PDA

View Full Version : Notre Dame vs. USC

West
10-11-2005, 04:45 PM
whos gunna win?

Personally i'd love to see that Pro team called the Trojans get beat but it won't happen. The Irish have no answer for Bush and White combo and that air attack of Leinhart. Blowout.

broncofan303
10-11-2005, 04:53 PM
the thing is USC doesn't have an answer for Brady Quinn and Darius Walker... what i noticed about USC this year is that you can't stop them, you have to outscore them and hope for a dropped pass by their offense or fumble or something...

this is in SOUTH BEND, Notre Dame will score at will, but will they be able to stop LenDale, Reggie, and Leinart enough times to win? I THINK SO!!

West
10-11-2005, 04:56 PM
this is in SOUTH BEND, Notre Dame will score at will, but will they be able to stop LenDale, Reggie, and Leinart enough times to win? I THINK SO!!
Come on now, that is completely idiotic, to think that poor ND D is gunna stop 3 of the best players in the NCAA is completely ludacris.

But you know I got mad respect for you, CU BABY!!!!!

BTW: I'll be on the sidelines at the Missouri game :D :beer:

broncofan303
10-11-2005, 05:29 PM
Come on now, that is completely idiotic, to think that poor ND D is gunna stop 3 of the best players in the NCAA is completely ludacris.

But you know I got mad respect for you, CU BABY!!!!!

BTW: I'll be on the sidelines at the Missouri game :D :beer:

Dropped passes, fumbles, penalties! that's how ND's slow D is going to stop USC :) ... I am confident that ND can keep up with USC though, they allowed a very poor Arizona offense to march up and down the field against them, ND has been doing it against solid defenses...

How'd you pull that one? being on the sidelines at the Mizzou game, that's AWESOME!!

GO BUFFS AND IRISH!!!

Booher
10-11-2005, 05:46 PM
cmon notre dame...hook up va tech.

DBFan4Ever
10-11-2005, 05:56 PM
My grandma in heaven is smiling down on me because I am going for Notre Dame and for those who know me they are in complete shock.

I have hated Notre Dame since I was a kid. In fact, the high school I attended used the Notre Dame Fighting Song for their song. Of course I went to a Catholic School so no wonder

My mother's family is from Indiana, and in fact I even visited the Campus.

I remember every year yelling and screaming at the TV with my brother (Irish Fan)
while watching these teams play.

I have always liked USC because of the band. I don't know maybe I am thinking of the Fleetwood Mac video or something. lol Anyway, for some reason I like them but not this game.

So believe me I hate the Irish as much as I hate the Yankees, Colts and of course the Raiders.

So yes I will go for the Irish only because I think they have the best chance to beat USC.

But after the final play I will not go for Notre Dame again

Sorry Grandma

GridironChamp
10-11-2005, 06:17 PM
LOL, USC will once again. I think they got a reality check last week that is telling them they will have to still play. They are out to prove that they are unbeatable this week, against probably the best team on thier schedule.

West
10-11-2005, 06:19 PM
How'd you pull that one? being on the sidelines at the Mizzou game, that's AWESOME!!

GO BUFFS AND IRISH!!!
My best friend's uncle is the team trainer. He gets all free stuff and is getting us on the sidelines. I want to go to the Nebraska game but he can't for some reason. But being on the sidelines on a game is better than not being on the sidelines.

Sooner or later that SC offense will get going and it will get ugly. They just bring in tooo much talent each and every year.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-11-2005, 06:45 PM
They better win especially becuz i'm going to that game
PLZ DONT GET A BLOW OUT ND

broncofan303
10-11-2005, 09:17 PM
My best friend's uncle is the team trainer. He gets all free stuff and is getting us on the sidelines. I want to go to the Nebraska game but he can't for some reason. But being on the sidelines on a game is better than not being on the sidelines.

Sooner or later that SC offense will get going and it will get ugly. They just bring in tooo much talent each and every year.

Geez...that's awesome, getting free buffaloes gear, any free jerseys and stuff?

I don't know about you but I'm pumped for a the Texass game, both my teams can bring up Vtech by beating the #1 and #2 team, sucks that they are playing at the exact time.

broncofan303
10-11-2005, 09:18 PM
They better win especially becuz i'm going to that game
PLZ DONT GET A BLOW OUT ND

OMG...a game in South Bend? that's sweeeet!! Later in my life I would love to go to a game down there, this is huge for you especailly against the #1 team...HAVE FUN..

