PDA

View Full Version : who's gonna beat USC?

armedequation
09-24-2005, 12:16 AM
more specifically who in the pac-10 will beat USC?

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 07:51 AM
There are somewhat "tests" out there that USC could blow easily..Oregon is suppose to be a big game, but I don't expect them to lose because of their offense...UCLA/Notre Dame/Cal could all give them troubles...but nobody that great that could really beat them... I'm not going to root against USC, so I'm saying they're gonna go undefeated...

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 04:41 PM

USC will beat USC if they are going to lose.

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 07:00 PM

Not exactly, they aren't a complete team, they have a dominat offense but a very soft D...The real question is who can outscore them?....and here I go hating on USC again...LOL...But sorry Trojan fans, you only won ONE National Championship, thats when you played in the National Title game against Oklahoma, you didn't play in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago...

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 07:02 PM
Not exactly, they aren't a complete team, they have a dominat offense but a very soft D...The real question is who can outscore them?....and here I go hating on USC again...LOL...But sorry Trojan fans, you only won ONE National Championship, thats when you played in the National Title game against Oklahoma, you didn't play in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago...

I am not a USC fan either, but it looks like they are passing their first test against Oregon pretty handily.

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 07:04 PM
I am not a USC fan either, but it looks like they are passing their first test against Oregon pretty handily.

Yeah, I'm just going to stop doubting them and saying they're going to go undefeated...the Trojans are like the Patriots, they just keep winning, and you can't talk bad about them until they actually lose a game and show signs of being human..

watchthemiddle
09-24-2005, 07:07 PM
Yeah, I'm just going to stop doubting them and saying they're going to go undefeated...the Trojans are like the Patriots, they just keep winning, and you can't talk bad about them until they actually lose a game and show signs of being human..

Exactly. They are kind of like those Miami teams a few years back that ran off like 20+ in a row, but USC is better. I was thinking today as I was watching the CU/UM game that I would just about take any of the players on UM or USC on the Broncos. Both schools just produce talent like no other.

Crawdad50
09-24-2005, 07:35 PM
I am a huge SC fan and there are a few tests SC has to get past. This will be a good season for the PAC 10. The PAC 10 is not as weak as a lot thought it would be!

Fight On!!!!!! :D

broncofan303
09-24-2005, 10:41 PM
I am a huge SC fan and there are a few tests SC has to get past. This will be a good season for the PAC 10. The PAC 10 is not as weak as a lot thought it would be!

Fight On!!!!!! :D

They defintely do have games that they could easily blow..even next week at Arizona State....but Notre Dame, Cal, and UCLA usually gives them fits...but like I said, they'll go undefeated...

armedequation
09-24-2005, 10:59 PM
I think their 2 toughest conference games will be next week against AZ ST and then against UCLA. UCLA has a lot to prove this year and a severe mediocre drought the past couple of years.

oldustyballs
09-25-2005, 10:18 AM
I actually believe they will get beat next week when they play ASU on the road.

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-25-2005, 11:41 AM
Probably Notre Dame.

broncofan303
09-25-2005, 11:52 AM
Probably Notre Dame.

Good Call :) ... I would say ND has a chance cuz we actually have an offense now, but we're not going to be able to stop the USC offense..just way too much speed and SC rarely misses any opportunities on offense...but if we outscore them, we win, that's pretty simple...

IrishConrad
09-25-2005, 11:54 AM
VT looks damn good, the might have what it takes.

broncofan303
09-25-2005, 12:00 PM

Agreed, they seem to be the most complete team...Offense, Defense, Special Teams...all phases are great...SC's got a great Offense and that's about it, with VTech's team and their schedule, I'd say they could take it all...

Sorry Horn fans, but I don't see Texas going undefeated...too many teams in the Big XII that will give them fits, Tech, Oklahoma, A&M, and hell if Colorado can get an offense, they can give Texas some troubles too...

Booher
09-25-2005, 01:35 PM

I would wholeheartedly agree w/ that.

NJBRONCOSFAN
09-25-2005, 09:00 PM
Good Call :) ... I would say ND has a chance cuz we actually have an offense now, but we're not going to be able to stop the USC offense..just way too much speed and SC rarely misses any opportunities on offense...but if we outscore them, we win, that's pretty simple...
I think the main reason ND has a chance is that the game is in South Bend, but they gotta get by Purdue first.

