PDA

View Full Version : Huskers 3-0!

aberdien
09-18-2005, 09:51 PM
Woohoo! That Zac Taylor character looks like a good QB for us!! :beer:

Here's to an undefeted season for the Huskers!!

And a losing season for the Sooners!! :beer: :beer:

broncofan303
09-18-2005, 09:55 PM
umm...I wouldn't be to thrilled with the 3-0...struggling with Maine, beating a team that lost to Vandy, and beating a horrible Pitt team that went 2-5 with field goals...

I was not impressed by Nebraska's offense and Taylor at all, they played horrible all 3 games...But what will keep you in is that D...they've gotten a lot better than last year..the upgraded the speed and barely miss zone assignments...

Your test will come against Iowa State...

Buff_bronc_fan
09-19-2005, 09:16 AM
umm...I wouldn't be to thrilled with the 3-0...struggling with Maine, beating a team that lost to Vandy, and beating a horrible Pitt team that went 2-5 with field goals...

I was not impressed by Nebraska's offense and Taylor at all, they played horrible all 3 games...But what will keep you in is that D...they've gotten a lot better than last year..the upgraded the speed and barely miss zone assignments...

Your test will come against Iowa State...

Amen, Zac Taylor didn't look horrible... But that offense doesn't look like it's goin anywhere very fast. The blackshirts will keep them in the season, but if their offense plays like that in conferencem it will be a long year in Lincoln.

BVP
09-19-2005, 07:53 PM
I like the Huskers, but I am dissapointed with how they couldn't do anything against Pitt. Their offense scored only 7 points. I mean, how the hell is that gonna cut it in the Big 12? With that kind of performance, even CU might be able to beat them.(Sorry bout that, just had to say it :heh: )

broncofan303
09-19-2005, 09:47 PM
I like the Huskers, but I am dissapointed with how they couldn't do anything against Pitt. Their offense scored only 7 points. I mean, how the hell is that gonna cut it in the Big 12? With that kind of performance, even CU might be able to beat them.(Sorry bout that, just had to say it :heh: )

LOL since you like CSU and the Huskers, I figured it was fitting..

But if they play that way against CU or Iowa State, they would just eat them up...the game is in Boulder this year isn't it? If it is, you guys have no chance..

rcsodak
09-19-2005, 11:16 PM
The fusker are lucky they have cupcakes so far.
Their record will be 5-6..........if they're lucky.

mrsolo
09-20-2005, 05:54 AM
Woohoo! That Zac Taylor character looks like a good QB for us!! :beer:

And a losing season for the Sooners!!

Three cheers for the cornsuckers!!!!! :coffee:

BroncoInATL
09-20-2005, 07:18 PM
Go huskers!

BVP
09-20-2005, 07:24 PM
LOL since you like CSU and the Huskers, I figured it was fitting..

But if they play that way against CU or Iowa State, they would just eat them up...the game is in Boulder this year isn't it? If it is, you guys have no chance..

The CU - Nebraska game is at Folsom Field in Boulder. So, I hate to say this, but I think that the Buffs are gonna kick the Huskers ass, cause the Huskers are not playing that well on offense.

OhNoKoolAid
09-21-2005, 03:39 PM
Nebraska is bad, they have been underwhelming and will struggle when their above average defense cannot support it's lackluster offense. Likewise, in the South, Oklahoma State is bad, and will be exposed by any team with a pulse.

aberdien
09-21-2005, 03:51 PM
Yeah, it's looks real hard to beat Maine. :laugh:

Well, there ain't no law that says you can't cheer for your team is there! ;)

mrsolo
09-21-2005, 07:48 PM
Nebraska is bad, they have been underwhelming and will struggle when their above average defense cannot support it's lackluster offense. Likewise, in the South, Oklahoma State is bad, and will be exposed by any team with a pulse.

Their D has been pretty solid, though you can't really tell by the competition. I think the O will click more and more as the season goes on and Bobby gets more and more confidence.

It's amazing how similar OU and OSU's teams have been, although OSU has been able to spend more time in the WIN column.

OhNoKoolAid
09-21-2005, 08:15 PM
Their D has been pretty solid, though you can't really tell by the competition. I think the O will click more and more as the season goes on and Bobby gets more and more confidence.

It's amazing how similar OU and OSU's teams have been, although OSU has been able to spend more time in the WIN column.

