybody. Theoretically for me, if Denver is scheduled to be shown on the local channel as the 2nd game of a double header, but the Cowboys or Texans game in front of it goes to OT, then I will miss the first part of the Broncos game. Until this year, that was never a problem because DirectTV showed all games through Sunday Ticket.

spikerman
11-29-2003, 04:33 PM
According to Dr. Z., FOX agrees that the policy is stupid and they let him in on a little secret. Apparently FOX is looking at buying DirectTV. Oh, according to him, the problem is not DirectTV, but the NFL. This was their decision.

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 01:07 PM
I thought a sellout trumped any blackouts ... so Chiefs and Bronco fans living in KC & Denver, respectively, wouldn't have to worry about it.

But I do understand that some local folk missed the first part of the Chiefs-Raider game because last weekend because the first game went into overtime.

the balck out that is being mentioned has nothing to do with the teams selling out or not, it is if the Dircet TV has the game and it is being shown locally then Direct TV must black out the game within a certin radius of the stadium...

Shady980
11-30-2003, 05:28 PM
ummmmm yea portis gets 34 carries...thats a little silly...he's GOD

spikerman
11-30-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
the balck out that is being mentioned has nothing to do with the teams selling out or not, it is if the Dircet TV has the game and it is being shown locally then Direct TV must black out the game within a certin radius of the stadium...

Actually the new rule has nothing to do with proximity, but what game is being shown on your local station. I know, typically they are one in the same, ie: the closest game is being shown on the local station. I live in San Antonio and for some reason, today the local station didn't show the Texans game, but the Pats and the Colts. I could get the Texans game on Sunday Ticket, but the Pats and Colts were "blacked out" from Sunday Ticket because it was being shown on the local station.

dmen612
11-30-2003, 05:34 PM
lol yes see what he can do Mike run portis like crazzzzy

Shady980
11-30-2003, 05:35 PM
yea but he should have run him instead of the int that jake threw,....Run the ball and in worst case senario u kick a FG to go up by 9...That pick made me very nervous

hawk60
11-30-2003, 05:37 PM
I agree that he was over ran today, however he did a great job!!! Way to be tough PORTIS!!!