OhNoKoolAid
09-27-2005, 11:11 AM
Nobody will beat USC in the Pac Ten this year. The Pac 10 is down again, and only Arizona State and California could stand a fighting chance, and neither has a defense to slow down Leinart and the machine. No way is this not the weakest of the major conferences, but one that just so happens to have the best team. If you want to boost the conference, move some of USC's reserves to other schools and you may see more competition. Until then, Pac ten Kool Aid drinkers only have one golden calf.

The Big XII is also weak, which is why Texas will go undefeated. No team can currently match athlete for athlete with Mack Brown's crew, and if you still want to call them soft, go back and watch the Ohio State game. This defense has some teeth, and the offense is loaded with unpolished playmakers. If USC wasn't around, Texas and Virginia Tech would make for great debate. As it stands, it is the Trojans and everybody else.

Only conferences that can brag are the SEC and ACC, the two top conferences that will best each other up. VT will have a tough time leaving the conference unbeaten, because the offense is not elite caliber, especially at receiver, and may lock itself in one too many defensive struggles. They also have th dreaded conference chamionship game. The SEC has no title contender, but the deepest group of teams that could wallop your conference's above average teams, unless your conference is the ACC. The Big Ten deserves consideration, but each team seems to have one major flaw, which will make for a jumbled Big Ten championship picture of teams good enough for the top 25, but not for the top ten.

watchthemiddle
10-01-2005, 05:00 PM
USC does it again. They were down 21-3 at the half at Arizona State and pulls out the win 38-28.

Their running attack looked unstoppable

L White 19 carries 197 yards, ave 10.4 , 2 TD
R Bush 17 carries 158 yards, ave 9.3 , 2 TD

Those are sick stats!

broncofan303
10-01-2005, 05:58 PM
USC does it again. They were down 21-3 at the half at Arizona State and pulls out the win 38-28.

Their running attack looked unstoppable

L White 19 carries 197 yards, ave 10.4 , 2 TD
R Bush 17 carries 158 yards, ave 9.3 , 2 TD

Those are sick stats!

Yeah, they were determined to run the ball in the second half...both White and Bush were over 150 yards rushing...and this Arizona State D was suppose to be good.. USC is not going to be beat (although I'm hoping)...

watchthemiddle
10-01-2005, 08:09 PM
Yeah, they were determined to run the ball in the second half...both White and Bush were over 150 yards rushing...and this Arizona State D was suppose to be good.. USC is not going to be beat (although I'm hoping)...

The Buffs didn't look to bad today either. I wouldn't know though because the game wasn't on TV. What was that all about? Had to listen to it on KOA.

Elway=Goat
10-01-2005, 09:31 PM

The ASU D was actully bad, they ranked 92 in the country coming into this game. If it wasnt for keller having the worst game of his career, throwing into coverage and throwing right to USC DB's ASU wins this game, by 2 TD's.

broncofan303
10-02-2005, 12:31 AM
The Buffs didn't look to bad today either. I wouldn't know though because the game wasn't on TV. What was that all about? Had to listen to it on KOA.

Yeah I listened to it on KOA...sounds like they did great...although the offense still struggled..their first TD was the first play from scrimmage with Charles running it.. but we really should of blown them out even more...Our D is looking incredible, we are hands down the best team in the North...

Calif. Bronco
10-02-2005, 03:12 AM
But sorry Trojan fans, you only won ONE National Championship, thats when you played in the National Title game against Oklahoma, you didn't play in the Sugar Bowl 2 years ago...

According to anyone who follows college football closely, USC split the national title two years ago. The AP title that they won is considered having "won" a national title - they got the trophy, wore the rings, met the president, etc. There have been many split national titles over the years and in each and every case both teams can legitimately say they were national champions. So, as much as you may not want to admit it, USC was one of two national champions the year before last. The system may not be the best (or even good) but it's been that way for about 100 years and isn't likely to change any time soon.

broncofan303
10-02-2005, 08:33 AM
According to anyone who follows college football closely, USC split the national title two years ago. The AP title that they won is considered having "won" a national title - they got the trophy, wore the rings, met the president, etc. There have been many split national titles over the years and in each and every case both teams can legitimately say they were national champions. So, as much as you may not want to admit it, USC was one of two national champions the year before last. The system may not be the best (or even good) but it's been that way for about 100 years and isn't likely to change any time soon.

