PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day Thread: Week 6 2005 Patriots vs Denver

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Emancipator
10-10-2005, 10:41 PM
The Skins game has been played and won. Now, our focus turns toward the Patriots. This has to be our number 1 concern this week. I'm looking forward to this game more than any other game this month.

Our offense will have success, but our defense will be tested. Our D-Line has to get quick and good pressure on Brady. The Pats offense will have opportunities to pass against us (Champ Bailey will stop alot of that), but their defense is suspect to the passing game.

Look for Ashley Lelie to have a huge game. Ash will probably have 6-7 catches for over 120 yrds and a TD. Rod Smith should have a good game with 8-9 catches for 100 yrds and a TD. I'm proud of our 4-1 start and hope we can build on a good record. Plummer will show up and show off (in a positive way). Tatum and Anderson can combine for 150 yrds on the ground.

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-10-2005, 10:44 PM
broncos will win
i see it in my magic glass fortune ball

kappbroncofan
10-10-2005, 10:49 PM
Our D-Line has to get quick and good pressure on Brady

I think that this is the key...if we can do this we win!!!

bronopride45
10-10-2005, 10:52 PM
so i hope hes the leading rusher in this game. New England does look good, however i think with our D line holding down the run we can expect some turnovers from brady. I'm curious who will touch the ball more Bell (who had a great game agianst the skins) or Anderson whos been consistant.

Emancipator
10-10-2005, 10:56 PM
so i hope hes the leading rusher in this game. New England does look good, however i think with our D line holding down the run we can expect some turnovers from brady. I'm curious who will touch the ball more Bell (who had a great game agianst the skins) or Anderson whos been consistant.

First, let me welcome you to the boards. Hope you have a great experience here.
Although I'm pulling for Tatum to get more touches. Shannahan will use Anderson more. Brady isn't a turnover guy but we can create some as much as he loves to throw into the middle of the field, but it will be John Lynch and Nick Ferguson who will have the best opportunities for INTs this game.

MileHighStud
10-10-2005, 11:00 PM
Amen Emancipator!!!! I Love our D line and have high expectations in our O. However if both play against the Pats the way we did against the Skins, Then we are in trouble!! Our boys have what it takes to snatch a W from the Pats, So lets take it to 'em!!!!

MileHighStud
10-10-2005, 11:04 PM
Forgive me!! If our Run game can reproduce sundays attack then perhaps we should no doubt take them down!

bronopride45
10-10-2005, 11:06 PM
I know hes not a turnover guy, but hes thrown 4 this year and i have a feeling that our D lines goin to play hard because Brunnel had too much time in the pocket. Bradys a pocket guy too (although hes not suffering from arthritis due to old age like his elder Brunnel) so i think we're goin to play hard. Just a hunch :cheers:

husky71
10-11-2005, 05:26 AM
I've read several threads and multiple posts about the upcoming Sunday game and this is the 1st opponent MB where there is some concern about the outcome by more than a few posters. Most of the Patriots opponents' fans this season have felt that their team would win without equivocation. I thank the Bronco fans for being different from the rest.

I'm concerned about the Patriots D as most here in PatriotsNation are but even though our record doesn't reflect it, our D has improved from week to week. As has been pointed out a few times here and on Patriots.com, our concern rests primarily with the DBs (although the middle of the Dbackfield is a concern without Harrison), not so much that they are thought to be inexperienced, which they are really not, but they are a physically small group. San Diego especially, and their much taller WRs and TEs, were able to complete passes (and TDs) over our DBs with a great amount of success. If we get Poole and Gay back, things might change, but if we don't, height will definately again be a problem for us and a definate + for your WRs and TEs.

I think you sell Brady and the O a bit short. Getting to TB this season hasn't been as easy as most people think. Our O line, consisting of 2 rookies on TB's blind side have allowed him to complete passes (and not get sacked from that side at all) much better than most of us anticipated. They are also getting better at opening holes for Corey Dillon who finally had a 100+ yard game. I don't know how big, or small, your D is so I can't say how much success our TE's (who are all very big) or our WRs will do from a size standpoint, but they do have the speed to get down field quick enough for TB (if he doesn't get pressured to release early) for long completions.

