CHIEFS fan but to me the raiders are actually playing pretty well
as of late and it might not be the cake walk it was earlier when
the broncos played the raiders. Plus to me those injuries that hit
your team at a pivitol time of the year really hurt your team. I
could see if those injuries came during a stretch of easy games
but it came during the vikes, ravens, and pats and they are all in
first place of there divisions and the CHIEFS just kept winning
so I think that hurt your whole season. By the way I know there
are some intelligent fans on this board so I will ask you this.
If the CHIEFS win against the chargers doesn't that make them
the division champs regardless of wether the broncos win or not?
Because the worst the CHIEFS can go is 11-5 and the best the
broncos can go is 11-5 then it would go to head to head then to
division--tie and then to confrence and the CHIEFS would have a
better afc record so if they beat the chargers its locked right ? If
not please explain.

cprender8
11-27-2003, 09:40 PM
Raiders are having an impressive "comeback" But they're still gonna get raped by the Broncos.

and, no way are the Chiefs gonna go 11-5 so no point in talkin about that.

Hawaiian Bronco
11-28-2003, 11:39 AM
With the injury to Woodson, the one corner spot should be the attacking point for the receivers, and they're playing their 3rd string QB (we know that feeling). Mirer is up there in years and hasn't done well in the NFL in my opinion. Since the game is at Oak, the Raiders do have their pride to protect but I think the Broncos will prevail.
I don't see KC loosing 5 this year. I see them taking the divsion as well as the confrence. I also believe that the Broncos will beat them next week.

mattos
11-28-2003, 10:44 PM
having lost to the bears in denver, it's hard to be confident going into oakland. i have absolutely no clue as to what will happen sunday.

Crazie
11-29-2003, 01:05 PM
Originally posted by mattos
having lost to the bears in denver, it's hard to be confident going into oakland. i have absolutely no clue as to what will happen sunday.

No doubt, but it also depends on if our good for nothing kicker can make simple field goals!

Javalon
11-29-2003, 03:09 PM
Originally posted by zell
By the way I know there
are some intelligent fans on this board so I will ask you this.
If the CHIEFS win against the chargers doesn't that make them
the division champs regardless of wether the broncos win or not?
Because the worst the CHIEFS can go is 11-5 and the best the
broncos can go is 11-5 then it would go to head to head then to
division--tie and then to confrence and the CHIEFS would have a
better afc record so if they beat the chargers its locked right ? If
not please explain.

Looking at the standings and the schedules, I'd say you are correct. For Denver to have even the slightest chance at the division (not bloody likely ;)) the Chiefs have to lose at least the two games to the Chargers & the Broncos and two or three more. As far as I can see, winning the Chargers game would give the Chiefs at worst a 1-1 head-to-head record, 5-1 to 5-1 tie for division games, and 10-2 to 9-3 edge in AFC games.

Yes, it does appear to me that a Chiefs win also gets them the division this weekend, regardless of the Broncos. Of course, I don't think many people doubt the West is going to the Chiefs no matter what happens this weekend.

***I just checked and found out that after division record comes "Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games." That being the case, KC could conceivably beat San Diego but lose to Detroit, Chicago, and Minnesota and Denver would win the division, all other things being equal. So, it IS possible KC wins on Sunday but still loses the division. Again, it's extremely improbable.

zell
11-29-2003, 08:24 PM
hey javalon...........thanx!!!
I was kinda hoping that after the charger game they could go to
denver play the best they have played all year, pull out the win in
denver and then beat the lions and pretty much have homefield
wraped up before even having to play the vikes on that artificial
turf and rest all the big doggs for the playoffs.

Elway
11-29-2003, 08:42 PM
Regardless of all the playoff talk, we need to focus on one team at a time, this week it is the Raiders. They have been doing a good job of trying to run the ball the past few weeks and anything can happen in Oakland. Mike knows what is one the line so he can throw his conservatism out the window.

spikerman
11-29-2003, 08:53 PM
Originally posted by Hawaiian Bronco
With the injury to Woodson, the one corner spot should be the attacking point for the receivers, and they're playing their 3rd string QB (we know that feeling). Mire is up there in years and hasn't done well in the NFL in my opinion. Since the game is at Oak, the Raiders do have their pride to protect but I think the Broncos will prevail.
I don't see KC loosing 5 this year. I see them taking the divsion as well as the confrence. I also believe that the Broncos will beat them next week.

The injury is to Rod Woodson, not Charles Woodson. With the safety being hurt, maybe this is the week that Lelie will be able to get deep and hang on to one.

royo_2222
11-29-2003, 10:49 PM
The only thing I have to say is the Raiders suck:D

thesith2001
11-30-2003, 12:38 AM
Broncos, everythinghas been said. Beat Oakland is paramount to keep playoff hopes alive.(Becideds I hate Oakland) by defeating them on Sunday you put one more nail in Bill Callahan's coffen, and might force "ole Sleek and Sneeky" fond a new "fall guy" opps, head coach;the being Davis

Good luck in this game you are in enemy territory defeat them in front of their qon.

Go Get 'em Broncs! JB

Pierce
11-30-2003, 02:45 AM
I hope we do just that.:)

GoTitans27
11-30-2003, 10:01 AM
broncos will win big 36-13

Chris
11-30-2003, 11:02 AM
I think so Titan, I hope so...but we'll see.

chickennob2
11-30-2003, 11:14 AM
I gotta agree denver will win big. But i have a question. when has oakland ever 'faded' to earn them name of 'Faiders'? The true Faders hail from Miami. Down with Fish. GO BRONCOS!

Crazie
12-02-2003, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by royo_2222
The only thing I have to say is the Raiders suck:D

Yes we already knew that. :D

Crazie
12-02-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
I gotta agree denver will win big. But i have a question. when has oakland ever 'faded' to earn them name of 'Faiders'? The true Faders hail from Miami. Down with Fish. GO BRONCOS!

Fish is good especially Tuna! :D

TheGlue Factory
12-02-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
I gotta agree denver will win big. But i have a question. when has oakland ever 'faded' to earn them name of 'Faiders'?

A few years ago (like 96ish) the Raiders started 6-2 and ended the season an even 8-8. I believe the next year they did something similar and thus was born the "Faders."