PDA

View Full Version : Denver linebacker John Mobley

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 01:45 PM
(From ESPN.com) A good guy and terrific player, recently learned he will not require surgery to repair the spinal problem that prematurely ended this season. Word is that Mobley can resume workouts early next month.

That is some good news...

orang/blu in LA
11-30-2003, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne
(From ESPN.com) A good guy and terrific player, recently learned he will not require surgery to repair the spinal problem that prematurely ended this season. Word is that Mobley can resume workouts early next month.

That is some VERY good news. that day will forever be etched in my mind as one of the scariest days. those minutes where he lay motionless were some of the longest minutes ever....

sportsgeist
11-30-2003, 01:58 PM
It's good news but I don't see him playing the rest of the season. At least I wouldn't play him and risk him getting hurt again. I would let him rest and come back strong next season.

Chris
11-30-2003, 02:01 PM
God bless the guy.

Crazie
12-02-2003, 02:36 PM
Originally posted by Chris
God bless the guy.

amen

AsianOrange
12-02-2003, 02:49 PM
I still can't believe we pick Mobley over Ray Lewis in that draft! makes me feel all sick knowing that. Like I said before though, he got us 2 super bowl rings!

Crazie
12-02-2003, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by CrazyAsian
I still can't believe we pick Mobley over Ray Lewis in that draft! makes me feel all sick knowing that. Like I said before though, he got us 2 super bowl rings!

I'd rather have Mobley than a murderer on a team. I'm sorry I kno that has nothing to do with his football skill, but now I can still like the Broncos. If the Broncos continued to let him play like the Ravens did? I would have to turn away from the Broncos. So good thing we didn't. :D

Return of Lava
12-02-2003, 03:01 PM
that is some great news. mobley is one of my favoites.

AsianOrange
12-02-2003, 03:35 PM
Originally posted by Crazie
I'd rather have Mobley than a murderer on a team. I'm sorry I kno that has nothing to do with his football skill, but now

Crazie,

As of right now..NO ONE is looking at Ray Lewis like he is a killer...they look to him like "the most awesome of awesome" Linebacker.

So...I would take Ray if we knew he would be such an animal out there!

Crazie
12-02-2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by CrazyAsian
Crazie,

As of right now..NO ONE is looking at Ray Lewis like he is a killer...they look to him like "the most awesome of awesome" Linebacker.

So...I would take Ray if we knew he would be such an animal out there!

Sadly your right. Our society has become quite pathetic. Kill a man no one cares as long as he plays good football. :rolleyes:

JETBOATRICH
12-02-2003, 09:01 PM
good news, need him back there:D

cprender8
12-02-2003, 10:41 PM
Hmmm, when did this stuff come up about Ray Lewis killing someone? Someone plz inform me about this...thx

Crazie
12-03-2003, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by cprender8
Hmmm, when did this stuff come up about Ray Lewis killing someone? Someone plz inform me about this...thx

You are kidding me right? :duh:

ReasonableChief
12-03-2003, 07:59 AM
I can't help but think of the murder charges every time I see the guy play. You could make a case that the Broncos made a mistake in not picking Lewis over Mobley, but it's not like you picked Todd Blackledge over Dan Marino or John Elway.

By the way, I'm glad Mobley won't need surgury and I hope he's back on the field next year as good as before. Those types of injuries are sickening.

orangenblue420
12-03-2003, 08:27 AM
Originally posted by ozzy_osbourne

Praise the Lord!!!!!!! Thank God and Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!

I was close to crying when I saw Mobley go down and not move. He has been one of my fav's since we drafted him, and I for one am glad we have him and not Ray. Mobley is good for our team and fits in well. Chemistry has a lot to do with whether your team will be a success(i.e. Raiders and Tampa Bay this year).

Speedy recovery to you John, you are sorely missed!!!!!!!!!!!!

broncos4ever
12-03-2003, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by orangenblue420
Praise the Lord!!!!!!! Thank God and Hallelujah!!!!!!!!!!