The outcome of Sunday's game comes down to the following:
The D - The front 7 of our D has to contain your QB ands not allow him to dictate the game from outside the pocket. They also have to keep your running game to a minimum and only up to the D red zone. I don't know if the Broncos will see a 4-3 or a 3-4 but either way, your D line will have their hands full with or D line (especially Seymour, Wilfork and Green). If your O line gets a good push on those 3, we will not win because they will not be able to contain your QB and your running game will succeed.
The O - All I have to say is Brady(QB), Dillon(RB), Graham(TE), Johnson(WR), Branch(WR) and Vinatieri(FGs). If those players are allowed to do their thing, it will be a high scoring game. Keep our O in check, your D will win the game for you.

Good luck to both teams and no more injuries, please!

Emancipator
10-11-2005, 05:34 AM
First, welcome to the boards. Secondly, I hope you visit more than today. Also, you brought a good post with you.

Superchop7
10-11-2005, 08:27 AM
I've read several threads and multiple posts about the upcoming Sunday game and this is the 1st opponent MB where there is some concern about the outcome by more than a few posters. Most of the Patriots opponents' fans this season have felt that their team would win without equivocation. I thank the Bronco fans for being different from the rest.

I'm concerned about the Patriots D as most here in PatriotsNation are but even though our record doesn't reflect it, our D has improved from week to week. As has been pointed out a few times here and on Patriots.com, our concern rests primarily with the DBs (although the middle of the Dbackfield is a concern without Harrison), not so much that they are thought to be inexperienced, which they are really not, but they are a physically small group. San Diego especially, and their much taller WRs and TEs, were able to complete passes (and TDs) over our DBs with a great amount of success. If we get Poole and Gay back, things might change, but if we don't, height will definately again be a problem for us and a definate + for your WRs and TEs.

I think you sell Brady and the O a bit short. Getting to TB this season hasn't been as easy as most people think. Our O line, consisting of 2 rookies on TB's blind side have allowed him to complete passes (and not get sacked from that side at all) much better than most of us anticipated. They are also getting better at opening holes for Corey Dillon who finally had a 100+ yard game. I don't know how big, or small, your D is so I can't say how much success our TE's (who are all very big) or our WRs will do from a size standpoint, but they do have the speed to get down field quick enough for TB (if he doesn't get pressured to release early) for long completions.

The D - The front 7 of our D has to contain your QB ands not allow him to dictate the game from outside the pocket. They also have to keep your running game to a minimum and only up to the D red zone. I don't know if the Broncos will see a 4-3 or a 3-4 but either way, your D line will have their hands full with or D line (especially Seymour, Wilfork and Green). If your O line gets a good push on those 3, we will not win because they will not be able to contain your QB and your running game will succeed.
The O - All I have to say is Brady(QB), Dillon(RB), Graham(TE), Johnson(WR), Branch(WR) and Vinatieri(FGs). If those players are allowed to do their thing, it will be a high scoring game. Keep our O in check, your D will win the game for you.

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

Nice post, great respect to Pats fans everywhere and much love to Outlaw BBQ by the stadium.

Our teams match up very well, some of the posters may have fear but I doubt the players do, we see what the Patriots do every day in practice and vica-versa, the teams share alot of the same philosophies.

If this were wrestling.....it would be a "technical" match, a respectfull test of wills.

BANJOPICKER1
10-11-2005, 09:31 AM
I have been a Bronco fan since the 70's,lived in Colorado most of my life but now live in Hudson MA as my wife was transfered here last year..One thing I have noticed about Pats fans is that they are very very nice people who respect my being a Bronco fan and have fun with it (unlike raider fans may I say).They are also a lot like Bronco fans here too,when they win a game,their fans pick apart everything and complain how the team should be better,lol,just like us here..

I think this game comes down to only one thing for us Broncos,,pressure on Tom Brady,if I remember right,thats how they lost last time,the other team confused the heck out of him and went after him just about everyother play..I think keeping him guessing and not letting him read our defenses is going to be the key..

Oh,if the Pat's win,I will need massive amounts of beer donations as I must have 5 cases bet now with co workers and the like..However,if our Broncos win as I think they will,I will be drunk for at least 2 weeks...OR LESS!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!! :beer:

rogue719
10-11-2005, 09:34 AM
The Skins game has been played and won. Now, our focus turns toward the Patriots. This has to be our number 1 concern this week. I'm looking forward to this game more than any other game this month.

