PDA

View Full Version : Offical Game day thread: Week 5 2005 Washington vs Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

clokwork orange
10-03-2005, 01:18 PM
is this defense good enough to win with plummer playing a custodian role as opposed to a playmaker at qb. Is this defense and running game good enough to Carry us ala the ravens of a few years ago? I like what i see but i don't think we are at that point yet. at some point we will be in a shoot out and thats when we will see what we have on the offensive side of the ball. As a plummer detractor i have to give it up to him. So far in this new role he has been excellent. What do think?

rogue719
10-03-2005, 01:23 PM
is this defense good enough to win with plummer playing a custodian role as opposed to a playmaker at qb. Is this defense and running game good enough to Carry us ala the ravens of a few years ago? I like what i see but i don't think we are at that point yet. at some point we will be in a shoot out and thats when we will see what we have on the offensive side of the ball. As a plummer detractor i have to give it up to him. So far in this new role he has been excellent. What do think?

Twenty come from behind wins in the fourth quarter, more than any other active player.

Does that answer the question?

MileHighStud
10-03-2005, 01:23 PM
IMO there is no question about it!! Wether you like him or not, we have all seen Jake hit the long bomb with deadly accuracy! Playing conservative isnt all that bad as it IS working. Thats just the game plan for now. I see Our offense as potent as any other, and I dont think will have any problem Taking it to a SHOOT OUT!

clokwork orange
10-03-2005, 01:30 PM
Twenty come from behind wins in the fourth quarter, more than any other active player.

Does that answer the question?not really? How many comebacks has he had in denver? How many ints has he thrown? If the d is good enough and we are turnover free how many 4th quarter come backs will we need? I am not saying not to take our shots, just limit them to times when the risk is low. I think displined play calling will help eliminate plummer's propensity to make mistakes. thus far it has worked.

rogue719
10-03-2005, 01:44 PM
IMO there is no question about it!! Wether you like him or not, we have all seen Jake hit the long bomb with deadly accuracy! Playing conservative isnt all that bad as it IS working. Thats just the game plan for now. I see Our offense as potent as any other, and I dont think will have any problem Taking it to a SHOOT OUT!

Well, I would still rather not get caught in a shootout with Indianapolis, if you don't mind.

And if we end up playing them, I would rather play them in Denver in January than in Indianapolis on the carpet.

rogue719
10-03-2005, 01:53 PM
not really? How many comebacks has he had in denver? How many ints has he thrown? If the d is good enough and we are turnover free how many 4th quarter come backs will we need? I am not saying not to take our shots, just limit them to times when the risk is low. I think displined play calling will help eliminate plummer's propensity to make mistakes. thus far it has worked.

I'm not really sure. I do know that several of his ints came in games we had already won, so the claim that Jake's ints cost us games seems a bit facetious. You might be able to point to one or two games that Jake's late INT may have caused a loss, but I think his overall record as a Broncos QB still overall mitigates that.

He's had more than a couple of come from behinds in Denver, but I would have to go back into the archives to find them.

As for Plummer's "propensity to make mistakes" I think there is more to it than just the Defense and the run. One of the things that the Coaches did with Jake this offseason was go back and take him through QB school for the NFL again, taking him through a refresher on reading defenses and on checking off his receivers. While Jake has been sacked more this season, he's not scrambling as much, which says that his line is giving him a bit more time overall to check down his receivers and try to find the open man.

Last year we ran better than we have so far this year, yet Jake had fewer sacks and more INTs. He also had more TD passes. Our offense has been slow starting, just like the Colts. We may see it catch fire before too much longer, particularly if Lelie can come out of his slowstarting funk and make the big plays.

There is more of a deliberateness in Jake's play since game one. Go back and watch the tape and see how Jake takes his time to throw and ends up throwing away the first 5-6 passes in Miami because his receivers aren't getting open and he doesn't want to take the sack or force the ball.

We are seeing a better Jake Plummer, and not just because he's playing "custodian" with the ball. He's still trying to make plays every series, but is being more careful of mistakes.

Elway1983
10-03-2005, 01:55 PM

Three Td's and no picks in the past 2 weeks for him. That is probably some kid of reacord for him. I would say Plummer is playing as good as any QB the past 3 weeks. If we should be giving credit to anyone, it should be given to the NFL schedules makers. 5 games in a row at home. Plus, we get NE at Invesco. We have the chance to go 8-1.
:duh:

Emancipator
10-03-2005, 02:00 PM

This approach will take alot of the unnecessary risk off him. However, Jake has the proved he can be the Playmaker if he is asked to do so. I really think our Defense can take us to the ship. I'd like to see more of Foxworth and Paymah. As much as I like Lenny, I think he needs extra time after school with his technique. But I still believe in him.

Plummer is settling in and has realized he has weapons with Denver and he doesn't have to do it all. But if we need his leadership and his will to win then it is great we can count on him to be the PLAYMAKER.

IMO, it took John Elway many many years here at Denver to realize the same thing. John could do most everything better than any other QB during his time, but Denver didn't have success until they ran the ball and John Elway became the "custodian of the offense", but everyone knew he could be John the Playmaker we ever he felt the need to be the Playmaker. So, no one jumps on me I'm not saying Jake is by no means the caliber of John, but they both had similar journeys as being Playmakers and custodians of the offense.

Jared
10-03-2005, 02:07 PM

I think the defense is good enough to have him play more of a custodian role, although he is capable of big plays.

Ultimately, whatever wins games I am cool with.

The great thing is that, unlike Dilfer (who I do respect) & Johnson, Plummer does have enough natural ability to make plays on his own. So while he can certainly be a good game manager and win, its nice to know that if a play breaks down, he can move or run and create out of the pocket, unlike the two QB's I mentioned.

y2cragie
10-03-2005, 02:22 PM
Its nice to see some of the pressure being taken off Jake. So far in his time in Denver he's been expected to win a game as though the Broncos didnt have a defence. This has forced him into making bad desicions and ultimately INT's. This year he can go about his job properly making plays where it doesn't always have to be a score on the drive. He is now realising this and is getting the job done properly. New England won the superbowl this way why not give it a try?

CSU_stat
10-03-2005, 02:31 PM
IMO, this is just an extension of Jake's "re-development." How to get a QB into a rhythm? Start with the running game. Get a ball-control offense rolling. Take a few shots down field, but don't push anything. Let the rhythm start on its own. As the plays start happening, open the offense up a bit. This is what we are seeing; hopefully, give it a few weeks, and I think we'll see a QB who can manage the game, keep mistakes down...but become a playmaker when the Broncos need it.

Helps when the D give the offense this kind of time to emerge, however. :beer:

WildHorse
10-03-2005, 02:43 PM
I'm not really sure. I do know that several of his ints came in games we had already won, so the claim that Jake's ints cost us games seems a bit facetious. You might be able to point to one or two games that Jake's late INT may have caused a loss, but I think his overall record as a Broncos QB still overall mitigates that.

He's had more than a couple of come from behinds in Denver, but I would have to go back into the archives to find them.

As for Plummer's "propensity to make mistakes" I think there is more to it than just the Defense and the run. One of the things that the Coaches did with Jake this offseason was go back and take him through QB school for the NFL again, taking him through a refresher on reading defenses and on checking off his receivers. While Jake has been sacked more this season, he's not scrambling as much, which says that his line is giving him a bit more time overall to check down his receivers and try to find the open man.

Last year we ran better than we have so far this year, yet Jake had fewer sacks and more INTs. He also had more TD passes. Our offense has been slow starting, just like the Colts. We may see it catch fire before too much longer, particularly if Lelie can come out of his slowstarting funk and make the big plays.