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I live in South Bend :D so i usually go to at least 2 games a year

Jared
10-12-2005, 02:27 PM
This is like picking the lesser of two evils (which is like voting, but I digress......)

I would love to see ND win (I feel unclean just for saying that), simply because I think the BCS needs to be screwed up in order for anyone to realize how stupid it is. When you have an undefeated team, it is hard to argue that they don't belong in a BCS game.

But if you have 3 or 4 one-loss teams, then the BCS system falls apart, and no one is ever happy.

But alas, I think USC simply has too much talent on offense to lose to ND, as tough as it will be in South Bend.

(ugh, did I just pick USC to win right after wishing for a ND win? I must go flay myself 100 times as penance.)

West
10-12-2005, 04:55 PM
Geez...that's awesome, getting free buffaloes gear, any free jerseys and stuff?

I don't know about you but I'm pumped for a the Texass game, both my teams can bring up Vtech by beating the #1 and #2 team, sucks that they are playing at the exact time.
Yea free gear. I'm not really worried about free jerseys, I just want hats, shirts and anything else. If I had to get a jersey it'd be Chris Brown's but whatever.

wow this is a surprise, more people pick ND to beat USC than USC beating ND. 9-8.

BVP
10-12-2005, 05:14 PM
USC will win in the shootout.

Sevenis7
10-12-2005, 06:16 PM
USC will win in the shootout.

Hate to break the news to you, BVP, but the only team doing the shooting will be SC. Yes, Arizona was more difficult than most people expected, but it was only because SC is already thinking about beating Notre Dame.

When he got hired as USC's football coach, Pete Carroll said that his priorities were to beat Notre Dame and to beat UCLA. He'll have them ready for the Irish.

On a side note, Notre Dame deserves to be pummeled for how shabbily they treated Ty Willingham and how the media/the university still maligns him whenever they compare him to Charlie Weiss. Blatant racists.

West
10-12-2005, 07:05 PM
On a side note, Notre Dame deserves to be pummeled for how shabbily they treated Ty Willingham and how the media/the university still maligns him whenever they compare him to Charlie Weiss. Blatant racists.
Great great great great paragraph.

Calif. Bronco
10-12-2005, 11:45 PM
Well...I did not vote because I really don't know, but let me say as a USC fan I am extremely nervous about this game. It has nothing to do with last week (I was at that game and SC just took them too lightly - no big deal - the game was never in jeopardy.) It has more to do with me having watched USC for about 30 years and seeing some very talented Trojan teams get beaten in South Bend over the years. I know every year is different but we just have not had much luck there, 2 years ago notwithstanding of course.

ElRaider24
10-12-2005, 11:51 PM
USC is gonna win .... Norte Dame might put up a good show and they are obviously improved under Coach Wiesssssss but... Weis isnt That good.

USC three time national champions... comin right up.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-13-2005, 05:37 AM
Hate to break the news to you, BVP, but the only team doing the shooting will be SC. Yes, Arizona was more difficult than most people expected, but it was only because SC is already thinking about beating Notre Dame.

When he got hired as USC's football coach, Pete Carroll said that his priorities were to beat Notre Dame and to beat UCLA. He'll have them ready for the Irish.

ND made a good move by firing ty and hiring wies. If u've watched ND play last year u would definitaly know the difference in performance compared to this year (offensively). Weis knows what he's doing being in a couple of super bowls and hopefully will pull out a win against USC. :fight:

thesaint
10-13-2005, 05:57 AM
ND made a good move by firing ty and hiring wies.

Because Notre Dame is a football school...not an academic institution...right? :rolleyes:

TXBRONC
10-13-2005, 06:32 AM
USC is gonna win .... Norte Dame might put up a good show and they are obviously improved under Coach Wiesssssss but... Weis isnt That good.

USC three time national champions... comin right up.

What? Wies has two or three SuperBowl Rings as offensive co-ordinator. The man knows his stuff. That being said as USC fan I still think that the Trojans will beat the the Golden Domers. I do however expect it be a close game.