OSU will crumble, just watch. I believe they open up their Big XII home schedule with Colorado and Missouri, two teams with solid offenses and stout defenses. I just don't see how you can win many games in the Big XII with average rushing quarterbacks. I'd like to see Reid throw more, but they seem bent on letting him pounf the ball away between the tackles with his 6'2 230 frame.

Oklahoma is a much better team than OSU, it's just that OSU has played nobody of significance. A solid passing team will torch that unproven OSU secondary. I think that Texas, Texas A&M and Texas Tech will be the Big XII south leaders this season.

rcsodak
09-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Does Texasss go undefeated this year?
If not, who beats 'em?

And who's the team to beat in the north? ISU or CU?

broncofan303
09-22-2005, 12:05 AM
If not, who beats 'em?

Oklahoma! They're getting things together just in time before the Red River Shootout, scurry thought for Texass....

And come on, of course CU...as soon as anyone else wins the North then they can be considered the team to beat...

OhNoKoolAid
09-22-2005, 10:46 AM
If not, who beats 'em?

I think Texas only struggles against Oklahoma and Texas A&M. Oklahoma's offense will pose little threat to that strong Texas D, but the score will stay low because Texas' offensive weakness will be on display when OU's linebackers attempt to bottle Young. It could get ugly in favor of Texas is OU's defensive ends play like they did in the second hald of the UCLA game, becasue there will then be little containment for Young. Vince may not be quite the prospect people think he is, but he is a helluva college QB that is a tough matchup problem. I still say Texas wins by a touchdown and a field goal, but it will stay tighter than many analysts will lead you to believe.

A&M poses another threat as a rivalry and a talented core of players that could be playing for the South title. They have the closest match to Texas' experienced talent. Again, though, Texas will prevail and I believe they will head into the Big XII title game undefeated. Looking at that Texas defensive line and experienced secondary, this could be the best Texas defense under Mack Brown.

The North will once again be a sacrifical lamb for a South Steamroller. Colorado and Iowa State look much improved, but neither has exhibited a depth of talent to hang with the South's elite. CU's run defense could be gashed this weekend by Tyrone Moss, as it proved leaky against CSU at times. Also, Miami's athletes will outmatch CU's offense, giving everyone a glimpse of what Texas' athletes may be able to do to them. Miami may be down a bit on offense, but this defense may be one of the best Colorado will face this year, outside of Texas.

Iowa State outscored an overrated Iowa offense made worse by the loss of its overrated QB. Iowa State still looked pretty polished that game, and their one-two-three punch of Meyer-Hicks-Blythe may be the best in the Big XII North. They aren't deep, however, and may falter down the stretch, but I don't see how anyone outside of Colorado will contend with them.

The North looks like a complete toss up between ISU and CU, but whoever wins will likely be thrown to the wolves against Texas. North teams should make it an effort to make this year's title game decided within two touchdowns, that in itself would be a mild accomplishment.

Buff_bronc_fan
09-22-2005, 08:27 PM
The North looks like a complete toss up between ISU and CU, but whoever wins will likely be thrown to the wolves against Texas. North teams should make it an effort to make this year's title game decided within two touchdowns, that in itself would be a mild accomplishment.

While you're pretty much right on with this, I would just caution you to get too high on this 'South is far superior to the North' view. Historically the South is only up 5-4 in the Championship, and things can change dramatically from year to year. And this year, yeah it would be somewhat of a victory to upset a strong TX team, not too much unlike 2001?

mrsolo
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
While you're pretty much right on with this, I would just caution you to get too high on this 'South is far superior to the North' view. Historically the South is only up 5-4 in the Championship, and things can change dramatically from year to year. And this year, yeah it would be somewhat of a victory to upset a strong TX team, not too much unlike 2001?

Actually, I think the North is more balanced, with 3 or 4 teams who could pull through and win. Colorado looks solid. Missouri....with Brad Smith who know what they can pull off. Iowa State looks stronger than a lot of people expected. Nebraska, well, they always have good linemen...lol. Kansas and K-State, who knows?

The South is top heavy, with the Sooners not being in that top half for the first time since 1998. Texas is the favorite, with 2nd being a toss up in my opinion between Texas A&M and Texas Tech. Looks like OU and OSU will be battling for 4th, unless one of the really starts to jell when Big XII play starts.

watchthemiddle
09-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Can Texas shut down Texas Tech's offense?

mrsolo
09-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Can Texas shut down Texas Tech's offense?

It's hard to tell. I really just depends on matchups. More than shutting them down, you have to keep them out of the endzone. Let them kick 5 or 6 field goals. That's only 15-18 points. Texas will be able to run on them and that will keep their offense off the field.