There is more of a deliberateness in Jake's play since game one. Go back and watch the tape and see how Jake takes his time to throw and ends up throwing away the first 5-6 passes in Miami because his receivers aren't getting open and he doesn't want to take the sack or force the ball.

We are seeing a better Jake Plummer, and not just because he's playing "custodian" with the ball. He's still trying to make plays every series, but is being more careful of mistakes.

I mostly agree, however, after four games last year the broncos had 504 yards rushing. After four games this year the broncos have 577 yards rushing. I'd say the team is actually a little bit ahead of last year in the rushing department. Also, compared to the 106 yards rushing against the tough JAX run D, this year's 188 yards looks pretty spiffy!!

I'd suggest that the passing game is actually the part of the offense that's not quite clicking as well as last year (4 games: 830 yds in 04, 730 yds in 05), although that could also be explained by a better running game and better defense.

Ravage!!!
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM
Three Td's and no picks in the past 2 weeks for him. That is probably some kid of reacord for him. I would say Plummer is playing as good as any QB the past 3 weeks. If we should be giving credit to anyone, it should be given to the NFL schedules makers. 5 games in a row at home. Plus, we get NE at Invesco. We have the chance to go 8-1.
:duh:

Uhmm.. unless I'm looking at the schedule wrong, we don't have any more than 2 games in a row at Home....

Prodigal19
10-08-2005, 03:20 PM
Looks like it's going to be rainy and about 50 degrees. I hope this doesnt effect plummer.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/events/sports/detail/80204?eventid=159482&epc=bi
http://wwwa.accuweather.com/forecast-detail.asp?partner=forecastfox&myadc=0&traveler=0&zipcode=80201&fday=2&metric=0

Dean
10-08-2005, 05:51 PM
Most college and pro QBs hands are big enough that by changing the ball and covering them with towels it is not a big hinderance unless they get muddy. Denver has a natural grass & synthetic mat surface and there shouldn't be any muddy spots.

Wet weather from my experience seems to favor the reciever over the D-back. I am undecided as to which team this factor might favor. Since both teams are playing in it and neither team's offense revolves around passing, the effect probably will be negligible. :goofy:

rcsodak
10-08-2005, 09:30 PM
I imagine it'll have more of an effect on the 'aging one', Brunell......

....I'm thinking his arthritis will be giving him some fits....... ;)

But if it's going to be a wet track, it prolly looks even LESS likely that Champ will play. It would greatly elevate his chances of slipping and worsening his hammy.....

Prodigal19
10-08-2005, 09:41 PM
well, as ive posted before. I almost hope that champ doesnt come back. I dont think we really need him and I dont want him to take any chance at aggrivating his injury.Make him a dime back or something at most :D

draco193
10-08-2005, 10:02 PM
well, as ive posted before. I almost hope that champ doesnt come back. I dont think we really need him and I dont want him to take any chance at aggrivating his injury.Make him a dime back or something at most :D

yeah, have him suit, but keep him in deep reserve

Elway
10-09-2005, 01:44 AM
Well just under 12 hours until game time, might as well start the official thread.

Please remember to follow all the COC guidlines when posting, regardless of the outcome of the game, paying special attention to profanity.

So grab your food, your drinks, put on your Bronco clothes and find a good place to watch and lets hope we end the day 4-1.

Thanks.

y2cragie
10-09-2005, 03:59 AM
shame its not a monday night game. Looks like Denver has snow on the way tomorrow.

camsmith
10-09-2005, 05:58 AM
Well i wont be here, as im dead tired and dont feel like getting up 5am (i think its about that time here..) watch the game...

But when i get up i'll be sure to check out what you guys have written about the game.

Lets hope i come back to a winning forum. :D

Night guys, see ya tomorrow! :beer:

SmithOverTO
10-09-2005, 06:25 AM
Allegedly, the Denver weather media is notriously hit and miss

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 06:48 AM
Yoooooooooooooooooo

What's up everyone. I just woke up, I'm watching Outside the Lines.

Who's ready for some football???!?!?!?

:beer:

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 06:52 AM
Yoooooooooooooooooo

OMG I am ready!!! :beer:

Early Sunday morning is the worst!! At least in Hawaii the games started at 7am. I hate waiting till 2:15pm :)

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 06:53 AM
Yoooooooooooooooooo

Once again, the early birds will get the worms. Hello everyone. I'm going to church, but I'm going to make it back before the game. No, I won't have a small TV in church, no I won't have a radio. I'm coming back home to have fun with you guys the early birds. Yeah...same early birds........Broncos04Champs, Elway, Alan, WTM, and others ..all are normally in this thread running our mouths. :D

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 06:54 AM
Once again, the early birds will get the worms. Hello everyone. I'm going to church, but I'm going to make it back before the game. No, I won't have a small TV in church, no I won't have a radio. I'm coming back home to have fun with you guys the early birds. Yeah...same early birds........Broncos04Champs, Elway, Alan, WTM, and others ..all are normally in this thread running our mouths. :D

Emancipator!! WHat is uuuup!!! Sounds good man, I'll be here :beer:

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 06:56 AM
OMG I am ready!!! :beer:

Early Sunday morning is the worst!! At least in Hawaii the games started at 7am. I hate waiting till 2:15pm :)

It is 9am where I am and the game starts at 3:15...

The Sun is just now out but here is the catch.... it is COLD!!!

I live in San Antonio, TX and it is like the 3rd cold day of the season. It is like 50 outside... I love it!! It puts me in the mood for late-season and playoff football.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 06:56 AM
What time is the game?

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 06:58 AM
DO any of you watch the sports reporters?

I have been watching it on Sunday mornings since I want like 11 (During football season anyway)

I really like Mitch Album - Tuesdays with Morrie is such a good book

Q-niverse

I LOVE SUNDAYS Emancipator!!

Broncos04Champs
What time is the game?

4:15pm I believe

noirfhewriufheowfwhwoifhiefoifieio

it said my message was too short LOL

Eljay
10-09-2005, 07:00 AM
Can't wait for the game!!

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:02 AM
Hey Eljay welcome to the boards :beer:

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 07:03 AM
Ok let's get this started right. I don't read the boards during the games so best to get my sayings in now!

I hope Champ isn't coming back too soon. From what I read about hamstrings thorugh it will likely bother him for the rest of the season and only the offseason will totally heal it. :coffee:

Portis needs to be taken out early. Gibbs is too unpredictable once he gets a ground game going. Shutting down the run will be key since Brunell doesn't have too many offensive targets to send passes to.

Offensively I think we need to expose Washington's secondary. I know people say how good they are but I don't buy it. This secondary nearly lost the game for them last week versus seattle.

My underdog pick of the game will go to Ron Dayne. I love Mike Anderson but I have a feeling Dayne will be the back that produces this week :)

SALUTE!!! :beer:

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 07:04 AM
Can't wait for the game!!

Welcome to the boards Eljay!

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:05 AM
I just read the Champ update thread and there is a new post saying he is a game time decision...so I'm thinking he won't play, and I would rather error on the side of caution with such a great and important player.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:06 AM
Ok let's get this started right. I don't read the boards during the games so best to get my sayings in now!

LOL that's what I do also. I come in here before the game then at gametime I go to Gamecenter/the AIM chatroom.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:07 AM
Hey Q I like your sig is that Darrent on the left and champ on the right?

bronco30
10-09-2005, 07:08 AM
my freakin satellite went out on friday so i doubt i get to watch the game...im so pissed should be gr8 game extremely hard hitting if we can control there running game we will win...

Snk16
10-09-2005, 07:08 AM
Here we go.....GO BRONCOS!!!!

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:09 AM
Yea I read about that - sorry man that sucks... :ugh:
There's a chatroom setup for gamedays with play by play in it, plus there is gamecenter, and KOA radio...