The main point for the BCS was to NOT have a split national champion...the BCS was suppose to pick 2 teams, and those 2 teams would compete for that national title...that year it was LSU and Oklahoma...since USC was playing Michigan that year, do you think beating Michigan was a worthy championship team? It's like saying Auburn should of split the title last year because they beat Virigina Tech and went un-defeated....

Calif. Bronco
10-02-2005, 07:37 PM
The main point for the BCS was to NOT have a split national champion...the BCS was suppose to pick 2 teams, and those 2 teams would compete for that national title...that year it was LSU and Oklahoma...since USC was playing Michigan that year, do you think beating Michigan was a worthy championship team? It's like saying Auburn should of split the title last year because they beat Virigina Tech and went un-defeated....

I will never put myself into a position to defend an assinine system like the BCS but your use of the word "suppose" shows that it obviously didn't do what it was intended for.

As for beating Michigan, it doesn't matter what I think. SC was #1 in the only two polls that matter (and the only two that have mattered for at least the last 60 years) going into the bowl games and was #1 in one of them after. Therefore, by any national championship definition that has ever been used in college football, they won a national title (along with LSU). As I mentioned in my previous post, most of the college football world recognizes this, as evidenced by their trip to the White House, their rings, their AP national championship trophy, their banner, etc.

As for Auburn, there are similarities with SC from the previous year but, unfortunately for the Tigers, there was one all-encompasing, major difference - the voters in the 2 polls did not recognize them.

Again, the system is brutal and has been for 100 years, but it is the system that is in place and under that system, USC has won 2 consecutive national titles.

broncofan303
10-02-2005, 09:45 PM
Again, the system is brutal and has been for 100 years, but it is the system that is in place and under that system, USC has won 2 consecutive national titles.

Yes, I understand your reasoning, but what I don't understand is that the BCS did its calculations with strength of schedules, quality wins, AP poles, etc..and it determined only 2 teams to play for the National Title..that year it was Lousiana State and Oklahoma...NOT USC...

but honestly, don't mind me, I'm a biased towards not having a split champion... Colorado earned a 10-9 victory over Notre Dame, the #1's and #2's of the Top 25..and somehow Georgia Tech came in and split the national title :confused: ...I'm just a little bitter...

Calif. Bronco
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
Yes, I understand your reasoning, but what I don't understand is that the BCS did its calculations with strength of schedules, quality wins, AP poles, etc..and it determined only 2 teams to play for the National Title..that year it was Lousiana State and Oklahoma...NOT USC...

but honestly, don't mind me, I'm a biased towards not having a split champion... Colorado earned a 10-9 victory over Notre Dame, the #1's and #2's of the Top 25..and somehow Georgia Tech came in and split the national title :confused: ...I'm just a little bitter...

I hear ya - I had a similar experience in the late 70's when USC beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa and yet Alabama won the national title over them when they both finished the season with 1 loss. God, do we need a playoff or what? :goofy:

broncofan303
10-02-2005, 10:17 PM
I hear ya - I had a similar experience in the late 70's when USC beat Alabama in Tuscaloosa and yet Alabama won the national title over them when they both finished the season with 1 loss. God, do we need a playoff or what? :goofy:

LOL...YES!!! but just ONE more game though, I don't want to hear about this 64-team playoff or any garbage like that..I don't want to see USC versus Mid-Tennesse State or something like that....it's the BCS +1 more game...that would solve most of our problems...2 years ago, USC could of played LSU and then we would have a clear cut National champion...last year, USC could of played Auburn and then we would have ONE national champion...

would you agree?

Calif. Bronco
10-02-2005, 10:20 PM
LOL...YES!!! but just ONE more game though, I don't want to hear about this 64-team playoff or any garbage like that..I don't want to see USC versus Mid-Tennesse State or something like that....it's the BCS +1 more game...that would solve most of our problems...2 years ago, USC could of played LSU and then we would have a clear cut National champion...last year, USC could of played Auburn and then we would have ONE national champion...

would you agree?