Chiefs4TheWin
10-13-2005, 08:11 AM
I'm Hoping Notre Dame so my Hokies can get into that 1-2 spot.

alan
10-13-2005, 12:33 PM
ND of course-ive put the fight song on my ipod so i can get in the mood,USC aint goina now what hit them when brady quinn steps up to pass. lets go irish lets be brutaly efficient. as for shootout talk,maybe but ND is goina come away with a 2 score win

thesaint
10-13-2005, 12:57 PM
ND of course-ive put the fight song on my ipod so i can get in the mood,USC aint goina now what hit them when brady quinn steps up to pass. lets go irish lets be brutaly efficient. as for shootout talk,maybe but ND is goina come away with a 2 score win

Depends on what they're competing in, I guess...

http://img315.imageshack.us/img315/827/weiseats3hm.jpg

Sevenis7
10-13-2005, 12:59 PM
ND made a good move by firing ty and hiring wies. If u've watched ND play last year u would definitaly know the difference in performance compared to this year (offensively). Weis knows what he's doing being in a couple of super bowls and hopefully will pull out a win against USC. :fight:

Willingham was never given an opportunity to truly succeed. In the first place, ND didn't want to hire him, but due to the political environment at the time, felt compelled to give a black coach an opportunity. So, right off the back, Ty is MADE TO APPEAR unqualified (ie, he was only hired b/c he's black). Next, he takes an abysmal program and turns it around the very next year winning 10 (?) games. What does the media say? "Oh, he had the last coach's players..." Funny, how the media doesn't say that about Weiss (who's playing w/players Ty recruited). If you believe them, it's all his doing for their record. Lastly, when they unceremoniously dumped Willingham (to go for Urban Meyer whom they couldn't get anyhow), it was THE FIRST TIME ANY ND football coach was not allowed to complete his contract. Which begs the question: Would they have treated him any better if he was White?

broncofan303
10-13-2005, 01:28 PM
Willingham was never given an opportunity to truly succeed. In the first place, ND didn't want to hire him, but due to the political environment at the time, felt compelled to give a black coach an opportunity. So, right off the back, Ty is MADE TO APPEAR unqualified (ie, he was only hired b/c he's black). Next, he takes an abysmal program and turns it around the very next year winning 10 (?) games. What does the media say? "Oh, he had the last coach's players..." Funny, how the media doesn't say that about Weiss (who's playing w/players Ty recruited). If you believe them, it's all his doing for their record. Lastly, when they unceremoniously dumped Willingham (to go for Urban Meyer whom they couldn't get anyhow), it was THE FIRST TIME ANY ND football coach was not allowed to complete his contract. Which begs the question: Would they have treated him any better if he was White?

Yes!

As a ND fan, I'm not going to stand up for them because firing Ty the way they did was just awful... In the history of Notre Dame, they've allowed all of their coaches to ATLEAST finish their contracts, why not for Willingham?

Oh well, the past is the past, Weiss is our coach now, yes it was racists for Ty, and ND is going to give SC all they can handle..

GO IRISH!!

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-13-2005, 06:33 PM
They hired Weis because he was and is the better football coach hands down. I mean who would u rather have as a coach Weis or Ty?

Calif. Bronco
10-14-2005, 09:27 AM
They hired Weis because he was and is the better football coach hands down. I mean who would u rather have as a coach Weis or Ty?

As of right now, I would agree that Weis is looking better. But let's not cement that yet - remember the start Ty had in his first season at N.D.
:coffee:

thesaint
10-14-2005, 01:10 PM

Well at the time Ty was hired, remember that Notre Dame was in the midst of the O'Leary scandal. Ty bailed them out and ran a sparkling clean program. No, he didnt have as much success on the field as the Domers would like but as long as their academic restrictions remain...he did ok.

Youre hyping Weis after what 6 games? The fact is with the restrictions on recruiting and the academic standards Notre Dame will never win like they used to. Weis may be a decent coach...although we have yet to see him recruit...but if you think Notre Dame is going to contend for championships every year like back in the day...I've got some property to sell you...

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-14-2005, 04:20 PM
Gonna go to the pep rally today w00t GO IRISH BEAT USC

GridironChamp
10-14-2005, 08:21 PM
Gonna go to the pep rally today w00t GO IRISH BEAT USC

You say this, and say this, but its not gonna change the fact

THAT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!

