PDA

View Full Version : Buffs vs. 'Canes II

Buff_bronc_fan
09-19-2005, 11:45 AM
Ok, so the buffs opened as 14 point 'dogs for the game in Miami this Saturday. Miami is coming off a big triple overtime win against Clemson, and they look to have found their ground game in the form of junior Tyrone Moss who went ran for 139 yards in Clemson.

Can the Buffs mount enough of an offensive attack to stay with Miami? The Colorado D will have their hands full stopping the run, and still making sure they don't let the speedy WR's beat them deep (as most teams like to attack the buffs deep.) It looks like CU will need to play a perfect game to have a chance, any thoughts??

broncofan303
09-19-2005, 01:40 PM
not a perfect game exactly..just no game-turning turnovers...we need to run the ball and eat up the clock..we are not going to beat them how we beat CSU..Miami does have the superior talent but let's just hope Buffs show up for this game (not like against FSU)...

Buff_bronc_fan
09-19-2005, 03:04 PM
not a perfect game exactly..just no game-turning turnovers...we need to run the ball and eat up the clock..we are not going to beat them how we beat CSU..Miami does have the superior talent but let's just hope Buffs show up for this game (not like against FSU)...

Lets hope no one gets thrown out pregame for brawling like the '93 game in Boulder.... Although I do miss the days when CU was relivant enough to get the top teams that fired up. Now we're a mere blip on the national radar. But yes, CU will need to establish the run, let's hope they can get the whole team healthy and ready to play by saturday

DenverFanInGB
09-19-2005, 05:14 PM
I'll bet some CP that the Canes beat the Buffs.

Any takers??

broncofan303
09-19-2005, 05:36 PM

Any takers??

Bring it...LOL you can give 5 cps a day right? we will bet 5 cp's on saturday..Deal?

BVP
09-19-2005, 08:05 PM
Vickers has to have one of the best games of his career, if CU wants a shot at winning.

Buff_bronc_fan
09-19-2005, 08:18 PM

Any takers??

I'm gonna need you to give me some points, I'm not as brave as 303.

DenverFanInGB
09-20-2005, 05:59 AM
Bring it...LOL you can give 5 cps a day right? we will bet 5 cp's on saturday..Deal?

I can give out 5 CP's a day, but i have to spread them around to different people. I don't think you can give out 5 to just one person, otherwise i would.

But you're on!!

DenverFanInGB
09-20-2005, 06:00 AM
I'm gonna need you to give me some points, I'm not as brave as 303.

How many points?

Buff_bronc_fan
09-22-2005, 07:51 PM
How many points?

Spread was 14 last I checked at www.sportsinteraction.com...Gimme 14 points and you're on for 2 CP's....

watchthemiddle
09-22-2005, 07:58 PM
Ok, so the buffs opened as 14 point 'dogs for the game in Miami this Saturday. Miami is coming off a big triple overtime win against Clemson, and they look to have found their ground game in the form of junior Tyrone Moss who went ran for 139 yards in Clemson.

Can the Buffs mount enough of an offensive attack to stay with Miami? The Colorado D will have their hands full stopping the run, and still making sure they don't let the speedy WR's beat them deep (as most teams like to attack the buffs deep.) It looks like CU will need to play a perfect game to have a chance, any thoughts??

Well I sure wouldn't want to sound like a HOMER ( sarcasm coming ) so I think the Buffs would be kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win. I mean, Miami is such a more superior team than the Buffs could ever measure up to. Miami has that stellar D, and running game, and overall team speed. I am sure Klatt will get picked off about 3 times with all of the pressure he will face and speed Miami has on D.

With all that said, if its close for some reason, the Buffs will win it off of special teams. WInning field position could keep them in the game and Mason Crosby is good for about 4 FG's in the game.

Buff_bronc_fan
09-22-2005, 08:06 PM
Well I sure wouldn't want to sound like a HOMER ( sarcasm coming ) so I think the Buffs would be kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win. I mean, Miami is such a more superior team than the Buffs could ever measure up to. Miami has that stellar D, and running game, and overall team speed. I am sure Klatt will get picked off about 3 times with all of the pressure he will face and speed Miami has on D.