Totally agree! I for one don't want a long playoff either because it diminishes the urgency of the regular season. I like the fact that one loss severely hurts you and 2 losses eliminate you. It makes every week mean something in college football.

plummer4presdnt
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM

That is the root of all evil. if cal gets a good break maybe other than that the Pac10 will be eaten by the USC pacman

Orange Cru$h
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
USC did come back in the ASU game but if they have to face V-Tech in the NC I think the Hokies defense will be too much to handle. They better hope Texas does not fall to Texas Tech...

dontfeedthenerd
10-04-2005, 12:43 AM
As a Cal student. I'd say Cal.

Ayoob reminds me of Plummer in his early days. Runs around, makes impossible plays then whiffs on a 4 yarder. We have incredible depth @ HB (sound familiar?) and our D is stepping up.

Cal's weak link is ST.. Our kicker is... well let's just say, an Eagle's lineman might be a better kicker than our boy.

Calif. Bronco
10-04-2005, 01:19 AM
USC did come back in the ASU game but if they have to face V-Tech in the NC I think the Hokies defense will be too much to handle. They better hope Texas does not fall to Texas Tech...

I would agree that V-tech has a good chance, although I don't know if they will score enough. I mean no matter how good their defense is they're not holding SC to under 24 points or so. Do they have the offense to score in the upper 20's?

As for me, being he loyal Trojan alum/fan/season ticket holder I am, the game on the schedule that really concerns me is a week from Saturday at Notre Dame. I think they may play the kind of game that can beat SC, especially at home. Cal is also a concern because they dominated the Trojans at the Coliseum last year (they should have won), but I'm not overly worried because it appears Cal, while very good, is not as good as last year's team.

Orange Cru$h
10-04-2005, 09:04 AM
I would agree that V-tech has a good chance, although I don't know if they will score enough. I mean no matter how good their defense is they're not holding SC to under 24 points or so. Do they have the offense to score in the upper 20's?

CB,
I do think that will be the match up everyone will want to see. I think the injuries at DB would hurt SC against the speed that VT has with their WR's. As far as their D and the 24 points that may be a challenge but they have looked pretty good so far.

As for me, being he loyal Trojan alum/fan/season ticket holder I am, the game on the schedule that really concerns me is a week from Saturday at Notre Dame. I think they may play the kind of game that can beat SC, especially at home. Cal is also a concern because they dominated the Trojans at the Coliseum last year (they should have won), but I'm not overly worried because it appears Cal, while very good, is not as good as last year's team

I am also a loyal SC fan and try to go to as many games as I can. This year I didn't get as many tickets because of the soft schedule and the games are usually exciting for the first 15 minutes. This year the only game I am willing to sit through is the UCLA game.

Calif. Bronco
10-04-2005, 09:40 AM
I am also a loyal SC fan and try to go to as many games as I can. This year I didn't get as many tickets because of the soft schedule and the games are usually exciting for the first 15 minutes. This year the only game I am willing to sit through is the UCLA game.

It does kind of stink that all tough games (or at least those we thought would be tough before the season) are on the road - Oregon, Cal, ASU, and Notre Dame. I guess the only close one at home should be UCLA unless Fresno St. comes in and makes a showing.

Booher
10-04-2005, 03:26 PM

As for me, being he loyal Trojan alum/fan/season ticket holder I am, the game on the schedule that really concerns me is a week from Saturday at Notre Dame. I think they may play the kind of game that can beat SC, especially at home. Cal is also a concern because they dominated the Trojans at the Coliseum last year (they should have won), but I'm not overly worried because it appears Cal, while very good, is not as good as last year's team.

Va tech has the defense to score that much let alone the offense as marcus vick is showing how accurate a passer he is.

plummer4presdnt
10-04-2005, 06:25 PM
Va tech has the defense to score that much let alone the offense as marcus vick is showing how accurate a passer he is.

Yea and Marcus hasn't screwed up his school yet and its the 5th week of the season?!! Is that a record???