OU has has a lot of success either shutting them down or at least containing them the last 5 years. I'm not too confident in how they'll hold up this year though since they have to go to Lubbock. Could be a looooooong day. :mad:

broncofan303
09-22-2005, 09:16 PM
OU has has a lot of success either shutting them down or at least containing them the last 5 years. I'm not too confident in how they'll hold up this year though since they have to go to Lubbock. Could be a looooooong day. :mad:

Well it's been a looonnnnnggg five years for the Horns...LOL

I really don't know...Sooners are getting things together, Bomar has some speed and he's starting to get use to this throwing thing...watch out Horns!

Shenlong
09-23-2005, 01:19 AM
This year nebraska falls.. I dont see them beating CU KU ISU or MU.. KSU is still down so theyve got a shot at them but i wouldnt be surprised to see NU lose to them as well.. The north could very well run the table on the huskers.. As for the north title, its CUs to lose..
Texas, this ones tough.. They will win the Big 12, but i dont think theyll go undefeated.. Im gona go out on a limb and say they get beat by a team they shouldnt, like missouri or ok st.. someone like that.. Without looking at the schedule ill stick with my bold prediction and pinpoint 2 weeks that it could happen.. Either the week before or the week after their date with OU.. The week before they might be overlooking a team, and the week after they could very well get caught up in a letdown..

OhNoKoolAid
09-23-2005, 08:36 PM

That may be so, but when the North was winning they had some real talented teams, like Chris Brown's Colorado team. This Colorado team bares little resemblance to the 2001 team. while I won't argue that the talent is better this year than in year's past, look at what that team had up front. I think only Brian Daniels could start on that line, and that group put almost every starter in the NFL. Barnett would kill to have Gurode and Rogers back. I think the backs are a wash, because I really believe, if given the chance, Vickers could be a standout power back, but the "V" back flirtation gives him little looks. Vickers was the best ball carrier on the team last year. I also think that Pesavento might have been better than Klatt, being that Klatt is largely overhyped and was only average last sason and the start of this season. This year's d-line doesn't have any Tyler Brayton's, and the linebackers of the '01 team were very underrated. I also think the secondary was better then as well, with the play of Moorer and Strickland being the difference. This Texas team, however, could be much better defensively than that one.

I really only see a slightly improved Colorado team over last season. I also won't be suprised if Colorado gets trounced by Miami in a similar fashion to the FSU game last season. This is a team that is once again good enough o get by, but not deep enough to wreak havoc. Remember that he '01 team was special in its ability to control the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball, I don't think this year's team has the horses to do so.

Nothing about the North suggests a split from the current trend of South Dominance. The talent inequality is too great at the moment.

OhNoKoolAid
09-23-2005, 08:39 PM
It's hard to tell. I really just depends on matchups. More than shutting them down, you have to keep them out of the endzone. Let them kick 5 or 6 field goals. That's only 15-18 points. Texas will be able to run on them and that will keep their offense off the field.

Texas should control Tech fairly well because of their dominant secondary and pass rush. I also think they can hang with them in a shoot out. It will take a special performance to up-end Texas this season, but why not let them go all the way. They'll only be the sacrifical lamb to the Trojan machine. The most overhyped game of the weekend is that UO vs. USC game. USC in a laugher, take it to the bank, Oregon is still average.

rcsodak
09-23-2005, 09:22 PM
This year nebraska falls.. I dont see them beating CU KU ISU or MU.. KSU is still down so theyve got a shot at them but i wouldnt be surprised to see NU lose to them as well.. The north could very well run the table on the huskers.. As for the north title, its CUs to lose..
Texas, this ones tough.. They will win the Big 12, but i dont think theyll go undefeated.. Im gona go out on a limb and say they get beat by a team they shouldnt, like missouri or ok st.. someone like that.. Without looking at the schedule ill stick with my bold prediction and pinpoint 2 weeks that it could happen.. Either the week before or the week after their date with OU.. The week before they might be overlooking a team, and the week after they could very well get caught up in a letdown..
Historically, Texass has always struggled with teams the week leading up to the OU game......
...and have gone undefeated afterwards.

But that was back when OU was "the big game"......so I'm not sure about this year.

broncofan303
09-23-2005, 10:07 PM
Texas should control Tech fairly well because of their dominant secondary and pass rush. I also think they can hang with them in a shoot out. It will take a special performance to up-end Texas this season, but why not let them go all the way. They'll only be the sacrifical lamb to the Trojan machine. The most overhyped game of the weekend is that UO vs. USC game. USC in a laugher, take it to the bank, Oregon is still average.