With all that said, if its close for some reason, the Buffs will win it off of special teams. WInning field position could keep them in the game and Mason Crosby is good for about 4 FG's in the game. :confused: :confused:

Ok, lets remember you called me out earlier this week, so forgive me if I'm a little overly critical of you this week... But this argument makes no sense, you say that they are kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win, but then you turn around and give a scenario in which the Buffs could win the game.

You make decent points about Miami being solid in pretty much every facet of the game minus a (somewhat) weaker offense than they are accustomed to. While I don't expect the Buffs to go in and win, anytime you play a team of this magnitude one can't help but get excited just to guage where a program is at.

watchthemiddle
09-22-2005, 08:08 PM
:confused: :confused:

Ok, lets remember you called me out earlier this week, so forgive me if I'm a little overly critical of you this week... But this argument makes no sense, you say that they are kidding themselves if they think they can go in there and win, but then you turn around and give a scenario in which the Buffs could win the game.

You make decent points about Miami being solid in pretty much every facet of the game minus a (somewhat) weaker offense than they are accustomed to. While I don't expect the Buffs to go in and win, anytime you play a team of this magnitude one can't help but get excited just to guage where a program is at.

again, read the part in ( ) about sarcasm coming. I didn't want to sound like a homer when I said the buffs could win this game so I took a sarcastic approach. Thus the first paragraph, then the second is how I really feel.

aberdien
09-22-2005, 08:15 PM
If the Buffs can get their defense to stop the run and blitz the QB, they will win.

broncofan303
09-22-2005, 08:34 PM
If the Buffs can get their defense to stop the run and blitz the QB, they will win.

Exactly...the Miami offense is what gives me hope in this game..they defintely have talent, but they are out of whack..Wright is beginning to come together and they have a great TE in Olsen..but their WR's are lost out there..one wrong route can easily lead to an INT..what worries me about this game is Tyrone Moss and their running game, we showed signs of weakness against CSU...

This is a much improved Buffs team, more of a complete team...Honestly I don't know what to expect on Saturday, they could easily get blown out or I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a W either...That's why they play the game!

watchthemiddle
09-22-2005, 08:39 PM
Exactly...the Miami offense is what gives me hope in this game..they defintely have talent, but they are out of whack..Wright is beginning to come together and they have a great TE in Olsen..but their WR's are lost out there..one wrong route can easily lead to an INT..what worries me about this game is Tyrone Moss and their running game, we showed signs of weakness against CSU...

This is a much improved Buffs team, more of a complete team...Honestly I don't know what to expect on Saturday, they could easily get blown out or I wouldn't be surprised if they came out with a W either...That's why they play the game!

If they do come away with a W, it would be great for the University and put them back on track of where they once were. I want to see them in the top 25 before Nebraska gets there with their pansy 5 first games at home to start the season that they barely win.

broncofan303
09-22-2005, 09:18 PM
If they do come away with a W, it would be great for the University and put them back on track of where they once were. I want to see them in the top 25 before Nebraska gets there with their pansy 5 first games at home to start the season that they barely win.

LOL yeah, tell me about it...espeically with Pitt going 2-5 on field goals... oh well, my theory is if you take care of your business, you don't have to worry about what other teams are doing...

Perry1977
09-22-2005, 09:50 PM
HERE is the Buff's only hope against Miami. (http://img399.imageshack.us/img399/7227/jesusbuff6xe.jpg)

:D

DenverFanInGB
09-23-2005, 05:32 AM
Spread was 14 last I checked at www.sportsinteraction.com...Gimme 14 points and you're on for 2 CP's....

Sounds good. :cheers:

Buff_bronc_fan
09-23-2005, 09:50 PM
Sounds good. :cheers:

It's on

----

Colorado (2-0) at No. 12 Miami (1-1)

TIME/TV: 10 a.m., KMGH (7)

FAVORITE: Power ratings say Miami by 13.

COACHES: Gary Barnett (44-33 in seventh year at Colorado) and Larry Coker (45-7 in fourth year at Miami)

LAST WEEK: Colorado was off. Miami won at Clemson, 36-30, in triple overtime.

SERIES HISTORY: Colorado leads, 5-2.

LAST MEETING: Miami won, 35-29, in 1993.