Wilson56 bell26
10-05-2005, 01:40 PM

whatever man, they haven't played anyone yet....WVU?? nope...how bout marshall this week? Nope...ohio, NCSU, duke? Absolutely not. They brag because they beat the #15 team...Georgia Tech. GT has nothing.....they aren't even close to being competitive with higher end teams. You let VT play a florida state, miami, usc, texas, ohio state, or georgia...they will get mauled. Mark my words

Booher
10-05-2005, 08:45 PM
whatever man, they haven't played anyone yet....WVU?? nope...how bout marshall this week? Nope...ohio, NCSU, duke? Absolutely not. They brag because they beat the #15 team...Georgia Tech. GT has nothing.....they aren't even close to being competitive with higher end teams. You let VT play a florida state, miami, usc, texas, ohio state, or georgia...they will get mauled. Mark my words

yea cause they didn't win the acc last year... woops they did! and they haven't handled miami the last 2 years ....woops they did!.....woops your post was just proved meaningless...woops.

Orange Cru$h
10-05-2005, 10:40 PM

So ASU is better than GT? If so maybe you should be taking care of the rankings? Look at the SC schedule. It is soo sad for a #1 team to have. Atleast ND and UCLA are not as bad as last year. When all teams have a championship game where they can actually play against someone else competitive we will see teams like SC skate to the championship. :mad:

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-06-2005, 12:29 PM
Notre Dame

Orange Cru$h
10-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Yep.. Notre Dame could give them some trouble having a couple weeks off to prepare...

Wilson56 bell26
10-07-2005, 01:21 PM
yea cause they didn't win the acc last year... woops they did! and they haven't handled miami the last 2 years ....woops they did!.....woops your post was just proved meaningless...woops.

yea cause i'm definitely talking about last year....woops i'm not! and again...im talking about the last 2 years.....woops i'm not! woops.....your post was just proved meaningles...woops.

nice try though

mrsolo
10-07-2005, 04:42 PM
yea cause i'm definitely talking about last year....woops i'm not! and again...im talking about the last 2 years.....woops i'm not! woops.....your post was just proved meaningles...woops.

nice try though

LOL :laugh:

MileHighSpirit
10-07-2005, 04:50 PM

nice try though

Read that outloud with some emphasis and it sounds like Chris Berman on NFL Primetime. :laugh:

Calif. Bronco
10-07-2005, 11:53 PM
So ASU is better than GT? If so maybe you should be taking care of the rankings? Look at the SC schedule. It is soo sad for a #1 team to have. Atleast ND and UCLA are not as bad as last year. When all teams have a championship game where they can actually play against someone else competitive we will see teams like SC skate to the championship. :mad:

Well...since ASU and GT both have two losses, and ASU's was to two good/great teams, I think you could make the argument that ASU is as good or better than GT. It's amazing to me that people throughout the country run down the Pac-10 every year then come bowl time the Pac-10 usually more than holds its own against teams from the "stronger" conferences. Look, no one is saying the Pac-10 is as good as the SEC, but it's not like they're the Mountain West conference either. To say that USC "skates" to a championship sounds like a lot of disrespectful sour grapes to me. :coffee:

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-08-2005, 07:20 AM
NOTRE DAME NOTRE DAME NOTRE DAME
might stand a chance........

TXBRONC
10-08-2005, 05:31 PM

There are two teams that have chance, Cal and UCLA but I still would not bet against the Trojans.

SCC2/7
10-09-2005, 11:00 AM
NOBODY WILL BEAT USC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

mrsolo
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
NOBODY WILL BEAT USC EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :duh:

LOL...I hate to say this...but that's one of the dumbest comments I've ever seen.....ever... :laugh:

GridironChamp
10-09-2005, 11:58 AM
They wont be beat this year.
Its that simple

mrsolo
10-09-2005, 12:06 PM
They wont be beat this year.
Its that simple

Probably not. A key injury would be just about the only thing. I don't like USC, but I won't wish for an injury.

GridironChamp
10-09-2005, 12:08 PM
Probably not. A key injury would be just about the only thing. I don't like USC, but I won't wish for an injury.

I think the only way for 1 injury to work is that Bush would have to go down or Lienhert, but i think they might be able to do it with a backup QB if it all comes down to it.

broncofan303
10-09-2005, 12:56 PM
I think the only way for 1 injury to work is that Bush would have to go down or Lienhert, but i think they might be able to do it with a backup QB if it all comes down to it.

