PDA

View Full Version : Brady Quinn.... possible #1 overall pick?

Momentum
10-13-2005, 03:24 PM
Here are Matt Leinart's numbers through 5 games in 2004 (when he won the award) and Brady Quinn's through the first 5 games of 2005:

Matt Leinart: 1,187 yards (237 per) 63% 10 TD and 3 INT's
Brady Quinn: 1,621 yards (324 per) 65% 13 TD and 3 INT's

-nfldraftcountdown.com

After this weekend, its very possible that he will set himself up to be the #1 pick next year :eek: .

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 06:14 PM
-nfldraftcountdown.com

After this weekend, its very possible that he could indeed leapfrog Leinart :eek: .

No one from Notre Dame comes out early....

Notre Dame is a top academic college....so I would think the players consider getting their degrees just in case foobtall doesnt work out. I have not seen anyone come out early from Notre Dame.

but I do think Brady Quinn could possibly be the #1 QB taken next year....maybe even the #1 pick. I also think that depends if what type of season Brian Brohm has next year and if he comes out.

TXBRONC
10-13-2005, 06:18 PM
-nfldraftcountdown.com

After this weekend, its very possible that he could indeed leapfrog Leinart :eek: .

Even if Quinn has great game it would take Leinart nose diving for Quinn to leapfrog him.

OhNoKoolAid
10-13-2005, 06:19 PM
No one from Notre Dame comes out early....

Notre Dame is a top academic college....so I would think the players consider getting their degrees just in case foobtall doesnt work out. I have not seen anyone come out early from Notre Dame.

but I do think Brady Quinn could possibly be the #1 QB taken next year....maybe even the #1 pick. I also think that depends if what type of season Brian Brohm has next year and if he comes out.

Oh man do I love Brian Brohm, but that will be next year's debate...

BroncoBailey024
10-13-2005, 06:32 PM
Why are all these draft threads up the nfl season is barely 1/4 over.

And the college season isnt close to over either.

It is way to early to be making predtictions. :coffee:

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-13-2005, 06:43 PM
If Quinn was to go number 1 i will personally drop my pants and run around the city hollaring like a crazy man..... Maybe if he was to play in the NFL he would be drafted in the 2nd round at the most.

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 06:48 PM
i havent seen him much...

my whole point of my post was that NO ONE comes out early from Notre Dame....specifically for academic reasons.

PsychoChicken
10-13-2005, 07:10 PM
I love Brian Brohm him like a son. (see sig)

Anyway, Quinn will not be leap-frogging Leinart. A junior with one below average year, one good year, and one great year doesn't just jump over a 5th year senior with three great years, a Heisman, and all the tools needed for the NFL.

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 07:13 PM
I love Brian Brohm him like a son. (see sig)

Anyway, Quinn will not be leap-frogging Leinart. A junior with one below average year, one good year, and one great year doesn't just jump over a 5th year senior with three great years, a Heisman, and all the tools needed for the NFL.

and Brady Quinn wont be coming out this year.....even though he is a Junior. no one comes out of Notre Dame.

Do any of you think the Texans will take Leinert? (they have the #1 pick so far) or will they trade down to take a OT? I think they'll trade down and the Cardianls will end up with Leinert.

PsychoChicken
10-13-2005, 07:22 PM
and Brady Quinn wont be coming out this year.....even though he is a Junior. no one comes out of Notre Dame.

Do any of you think the Texans will take Leinert? (they have the #1 pick so far) or will they trade down to take a OT? I think they'll trade down and the Cardianls will end up with Leinert.
An OT is an absolute must-have for the Texans. I think they are a lock to take D'Brickashaw Ferguson as they will finish with a worse record than the Browns. I can't think of any way the Texans would not draft an LT. If they have the #1 pick, they'll have to show major interest in Leinart in order to trade down. It'll take a good act. Otherwise, the team at #2 will have the more valuable pick.

Cardinals seem like a good fit for Leinart. He'd have it much better than Alex Smith; he would have two great receivers and Leonard Davis. I'm pretty sure he'll go to Miami, though. However, I believe Leinart could also wind up in either Arizona, New Orleans, or Detroit.

OhNoKoolAid
10-13-2005, 07:31 PM
An OT is an absolute must-have for the Texans. I think they are a lock to take D'Brickashaw Ferguson as they will finish with a worse record than the Browns. I can't think of any way the Texans would not draft an LT. If they have the #1 pick, they'll have to show major interest in Leinart in order to trade down. It'll take a good act. Otherwise, the team at #2 will have the more valuable pick.

Cardinals seem like a good fit for Leinart. He'd have it much better than Alex Smith; he would have two great receivers and Leonard Davis. I'm pretty sure he'll go to Miami, though. However, I believe Leinart could also wind up in either Arizona, New Orleans, or Detroit.

Ferguson is the best PASS blocker since Walter Jones came out of Florida State. In fact, the two are nearly identitical. If the Texans target LT as their main need, and they should, I don't know how you could trade down without gauranteeing they will get their guy. Ferguson was a runored top three pick last year, I believe the same applies. This could be a rare year an LT goes first overall. I don't think they have much of a choice, unless they are willing to settle for McNeill or Justice later in the first, but Ferguson is far more advanced than everyone in pass blocking.