STAT THAT MATTERS: Since 2002, Buffaloes are 1-6 vs. top-15 teams while averaging just 9 points per game in the six losses.

GAME FACTS: Gut-check time for Buffs who haven't risen to challenge vs. elite teams lately. Barnett needs sophomore RB Hugh Charles (206 rushing, 2 TDs, 5 catches) to get going early so UM defense can't tee off on QB Joel Klatt (40-of-58, 469 passing, 2 TDs, 1 int.) who can get rattled under pressure. Improved defense (fourth in Big 12, 23rd in nation in total defense, 283.5 ypg after giving up 408 ypg last year) gets real test. 'Canes somehow survived last week winning when RB Tyrone Moss (139 rushing, 3 TDs) scampered 25-yards to end zone in third OT. Freshman S Kenny Phillips' int. then sealed win. Defense squandered 20-10, fourth-quarter lead. Pass protection (yielded 14 sacks in two games) big problem for QB Kyle Wright (32-of-54, 384 passing, 2 TDs, 2 ints.).

----
Go Buffs

Perry1977
09-24-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh my, watching it now. I actally feel myself hoping Colorado wins. I feel dirty!! Kinda. :D

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 09:53 AM
So first drive of the game looks like it was Colorado's only hope. To have the ball at the 7 with first and goal and come away with a big fat 0 is bad. Granted, its only 3-0 now with 1:05 in the 1st left, but Miami's D is starting to fly around.

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 10:01 AM
Well, Colorado'D holds and the Cane's miss the FG, so its still only 3-0 just after the start of the 2nd. If CU can get any kind of drive going and points on the board, it will help the D out a lot. YOU can see on the Cane's last drive the Miami heat was starting to get to CU's players just like it was wearing down the Broncos.

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 10:49 AM
Well, Colorado'D holds and the Cane's miss the FG, so its still only 3-0 just after the start of the 2nd. If CU can get any kind of drive going and points on the board, it will help the D out a lot. YOU can see on the Cane's last drive the Miami heat was starting to get to CU's players just like it was wearing down the Broncos.

Yep, exact same thing is happening to the Buffs as the Broncos...D plays great but eventually they will get fatigue because of poor offensive play... If CU doesn't move the ball anymore, watch out, the score could get ugly...I still have faith though, they could do it, just need a BIG play...hmm I said that during the Bronco/Chargers game..

Buff_bronc_fan
09-24-2005, 11:31 AM
The Colorado Defense looks great out there today, showing that they can stop the run and defend fairly effectviely (with the exception of S. Moss) against the pass. The problem is that the Colorado offense is way overmatched at the talent positions. The QB/WR positions aren't really a threat, so the Cane DB's are just manning up on the outside and letting their safeties and LB's run around and make plays.

Hopefully they can put together a score or two to make it respectable, because as 303 said, the Defense can't hold forever.

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 12:50 PM
Bummer...if we only had an offense we probably would of won the game...hats off to our D, except one long bomb to Moss they played great...if our O would of actually got some points instead of turning it over and letting them start on our side of the ball...

oh well, on to Okie Dokie State....GO BUFFS!!

DenverFanInGB
09-24-2005, 02:22 PM
Miami-23
Colorado-3

Looks like i win. Good game too. Miami's D looked pretty good.

Go Canes!!

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 02:53 PM
Miami-23
Colorado-3

Looks like i win. Good game too. Miami's D looked pretty good.

Go Canes!!

Phenomenal...there is A LOT of speed on that D, CU couldn't strectch the out with screens, pitches, etc...everytime we would get it out there, there's at least 3 guys after him...your LB's chased down our fastest player (Hugh Charles) like nothing.. Good look in that ACC though...

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 04:35 PM
Phenomenal...there is A LOT of speed on that D, CU couldn't strectch the out with screens, pitches, etc...everytime we would get it out there, there's at least 3 guys after him...your LB's chased down our fastest player (Hugh Charles) like nothing.. Good look in that ACC though...

# 19 or was it # 18 Meirweather (spelling )was a beast. Did he ever miss a tackle?

That is what I was most impressed on with both defenses. The tackling.

And once again, Mason "freakin" Crosby. That boy can kick at altitude or muggy sea level. I would love to see him as Elam's predicesor when he leaves.