Yeah that backup QB is pretty good...The biggest weakness I see in USC is their defense..Arizona was able to march it up and down against them..ARIZONA!... Obviously, nobody is going to be able to stop that offense, so it comes down to who will outscore them....UCLA/Cal/Notre Dame can all do it, but the key in those teams it that will they be able to stop USC enough times to win?

TXBRONC
10-10-2005, 06:54 PM

Still sore about that National Championship blow Solo? ;)

mrsolo
10-10-2005, 09:35 PM
Still sore about that National Championship blow Solo? ;)

It's not one of my better memories...lol....but I've never liked USC. I'm not sure why. There are just a few schools that I just never liked. (Miami, Florida State, Ohio State) I'm a big OU fan, so there's the rivalry with Texas, but I'd root for the Longhorns against any of those teams I mentioned. Wierd, but that's the way it is. :confused:

Calif. Bronco
10-12-2005, 11:39 PM
I'm a big OU fan, so there's the rivalry with Texas, but I'd root for the Longhorns against any of those teams I mentioned. Wierd, but that's the way it is. :confused:

That's an interesting perspective. I fear you are a better person than I when it comes to our rivals. I mean I wouldn't root for UCLA or Notre Dame if they were playing a charity game against the Manson family. :D

ElRaider24
10-13-2005, 12:00 AM

No one is gonna be SC... Specially no one in the Pac-10...

Im happy the Pac-10 is re-claimin its tradition of "toughness"... but no one in it is gonna de-throne SC... not this year. We still have to many options offensively... arguably 3 Heisman Trophy candidates... in Leinart, White, and Bush.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-13-2005, 05:39 AM
ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND ND

mrsolo
10-13-2005, 10:53 AM
That's an interesting perspective. I fear you are a better person than I when it comes to our rivals. I mean I wouldn't root for UCLA or Notre Dame if they were playing a charity game against the Manson family. :D

LOL :laugh:

That's hilarious.

alan
10-13-2005, 12:34 PM
NOTRE DAME of course watch USC this ones goina hurt ya

TXBRONC
10-17-2005, 10:58 AM
NOTRE DAME of course watch USC this ones goina hurt ya

Well since that didn't happen, the only other team capable of beating SC is Cal and I don't think they'll beat them either.

mrsolo
10-17-2005, 10:59 AM
Well since that didn't happen, the only other team capable of beating SC is Cal and I don't think they'll beat them either.

Maybe UCLA.....if the wind is blowing just right...and all the right stars are in alignment....and if USC gets stuck in traffic......

lol

:goofy:

TXBRONC
10-17-2005, 11:21 AM
Maybe UCLA.....if the wind is blowing just right...and all the right stars are in alignment....and if USC gets stuck in traffic......

lol

Good stuff Hans! LOL.

orangenblue420
10-17-2005, 11:22 AM

lol

Well we know it wont be OU in the Championship game - :laugh:

mrsolo
10-17-2005, 02:06 PM
Well we know it wont be OU in the Championship game - :laugh:

What was that for? I love it that the whole country is getting a kick out of OU's struggles. It's ok though...we'll be back.

Calif. Bronco
10-17-2005, 09:31 PM
What was that for? I love it that the whole country is getting a kick out of OU's struggles. It's ok though...we'll be back.

Don't say the whole country - we Trojan faithful know what it's like to be down for awhile so I remain silent when other great programs struggle (except for Notre Dame - gotta have some fun with the rival)

Hells Bells
10-17-2005, 10:00 PM
Can anyone tell me the last time USC lost?

The Trojans will enter Memorial Stadium, the last place they lost a game since I can't even remember. And they will lose.

Even though Cal's lost twice, they'll still be fired up for USC. Everyone is. Especially after last year.

If Cal doesn't beat them, I don't think UCLA will. They're not that great, they got lucky against Cal.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

armedequation
10-18-2005, 04:47 AM
haha got lucky,

USC hasn't lost in 29 games. If USC plays texas or virginia tech in the championship they'll lose

Calif. Bronco
10-18-2005, 05:57 AM
Can anyone tell me the last time USC lost?