Q-niverse
Hey Q I like your sig is that Darrent on the left and champ on the right?

It is!!! snk16 made that for me :rockon:

Broncos04Champs
Here we go.....GO BRONCOS!!!!

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

good morning man

you ready to beat down on the skins man!!!!! wooooooooooooooo

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:10 AM
It is!!! snk16 made that for me :rockon:

yeah snake is the man - ever look at his graphics gallery page?? maaaaan

Snk16
10-09-2005, 07:15 AM
SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE

good morning man

you ready to beat down on the skins man!!!!! wooooooooooooooo

Thanks, top of the morning to you also, woo whoo! Hopefully we can massacre them. :beer:

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:28 AM
I just checked my paper and here are the games being aired here in San Antonio....

Noon:

Texans/Titans
Saints/Packers

3:15:

Cowboys/Eagles

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:38 AM
Alright I'm eating my breakfast of 3 grilled ham sandwiches :beer:

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 07:41 AM
Alright I'm eating my breakfast of 3 grilled ham sandwiches :beer:

Homemade breakfast burrito!!! About once every 6 weeks I make alot of breakfast burritos and then freeze them for work (Yes sadly I work today). You'd be amazed how much money and time in the morning this saves.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 07:47 AM
Homemade breakfast burrito!!! About once every 6 weeks I make alot of breakfast burritos and then freeze them for work (Yes sadly I work today). You'd be amazed how much money and time in the morning this saves.

Do you have breakfast for me? I'm looking for some breakfast. You been a good contributor lately by the way. Keep up the great posting. Yeah......cps are on their way but I've given you so many it won't let me until I give out a few more to others.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:47 AM

I believe it - that's a good idea.
I also did my Sunday morning ritual of circling the movies that are on tv this week I want to see. Superman 3 comes on this Tuesday morning on A&E

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 07:48 AM
Good morning Jaws

Welcome back Emancipator, if you have left and come back already :confused:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 07:50 AM
Exactly, that's the way I feel too. I trust our rookies to get the job done. Better to let Champ have a little longer to recover and have him back full strength for the tough games that are ahead of us in the next few weeks.

I think you all are reading my notes in my brain. Champ can stay out 1 more game. Get that hammy 95% before coming back. Foxworth, Williams, Walls, Paymah can do the job. I wish Alexander didn't have that hammy, he could benefit from a little work.............another earlybird..........Jaws will have to get a cp today.

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 07:52 AM
Do you have breakfast for me? I'm looking for some breakfast. You been a good contributor lately by the way. Keep up the great posting. Yeah......cps are on their way but I've given you so many it won't let me until I give out a few more to others.

Yeah I have the same problem with CPs. I think this should be adjusted because some people consistantly have outstanding posts and deserve CPs week to week.

As for my posting I try to add value to the post rather than senseless muck for people to wade through. Thanks for the complement :D

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I think you all are reading my notes in my brain. Champ can stay out 1 more game. Get that hammy 95% before coming back. Foxworth, Williams, Walls, Paymah can do the job. I wish Alexander didn't have that hammy, he could benefit from a little work.............another earlybird..........Jaws will have to get a cp today.

Agreed. I love Champ's playmaking chances and all but we will need him against the Giants, Philly, and possibly New England so I hope his return today does not cost us the veteran coverage we will need in the coming weeks. Our rookies can handle Redskin receivers.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 07:54 AM
I'm hoping this game gets shown over on the Stream site like last weeks. They showed the game against the Jags , but our home game against the Chargers wasn't. I just hope they have a streamer in the Denver area.

bronco30
10-09-2005, 07:55 AM
it'll also help his shoulder heal a lil more if he cant go today...n hopefully no more major injuries to anybody the rest of the year...

bronco30
10-09-2005, 07:58 AM
I'm hoping this game gets shown over on the Stream site like last weeks. They showed the game against the Jags , but our home game against the Chargers wasn't. I just hope they have a streamer in the Denver area.

can anyone get the stream site?

Jaws
10-09-2005, 07:59 AM

Great minds think alike Emancipator lol. Actually I tried to give you a CP last night, but had reached my limit. Expect one later today, if I can remember that is!

Not an earlybird here btw - already nearly 4 p.m in Wales. Game won't start till 9.15 p.m here. I wish I were in the Rocky Mountain area or better still the west coast where I could just roll out of bed and hey presto it's football time! All this waiting around on Sunday is driving me nuts!

The Falcons v Patsies is been shown on TV over here though, so that should help a little towards passing time.

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:00 AM

Unsure. I believe the 850 KOA site will be broadcasting the radiocast of the game.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:00 AM

Yes if you have a fast enough connection. I'll PM you the link, as we are prohibited from advertising it in public.

If anyone else wants the link PM me.

2 Minute Warning
10-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Almost lunchtime here.
Looking forward to a great game Go Broncos!! :cheers:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:03 AM
Unsure. I believe the 850 KOA site will be broadcasting the radiocast of the game.

But the stream we'll have to get the info from Ms. Foxworth

mrbrightside111
10-09-2005, 08:05 AM
how many yards of rushing do u guys think the broncos are gonna stack against the skins.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:06 AM
Guess what I'm doing to pass time till the game starts?

Your thread yesterday about waiting for games being like the night before Christmas should give you a clue.....

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:08 AM
Guess what I'm doing to pass time till the game starts?

Your thread yesterday about waiting for games being like the night before Christmas should give you a clue.....

Are you thawing the turkey?

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:10 AM
too bad we can't eat with you...........I wonder if I can invent smellaoline.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Good guesses but you're both wrong. I'm actually wrapping Christmas presents! :D

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:14 AM
too bad we can't eat with you...........I wonder if I can invent smellaoline.

Turkey season is coming :D

2 Minute Warning
10-09-2005, 08:16 AM
Good guesses but you're both wrong. I'm actually wrapping Christmas presents! :D

So does this mean you have your shopping done already???? :D

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:17 AM

I wrap mine on Christmas eve since I usually procrastinate on my shopping until that day.

odogg007
10-09-2005, 08:18 AM
Hey Guys, Redskins fan here! Heres to a good injury free game. I think you guys have a really good team w/ a solid defense. I think our team is pretty decent as well even though we can't get any respect "worst 3-0 team in NFL history". I think if we can pull off a victory in Denver that will change things, event though it's not going to be easy. Cheers!!

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:18 AM
So does this mean you have your shopping done already???? :D

About half of it yes!

Sick isn't it!

I do a lot of my shopping in January, you get a lot of bargains that time of year.
Add to that the fact that I'm an agent for this Fairtrade company whose catalogues I distribute in September and get most of the orders done by mid October, that adds up to one very organised Shark! :D

RunYouOver
10-09-2005, 08:19 AM
Hey Guys, Redskins fan here! Heres to a good injury free game. I think you guys have a really good team w/ a solid defense. I think our team is pretty decent as well even though we can't get any respect "worst 3-0 team in NFL history". I think if we can pull off a victory in Denver that will change things, event though it's not going to be easy. Cheers!!

Cheers, but with all due respect;

The redskins are the worst 3-0 team in history :P

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:20 AM
how many yards of rushing do u guys think the broncos are gonna stack against the skins.

Ron Dayne 89 :eek:
Mike Anderson 62
Tatum Bell 35

I am picking Ron Dayne to have the hot feet this weekend for the Broncos although Mike Anderson will get a rushing Touchdown

Snk16
10-09-2005, 08:20 AM
Are you thawing the turkey?

But it's not December? :confused: :laugh:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:22 AM
About half of it yes!

Sick isn't it!

