PDA

View Full Version : draft picks

bendele25
10-13-2005, 07:54 PM
this might have already been asked but what other draft picks does denver have for 2006 that we traded for?

OhNoKoolAid
10-13-2005, 08:06 PM
I tried to find a definitive answer for you just briefly, but came up with nothing, unless you count the atrocious mock draft on About.com done yesterday that includes players already out for the season...

I believe we have our 1, Washington's 1, our 2, our 3, Washington's 3, and then most of our second day picks except the pick dealt for Sauerbrun I believe, but I'm not sure wat that pick was off the top of my head.

PsychoChicken
10-13-2005, 08:10 PM
I tried to find a definitive answer for you just briefly, but came up with nothing, unless you count the atrocious mock draft on About.com done yesterday that includes players already out for the season...

I believe we have our 1, Washington's 1, our 2, our 3, Washington's 3, and then most of our second day picks except the pick dealt for Sauerbrun I believe, but I'm not sure wat that pick was off the top of my head.
And there should be some second day compensatory picks for Hayward, Kennedy, and Herndon.

OhNoKoolAid
10-13-2005, 08:22 PM
And there should be some second day compensatory picks for Hayward, Kennedy, and Herndon.

Right, but those are up in air. I would hope that Hayward could fetch us a third rounder, and would, if pressures were factored into their performance "formulas."

MileHighSpirit
10-13-2005, 08:28 PM
1st Round: 2 (Denver and Washington's)
2nd Round: 1
3rd Round: 1
4th Round: 2 (Denver and Washington's)
5th Round: 1
6th Round: 1
7th Round: 0 (Denver traded it for Sauerbraun)

We may also get two compensatory picks for Kenoy Kennedy (former 2nd round pick) and Reggie Hayward (former 3rd round pick). They will probably give us two picks at the end of the third round just like last year.

That will likely gives us 10 total selections; 6 of which are on the first day. :cool:

MileHighSpirit
10-13-2005, 08:30 PM
Right, but those are up in air. I would hope that Hayward could fetch us a third rounder, and would, if pressures were factored into their performance "formulas."

If I'm right, where the player was drafted is a big part of the compensatory formula. Kennedy was a 2nd rounder, and Hayward is producing enough sacks that they will likely both give us late 3rd round picks.

bendele25
10-14-2005, 09:55 AM
i thought it was something like that, but wasnt sure. thanx