The Trojans will enter Memorial Stadium, the last place they lost a game since I can't even remember. And they will lose.

Even though Cal's lost twice, they'll still be fired up for USC. Everyone is. Especially after last year.

If Cal doesn't beat them, I don't think UCLA will. They're not that great, they got lucky against Cal.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I agree - Cal is the one game left on the schedule that really concerns me. In addition to being the last place they lost, Cal also pushed SC all over the field last year at the Coliseum and probably deserved to win. The rest of the games SC should win unless they fall asleep, including UCLA (mainly because it's at home - even before the current winning streak, SC rarely loses at home)

broncofan303
10-18-2005, 10:25 AM
haha got lucky,

USC hasn't lost in 29 games. If USC plays texas or virginia tech in the championship they'll lose

That's the scary thing...IF USC gets there, they usually get 100% prepared for those teams and play flawless (ala Oklahoma)..that game was amazing...They were throwing it to TE's, WR's, RB's and all of them made a huge catch and huge play...really unstoppable, against a very good OU D as well...the better thing to hope for is a USC regular season loss..but I'm afraid that's not going to happen...

orangenblue420
10-18-2005, 10:45 AM

Sorry
:heh: I was just messin with ya ;)

I have to rib OU fans - its in my nature

my boss says there is only one sport - football
and only one team - OU -

Most OU fans tend to be as arrogant as their team - I know better when it comes to you - but still cant pass up the opp - hehehehe

mrsolo
10-18-2005, 10:58 AM
Sorry
:heh: I was just messin with ya ;)

I have to rib OU fans - its in my nature

my boss says there is only one sport - football
and only one team - OU -

Most OU fans tend to be as arrogant as their team - I know better when it comes to you - but still cant pass up the opp - hehehehe

Understood.....lol :fight:

LCA534
10-18-2005, 12:06 PM
This year NOBODY

cbronco24
10-19-2005, 04:44 PM
I can tell you who is going to beat USC. It's UCLA. They played them tough last year and had the ball with a chance to win inside SC's 30 yard line. And as good as SC's offense is they don't want to get in a shoot out with UCLA. I know about Reggie Bush and all that but, You can't stop Bush he's going to get his. You put pressure on Leinhardt and knock him around and he really is average. Bush dominated the game last year and UCLA still came within 5 points. All I know is There's no one in the country that can contain Marcedes Lewis. And you still got to account for Maurice Drew who Leads the NCAA in scoring. So if SC wants to keep spotting teams points and come back and win then do it to UCLA at your own peril.

broncofan303
10-19-2005, 06:33 PM
I can tell you who is going to beat USC. It's UCLA. They played them tough last year and had the ball with a chance to win inside SC's 30 yard line. And as good as SC's offense is they don't want to get in a shoot out with UCLA. I know about Reggie Bush and all that but, You can't stop Bush he's going to get his. You put pressure on Leinhardt and knock him around and he really is average. Bush dominated the game last year and UCLA still came within 5 points. All I know is There's no one in the country that can contain Marcedes Lewis. And you still got to account for Maurice Drew who Leads the NCAA in scoring. So if SC wants to keep spotting teams points and come back and win then do it to UCLA at your own peril.

Interesting...is that game @USC or @UCLA? All you have to do is outscore USC, its obvious that their Defense isn't as good as it was last year, hell, even Arizona marched up and down against them (and no matter what any of you say, Arizona is NOT a good team)...but Cal can outscore them as well...

TXBRONC
10-19-2005, 07:42 PM
Interesting...is that game @USC or @UCLA? All you have to do is outscore USC, its obvious that their Defense isn't as good as it was last year, hell, even Arizona marched up and down against them (and no matter what any of you say, Arizona is NOT a good team)...but Cal can outscore them as well...

It really doesn't matter both schools are in L.A. and so whether its at the Rose Bowl or in Coleseum it will be packed fairly evenly unless one School has a greater following than the other. Also outscore USC sounds simple but I don't think they want to get into a shootout. The best way is to keep the SC defense on the field as long as possible. Yes SC defense has had its share of problems because personell loses but Carroll has a great mind for defensive coordination he'll find away.