PDA

View Full Version : That's more like it, Sooners!!!!

mrsolo
10-02-2005, 07:45 PM
OU showed more life in yesterday's game than they have in the previous 3 combined. They still have quite a few bugs to work out, but I think they'll represent themselves pretty well the remainder of the season. :beer:

It pains me to say it, and I HOPE TO GOD I'M WRONG, but I think it's Texas' year this year.

:sick:

broncofan303
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
You're wrong!! It's been 6 years since the Horns last beat OU and my stand is "I'll see it, when I believe it"...a lot of hype goes in this whole Red River week, some lives up to expectations, and some doesn't..I mean, come on now, the teams that OU blew out 60 something to 10something aren't a bad team at all...even last year, they shutout the same Texas team that won the Rose Bowl over Michigan...

Texas does have the better team, but with this game, you NEVER know, that's what a rivalry is all about...both teams will be fired up for this one, you don't have to tell either team to get up for this one...

rcsodak
10-02-2005, 11:14 PM
You're wrong!! It's been 6 years since the Horns last beat OU and my stand is "I'll see it, when I believe it"...a lot of hype goes in this whole Red River week, some lives up to expectations, and some doesn't..I mean, come on now, the teams that OU blew out 60 something to 10something aren't a bad team at all...even last year, they shutout the same Texas team that won the Rose Bowl over Michigan...

Texas does have the better team, but with this game, you NEVER know, that's what a rivalry is all about...both teams will be fired up for this one, you don't have to tell either team to get up for this one...
Well, with a freshman qb that just threw his first td, and a team possibly without its best offensive player (AD), I'll not expect any miracles.

But I'll still root OU on.....

On a tangent, but is OSU REALLY that bad? Shutout by Colorado?!!!

OU could beat KU, OSU, TA&M, NU & BU and get a bowl.......I could live with that....... ;)

broncofan303
10-03-2005, 12:13 AM
On a tangent, but is OSU REALLY that bad? Shutout by Colorado?!!!

OU could beat KU, OSU, TA&M, NU & BU and get a bowl.......I could live with that....... ;)

Well, lets put it this way, they aren't really that good, but Colorado's D has improved vastly...considering their was ZERO offense by the Buffs against the Canes and them holding a more talented team to only 23 points, its amazing...Even if OSU was that bad, Colorado did this ON THE ROAD in Stillwater, that's what made it impressive...

I really think OU can beat Texas though...the reason? The OU front 7 has dominated Vince Young and the Texas running game...they've shut out Cedric Benson the last 3 years and contained Vince Young forcing him to throw (proving that he's not a great passer)...what has to get you worried about this game is of course, the OU offense... OU's D could only hold for so long and if Bomar and CO. are not getting first downs, then Texas's running game will just wear out that OU D...

rcsodak
10-05-2005, 10:19 PM
Well, lets put it this way, they aren't really that good, but Colorado's D has improved vastly...considering their was ZERO offense by the Buffs against the Canes and them holding a more talented team to only 23 points, its amazing...Even if OSU was that bad, Colorado did this ON THE ROAD in Stillwater, that's what made it impressive...

I really think OU can beat Texas though...the reason? The OU front 7 has dominated Vince Young and the Texas running game...they've shut out Cedric Benson the last 3 years and contained Vince Young forcing him to throw (proving that he's not a great passer)...what has to get you worried about this game is of course, the OU offense... OU's D could only hold for so long and if Bomar and CO. are not getting first downs, then Texas's running game will just wear out that OU D...
I'm afraid we see it the same way.....

....this'll be the platform for bobby.....to see if he's a good coach or just a good recruiter.