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 07:48 PM
Ferguson is the best PASS blocker since Walter Jones came out of Florida State. In fact, the two are nearly identitical. If the Texans target LT as their main need, and they should, I don't know how you could trade down without gauranteeing they will get their guy. Ferguson was a runored top three pick last year, I believe the same applies. This could be a rare year an LT goes first overall. I don't think they have much of a choice, unless they are willing to settle for McNeill or Justice later in the first, but Ferguson is far more advanced than everyone in pass blocking.

what I meant by trading down was still staying in the top 5.....and the only reason I said that was because OT's rarely go #1.....but it might be an exception this year.

PsychoChicken
10-13-2005, 07:53 PM
I completely agree. It has to be Ferguson. He's a pure LT. McNeill and Justice are more versatile and seem to fit the mold of either LT and RT, but Ferguson is the best LT in the draft, without a doubt.

An OT at #1 overall? It would be a lock if Houston continues to suck. I don't think Houston would even consider trading it, they'd just stay right there and pick Ferguson. I'd be surprised if the Texans drafted any fewer than three linemen (one tackle, two interior). They need some serious help.

Skywalker
10-13-2005, 07:55 PM
I completely agree. It has to be Ferguson. He's a pure LT. McNeill and Justice are more versatile and seem to fit the mold of either LT and RT, but Ferguson is the best LT in the draft, without a doubt.

An OT at #1 overall? It would be a lock if Houston continues to suck. I don't think Houston would even consider trading it, they'd just stay right there and pick Ferguson. I'd be surprised if the Texans drafted any fewer than three linemen (one tackle, two interior). They need some serious help.

David Carr looks like a pretty good QB.....when he isnt running for his life and actually has time to throw to Andre Johnson....who would be a top WR if his QB had time to throw the ball to him.

who are the best G's in the draft?

OhNoKoolAid
10-13-2005, 08:00 PM
David Carr looks like a pretty good QB.....when he isnt running for his life and actually has time to throw to Andre Johnson....who would be a top WR if his QB had time to throw the ball to him.

Max Jean-Gilles of Georgia and Davin Joseph of Oklahoma. Joseph is more athletic and versatile and probably has a higher ceiling. Jean-Gilles is just a massive road grater, but his feet are above average.

PsychoChicken
10-13-2005, 08:06 PM

My favorite is Max Jean-Gilles, the monster in Georgia. He's 6-4, 340 and really, really mean (in football). He's the kind of o-lineman any team would love to have. I wouldn't mind seeing him here in Denver as long as it is not a first round pick. He doesn't fit the Denver mold, but the Denver mold hasn't been working as well since Alex Gibbs left. George Foster turned out pretty good for us, so why not this Georgia lineman?

There's also Davin Joseph of Oklahoma, who is about 30 pounds lighter than Jean-Gilles. He's playing tackle right now but he should be a guard in the NFL. He's much more athletic than Jean-Gilles and Oklahoma has a history of producing good linemen; Jammal Brown likely being the latest. I haven't seen him enough to have a solid opinion, though.

I could imagine either one going to Houston with the first pick of the second round.

Two Denver-type interior linemen in the draft are Minnesota's OG Mark Setterstrom and C Greg Eslinger. Many people on this board like Eslinger as the replacement for Nalen (though he'd have to play LG, since former Minnesota alumni BenHamilton will play C).

mrsolo
10-14-2005, 05:30 AM
-nfldraftcountdown.com

Not likely. :coffee:

Momentum
10-14-2005, 06:11 AM
what I meant by trading down was still staying in the top 5.....and the only reason I said that was because OT's rarely go #1.....but it might be an exception this year.

You people have got to get over this hardon you have for trading down..

Momentum
10-14-2005, 06:13 AM
Not likely. :coffee:

*smacks himself*

I still havent added you to my ignore list... :D

mrsolo
10-14-2005, 10:51 AM
*smacks himself*

I still havent added you to my ignore list... :D

Why, because I disagreed with you without saying something bad about Quinn? Leinart is more proven. The only way he gets passed by Quinn is if he gets hurt.

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 06:49 PM
Why, because I disagreed with you without saying something bad about Quinn? Leinart is more proven. The only way he gets passed by Quinn is if he gets hurt.

There is one other way Leinart isn't the number#1 overall pick in the draft. If for some reason he should nose dive which seriously doubt will happen. Also lets say Leinart gets hurt why would that automatically mean Quinn would become the most probable top pick in the draft? Should Leinart fall from "grace" Reggie Buch could easily take up the mantle of top pick in the draft.

mrsolo
10-15-2005, 11:58 AM
There is one other way Leinart isn't the number#1 overall pick in the draft. If for some reason he should nose dive which seriously doubt will happen. Also lets say Leinart gets hurt why would that automatically mean Quinn would become the most probable top pick in the draft? Should Leinart fall from "grace" Reggie Buch could easily take up the mantle of top pick in the draft.

Exactly. It really depends on what the team with the first pick is looking for, but it would be awfully hard to pass on Bush.

GridironChamp
10-15-2005, 02:52 PM
there are 4 first rond QBs in the draft, Lienhert, Young, Quinn, and Omar Jacobs.

All have a big upside so it all depends.

RebelSyxx
10-18-2005, 08:01 PM
Is Brian Brohm the Brother of former Bronco Qb Jeff Brohm?

PsychoChicken
10-18-2005, 08:08 PM
Is Brian Brohm the Brother of former Bronco Qb Jeff Brohm?
He sure is, although Jeff wasn't here for a very long time. Now he's the QB coach for Louisville. His father, Oscar, and another brother, Greg, also played for Louisville. The Brohms are like the Mannings of Louisville football.

Nevermind Brian Brohm though, we'll talk about who takes him first overall either next year or the year after that.