I do a lot of my shopping in January, you get a lot of bargains that time of year.
Add to that the fact that I'm an agent for this Fairtrade company whose catalogues I distribute in September and get most of the orders done by mid October, that adds up to one very organised Shark! :D

I'm PMing you my address. I can't wait to get my gift. By the way, you and I both know we are receiving Christmas today. A win by the Broncos.

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:22 AM

Welcome to the boards :) Yes if the skins beat the Broncos it would be worthy of a klingon opera to describe the moment. We fans of the Mile High Wonderland understand a lack of respect. Rest assured Broncos fans have the utmost respect that the redskins COULD beat us. We just have faith that it isn't gonna happen.

Cheers!!! :beer:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:23 AM
It's a free site.

There aren't any guarantees that games get shown, but I've been able to see quite a few already.

The prob with being a free user is there aren't many free slots available for streams - just 5-10 usually and they fill up real quick.

So I've gone for the PPV option, which means I'm guaranteed to be able to see a game if it is shown. The subscription fee is just three dollars a month. Even if today's game doesn't get shown, chances are you'll get to see some before the end of the month. I'm really hopeful they will show tonights game though, unless there's a lot of MLB games on or something and they fill up the channels. Hope not!

* Unfortunately, Emancipator tells me the site isn't accepting any more members. He tried last Sunday just before the game, plus right now.

I don't know if this is going to be the case permanently, or whether it's just on Sundays that they don't let new members register. If you are really interested it may be worth checking out the site on a weekday when it's less busy to see if it's possible to register then.

2 Minute Warning

Hi and welcome. :D

Q-niverse
But it's not December? :confused: :laugh:

lol in her previous post (in another thread) she mentioned she hadn't thawed a turkey yet so I figured maybe she was going to.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:26 AM
I'm PMing you my address. I can't wait to get my gift. By the way, you and I both know we are receiving Christmas today. A win by the Broncos.

Lol yes Shanta Clause is bringing us the best gift you could hope for.

So you want a gift do you?

You can have the one I'm wrapping up right now if you like, the one that's intended for a lovely old lady who happens to be my ex-minister.

A packet of Traidcraft one cup-teabags and a nice tub of fairly traded drinking chocolate! :P

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:28 AM
lol in her previous post (in another thread) she mentioned she hadn't thawed a turkey yet so I figured maybe she was going to.

You shouldn't bring that up you know. Mr Foxworth doesn't know yet. I don't want to upset him before the game. There's going to be a real scene over here when he finds out he's getting Chicken Nuggets for his Christmas dinner! :eek:

Q-niverse
Lol yes Shanta Clause is bringing us the best gift you could hope for.

So you want a gift do you?

You can have the one I'm wrapping up right now if you like, the one that's intended for a lovely old lady who happens to be my ex-minister.

A packet of Traidcraft one cup-teabags and a nice tub of fairly traded drinking chocolate! :P

I miss the tea I had in England. For some reason, it just seemed more enjoyable over there. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the town?

Emancipator
Saturdays felt like the day before Christmas. You get excited because the next day Denver plays. here is the thread

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=43107

BroncoRT
Good morning to everyone. I just woke up and drinking my :coffee: and getting ready for some football!!!

Go Broncos!! :beer:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:29 AM
If we win, can we all get some soup BroncoRT

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:30 AM
I miss the tea I had in England. For some reason, it just seemed more enjoyable over there. Maybe it was the atmosphere of the town?
Were you there on vacation or did you live there for a while?

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:30 AM
You shouldn't bring that up you know. Mr Foxworth doesn't know yet. I don't want to upset him before the game. There's going to be a real scene over here when he finds out he's getting Chicken Nuggets for his Christmas dinner! :eek:

OOPS!!! :eek:

And good morning BroncosRT! Well said! GO BRONCOS!!! :beer:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:31 AM

I actually enjoy some soup for breakfast every now and then.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:32 AM

It is tea with alot of sugar and a pinch of lemon. By the way, we don't do the tea like in England.......we don't that in Boston...... :D I couldn't resist. Just having fun.

BroncoRT

Sure... Crab Bisque or Jumbalaya.

Q-niverse
Were you there on vacation or did you live there for a while?

Vacation two times so far. My sister's husband is stationed at Lackenheath RAF and they live in the New Market area near Cambridge. Was a nice excuse to go see some of England and my neices :)

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:34 AM
I'm going with Ian Gold and Mike Anderson(Tatum Bell) :D

maruske845
10-09-2005, 08:34 AM
i'm eating some fritos,,honey bbq flav twists...taste pretty good :D ..ready fro some football

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:35 AM

Well crab Bisque, no jumbalaya.........well I'll take both. I'm a growing man. :D

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:35 AM

DJ Williams. He's been quiet lately (Still hitting hard, but I think the move to the other side has taken him out of the lime light).

I am going to go on a limb and say Jake will be the Offensive player this week. He's due :)

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:37 AM
You usually make good friends and learn a little more about the members and their true personalities. We all are rooting for the Broncos too.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:39 AM

I usually have Shiitake miso soup but some Crab Bisque sound very nice. :D

I am quite partial to seafood as you all might know. ;)

What's Jumbalaya btw? Phew that was hard to spell! :ugh:

Emancipator
DJ Williams. He's been quiet lately (Still hitting hard, but I think the move to the other side has taken him out of the lime light).

I am going to go on a limb and say Jake will be the Offensive player this week. He's due :)

D.J would be nice. But if he doesn't that is fine. He is playing well. He does a great job turning guys in or out. He has more of a supporting role on that strong side and he won't have as many tackles as Ian should on that weakside.

odogg007
are you guys 3 hours behind EST?

bond007taz
10-09-2005, 08:40 AM
I want to bring my 8 month old baby to the broncos game today and wanted to see if this was a good idea. I have only been to a couple of bronco's games and cant say that I was looking to see if there were any babies at the game - any thoughts?

Dean
10-09-2005, 08:40 AM
I expect our rushing totals to be down unless Plummer on bootlegs or the wideouts on reverses can loosen them up. I think we will be passing more than we have done in the last few games. I would still guess 110 to 130 yards combined is not unlikely. I hope that I am wrong and we can run them out of the stadium. It makes for less aggravation.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:41 AM
I'm eastern time myself. I never got to say Welcome. So welcome and I hope you enjoy being on the board.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 08:42 AM
Alright I'm back - wow my brother in law hyperextended his achilles and is in this big hilarious looking boot!!!

I ate breakfast and am watching Countdown.

emancipator - today i say the studs will be jake plummer and john lynch

:eek:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:45 AM
Vacation two times so far. My sister's husband is stationed at Lackenheath RAF and they live in the New Market area near Cambridge. Was a nice excuse to go see some of England and my neices :)

That's cool. It's really very pretty in that area with lots of quaint little villages and so much tradition and history. Nice you got a chance to see your nieces too, and got a chance to sample some proper tea. More of a coffee girl myself though.

You must pop over the border to Wales next time you're over here.

The area where I live is very beautiful. I'm right on the edge of Snowdonia National Park. It's like a mini Colorado really with lakes, rivers, mountains and great scenery, on a much smaller scale of course. Snowdon our tallest mountain would seem like a mere molehill next to the Rocky peaks.

RunYouOver
10-09-2005, 08:46 AM
Anderson-145
Bell-60
Dayne-23

Total rushing yards today, 228 :D

odogg007
Hail To The Redskins, Hail V-i-c-t-o-r-y...... Braves On The Warpath!! Fight For Ol' Dc!!!!!!!!

Q-niverse

In Denver MST (2 hours behind EST)

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:47 AM
Alright I'm back - wow my brother in law hyperextended his achilles and is in this big hilarious looking boot!!!

