PDA

View Full Version : For those of you that doubted Nebraska's offense. . .

aberdien
10-01-2005, 05:33 PM
....you've just been owned. . .

Passing: 432
Rushing: 35
Total: 467

This was a whole new Nebraska offense we saw today. It wasn't the normal "run first". It was finally a actual west coast game.

Cory Ross had a few big plays, both on the ground (even though he didn't get much yards), and in the air.

He had a total of 3 touchdowns. 1 rushing and 2 recieving.

Zac Taylor has a new Nebraska record for passing yards with 432.

I know it's just one game, but I'm pretty happy right now. Maybe the Huskers offense is finally going to work! :P

broncofan303
10-01-2005, 05:52 PM
This is the same team that struggled against Army...actually Army really should of beat Iowa State...the win for Iowa State over Iowa wasn't as impressive as thought...

but I will give you this, the NU offense did come alive today they showed signs of executing passing plays and Cory Ross is easily the best player on your offense...

rcsodak
10-01-2005, 09:11 PM

This was a whole new Nebraska offense we saw today. It wasn't the normal "run first". It was finally a actual west coast game.

Cory Ross had a few big plays, both on the ground (even though he didn't get much yards), and in the air.

I know it's just one game, but I'm pretty happy right now. Maybe the Huskers offense is finally going to work! :P

I knew some homer would post this.
Just think....all them yards and how many points?
And what, may I ask, were the yards given up?
To Iowa stinkin' State, no less.

Good thing your fuskers don't play the likes of Rutgers........see what they did to Pitt? :D

And what happens when they play against a D that can stop the pass and limit the run?

Here's a clue:
....it starts with a L!

OrangePeel
10-01-2005, 09:14 PM

Good thing your fuskers don't play the likes of Rutgers........see what they did to Pitt? :D

And what happens when they play against a D that can stop the pass and limit the run?

Here's a clue:
....it starts with a L!

ouch, that one hurt.

rcsodak
10-01-2005, 09:25 PM
ouch, that one hurt.
The Truth, will set you free........ :coffee:

Iceman_44b
10-03-2005, 12:12 AM

Here's a clue:
....it starts with a L!

Who do you think you are? Lee Corso? You wouldn't even make a good woman sideline reporter for ESPN unless you got some implants and a bikini wax. :coffee:

mrsolo
10-03-2005, 05:41 AM
Who do you think you are? Lee Corso? You wouldn't even make a good woman sideline reporter for ESPN unless you got some implants and a bikini wax. :coffee:

I was gonna say that this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've seen in quite some time, but then, I saw where you were from, so I'll cut ya some slack. :duh:

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 09:30 AM

I'm right here with ya man! They looked good against a quality team. Nevermind all these other folks, I guess when you're team is not 4-0, you get a little bitter. Anybody who thinks Iowa State is a slack team is sorely mistaken...they have a QB that can throw the ball accurately and is a definite running threat...and their struggle against Army has been interpreted by most KNOWLEDGEABLE analysts as a situation where they were looking past Army to the Nebraska game...they were looking past Army to a game where the supremacy in the Big XII North would be decided for the time being.

Good thing your fuskers don't play the likes of Rutgers........see what they did to Pitt?

Do you mean the Rutgers team that escaped, or should I say survived with a 37-29 victory? Let's see, Pitt put up 6 points against us and 29 against Rutgers, what exactly makes you think that Nebraska has no chance?

Now, I'm not here to say that Nebraska's going undefeated, I'm not even going to say they'll win the Big XII North, but this was a win against a quality team, a team that won the Big XII North last year.

mrsolo
10-03-2005, 10:16 AM
I'm right here with ya man! They looked good against a quality team. Nevermind all these other folks, I guess when you're team is not 4-0, you get a little bitter. Anybody who thinks Iowa State is a slack team is sorely mistaken...they have a QB that can throw the ball accurately and is a definite running threat...and their struggle against Army has been interpreted by most KNOWLEDGEABLE analysts as a situation where they were looking past Army to the Nebraska game...they were looking past Army to a game where the supremacy in the Big XII North would be decided for the time being.