Oregon is very average..probably below average..but everybody wants to hype up USC, but honestly they have a great, proficient offense..an average D..and they play NOBODY all year, so they'll probably go undefeated... I love the Irish, but their D can't handle USC's offense, we'll see..

broncofan303
09-23-2005, 10:10 PM
Historically, Texass has always struggled with teams the week leading up to the OU game......
...and have gone undefeated afterwards.

But that was back when OU was "the big game"......so I'm not sure about this year.

It's still a huge game...did you know conference play hasn't started yet? That means if they win the Big 12, they're in a BCS Bowl... I was watching the UCLA/OU game on the U today and it looked like everything was coming together, just some things needs to be ironed out...mostly a lot of mistakes on the offense (Bomar holding the ball too long, not throwing it away, center/QB exchance, etc)...

OU's front seven is very good, the secondary is a little shaky at times, but AD and the D is keeping them competetive..

maruske845
09-24-2005, 08:47 AM
go huskers!and i cant wait till they stomp isu...cuz i;ll be there :beer:

Shenlong
09-24-2005, 12:45 PM
go huskers!and i cant wait till they stomp isu...cuz i;ll be there :beer:

Youve got to be able to score more than 7 points a game to stomp someone

Lilrush
10-02-2005, 10:42 AM
Is 27 points enough. Nebraska is looking at six wins, with a chance at seven. We will take it, because the youngins (help with spelling anyone from the south?) are going to destroy the North in a few years.

Nick7
10-02-2005, 01:09 PM
Youve got to be able to score more than 7 points a game to stomp someone

A w is a w.

rcsodak
10-02-2005, 11:16 PM
A w is a w.

....until they become L's.......

rcsodak
10-02-2005, 11:17 PM
Is 27 points enough. Nebraska is looking at six wins, with a chance at seven. We will take it, because the youngins (help with spelling anyone from the south?) are going to destroy the North in a few years.

Give 'em enough quarters to play, and they'll maybe score 28! :coffee:

Has any team they've beaten, done anything?

armedequation
10-03-2005, 03:38 AM
no team they have played is that good. Their first mistake was hiring Mr. Callahan.

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
....until they become L's.......

Right, because we all know that W's can just turn into L's after the fact. :coffee:

aberdien
10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Bill Callahan is actually a good coach. Don't hate because he coached the raiders... :coffee:

He led them to the superbowl, did he not?

Iowa State had won at least 7(i'm too lazy too look it up) straight games until this game.

That's what they have done.

The Pittsburgh team was pretty good last year if I remember correctly. Check 'em out before you jump to conclusions that they have done nothing.

But the Maine team is a different story. I didn't even know Maine had a football team.

mrsolo
10-03-2005, 05:56 PM
Bill Callahan is actually a good coach. Don't hate because he coached the raiders... :coffee:

He led them to the superbowl, did he not?

Iowa State had won at least 7(i'm too lazy too look it up) straight games until this game.

The Pittsburgh team was pretty good last year if I remember correctly. Check 'em out before you jump to conclusions that they have done nothing.

But the Maine team is a different story. I didn't even know Maine had a football team.

He's still a jerk. I've always had great respect for the Corhusker football tradition and their coaches and players. Bill Calahan does not fit in. Anybody who would disgrace the class of the OU/Nebraska rivalry by calling the fans a "bunch of f-ing hillbillies" has no place as Nebraska's coach.

aberdien
10-03-2005, 06:14 PM
He's still a jerk. I've always had great respect for the Corhusker football tradition and their coaches and players. Bill Calahan does not fit in. Anybody who would disgrace the class of the OU/Nebraska rivalry by calling the fans a "bunch of f-ing hillbillies" has no place as Nebraska's coach.

Yeah, I remember that. I'm an Oklahoman so, he's an idiot.

Well, I guess you win.

BRING BACK SOLICH!!!

rcsodak
10-03-2005, 10:07 PM

What does a college team's record from a previous year have anything to do with this year?
You do realize that players graduate each year, right?
And Pitt? LMAO! Will they EVER win? Rutgers would kick the snot out of the fuskers......

I won't even touch Maine......

Big Buck 1981
10-04-2005, 07:11 AM
What does a college team's record from a previous year have anything to do with this year?
You do realize that players graduate each year, right?
And Pitt? LMAO! Will they EVER win? Rutgers would kick the snot out of the fuskers......