Cause that would mean he didn't get beat deep. He provided deep support and he laid the Bronco wood on Portis. Well I guess I can say it.........he even put his infamous speer tackle on someone for the highlight reel. (OOOh I'm wrong for that one.)))

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:47 AM

Poor Santana...do you think he will remember much of the game after Lynch says hello?

BroncosB2B
10-09-2005, 08:48 AM
It wouldn't cost you any money to bring your child in, but I don't know if you would want to hold on to him/her while you are screaming at the top of your lungs.

BroncoRT
10-09-2005, 08:48 AM

Al Wilson and Darrant Williams. Wilson is going to have a great year. The big boys up front Pryce, Warren and Brown will make things easier for Wilson to create havoc. D. Williams will be itchin to play great like Fox did last week.

Wilson will be in the running for defensive POY by years end. :coffee:

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:49 AM
Cause that would mean he didn't get beat deep. He provided deep support and he laid the Bronco wood on Portis. Well I guess I can say it.........he even put his infamous speer tackle on someone for the highlight reel. (OOOh I'm wrong for that one.)))

shhhh the NFL may fine you 5,000 dollars :D

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 08:49 AM
I picked Lynch because he will have an interception or fumble recovery today. :eek: :eek: :eek:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:50 AM

Five hours ahead here odogg - I'm on the other side of the pond.

Welcome to the board btw. :D

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:50 AM
Al Wilson and Darrant Williams. Wilson is going to have a great year. The big boys up front Pryce, Warren and Brown will make things easier for Wilson to create havoc. D. Williams will be itchin to play great like Fox did last week.

Wilson will be in the running for defensive POY by years end. :coffee:

Wilson is overdue for the recognition he deserves. He is one of the 3 top middle backers in the NFL>

Seamus
10-09-2005, 08:51 AM
So is this a good day to wear or burn my 1988 Superbowl XXII Denver shirt that I have had, well 17 years? I think they took the risk and made them prior to the NFC championship game since there is no mention of the Redskins on it. Possible got them out prior to the AFC game conclusion, talk about spending some $ to make a bunch of shirts and having to watch "The Drive" to beat the Browns to see if the shirts you made are going to be worn or rags.

For those that didn't remember it was Denver 10 Redskins 42.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:53 AM
shhhh the NFL may fine you 5,000 dollars :D

I can see agents at my door with the official letter.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
So is this a good day to wear or burn my 1988 Superbowl XXII Denver shirt that I have had, well 17 years? I think they took the risk and made them prior to the NFC championship game since there is no mention of the Redskins on it. Possible got them out prior to the AFC game conclusion, talk about spending some $ to make a bunch of shirts and having to watch "The Drive" to beat the Browns to see if the shirts you made are going to be worn or rags.

Poor you. That must have been a VERY painful day.

Burning that shirt would sure be a great way to exorcise those ghosts.

A win should help put things right too! :D

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 08:54 AM
That's cool. It's really very pretty in that area with lots of quaint little villages and so much tradition and history. Nice you got a chance to see your nieces too, and got a chance to sample some proper tea. More of a coffee girl myself though.

You must pop over the border to Wales next time you're over here.

The area where I live is very beautiful. I'm right on the edge of Snowdonia National Park. It's like a mini Colorado really with lakes, rivers, mountains and great scenery, on a much smaller scale of course. Snowdon our tallest mountain would seem like a mere molehill next to the Rocky peaks.

Sounds wonderful. I'll have to do that one day :)

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 08:55 AM
Alright I'm going to go shower and shave my head.
Let the winning tradition continue :beer:

Worked last week didn't it Emancipator?

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:55 AM

Doug Williams was great that game and Timmy Smith could not be stopped. Denver played horrible. Keep the shirt. It is a collectors item.........if not send it to me using the Brown company. What can brown do for you?

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 08:56 AM

And the first time we lose, I'm blaming you. LOL.......we'll hear from you in about 25 minutes. :cheers:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 08:57 AM

If I remember correctly you were running out of time to do it all last week were you not?

Easier today though with the game on later! :D

Snk16
10-09-2005, 08:57 AM

It's the soup nazi!

BroncoRT
10-09-2005, 08:59 AM
Wilson is overdue for the recognition he deserves. He is one of the 3 top middle backers in the NFL>

Ray Lewis is slowly fading and now is time for Wilson to shine.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 09:00 AM
Yeah I have a daily workout I do on the exercise bike ... I was thinking about changing it up today, but I decided I will ride on the exercise bike (1 hour) then do the showering/shaving... Just so I keep things the same...

see you guys an like an hour and a half or so... :beer:

In-com-plete
10-09-2005, 09:01 AM
It all depends on the score. If we're up by a couple tds at the half I think we'll get about 180. If it's a close game the whole time I figure we'll get about 125. That skins rush defense is pretty tough.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 09:01 AM

He is an incredible player isn't he, full of grit and determination. Not one of the biggest MLB's out there, but his never say die attitude makes him a beast and just the kind of player any team would want on their roster.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 09:03 AM
Yeah I have a daily workout I do on the exercise bike ... I was thinking about changing it up today, but I decided I will ride on the exercise bike (1 hour) then do the showering/shaving... Just so I keep things the same...

see you guys an like an hour and a half or so... :beer:

See ya. I'll be taking a break soon too. Need to get a bite to eat, so I can settle down and enjoy some football. Michael Vick for starters, followed by Broncos main course. :D

Freestyle
10-09-2005, 09:04 AM

I must admit, I'm actually surprised how much he has dropped off recently. :eek:

Jaws
10-09-2005, 09:05 AM
I must admit, I'm actually surprised how much he has dropped off recently. :eek:

Let's hope he sustains that drop off throughout the season.

Should make things easier for us when we come up against the Ravens later on.

Q-niverse
10-09-2005, 09:06 AM
It's time for me to sit back and watch the pre-game fun!!! GO BRONCOS!!!! :cheers:

Enjoy the game Jaws, Emancipator, Broncos04Champs, and everyone else that was chatting on the board :)

odogg007
10-09-2005, 09:09 AM
Let's hope he sustains that drop off throughout the season.

Should make things easier for us when we come up against the Ravens later on.

I don't think Ray has lost a step. Teams just aren't attacking him. It's respect.

BroncoRT
10-09-2005, 09:14 AM
I don't think Ray has lost a step. Teams just aren't attacking him. It's respect.

He is in his tenth year and the line in front of him is not all that good. He has seen better days. :coffee:

Seamus
10-09-2005, 09:18 AM
Poor you. That must have been a VERY painful day.

Burning that shirt would sure be a great way to exorcise those ghosts.

A win should help put things right too! :D

I think I could get away with wearing it since I know those days are past and the past won't be repeated, especally today! The weird thing is Joe Gibbs was the coach way back then, Denver has made quite a few changes that is the debate with Gibbs, running a offense for the hear and now.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:18 AM
But Santana Moss scares the mess out of me. He is a good playmaking WR with great.....not good, but great speed. Darrent could cover but Bailey has the extra experience. I'm not worried about Portis because he may not even get 65 yrds rushing.

NateCohen
10-09-2005, 09:21 AM
Hey Jaws, I was wondering if you could PM me the streaming site too...thanks, I live in New York and I'm never able to see Broncos games here.

Elway
10-09-2005, 09:30 AM
NOT POSITIVE ABOUT THIS:

I BELIEVE ESPN RADIO WILL BE COVERING THE BRONCOS GAME TODAY, IF SO SOME PEOPLE CAN LISTEN TO THAT WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH KOA TIME DELAY.

JUST A HEADS UP.