Do you mean the Rutgers team that escaped, or should I say survived with a 37-29 victory? Let's see, Pitt put up 6 points against us and 29 against Rutgers, what exactly makes you think that Nebraska has no chance?

Now, I'm not here to say that Nebraska's going undefeated, I'm not even going to say they'll win the Big XII North, but this was a win against a quality team, a team that won the Big XII North last year.

I'm curious, since Iowa State won the Big 12 north, why did Colorado play OU in the championship game? :confused:

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
I'm curious, since Iowa State won the Big 12 north, why did Colorado play OU in the championship game? :confused:

Sorry about that, I was in a state of confusion earlier, my mistake. :duh:

Iceman_44b
10-03-2005, 11:36 AM
I was gonna say that this has to be one of the dumbest posts I've seen in quite some time, but then, I saw where you were from, so I'll cut ya some slack. :duh:

Hey thanks! To bad the Texas football team isn't going to cut the poor old Sooners any slack when they play.42-17 Longhorns

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 11:57 AM
Hey thanks! To bad the Texas football team isn't going to cut the poor old Sooners any slack when they play.42-17 Longhorns

Come on man...being a little conservative, aren't ya? The 'horns will break the 50 point mark! :D No need to be humble in the face of unfounded arrogance.

mrsolo
10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Come on man...being a little conservative, aren't ya? The 'horns will break the 50 point mark! :D No need to be humble in the face of unfounded arrogance.

If Texas wins, it will be by 10 or less, unless OU turns the ball over a lot. I think the OU D will match up well with Texas.

Now that OU offense against the Texas D........ :eek:

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 01:25 PM
If Texas wins, it will be by 10 or less, unless OU turns the ball over a lot. I think the OU D will match up well with Texas.

Now that OU offense against the Texas D........ :eek:

In all seriousness, I think it depends on which OU team shows up, the one that showed up against TCU or the one that showed up against K-State? For OU's sake, they better hope for the latter.

mrsolo
10-03-2005, 01:26 PM
In all seriousness, I think it depends on which OU team shows up, the one that showed up against TCU or the one that showed up against K-State? For OU's sake, they better hope for the latter.

Very, VERY true. :eek:

aberdien
10-03-2005, 02:00 PM
Shoot me for believing in my team.

I almost know for a fact that they won't go undefeated, but they have a chance at the Big12 North.

Did anyone else hear about the bomb or something at the OU VS KSTATE game?

Big Buck 1981
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM

I almost know for a fact that they won't go undefeated, but they have a chance at the Big12 North.

I heard about that, a very sad situation indeed.

broncofan303
10-03-2005, 03:58 PM

No, I didn't hear about that bomb, but that sounds horrible...

But as much as I think that Nebrasks isn't that good, they ARE undeafeated and ARE on top of the North right now...I don't blame ya for being optimistic and you can be until they actually lose a game...just like Penn State, what can you say? They're undefeated...

aberdien
10-03-2005, 04:03 PM
No, I didn't hear about that bomb, but that sounds horrible...

But as much as I think that Nebrasks isn't that good, they ARE undeafeated and ARE on top of the North right now...I don't blame ya for being optimistic and you can be until they actually lose a game...just like Penn State, what can you say? They're undefeated...

Yeah, some of the teams that were good 10-50 years ago are undefeated.

Jared
10-03-2005, 04:24 PM
.just like Penn State, what can you say? They're undefeated...

Except that with Penn State, its easy to see that they recruited better athletes, since the offense and defense are classic PSU schemes.

With Nebraska, its hard to tell, since they changed the way they play football entirely.

On paper, I'd still say Texas, and maybe Iowa State have more overall talent. I also think Texas Tech shouldn't even be ranked in a D-I, since they haven't even played a D-1 opponent yet. All they have proved is that they are capable of pounding D-IAA schools into oblivion, and like to run up the score to boot.

