PDA

View Full Version : Colorado @ Texas - Any Bets?

broncofan303
10-10-2005, 05:50 PM
alright, I don't think Colorado can beat Texas, although they do stand a chance... The line on this game is Texas favored by 18.5 points, I'm saying that they won't cover, anybody want to bet 2 CP's saying that they will?

For those of you who don't know how this spread works, if Texas wins but by a margin of less than 18.5 points, you lose...and obviously, if CU wins, you lose..the only way you can win is if Texas basically beats Colorado by 3 TD's....

Any Takers? (doesn't have to be only 1)

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CU!

Buff_bronc_fan
10-12-2005, 11:38 AM
alright, I don't think Colorado can beat Texas, although they do stand a chance... The line on this game is Texas favored by 18.5 points, I'm saying that they won't cover, anybody want to bet 2 CP's saying that they will?

For those of you who don't know how this spread works, if Texas wins but by a margin of less than 18.5 points, you lose...and obviously, if CU wins, you lose..the only way you can win is if Texas basically beats Colorado by 3 TD's....

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CU!

Man, if I had any expendable income I think I might actually put $$ on CU this week. I mean, granted I'm a total homer, but the momentum the defense is playing with is huge. I don't see them getting beat by 3 scores. I mean, I've had to eat crow before, but honestly I want in on this bet too if there are any takers.

BVP
10-12-2005, 05:08 PM
Both of you guys are on, I will bet both of you guys.

2 CP's to both of you guys if Texas doesn't cover the spread.

2 CP's from both of you guys if Texas does cover the spread.

I honestly think that CU will have a chance, but I will always bet against CU.

broncofan303
10-12-2005, 08:26 PM
Deal....You're on BVP...

mrsolo
10-12-2005, 09:59 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CU!

If the game were in Colorado, I'd be more comfortable taking them and the points. But since it's in Austin, if I were a gambling man I'd have a ton of money on Texas to cover. If Colorado's offense doesn't eat up some clock, it could get ugly.

Jared
10-12-2005, 10:03 PM
I'm not betting anything, but the game is in Texas, right?

Hmmm......

Yeah, I think CU can cover.

I don't think they will win. They certainly are capble of winning, I just don't think they will.

thesaint
10-13-2005, 06:05 AM
.I honestly think that CU will have a chance, but I will always bet against CU.

I've always found it interesting that once CU plays CSU...CU fans dont really care what CSU does and in fact they kind of pull for the Rams in their other games because it helps their strength of schedule.

CSU fans on the other hand root against CU every time they take the field.

I guess getting beat every year will do that to you...that and the fact that even when you do beat them and win your conference you only get to go to the Music City Bowl or something... :P

TXBRONC
10-13-2005, 05:18 PM
I think Texas is capable of beating the CU by three scores at home.

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 05:32 PM

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO CU!

hell yeah I'll take that bet

GO TEXAS!

broncofan303
10-13-2005, 06:38 PM
hell yeah I'll take that bet

GO TEXAS!

Alright you're on too....

btw, its GO TEXASS!

GO BUFFS!!

Buff_bronc_fan
10-14-2005, 10:47 AM
I've always found it interesting that once CU plays CSU...CU fans dont really care what CSU does and in fact they kind of pull for the Rams in their other games because it helps their strength of schedule.

CSU fans on the other hand root against CU every time they take the field.

I guess getting beat every year will do that to you...that and the fact that even when you do beat them and win your conference you only get to go to the Music City Bowl or something... :P

I used to root for CSU all the time, then I went to the Rocky Mountain Showdown at Mile High the year Cecil Sapp and BVP beat the preseason #6 CU team. Watching BVP spike the ball off our player's head, listening to him brag and gloat after the game, having to walk out of the stadium listening to all the CSU fans slam CU and talk insane amounts of S@#$... Well, I guess you could say these contributed to my disdane for our neighbors to the North... I could go on, but anyone who's been to an Invesco CU v CSU game knows what I'm talking about.

The only time I'll root for them now is when they're serious underdogs like when they played USC last yr, or when they're playing BYU ;). The strength of schedule thing is nice, but that's more consolation for me if they win.

TD for TX and BVP I'll take that bet as well.. Wanna just go 1 CP since it's more practical?

aberdien
10-14-2005, 03:42 PM
I got 2 CP's on the Longhorns. :beer:

broncofan303
10-14-2005, 03:45 PM
I got 2 CP's on the Longhorns. :beer:

That's a deal...this could be a real nice day of CP's for me...LOL

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 08:58 PM
I used to root for CSU all the time, then I went to the Rocky Mountain Showdown at Mile High the year Cecil Sapp and BVP beat the preseason #6 CU team. Watching BVP spike the ball off our player's head, listening to him brag and gloat after the game, having to walk out of the stadium listening to all the CSU fans slam CU and talk insane amounts of S@#$... Well, I guess you could say these contributed to my disdane for our neighbors to the North... I could go on, but anyone who's been to an Invesco CU v CSU game knows what I'm talking about.

The only time I'll root for them now is when they're serious underdogs like when they played USC last yr, or when they're playing BYU ;). The strength of schedule thing is nice, but that's more consolation for me if they win.

TD for TX and BVP I'll take that bet as well.. Wanna just go 1 CP since it's more practical?

Since its only CPs 2 is fine with me. Whomever comes out on top will just have to find a way to get those point out. I'm sure you'll find a way to get me my two cps when its over. :D

broncofan303
10-14-2005, 09:05 PM
Since its only CPs 2 is fine with me. Whomever comes out on top will just have to find a way to get those point out. I'm sure you'll find a way to get me my two cps when its over. :D

Done..

Okay list of Bets:

For Colorado:
Buff_Bronc_fan
broncofan303

For Texas:
Invesco
TDforTatum26
BVP
TXBRONC

Loser will pay 2 CP's to each person on each "for"..so if Colorado wins, Buff_bronc_fan and I would recieve 2 from each of you, and vice versa...

this could be a good day for CP's...

GO BUFFS!!!

PR-Broncomaniac
10-14-2005, 10:02 PM
I love CU to death.
But Texas wins by 14 pts, and does not cover spread.
I ain't bettin any CPs so sorry......

Buff_bronc_fan
10-15-2005, 12:11 PM
Done..

Okay list of Bets:

For Colorado:
Buff_Bronc_fan
broncofan303

For Texas:
Invesco
TDforTatum26
BVP
TXBRONC

Loser will pay 2 CP's to each person on each "for"..so if Colorado wins, Buff_bronc_fan and I would recieve 2 from each of you, and vice versa...

this could be a good day for CP's...

GO BUFFS!!!

Sounds good to me, here we go....

Fight CU Down the field, CU must win, fiiiight fight for victory, Ceeee U knows no defeat! So roll up that mighty score never give iiiiiiiinnnn... Shouuulder to shoulder we will fight fight fight fight fight!!!!

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 01:55 PM
OUCH...Buffs aren't even showing up, oh well...I'll get my crow...first rounds of CP's...

TXBRONC
10-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Thank you gentlemen I'll be looking for that second round of cps in the very nearby future. :cheers:

aberdien
10-15-2005, 08:28 PM
Thank you gentlemen I'll be looking for that second round of cps in the very nearby future. :cheers:

Ditto. ;)

Colorado played pretty poorly today.

rcsodak
10-15-2005, 10:29 PM
At least OU didn't LOOK like they'd play better than they did...... :coffee:

Buff_bronc_fan
10-15-2005, 10:55 PM

I think this TX team is going to humble quite a few teams this season. Sometimes you just have to tip your cap to the other guy and say job well done.

TXBRONC
10-17-2005, 10:56 AM

You're such a Sooner RC. ;)