Kapaibro
10-14-2005, 08:29 PM
I think if the Irish can go out hard in the first half, and keep it up into the 2nd half when USC seems only to come out and play, they'll have a damn fine chance.

USC can not keep giving up so many 1st half points, sooner or later they'll get spanked for it, and I think ND is the team to hold the paddle.

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 08:53 PM
I think USC wins this game but it will be close.

broncofan303
10-14-2005, 09:08 PM
I think if the Irish can go out hard in the first half, and keep it up into the 2nd half when USC seems only to come out and play, they'll have a damn fine chance.

USC can not keep giving up so many 1st half points, sooner or later they'll get spanked for it, and I think ND is the team to hold the paddle.

Great point...I think USC has trailed in like 3 games this year, but still managed to blow teams out by 2 or more TD's...if they allow ND to get up, ND WILL stay up..

I think Carroll is going to have these guys ready for the first half (for once) against ND, this could be scary for ND, but I think that as long as ND scores a TD on every chance they get in the redzone, ND will take this one close...

GO IRISH!!!

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 09:12 PM
Great point...I think USC has trailed in like 3 games this year, but still managed to blow teams out by 2 or more TD's...if they allow ND to get up, ND WILL stay up..

I think Carroll is going to have these guys ready for the first half (for once) against ND, this could be scary for ND, but I think that as long as ND scores a TD on every chance they get in the redzone, ND will take this one close...

GO IRISH!!!

To me the fact that USC has come back and just barely won those games but ended up taking those teams to the wood shed tell me that they don't panic and they find a way to adjust.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-15-2005, 11:37 AM
You say this, and say this, but its not gonna change the fact

THAT IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN!!!
I could care less wat u say because
THE IRISH >USC

jtwomey07
10-15-2005, 01:43 PM
14-14 right now. Go ND!

Booher
10-15-2005, 01:49 PM
What a play go notre dame.....hook va tech up!

Nightwing
10-15-2005, 01:51 PM
That was one hell of a punt return

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 01:52 PM
I could care less wat u say because
THE IRISH >USC

Whos renked number 1???? :confused: \

thats right it's USC, so i guess

USC >>>>>>>>>>> NOTRE DYKES

Booher
10-15-2005, 02:02 PM
Great play irish D!

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 02:12 PM
Great play irish D!

They're going to win this... ;) ...everything looking great in SOUTH BEND... wish I could say the same in Texass...

Booher
10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
They're going to win this... ;) ...everything looking great in SOUTH BEND... wish I could say the same in Texass...

yea me 2..then tech could be #1. :D

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 02:14 PM
HUGE hit, USC has been down at halftime for the past 3 weeks, its just what they do.

Come out and go down, then they come out really strong in the 2nd

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 02:17 PM
HUGE hit, USC has been down at halftime for the past 3 weeks, its just what they do.

Come out and go down, then they come out really strong in the 2nd

They've actually played their best first half of the year..scary thing is that ND making big plays, and its not going to stop...

Maybe Texas would be #1 and VTech #2? hmm..

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 02:19 PM
They've actually played their best first half of the year..scary thing is that ND making big plays, and its not going to stop...

Doubt it, USC will come out of Halftime like a savage beast like they have this year. But ND is playing alot better than expected so far, but the game is long long long time from over

Texas #2
VT #3
USC (still) #1

Booher
10-15-2005, 02:19 PM

I'm sure the first place votes would not all go to one or the other...Keep it up golden domers.

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 02:35 PM
ND going up at half, but is that unusual for USC? nah they will come back in the 2nd like they always do.

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 03:29 PM
21 all 3rd quarter

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 03:52 PM
ND scores here, its over...

GO IRISH!!

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 03:53 PM
Go ND! I got a good price on ND! Heya Jaws!

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:00 PM
Go ND! I got a good price on ND! Heya Jaws!

Hey Kapai, hope you make yourself a nice fortune tonight!

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:11 PM
So do I mate! So do I!

How's your weekend going?

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:15 PM
So do I mate! So do I!

How's your weekend going?

Not so bad, had a haircut this morning and did some shopping.

My soccer team Liverpool won today in the league, I hope this is a good omen for tomorrow!

Can't wait for the game tommorrow. Do you get to see any NFL over there in Spain. They're showing the Fins game here tommorrow, (my son's team), so I'll watch that with him. It should be a nice appetizer and will pass time till before the BIG one!

GRR @ Trojans score!!!

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:20 PM
I know, I just saw, 28-24! Bastards!

As I work for a sportsbook, we have all the TV channels you can get in Europe, but tonight they are showing the Baseball playoffs, Astros v Cards 4-2 to the Astros.
Maybe getting some college later tonight, but I'd have thought we'd get the USC game. :duh:

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:23 PM
I know, I just saw, 28-24! Bastards!

As I work for a sportsbook, we have all the TV channels you can get in Europe, but tonight they are showing the Baseball playoffs, Astros v Cards 4-2 to the Astros.
Maybe getting some college later tonight, but I'd have thought we'd get the USC game. :duh:

Sound like a good job you have there, although it will be better once the baseball season is over I should imagine!

I'm getting this game over on the stream site tonight.

WOO HOO TD! :D

Booher
10-15-2005, 04:24 PM
There ya go!...Irish is now up!

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:25 PM
Yeeha! 31-28!!!! Go defense!

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 04:26 PM
There ya go!...Irish is now up!

WOO HOO!!

31-28..

too much time left though...2:04...

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
Yeeha! 31-28!!!! Go defense!

I hope they can hang on!

I was going to have an early night, but it's impossible to leave this game.

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:27 PM
We get all the scores as soon as they fin, so I should run a scoreboard service! :D

Don't mind the BB all that much, the NBA gets boring as f**k!

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:30 PM
We get all the scores as soon as they fin, so I should run a scoreboard service! :D

Don't mind the BB all that much, the NBA gets boring as f**k!

I lost interest a bit when the Red Sox went out, but I prefer it to NBA too. My kid's a miami heat nut though so I'll probably be watching a bit of basketball throughout the winter.

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:31 PM
god I wish we had the tv coverage! we are run off our feet atm, as all the college scores come in.

Astros win 3-4

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:37 PM
:mad: Final play and USC get a TD! :ugh:

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:37 PM
bugger :mad:

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 04:38 PM
:mad: Final play and USC get a TD! :ugh:

Sickening..shouldn't the ball been at the 3? He fumbled it back???

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Sickening..shouldn't the ball been at the 3? He fumbled it back???

Yeah, it's all very confusing!

For a moment it looked like ND had won! :(

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:40 PM
there's a 15 yard penalty...... what's going on?

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Yeah, it's all very confusing!

For a moment it looked like ND had won! :(

I knew the pac 10 officiating would get in the way...besides that bs personal foul penatly on the Irish, they called it fair..until NOW..

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:41 PM
Leinart you ball-room dancing bastard!

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:43 PM
Leinart you ball-room dancing bastard!

Lol yeah, perhaps Brady Quinn should take up dancing, that must be the winning secret!

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 04:43 PM
There was personal fouls on both teams.

USC go so lucky Lienert he fumbled and the ball went OB.

Reggie Bush committed a penalty on the last play, but it is a penalty that is never called. He pushed Lienert in on the Sneak but like i said very rarely called.

REGGIE BUSH FOR HIESMEN!!!!

BTW i told ya'll USC was gonna win ;)

jtwomey07
10-15-2005, 04:45 PM
ND got screwed. When you fumble the ball backwards doesn't the clock keep going?

thesaint
10-15-2005, 04:46 PM
ND got screwed. When you fumble the ball backwards doesn't the clock keep going?

No the ball went out of bounds.

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 04:47 PM
Apparently he's doing it cos his GF wants them to dance proper at their wedding! :sick:

Jaws
10-15-2005, 04:51 PM
Apparently he's doing it cos his GF wants them to dance proper at their wedding! :sick:

Oh dear! Sounds like she's the one that will be wearing the trousers round at their house lol !

Kapaibro
10-15-2005, 05:06 PM
Is it just me, or does it appear as if the mindset is....

"My boyfriend is a good footballer, I'm holding on for dear life! He might go pro!"
How much $hit would a girl put up with to stay with the potential NFL player? :confused:

TXBRONC
10-15-2005, 05:09 PM

No not if goes out of bounds which it clearly did.

Calif. Bronco
10-15-2005, 05:20 PM
28 in a row!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (but GD was this one close :ugh: )

Fight On!!!!!!!

Now, back to the issue at hand - let's hope Weis' former boss has the same result tomorrow at Invesco :beer:

Bronco_f1
10-15-2005, 05:22 PM
They had it, they had it and they lost it. Man, that must really hurt to the ND team. They could have won it before the 4th down pass that Leinart made for 60-something yards. They could have won it again if Leinart did not fumble. ND should have won, but we know now that they are for real.

Calif. Bronco
10-15-2005, 05:24 PM
but we know now that they are for real.

Agreed - they remind me a lot of SC in Carroll's second year - an excellent team who lost two close games. I fear the Irish may be on their way back.

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 06:05 PM
No the ball went out of bounds.

Yeah the time should of stopped(like it did) but after watching several replays of that play, the refs did their best without instant replay...it looked like the ball went out at the 1 1/2 yard line (I said 3 earlier, but I stand corrected)...BUT they marked it at the 1/2 yard line...HUGE difference....

oh well, what can you do? It sucks, I know (I've had a rough day, Buffs then Irish, hopefully not broncos)...but life goes on...

alan
10-15-2005, 06:20 PM
awwwwwwwwww man usc won again ,and on the last play its ok irish will fight back and win the rest of their games.glad to see theres so many irish fans here

Buff_bronc_fan
10-15-2005, 06:50 PM
Man, that's one of the best ending's too a college football game that I have ever seen. How clutch is Leinart? I'm on the band wagon...

aberdien
10-15-2005, 08:30 PM
...I hate USC so bad.

Notre Dame shouldn't drop much in the rankings.

West
10-15-2005, 08:33 PM
I am now sold on Reggie Bush beign #1 overall on April 23rd. That kid is the real deal.

I thought it was a penalty to help push a player into the endzone. :confused:

West
10-15-2005, 08:34 PM
...I hate USC so bad.

Notre Dame shouldn't drop much in the rankings.
A loss is a loss, they take every loss as if it was a 55-10 blowout. Notre Dame's will be looked at the same way as Colorado's against Texas.

broncofan303
10-15-2005, 08:48 PM
I am now sold on Reggie Bush beign #1 overall on April 23rd. That kid is the real deal.

It sure is a penalty..but with the game on the line and pac10 officials...they're not going to call it...

West
10-15-2005, 08:49 PM
It sure is a penalty..but with the game on the line and pac10 officials...they're not going to call it...
I guess i'm the only one noticing it when it's going down because noone mentions it on the tube.

Momentum
10-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Leinart proved today that he is everything Ive said he is and more. The guy has the will to win, and the tools and drive to do it. Im not going to make a big "told you so" paragrapgh, instead Im going to go watch the highlight for the 7th time and buy his jersey online. :D

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 10:04 PM

It is a penalty, but no refs ever call that penalty on the Offense. Now if a defensive player chips a blocker off a pile it is almost always called. So the point is that some penaltie get called others dont, just happens that this one didnt, and im happy it didnt :beer:

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 10:06 PM
Leinart proved today that he is everything Ive said he is and more. The guy has the will to win, and the tools and drive to do it. Im not going to make a big "told you so" paragrapgh, instead Im going to go watch the highlight for the 7th time and buy his jersey online. :D

DONT BUY A LIENERT JERSEY. HE is the only reason the game was so close. HE had the worst game of his career as a starting QB, and almost cost the game on many occasions. He does have the will to win, but he couldnt evade any sack attemts (no mattter how pathetic the attempt was) or couldnt hit the braod sid of a barn with a football before the last drive.
\
Wanna get a good jersey, get #5 for USC, Reggie Bush ;)

mrsolo
10-16-2005, 12:42 AM

He had better buy Reggie Bush dinner for the rest of the season, and maybe a car afterwards. Reggie Bush saved his butt that game. He even pushed him in, and I believe that should be a penalty, but I don't have any documentation to prove it.

plummer13
10-16-2005, 01:03 AM
undefinedundefined
go USC THE GREATES THEM IN NCAA

broncofan303
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Wanna get a good jersey, get #5 for USC, Reggie Bush ;)

He is incredible, but probably the most underrated guy on that team is LenDale White, he doesn't get enough credit for what he does, I think LenDale is going to be phenomenal as a pro...White is the flash, speed guy its easy to notice him, but LenDale is more of the LT type...

GridironChamp
10-16-2005, 09:05 AM
He is incredible, but probably the most underrated guy on that team is LenDale White, he doesn't get enough credit for what he does, I think LenDale is going to be phenomenal as a pro...White is the flash, speed guy its easy to notice him, but LenDale is more of the LT type...

Ya White's good, but he did have a horrible game today. White needs to learn how to make something out of nothing. I see him to much, get 2 yds or less than that without even trying to make a move or cut or anything. Bush on the other hand, the few times he does get tackled for 2 yds or less he is trying to make it around the defense or cut and slash across it or juke them.

If White can start getting less 2yd or less carries then it'll give him a better chance to be a great player.

BroncoRT
10-16-2005, 09:09 AM

Even if you have a RB, you draft this guy #!. I have heard comparisons of him to Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, and Barry Sanders. Every time he touches the ball magic happens. Guys like him come around about every decade or two. :coffee:

GridironChamp
10-16-2005, 09:21 AM
Even if you have a RB, you draft this guy #!. I have heard comparisons of him to Gale Sayers, Marshall Faulk, and Barry Sanders. Every time he touches the ball magic happens. Guys like him come around about every decade or two. :coffee:

Ya the only difference here, is he catches the ball as good as some WRs, which makes him even that much better.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-16-2005, 01:29 PM
After coming back from the game yesterday 2 words FUN GAME even if the irish lost it was exciting till the end. After the game my cuz and i went to houlihans 2 words GOOD FOOD!

Snk16
10-16-2005, 02:51 PM
Twas a bogus call at the end.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-16-2005, 02:53 PM
Yais its shwas

Buff_bronc_fan
10-16-2005, 03:03 PM
After coming back from the game yesterday 2 words FUN GAME even if the irish lost it was exciting till the end. After the game my cuz and i went to houlihans 2 words GOOD FOOD!

Man if you were in South Bend yesterday you may not realize the magnitude of the game you saw there. That is an instant college football classic, especially given all the players that will be in the NFL one day. Then again, maybe you do realize... But either way, unbelievable game.

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-16-2005, 03:45 PM
Of course i relized i just made that post to lighten up the fact that nd lost

Calif. Bronco
10-16-2005, 10:15 PM
Twas a bogus call at the end.

What was bogus? He fumbled out of bounds, the ref made the universal signal to stop the clock, the South Bend timekeeper chose to ignore him and run the clock down to 0:00 giving the fans the false impression that the game was over, Leinert snuck it in from the 1 and SC won. Where is the bogus call?

broncofan303
10-16-2005, 10:20 PM
What was bogus? He fumbled out of bounds, the ref made the universal signal to stop the clock, the South Bend timekeeper chose to ignore him and run the clock down to 0:00 giving the fans the false impression that the game was over, Leinert snuck it in from the 1 and SC won. Where is the bogus call?

Without replay, they made the right call...I'd prefer they they mark it back a little bit, seemed like they marked it where he fumbled not where the ball flew out..it was a matter of less than a yard, but those couple of feet could of made a huge difference.. Also Reggie Bush cheated, you can admit that, but that call is rarely called...

Yes I am bummed, but thank God the Broncos won, eases the pain a little bit, but both fans should be proud of their team, we witnessed probably one of the best games ever...

GOOD LUCK SC..

Calif. Bronco
10-16-2005, 10:43 PM
Also Reggie Bush cheated, you can admit that, but that call is rarely called...

Yes I am bummed, but thank God the Broncos won,
GOOD LUCK SC..

OK - I chopped your quote so I can deal with only these - hope that's OK :beer:

First, of course Bush cheated and of course that is rarely, if ever, called. It reminds me of Darrents punt return against San Diego in game 2 that was called back. Technically the Broncos violated the rules when Alexander went out on the field, but since it's never called then players get used to being able to do it. It's the same with Bush. Since it's never called then players will (rightfully) think they can do it.

I agree about Denver. I love SC because they're my alma mater, but I am a much bigger Bronco fan and to see them do what they did today against such a quality opponent was awesome.

As an SC fan, thanks for the wish of luck. :beer: I know this streak will end sooner rather than later, but it's been fun.

badintentions
10-30-2005, 11:28 PM
this was the best damn game i ever saw