Big Buck 1981
10-04-2005, 07:14 AM
On paper, I'd still say Texas, and maybe Iowa State have more overall talent. I also think Texas Tech shouldn't even be ranked in a D-I, since they haven't even played a D-1 opponent yet. All they have proved is that they are capable of pounding D-IAA schools into oblivion, and like to run up the score to boot.

Exactly, then when they finally did play a Div. 1-A school (Kansas), their margin of victory was nowhere near what it was supposed to be...everybody is giving them a little too much credit right now. I'm not going to say that Nebraska will win this weekend, just that it will be a better game than most people think.

Orange Cru$h
10-06-2005, 09:24 AM
Exactly, then when they finally did play a Div. 1-A school (Kansas), their margin of victory was nowhere near what it was supposed to be...everybody is giving them a little too much credit right now. I'm not going to say that Nebraska will win this weekend, just that it will be a better game than most people think.
I haven't seen the Red Raiders play this year but I hope the game isn't like last years. :heh:

Buff_bronc_fan
10-06-2005, 11:32 AM

To be able to put those kind of number up and only come away with 13 points in regulation shows one of two things.. Horrible special teams or ineptitude in the coaching staff. I won't speculate...

Big Buck 1981
10-06-2005, 11:42 AM
To be able to put those kind of number up and only come away with 13 points in regulation shows one of two things.. Horrible special teams or ineptitude in the coaching staff. I won't speculate...

The special teams did quite well...the problem was that there were alot of points left on the field as a result of mistakes.

We had a pass go incomplete that should have been caught for a TD, but the receiver short-armed it. That was followed by a missed FG.

Near the end of the game, Taylor got the ball stripped away in the red zone, leaving yet another potential score, possibly a TD, at worst a FG.

The Huskers, sufficed to say, left about 14+ points on the field, they can't afford to do that against Texas Tech, but Iowa State's defense is much better than Tech's, so I don't think that will be a problem.

broncofan303
10-06-2005, 02:06 PM
The Huskers, sufficed to say, left about 14+ points on the field, they can't afford to do that against Texas Tech, but Iowa State's defense is much better than Tech's, so I don't think that will be a problem.

I agree Tech's D isn't that good, but I think they are better than the Clones...The way Army played against them, they actually should of won that game...The Black Nights marched up and down the field against that Iowa State team...I think we'll learn more about the Corn D after the Tech game though..

I keep on saying this but I'm rooting for those Huskers, nothing like having an undeafeated husker team coming into Boulder...LOL...

Big Buck 1981
10-06-2005, 02:29 PM
I agree Tech's D isn't that good, but I think they are better than the Clones...The way Army played against them, they actually should of won that game...The Black Nights marched up and down the field against that Iowa State team...I think we'll learn more about the Corn D after the Tech game though..

I keep on saying this but I'm rooting for those Huskers, nothing like having an undeafeated husker team coming into Boulder...LOL...

I still think that Iowa State was looking past Army...but maybe not. Either way, Nebraska's D is going to be the key to this game.

I am also very much looking forward to the Colorado game, it never fails to entertain.

Big Buck 1981
10-09-2005, 06:58 AM
Well, the Huskers gave it a valiant effort and just came up a little bit short. My hat's off to both the Huskers and a good Texas Tech team. I still think Nebraska is a 7-8 win team right now.

As far as Oklahoma goes, I won't rub their noses in it because we lost too, and they lost to a better team, but....ouch. :ugh: Is there any doubt that Texas will win it all this year? I believe they are a better team than USC right now.

mrsolo
10-09-2005, 07:10 AM
Well, the Huskers gave it a valiant effort and just came up a little bit short. My hat's off to both the Huskers and a good Texas Tech team. I still think Nebraska is a 7-8 win team right now.

As far as Oklahoma goes, I won't rub their noses in it because we lost too, and they lost to a better team, but....ouch. :ugh: Is there any doubt that Texas will win it all this year? I believe they are a better team than USC right now.

Texas is really good, but OU's offense was completely inept. Texas put a lot of pressure on Bomar, but there were numerous opportunities to make plays.

I just hope OU can avoid a losing season. :sick: