PDA

View Full Version : skewed priorities



orang/blu in LA
12-05-2003, 09:30 AM
i've realized how football has completely skewed my priorities. first, i'm sick right now - high fever, can barely stand...and yet i'm on this board. second, i'm not going to work today, partly b/c i couldn't drive like this, but also b/c my reasoning was i need to rest so i can be better for SUNDAY. what's wrong with me?! AND i used to love friday nights and saturdays, but now i feel like they're JUST IN THE WAY. good grief. sorry i'm ranting. i'll blame it on the fever. go broncos.

LawDog
12-05-2003, 09:45 AM
No, your priorities are fine. That is what is great about football, 17+ weeks of concentrated mayhem. The rest of the year I follow sports much less intently. Baseball and Basketball are just too long to keep up the intensity - if I tried I would be divorced and living in a cardboard box somewhere.

Don't worry O/B in LA, Friday and Saturday will patiently await your return and welcome you back in February!

Feel better...

MSFORD11
12-05-2003, 09:53 AM
get well soon girl.

Javalon
12-05-2003, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
i've realized how football has completely skewed my priorities. first, i'm sick right now - high fever, can barely stand...and yet i'm on this board. second, i'm not going to work today, partly b/c i couldn't drive like this, but also b/c my reasoning was i need to rest so i can be better for SUNDAY. what's wrong with me?! AND i used to love friday nights and saturdays, but now i feel like they're JUST IN THE WAY. good grief. sorry i'm ranting. i'll blame it on the fever. go broncos.

Yeah, I hope you get well soon. But it's nice to know that I'm not the only person with my priorities out of whack. :D

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2003, 10:32 AM
thanks everyone! all i can say is thank god for the NFL network - as it gives me something to watch all day. there's something very comforting about the sounds of football in the background as you drift off to la-la-land. of course right now it seems like they're doing a whole show on the wonders of peyton manning, which would give me nightmares if i fell asleep to that..... ;)

orangenblue420
12-05-2003, 11:24 AM
Get better soon girlie!!!!!!!!!

And I know how you feel about priorities. I am on this board WAY too much. I interrupt work all the time to post and I know I shouldnt, but its addictive, ya know.


I try not to work Sunday or Monday nights at the restaurant cause I dont wanna miss any part of a game. (This Sunday is gonna be tough, cause I have to work and I will have to keep my cool, which is going to be very, very difficult. I am very outspoken, to say the least, when the Broncos are on TV) On top of that, everyone knows what a big fan I am and they constantly rag me when they lose, which isnt so bad the following day, but I dont know how I am going to take it during a game.........Let's just all pray I dont lose my second job over this (but then again, it hasnt been all that great tip wise there, so F it.....LOL)

Well, I will shut up myself...............you get better soon.

Jared
12-05-2003, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
thanks everyone! all i can say is thank god for the NFL network - as it gives me something to watch all day. there's something very comforting about the sounds of football in the background as you drift off to la-la-land. of course right now it seems like they're doing a whole show on the wonders of peyton manning, which would give me nightmares if i fell asleep to that..... ;)


YOU HAVE THE NFL NETWORK!???

I am playing hooky one of these days and driving up I-5 to visit!


hahahahah

Orange&Blue
12-05-2003, 12:20 PM
Hope you get better soon!

orang/blu in LA
12-05-2003, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by Jared
YOU HAVE THE NFL NETWORK!???

I am playing hooky one of these days and driving up I-5 to visit!


hahahahah

LOL. I love the NFL network. I just woke up from a nap to find them doing highlights of all the games before the broncos won the superbowl in 1998. they just showed the Chiefs game, now they're doing the Steelers game. i'm feeling slightly better just watching this. :)

Broncofan-13
12-06-2003, 03:22 PM
Your priorities are fine. little things like health and work arent important, as long as you have NFL sundays :P

BTW get well soon

orang/blu in LA
12-06-2003, 03:42 PM
thanks! This morning i had a fever of 103.8 - and in my delirium (unable to even sit up) all i could think was a) i'm going to die and b) i can't watch a football game like this! thank god my fever's down now. i was seriously losing my mind. i just can't wait until tomorrow, football will make me feel better.

Orange&Blue
12-07-2003, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
thanks! This morning i had a fever of 103.8 - and in my delirium (unable to even sit up) all i could think was a) i'm going to die and b) i can't watch a football game like this! thank god my fever's down now. i was seriously losing my mind. i just can't wait until tomorrow, football will make me feel better.

Hope you're feeling better, especially since we mauled them today! :cheers:

Orange&Blue
12-10-2003, 12:44 PM
Oh great. I think I'm getting the flu. I've got chills, a headache, and my legs feel like I've been running a marathon. That's what I get for not getting a flu shot.

orang/blu in LA
12-10-2003, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Oh great. I think I'm getting the flu. I've got chills, a headache, and my legs feel like I've been running a marathon. That's what I get for not getting a flu shot.

Oh no!! Yeah, i didn't get a flu shot either....ooops. all i can say is start pounding vitamins! i did that - though i AM convinced it was our win on sunday that really cured me. :) But rest! sleep! watch TV! Play video games! Darn, now i'm wisihing I was sick again.... ;)

Orange&Blue
12-10-2003, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
Oh no!! Yeah, i didn't get a flu shot either....ooops. all i can say is start pounding vitamins! i did that - though i AM convinced it was our win on sunday that really cured me. :) But rest! sleep! watch TV! Play video games! Darn, now i'm wisihing I was sick again.... ;)

Wow you make being sick sound like a lot of fun! :)

orang/blu in LA
12-10-2003, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Wow you make being sick sound like a lot of fun! :)

It can be... heehee. I once stayed home from work and couldn't do ANYTHING but lay on the couch. somehow though i ended up with enough energy to form an OBSESSION with Tiger Wood Golf. to this day, i hear the music in that game and i have flashbacks of my drifting in and out of consciousness, the controller in my hand the whole time.... It was actually a pretty good day, minus the fever.

Orange&Blue
12-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Tiger Wood Golf obsession; now that is funny! As much as I'd love to rest right now, I've got to some stuff that needs to get done.

Are you over your illness already? Man, my legs. I need a wheelchair.

orang/blu in LA
12-10-2003, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Orange&Blue
Tiger Wood Golf obsession; now that is funny! As much as I'd love to rest right now, I've got to some stuff that needs to get done.

Are you over your illness already? Man, my legs. I need a wheelchair.

I'm pretty much over it. i'm still coughing like a mad woman, but i feel MUCH better. wheelchairs... ah, yes, i could use one every now and then.... and a helicopter to get me to and from work. ;) You should rest as much as you can though, ward it off so you're healthy to watch FOOTBALL this weekend! (see, how messed up my priorities are?!).

Orange&Blue
12-10-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by orang/blu in LA
I'm pretty much over it. i'm still coughing like a mad woman, but i feel MUCH better. wheelchairs... ah, yes, i could use one every now and then.... and a helicopter to get me to and from work. ;) You should rest as much as you can though, ward it off so you're healthy to watch FOOTBALL this weekend! (see, how messed up my priorities are?!).

NOTHING is going to stop me from watching the Broncos this weekend. :) Actually, I'm surprised that I'm not having more severe symptoms. Aside from the minor headaches and muscle aches, I feel remarkably well. I'm not coughing and the chills are gone. Last night was a different story. My body couldn't decide if it was too hot or too cold.