(We not return to our non cap zone) :cheers:

Perry1977
10-09-2005, 09:31 AM
Dress him up cute, and get him on TV!! Then have somebody record it so he has bragging rights later in life. :beer:

shawny
10-09-2005, 09:32 AM
Im guessing around 100 combined. I would love to see more, but I think Plummer is going to have to throw alot.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 09:35 AM
I sent you the stream site link but it seems you need to clear out some PM's so my message can come through.

odogg007
10-09-2005, 09:35 AM
Anderson-145
Bell-60
Dayne-23

Total rushing yards today, 228 :D

You guys do realize that we haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in 8 games right? :confused:

Fl_playa101
10-09-2005, 09:36 AM
Hey Jaws, I was wondering if you could PM me the streaming site too...thanks, I live in New York and I'm never able to see Broncos games here.

ditto, they never show the broncos in atlanta

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:43 AM
ditto, they never show the broncos in atlanta

Your regional games would be Titans, Carolina, Jags

alan
10-09-2005, 09:44 AM

its all ok buddy im here,let the game begin

Jaws
10-09-2005, 09:46 AM

Gonna be offline for a while, if Orangepeel sees my message can you pass on the stream site address please. Dunno if it will be any good though, if they're unable to register as you say. Hopefully if they can't today, maybe they could try during weekdays when it's less busy there?

alan
10-09-2005, 09:48 AM
NOT POSITIVE ABOUT THIS:

I BELIEVE ESPN RADIO WILL BE COVERING THE BRONCOS GAME TODAY, IF SO SOME PEOPLE CAN LISTEN TO THAT WITHOUT HAVING TO DEAL WITH KOA TIME DELAY.

JUST A HEADS UP.

(We not return to our non cap zone) :cheers:

do you have a link or is it a non internet radio

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:49 AM
Gonna be offline for a while, if Orangepeel sees my message can you pass on the stream site address please. Dunno if it will be any good though, if they're unable to register as you say. Hopefully if they can't today, maybe they could try during weekdays when it's less busy there?

See you in a few hours. I'll have to catch Alan up to speed. So go relax those big teeth Jaws. :D

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:51 AM
What's up young man. It on again for you and me. Internet game time again. lol :D

alan
ya man get me up too speed,im so tired spent most of my day on a bus or 100 miles away.had a big game long story so fill me in

Elway
do you have a link or is it a non internet radio

Non internet radio. Should be on local radio, providing your local stations carry ESPN radio.

alan
10-09-2005, 09:52 AM
What's up young man. It on again for you and me. Internet game time again. lol :D

yep,im looking forward to tonights game,two teams leving invesco with 4-1

alan
10-09-2005, 09:52 AM
Non internet radio. Should be on local radio, providing your local stations carry ESPN radio.

i dont think they carry it in ireland or maybe...................... ;)

bronco30
10-09-2005, 09:53 AM
oh yes good news for some reason the satellite has come back....i get to c the game now even more pumped maybe AW will jack up portis so i see it...

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:57 AM
oh yes good news for some reason the satellite has come back....i get to c the game now even more pumped maybe AW will jack up portis so i see it...

Congrats on the sat coming back to life.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 09:58 AM
yep,im looking forward to tonights game,two teams leving invesco with 4-1

it is 1:00 afternoon here right now........I'm eastern time.

alan
10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
so emancipator im happy you get to see the game and all you guys,you lucky devils :mad: :ugh:

alan
10-09-2005, 09:59 AM
it is 1:00 afternoon here right now........I'm eastern time.

6.00 pm exactly

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:02 AM
You are in the 12th grade right. Man that is hard before going to school. By the way, I'm not sure they will be showing it where I am........I always get either the Titans, Falcons and .........then maybe a good game.

alan
10-09-2005, 10:04 AM
You are in the 12th grade right. Man that is hard before going to school. By the way, I'm not sure they will be showing it where I am........I always get either the Titans, Falcons and .........then maybe a good game.

maybe the 12th out of 13th grades ya thats probably right.you should sign up for aim and do the broncos chat at game time its fun.school aint as important as broncos what you on man.i reckon il be in bed by 1.00 am

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:04 AM
i dont think they carry it in ireland or maybe...................... ;)

Hmm, that is a tough one. The Armed Forces Network will usually play a game, you are probably too far to get reception from one of the US sites in England. Darn, you are really out of luck, looks like the Denver game will be played in the Pacific theater only.

AFRTS Schedule NFL Football, Sun 10/9 01:00pm Pacific NFL Washington Redskins @ Denver Broncos

http://www.afneurope.net/article.asp?id=29564

alan
10-09-2005, 10:05 AM
maybe the 12th out of 13th grades ya thats probably right.you should sign up for aim and do the broncos chat at game time its fun.school aint as important as broncos what you on man.i reckon il be in bed by 1.00 am

the patriots and eagles games are being televised here so i might watch a bit of them aswell-footballs football when you cant watch the broncos

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:06 AM

you are getting a CP for that statement. oh your grades go to the 13th huh. Are your parents strict? Anytime you want to come to the states, you can stay with me and my family. As you know, I'm married w/ 3 kids.....I'm 34. The kids are 12, 10, and 5

alan
10-09-2005, 10:08 AM
my parents have learnt to deal with my broncos habit-im already on the plane man.that would be cool but i dont think we could afford it,haha.im going to NYC next september though and boston,you know what that mEANS irish irish irish haha

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:11 AM
Being so far away........how in the heck did you pick the Broncos for a team to root for? I would have to say your are the biggest Bronco fan behind me. I'm number 1. :D :cheers: :beer:

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Allegedly, the Denver weather media is notriously hit and miss

I was looking for an update, got to see if for myself! Your right, the Denver weather media only gets it accurate through the rock method, not through predictions.

The rock method is tying a rock to a tripod outside:
if the rock is wet, it is raining
if the rock is swinging, it is windy
if the rock is covered with white stuff, 75% chance of snow.

alan
10-09-2005, 10:15 AM
Being so far away........how in the heck did you pick the Broncos for a team to root for? I would have to say your are the biggest Bronco fan behind me. I'm number 1. :D :cheers: :beer:

to tell you the truth man,i cant remember-i guess its just a match made in heaven,how did you become one living in titan country.

i just found out last night that ive been to an american football game by the way,

1997 irish american bowl-steelers v bears,dont no how i forgot

Jaws
10-09-2005, 10:16 AM
OK. It seems that it is possible to register at the site, as I got a PM from one member here who's just signed up.

Like I said there's no certainty that our game will be shown. I saw the Jags last week but that doesn't guarantee the same this week.

Anyway for those who do sign up here's some more info to help if you find yourself on the site just before the game wanting to find out which channel it's on, if indeed it is shown.

With the second set of games that are on, it's all very last minute before you find out which channel it's on. You just gotta refresh the streams page quite often when it's around time for the game to start to find out which channel it is.

I really hope they show our game. There's no guarantees of course, but even if today's game isn't your bound to get a few before your subscription ends.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 10:18 AM
Just checked the calendar on the site and the Broncos v Redskins game is listed, so we should be able to see it. It doesn't say which channel yet though.

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:20 AM
You know there should be a "Game" or "Invesco Stadium" cam on the Denver website. Im not asking for tV quality, just something in the corner showing most of the stadium and field.

Got to pursue this, heck leave it on all the time, I will watch the guys put lines on the field.
If they can put one in a watering hole in the middle of Africa, they can get one in Invesco.
closest web cam is operated by the city and county, at west colfax & federal boulavard. http://www.denvergov.org/traffic/traffic.asp?loc=FEDCOL

alan
10-09-2005, 10:20 AM
hey jaws you pumped up yet

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:21 AM
OK. It seems that it is possible to register at the site, as I got a PM from one member here who's just signed up.