I was close to crying when I saw Mobley go down and not move. He has been one of my fav's since we drafted him, and I for one am glad we have him and not Ray. Mobley is good for our team and fits in well. Chemistry has a lot to do with whether your team will be a success(i.e. Raiders and Tampa Bay this year).

Speedy recovery to you John, you are sorely missed!!!!!!!!!!!!

John has a special place in my heart also. My Son was born on NFL draft day, the exact hour that John Mobley was picked for the Denver Broncos. I have a "labor room" picture of the TV and Mobley's picture on it in the "Baby" book. Coincidentally, my son's name is Jonathan.

orangenblue420
12-03-2003, 03:04 PM
Originally posted by broncos4ever
John has a special place in my heart also. My Son was born on NFL draft day, the exact hour that John Mobley was picked for the Denver Broncos. I have a "labor room" picture of the TV and Mobley's picture on it in the "Baby" book. Coincidentally, my son's name is Jonathan.

OMG that is sooooo cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

O_n_B_indaLou
12-03-2003, 03:07 PM
Ray Lewis stabbed two men outside of a pub a few years back, less than twelve months after Leonard Little from the Rams killed that mother of two in a DUI case. I actually think it was the same year that the defensive back from Carolina had paid someone to kill his wife/girlfriend and unborn child. And it was probably a year after Romanowski assaulted that guy in a Denver pub. If that helps with time frames.

Google it up and I am sure you will be able to find specific dates for the incidents.

I have zero respect for coaches and presidents of organizations that let this type of $hit go on. Lewis and Little should have been treated like everyone else would have been in that same situation. My only salvation is that in civil court their families have received rather large settlements as their career contracts have grown. Which is also why I am hoping Michael Jackson and Bryant feel the full weight of our courts and actually do jail time for their crimes.

.... sorry for derailing this thread ....

That is awesome news about Mobley! He has been my favorite defensive player for quite a while and I can't wait to see him suit up again in 2004.

ReasonableChief
12-03-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by O_n_B_indaLou
Ray Lewis stabbed two men outside of a pub a few years back, less than twelve months after Leonard Little from the Rams killed that mother of two in a DUI case.

Just to be clear, Lewis was never convicted of stabbing those men. He faced some obstruction charges and paid a heavy fine to the NFL, but it was never established that Lewis stabbed the men.

broncos_mtnman
12-03-2003, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by ReasonableChief
Just to be clear, Lewis was never convicted of stabbing those men. He faced some obstruction charges and paid a heavy fine to the NFL, but it was never established that Lewis stabbed the men.

Only because he plea bargained. A plea bargain doesn't mean you're innocent. It usually means that there's alot of evidence that could send you up the river and you need to take the offer to avoid serious time.

ReasonableChief
12-03-2003, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by broncos_mtnman
Only because he plea bargained. A plea bargain doesn't mean you're innocent. It usually means that there's alot of evidence that could send you up the river and you need to take the offer to avoid serious time.

Nor does a charge mean you're guilty. I was just pointing out that he wasn't convicted of the murder, not nominating him for Man of the Year.

broncos_chick
12-03-2003, 06:15 PM
Sadly your right. Our society has become quite pathetic. Kill a man no one cares as long as he plays good football. :rolleyes:

Or nearly decapitating your ex-wife and stabbing a guy umpteen times who just happened to be returning some glasses her mother left at the restaurant.

Crazie
12-03-2003, 06:18 PM
Originally posted by broncos_chick
Or nearly decapitating your ex-wife and stabbing a guy umpteen times who just happened to be returning some glasses her mother left at the restaurant.

That's true also. But OJ didn't do this while he was playing ball. Did he?

As for Kobe and Jack0 neither have been convicted yet nor has any solid evidence been presented so to me they are still innocent.

broncos_chick
12-03-2003, 06:25 PM
That's true also. But OJ didn't do this while he was playing ball. Did he?

Good point, I just got caught up in the sentiment of the moment. Being an occasionally funny actor is no comparison to being out there on the field.

Back to Mobley, though: That was the BEST news I've heard in a long time! I'm extremely happy that no surgery will be needed. Looks like all the prayers said for him may have had their effect.

cprender8
12-03-2003, 06:27 PM
any note on how ian gold is doing?