I won't even touch Maine......

Kinda like Oklahoma would kick the snot out of TCU....oh...wait....

Well...they would probably beat the living daylights out of UCLA....wait....no....hmmm....

Bottom Line:

Huskers = 4-0 & 107 AP votes for top 25
Sooners = 2-2 & 0 votes for top 25

Rutgers = 3-1 & 0 votes for top 25

Heck, I think Rutgers could beat the sooners right now.

Nick7
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM

Yeah thats almost as bad as ****ing with the Nebraska players after the game and taunting them with almost cannon like guns.

mrsolo
10-04-2005, 10:05 AM
Yeah thats almost as bad as ****ing with the Nebraska players after the game and taunting them with almost cannon like guns.

Were you there on the field? Did you see with your own eyes what happened? It's pretty obvious that he wasn't gonna "shoot" a football player with a noise-maker. So, why not knock the crap out of someone half your size who isn't wearing pads. Sure...makes sense. :coffee:

Big Buck 1981
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Were you there on the field? Did you see with your own eyes what happened?

The follow up to that question would be, "Were you?"

I wasn't there, I didn't see it go down, all I know is that they probably should keep players separate from fans...because players are already geared up on adrenaline and shouldn't have to put up with fans getting in their face.

I'm not defending what happened, just trying to say it could have been prevented had the Oklahoma fans just stayed away from the Husker players.

rcsodak
10-04-2005, 11:29 PM
Kinda like Oklahoma would kick the snot out of TCU....oh...wait....

Well...they would probably beat the living daylights out of UCLA....wait....no....hmmm....

Bottom Line:

Huskers = 4-0 & 107 AP votes for top 25
Sooners = 2-2 & 0 votes for top 25

Rutgers = 3-1 & 0 votes for top 25

Heck, I think Rutgers could beat the sooners right now.

Now, now, bucky......careful what you say...

...lest you forget who plays whom this year...... :coffee:

So you're saying the fuskers would've beaten UCLA? (PITT)
Are you even sure the fuskers would've beaten TCU the first game of the season?
(They are, afterall, D1A) :cheers:

Iceman_44b
10-05-2005, 01:27 AM

You act like the OU program has always been a bunch of angels and never done anything to disgrace the rivalry. I remember some pretty class-less players and coaches back in the mid to late 80's.On and off the field. Not saying the Cornhusker program is perfect or the Longhorns for that matter, just saying people mess up. Good Luck Saturday. :beer: After the Texas win!

mrsolo
10-05-2005, 05:53 AM
You act like the OU program has always been a bunch of angels and never done anything to disgrace the rivalry. I remember some pretty class-less players and coaches back in the mid to late 80's.On and off the field. Not saying the Cornhusker program is perfect or the Longhorns for that matter, just saying people mess up. Good Luck Saturday. :beer: After the Texas win!

Care to provide some examples??? I did. :coffee:

Big Buck 1981
10-05-2005, 06:26 AM
Good frickin' grief, a few guys try to get excited about a 4-0 start, and all we hear is how bad our team is while theirs is 2-2. The title of the thread is "Huskers 3-0!", not "Huskers are better than Sooners" if you wanna talk smack, start your own thread.

Come time for the Oklahoma-Texas game...I'll be the biggest Texas fan in the country.

mrsolo
10-05-2005, 07:08 AM
Good frickin' grief, a few guys try to get excited about a 4-0 start, and all we hear is how bad our team is while theirs is 2-2. The title of the thread is "Huskers 3-0!", not "Huskers are better than Sooners" if you wanna talk smack, start your own thread.

Come time for the Oklahoma-Texas game...I'll be the biggest Texas fan in the country.

I believe the smack started with the thread starter........

Woohoo! That Zac Taylor character looks like a good QB for us!!

And a losing season for the Sooners!! :beer:

So, just learn to deal with it. :coffee:

Big Buck 1981
10-05-2005, 08:24 AM
I believe the smack started with the thread starter........

So, just learn to deal with it. :coffee:

Well, color me embarrassed! :duh: I have an excuse though, I posted that at 8:26 a.m., and my first cup of coffee didn't come until 10:00 a.m., that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

mrsolo
10-05-2005, 08:32 AM
Well, color me embarrassed! :duh: I have an excuse though, I posted that at 8:26 a.m., and my first cup of coffee didn't come until 10:00 a.m., that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

LOL....understood.