Like I said there's no certainty that our game will be shown. I saw the Jags last week but that doesn't guarantee the same this week.

Anyway for those who do sign up here's some more info to help if you find yourself on the site just before the game wanting to find out which channel it's on, if indeed it is shown.

With the second set of games that are on, it's all very last minute before you find out which channel it's on. You just gotta refresh the streams page quite often when it's around time for the game to start to find out which channel it is.

I really hope they show our game. There's no guarantees of course, but even if today's game isn't your bound to get a few before your subscription ends.

it don't like me

alan
10-09-2005, 10:22 AM
you sure,i hope your pumped too emanceipator

alan
10-09-2005, 10:27 AM
am i the only one here??? :confused:

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:32 AM
am i the only one here??? :confused:
Some times it seems like it, but no! watching the Atlanta New England game behind me.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:33 AM
I wonder if I have the right. Why do it take me to the streamtvnow talk forums.

alan
10-09-2005, 10:33 AM
same here brother i might turn it off,i hate both those teams

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:35 AM
both games are on now......here. That means.....the Falcons will be on later. So no Broncos watching for me. Darn it.

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:36 AM
I just wanted to see if New England was going to rebound from all there injuries, and what kind of team Atlanta is witout Vick.

Just calling it a scouting show since they are next to go to Denver, :eek: New England making the screen work.

alan
10-09-2005, 10:36 AM
lets go broncos

just ahd to say it again

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:38 AM
both games are on now......here. That means.....the Falcons will be on later. So no Broncos watching for me. Darn it.
They will replay a early game later :confused: Falcons are on now, that would SUCK. With NE taking it to them 14 to 0!

alan
10-09-2005, 10:38 AM
come on guys letss all get posting

Elway
10-09-2005, 10:39 AM
First quater over on the Falcons/Pats game.

Seamus
10-09-2005, 10:41 AM
I guess I shouldn't have told you the score, that will spoil your late game. :eek:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:45 AM
They will replay a early game later :confused: Falcons are on now, that would SUCK. With NE taking it to them 14 to 0!

That's good. so I may get to watch Broncos after all. For some reason, Falcons always are shown on tv.....but not this time.......Yes yes.

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
Alright I did my workout, am showered and shaved and have my Plummer jersey on.

What's up guys - Packers 14-3, will they get their first win?

Dean
10-09-2005, 10:49 AM
You guys do realize that we haven't given up a 100 yard rusher in 8 games right? :confused:

You do realize that the Skins haven't played the Broncos in the last 8 games, right? :confused: :D

Broncos04Champs
10-09-2005, 10:50 AM
I'm going to put some fajitas on the grill

I'll see everyone around gametime!

Orangecrush40
10-09-2005, 10:51 AM
Tatum Bell has been waiting in the wings the past couple of weeks an from what he showed last week against Jacksonville he could be ready to shine if Anderson struggles at all. Also,I am hoping(and praying) that Lelie can have a breakout game. I am starting him for the first time all year in Fantasy Football ahead of Michael Clayton who also has been struggling.
Jake needs to limit his mistakes and not try to do too much because the game is going to b tight and could hinge on a turnover. My prediction Broncos 13 Redsins 7 in a defensive struggle

Javalon
10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
I want to bring my 8 month old baby to the broncos game today and wanted to see if this was a good idea. I have only been to a couple of bronco's games and cant say that I was looking to see if there were any babies at the game - any thoughts?
My wife and I took our 5 & 1/2 month old to the Broncos-Chiefs game a couple weeks ago. We put some earplugs in his ears and then put a stocking cap (Broncos, of course) on his head and pulled it down over his ears to hold the earplugs in place. It worked great. He did react the first couple of times the crowd roared but he got used to it really quick and after about 5 minutes he rarely seemed to even notice the crowd.

The thing that made it easier for us was that my wife was willing to hold the baby most of the game since she's not really into football and mostly watches it for me. So I was able to jump up and scream my lungs out whenever I wanted. And our son even took a good long nap despite my bellowing.

So, as long as you plan it right I'd say you can still have a great time even with a baby along. And do dress him/her up in Bronco gear since the fans around you will get a big kick out of it. :D

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 10:54 AM
Alright I did my workout, am showered and shaved and have my Plummer jersey on.

What's up guys - Packers 14-3, will they get their first win?

I want Brett to win. Yes.

alan
10-09-2005, 10:58 AM
ok emancepator you know what time it is at the alan household,chinease and cokes here i come,god is there anything like broncos football

2 Minute Warning
10-09-2005, 11:02 AM
I saw on the Denver channel there are winter storm warnings posted.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:04 AM
Skins can handle the cold and drizzle but will they handle the altitude of being a Mile High. Portis remembers the altitude.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:09 AM
ok emancepator you know what time it is at the alan household,chinease and cokes here i come,god is there anything like broncos football

I do have a question though. You are in Ireland.....and your favorite is Chinese food, why?

What is Ireland known for it terms of food.......don't tell me goat cheese. Pro :D bably something good you can send me.

Elway
10-09-2005, 11:10 AM
This is good, we are at 11 pages and it is still about 2 hours before game time. :)

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:11 AM
Tatum Bell has been waiting in the wings the past couple of weeks an from what he showed last week against Jacksonville he could be ready to shine if Anderson struggles at all. Also,I am hoping(and praying) that Lelie can have a breakout game. I am starting him for the first time all year in Fantasy Football ahead of Michael Clayton who also has been struggling.
Jake needs to limit his mistakes and not try to do too much because the game is going to b tight and could hinge on a turnover. My prediction Broncos 13 Redsins 7 in a defensive struggle

Yes Tatum and Marine Mike make a nice combo.

Would be good to see Lelie perform. Maybe today's the day!

alan
10-09-2005, 11:13 AM
I do have a question though. You are in Ireland.....and your favorite is Chinese food, why?

What is Ireland known for it terms of food.......don't tell me goat cheese. Pro :D bably something good you can send me.

potaetoes,the best meat in the world ,cabbage.........chinese is nice though

Cugel
10-09-2005, 11:15 AM
I'd be surprised if any Bronco rushed for 100 yards. But, I'd also be surprised if the Broncos top three rushers have less than 165 combined yards.

Expect all three guys to get some action today.

Broncosinindy
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
good morning yall... mark me down for broncos 30 redskins 7 ...hopefully we can keep portis in check ... and i have not heard yet is bailey playing?

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:16 AM
potaetoes,the best meat in the world ,cabbage.........chinese is nice though

Potatoes......the best meat in the world. (Let's market that and make some money.)

alan
10-09-2005, 11:17 AM
Potatoes......the best meat in the world. (Let's market that and make some money.)

ya dont forget the cabbage

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:17 AM

Oi, Welsh lamb is the best! :P

odogg007
10-09-2005, 11:18 AM
Why is he doing so much better in a run friendly offense, and who will contain him? He is 5"11, hardly a NFL prototype WR.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:19 AM
Sounds good to me. I like potatoes and cabbage. That is good meat. Denver has good meat today too.......a bunch of Redskins.

Broncosinindy
mark me down as broncos will get 140 yards rushing with mike anderson getting 80 and bell 10 yareds and bell at right about 50 look for us to beat them with the pass today...oh by the way cugel nice quote... :)

Jaws
Anyone know how to tame a moody teenage Dolphin?

They can be pretty hard to handle when mad!

(Buffs 17 - Fins 0) hehehe

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:20 AM
Sounds good to me. I like potatoes and cabbage. That is good meat. Denver has good meat today too.......a bunch of Redskins.

Lol !

