PDA

View Full Version : INDY or MIAMI? who will we keep out?

chickennob2
11-30-2003, 02:37 PM
We all know the situation with Miami. But i think we've got a good chance to instead get in ahead of the Colts. Indy lost today, so we are only 2 games behind them. if Indy loses to the Titans next week (they will), then we need to win out, thus beating the Colts (both 11-5 then) and getting the head-to-head tiebraker

bronco30
11-30-2003, 03:49 PM
denver is not goin to the playoffs.......end of story

ozzy_osbourne
11-30-2003, 06:15 PM
now let grease ball in and I almost guarntee we can get in...:)

broncos_mtnman
11-30-2003, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by chickennob2
We all know the situation with Miami. But i think we've got a good chance to instead get in ahead of the Colts. Indy lost today, so we are only 2 games behind them. if Indy loses to the Titans next week (they will), then we need to win out, thus beating the Colts (both 11-5 then) and getting the head-to-head tiebraker

Not a bad scenario. Shanny has had a hard time beating teams coached by Tony Dungy. He wasn't able to beat him when he coached the Bucs and he lost last year to Indy in Denver.

I'm not saying it's impossible, but with Manning at QB, it will be very hard.

Pierce
11-30-2003, 08:34 PM
We saw today that Peyton isn't invincible. It's going to take a much better defensive effort, but a win over Indy is very possible.

Note to self: Must focus on task at hand. Chiefs are next. :goofy:

broncosgrrrl
11-30-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by bronco30
denver is not goin to the playoffs.......end of story

Wow... you're lack of faith makes me very sad! Are you sure you are a broncos fan?

GO BRONCOS!!! POOP ON KC!!!

Elway
11-30-2003, 09:04 PM
I don't think we will keep Indy out. We need to win first.

Baltimore needs to edge out Cinci and take the division, we have the tie breaker over the Bengals, and we need Miami to drop a game or two. If we don't win it is all moot.

Captain Kirk
11-30-2003, 09:25 PM
I think that IND has shown in the past that they are not unlike MIA, in that they fade in the late season. IND started today, and MIA the next few weeks.
I think we need to worry about the previous laughers, the AFC North! CIN is really looking good now and I think they will make laughing stock out of BAL next week.

gr8moose
12-01-2003, 10:13 AM
Indy is confusing me more than the
broncos are rtight now, at least the Broncos have some crucial injuries hampering the team,Indy just seems to fall short at important moments yet are completely ca[bale of ripping teams apart.

I actually thought they would make a good playoff run this season, at least to the AFC Championship, but they have really found all sorts of new ways to trip themselves up this season.

Broncos get in over miami, the FIns just do not have the kind of consistancy to finish strong enough to take the spot. They do have Brian Griese, nuff sed.

rascal
12-01-2003, 10:17 AM
Don't forget Dallas Clarke, that guy is awesome, broke his fibula and is out rest of the regular season for the colts. That will hurt because Payton was throwing to him on crucial downs according to my friend who is a colt fan.

rascal
12-01-2003, 10:19 AM
Sorry, but Indy won't fall. They have Titans, Falcons, Texans, and us. They will probably go 2-2, which means they go 11-5 and still in the playoffs.

dandaman23
12-01-2003, 10:19 AM
I dont really care how we get in or who has to lose as long as in the end the Broncos are in the playoffs.

pikman
12-01-2003, 10:59 AM
Maimi is the best shot at not making it.
They've got a couple of nasty games coming up in NE and Philly. Plus they have two QB's, neither of whom has shown any consistency this year. Ricky looked good early in the season, but in typical Miami fashion he and the rest of the finns will fold up like cheap suites.

Thanks to Baltimore's recently found offense (WOW) they should win the north leaving the second wild card spot their for Denver to grab.

LLChiefsFan
12-01-2003, 12:55 PM
Sorry guys but the Broncos wont make the playoffs. They need to many things to happen before they are in. When you need the stars to lineup and the tealeaves to fall right you normally donít make the playoffs. This is not because I am a Chiefs fan but because I have watched the Broncos play this year and they donít have the team to win the next 4 games two of which are on the road against teams also fighting for the playoffs.

- Denver must beat Indy and GB on the road with both of those teams fighting for playoff births and KC who is going for home field advantage as well as AFC West title this week, KC cant afford to stumble with NE and Tennessee waiting in the wings. I will give you the benefit of the doubt because they are playing at home two of the last four games. Denver ends up 9-7, and misses the playoffs for the 4th time since Elway retired.
- They need Baltimore to fall on their face against Cleveland, Oakland, and Pittsburgh this is if they lose to Cincy at home giving them 10-6. If they lose they will go 9-7 and have a step up on Denver for any wild card spot.
- Or, Cincy to fall on their face, they will probably lose to St. Louis and Baltimore on the road giving them 9-7. If they beat Baltimore then they will end up10-6.
- I do expect Miami to lose against NE and Phily but not to Buffalo or the Jets even though they are rivalry games. 10-6 (worse case they loose to Buffalo and go 9-7)

Like someone else mentioned you need a lot of help and I believe Shanahans nine lives have ran out. Never should have given him that big of an extension. 9 years in one place is too long for one coach to be in charge. (I am talking pro coaching not college and current era not the 60ís)

I predict (this is with Baltimore winning this weekend, if they donít put Cincy as the North Champs and possibly Baltimore for the last WC spot.)
AFC East- New England
AFC North- Baltimore
AFC South- Tennessee
AFC West- KC
Wild Card- Indianapolis
Wild Card- Miami

BroncoManiac_69
12-01-2003, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by dandaman23
I dont really care how we get in or who has to lose as long as in the end the Broncos are in the playoffs.

AMEN!

GO BRONCOS!!

BarrelMan4Ever
12-01-2003, 03:18 PM
i sure wish we had the <----man to provide that bronco magic.

chickennob2
12-01-2003, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by BarrelMan4Ever
i sure wish we had the <----man to provide that bronco magic.

lol. That's a sad story. But hey, we beat up on KC, get a little help against INDY (like big-play TE Dallas Clark breaking leg in IND-NE game) and we are cruising into the playoffs

Aardwolf
12-01-2003, 05:09 PM
It always amazes me when these polls are created how frequently the correct answer is nowhere to be found on the poll.

The correct answer is "Denver finishes 8-8 and out of playoffs. AFC teams that qualify are Kansas City, New England, Tennessee, Indianapolis, Baltimore and Cincinnati."