Cabbage though, YUCK!!! :sick:

Broncosinindy
as far as i have heard he will be matched up against darnett williams all day...5'11 up until a couple of years ago was the size of most Wr's

Snk16

Easy, shoot them with a tranquilizer. Same technique as a shark, except you can also punch them in the nose. :)

Cugel
I just went out, and it's not that cold out. Clouds look solid, but there are patches of brightness, so I would expect the rain to let up in a bit. If the rain doesn't continue, all afternoon it would be great conditions, cool, but not cold for the players. Comfortable weather to play in. THe filed should be in good shape.

alan
10-09-2005, 11:21 AM

eat him and welsh lamb is so not better

Snk16
10-09-2005, 11:21 AM
My wife and I took our 5 & 1/2 month old to the Broncos-Chiefs game a couple weeks ago. We put some earplugs in his ears and then put a stocking cap (Broncos, of course) on his head and pulled it down over his ears to hold the earplugs in place. It worked great. He did react the first couple of times the crowd roared but he got used to it really quick and after about 5 minutes he rarely seemed to even notice the crowd.

The thing that made it easier for us was that my wife was willing to hold the baby most of the game since she's not really into football and mostly watches it for me. So I was able to jump up and scream my lungs out whenever I wanted. And our son even took a good long nap despite my bellowing.

So, as long as you plan it right I'd say you can still have a great time even with a baby along. And do dress him/her up in Bronco gear since the fans around you will get a big kick out of it. :D

That's awesome, great idea Jav! :beer:

alan
10-09-2005, 11:22 AM

ya i dont suppose you ve ever had aongus steak

Cugel
as far as i have heard he will be matched up against darnett williams all day...5'11 up until a couple of years ago was the size of most Wr's
That's because speed and moves are what you need as a WR. Now though fast guys who are 6'3" and taller are becoming common. That's a bit of a disadvantage for short CBs like Darrent Williams. But neither Redskins WR is a bad matchup for Williams.

Jaws
Easy, shoot them with a tranquilizer. Same technique as a shark, except you can also punch them in the nose. :)

Hey thank Snk. I'll try it! :D

Hey where did you learn to kill sharks?

I hope you haven't harmed any of my brothers!

OR ELSE!!! :mad:

alan
10-09-2005, 11:24 AM
o man jets had an int ruled out for pass interference

Broncosinindy
10-09-2005, 11:25 AM
i dont mind short defensive backs .. as long as they have some leaping ability...im pretty confindent with the match up with williams williams has the speed to keep up .. now if he can make him a non factor that would be great

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:25 AM
eat him and welsh lamb is so not better

:(

To be honest, I'm not a big lamb fan myself.

Prefer beef and pork. (plus the odd human, preferably Irish)

Don't tell farmers round here though, or I'll be in for the chop!

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:26 AM
ya i dont suppose you ve ever had aongus steak

Goat or goat or goat

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:27 AM
I've had Angus steak, but not Aongos or Aonogos!

Very tasty.

alan
10-09-2005, 11:28 AM
cow i imagine since its steak

alan
I've had Angus steak, but not Aongos or Aonogos!

Very tasty.

i was just spelling it the right irish way

Emancipator
but trying to see if he sneeking goat in on me.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
i was just spelling it the right irish way

Ah I see and that's the way I'll spell it from now on too. I'll go Irish over English anytime. BTW we don't have a specific Welsh word for it.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:30 AM
Who you calling a cow? ;)
Jaws is not a cow......she's a shark.

alan
10-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Who you calling a cow? ;)

i aint callen anyone a cow dont worry

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:32 AM
Jaws is not a cow......she's a shark.

I've heard of Bullsharks, but not Cowsharks I think. Although if there were such a breed I would show several of the necessary charateristics to be that breed.

Did you know that there's a shark breed called Megamouth too?

alan
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
Ah I see and that's the way I'll spell it from now on too. I'll go Irish over English anytime. BTW we don't have a specific Welsh word for it.

if you did it would probably be un prenounceable anyway hahahaha :P

please dont eat me

topscribe
10-09-2005, 11:33 AM
That's because speed and moves are what you need as a WR. Now though fast guys who are 6'3" and taller are becoming common. That's a bit of a disadvantage for short CBs like Darrent Williams. But neither Redskins WR is a bad matchup for Williams.
For some people, heigth is overrated. Darrent is one. He has held his own against some pretty tall people.

-----

2 Minute Warning
10-09-2005, 11:34 AM
I've heard of Bullsharks, but not Cowsharks I think. Although if there were such a breed I would show several of the necessary charateristics to be that breed.

I do now...lol. :D

Emancipator
i aint callen anyone a cow dont worry

You know women they hear certain words and they want clarity. Plus I'm always around to instigate. LOl She knows you weren't :cheers:

alan

ya thats you,talk talk talk ,ok il stop jaws bashing

Snk16
10-09-2005, 11:35 AM
The Jets were a run friendly offense until thsi year so your statement doesn't make sense. The better question would be "Why is Santana Moss doing better in Washington?" I cannot answer that question because I have not followed him much.

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:36 AM
Hello my favorite female Mod. As a matter of fact you are the #1 female Mod.
(The only one) :D
Should have always had a female MoD with all us guys bringing all this testosterone. That's why Jaws is good for the boards as well. We have great female members.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:36 AM
ya thats you,talk talk talk ,ok il stop jaws bashing

You better, or I may evolve into a Killer Shark, and I'll stop doing my pizza deliveries every time I'm passing the west coast. :P

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:38 AM
I do now...lol. :D

I've still got a touch of tonsillitis Jovi.

Remember what that remedy for it was? ;)

odogg007
10-09-2005, 11:39 AM
For some people, heigth is overrated. Darrent is one. He has held his own against some pretty tall people.

-----
Gary Clark, Art Monk, and Ricky Sanders are a perfect example.........You don't need Height! :beer:

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:40 AM
Anderson, Bell, or Portis?
Smith, Lelie, Adams, Watts, Moss, Thrash, or Patten?
Plummer or Brunnel?

Then, name the MVP of the game.

I say Bell, Lelie, Plummer

Trevor Pryce is the MVP of the game.

clokwork orange
10-09-2005, 11:40 AM
I want to bring my 8 month old baby to the broncos game today and wanted to see if this was a good idea. I have only been to a couple of bronco's games and cant say that I was looking to see if there were any babies at the game - any thoughts?these are the formative years. Dip him in orange paint and let the idoctrination begin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:41 AM

Since you are married and a good poster......I'll keep it to myself. Plus
Alan is only 17 years old, bad for his ears. ;)

2 Minute Warning
10-09-2005, 11:41 AM

I thought :eek: you were over your tonsillitis. :confused:

alan
10-09-2005, 11:43 AM
Since you are married and a good poster......I'll keep it to myself. Plus
Alan is only 17 years old, bad for his ears. ;)

no im even younger-15

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
I thought :eek: you were over your tonsillitis. :confused:

Maybe I am, maybe not. You can never be too careful though. A precautionary dose of my Gran's old remedy may be a good idea. ;)

Emancipator
10-09-2005, 11:45 AM
That is alright with me. My favorite IrishBronco fan. Well, since you are not my son...then you are my brother from another mother.

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:47 AM
That is alright with me. My favorite IrishBronco fan. Well, since you are not my son...then you are my brother from another mother.

Yeah he's same age exactly as my kid, only Alan has better taste in football.

alan
10-09-2005, 11:47 AM
how about an adopt a broncomania member thread

lol

alan
10-09-2005, 11:48 AM
Yeah he's same age exactly as my kid, only Alan has better taste in football.

ya and your son cant breath oxygen

Jaws
10-09-2005, 11:49 AM
how about an adopt a broncomania member thread

lol

Nobody will want to adopt a Shark! :(

Hey I thought I already fostered you some time ago?

I can understand you wanting a permanent home to go to though.