Our offense will have success, but our defense will be tested. Our D-Line has to get quick and good pressure on Brady. The Pats offense will have opportunities to pass against us (Champ Bailey will stop alot of that), but their defense is suspect to the passing game.

Look for Ashley Lelie to have a huge game. Ash will probably have 6-7 catches for over 120 yrds and a TD. Rod Smith should have a good game with 8-9 catches for 100 yrds and a TD. I'm proud of our 4-1 start and hope we can build on a good record. Plummer will show up and show off (in a positive way). Tatum and Anderson can combine for 150 yrds on the ground.

We keep saying that "this week" will be the week that Lelie finally breaks out and he never does. I'm betting that this week will be a breakout week for the running game and that Rod Smith, Mike Anderson and Jeb Putzier making big plays in the air. Lelie will still drop half his passes (I don't think he's worked through whatever it is that's distracting him yet.)

But, with rookie tackles on the Pats O-line, I say Trevor Pryce will get his first sack this week and he will come up big with two. Courtney Brown will also get a sack and recover a fumble (boy, prognostication is fun! I should try to make a living at this!) Corey Dillon is going to have a long day but will get his hundred yards, but be eclipsed by Anderson getting over 100 and Bell getting almost another hundred.

The game will be won by special teams who come up big in key plays to stop the Pats from winning the game from behind.

Bishop
10-11-2005, 09:48 AM

Welcome Husky71. You are welcome here any day when you bring posts like this. The play of the Patriots, thus far, has been inspiring (surprise, surprise). Your team handles adversity and injuries better than any other. Despite several team rattling injuries, you guys maintain composure and compete every week (well at least every game and half of the San Diego game). I firmly believe that to be the best you must beat the best, and the Patriots are definitely one of the best. This weekend will be a good game, and I feel confident with what this Bronco team will bring to the game. I am really looking to getting even with you guys for handing the Broncos one of the hardest losses that I have ever had to swallow (back in 2003). Brady is playing some sick football right now, and hopefully we will have the help of Champ this weekend to try to slow that golden arm. I'm excited for a great injury free game of football. Let's get it on!

rogue719
10-11-2005, 10:14 AM

Great post and welcome to the board.

The Broncos defense is really the heart of the team right now. The rebuilt D-line has been dominating in nearly every encounter since halftime of the second game against San Diego and has successfully shut down several outstanding rushers, including Priest Holmes, LaDainian Tomlinson and Fred Taylor.

The linebackers are probably the fastest and most effective you will see overall in the NFL today. Al Wilson is often compared to Ray Lewis in effectiveness and Ian Gold may be the fastest linebacker in the NFL. Second year D.J. Williams on the strong side was nearly rookie of the year last year and is a very effective tackler and run stopper as well as being as fast as the other two LB's. The LB's are so fast and effective that they stay in on obvious passing downs to cover TE's and receivers out of the backfield.

The secondary would normally be suspect with Champ Bailey out (he is questionable for the game Sunday) and starting two rookie corners, but the two rookies in question are playing far above their NFL experience and have been very effective so far in coverage. With Bailey we have a very solid pass defending secondary, particularly with Sam Brandon ballhawking at safety in obvious passing situations.

In terms of leadership on the defense, Wilson and safety John Lynch bring a strong settling impact on the group, keeping them focused and intent on shutting down the other team to get off the field on 3rd down.

The offense has been more inconsistent but Jake Plummer is doing a better job of protecting the ball and not turning it over than in his previous two years. He's not throwing for the big numbers, but he has in the past and can in the future. His big problem so far has been inconsistency in his receivers as well as Jake sometimes throwing behind his receivers. Still, he's protecting the ball and letting the special teams and the defense also do their part to win the field position game and set up opportunities. Lelie last year led the NFL in yards per catch but has had problems bringing in the ball this season. Rod Smith remains Mr. Consistent and makes the clutch catches.

The special teams play has improved dramatically, though still not the best in the NFL. However, Sauerbraun is one of the leading punters in the NFL and Elam an outstanding placekicker that is perhaps as clutch as the Patriot's own.

I look forward to an outstanding game and like you, hope for no more injuries.

Emancipator
10-11-2005, 01:33 PM
I'm excited. I think Denver match up well against the Pats. 5-1 would be great and a Raiders win and KC lose. That would be sweet Sunday.

GIVEME6
10-13-2005, 10:58 PM
I'm very impressed with both of these rookies so far, so for me it's hard to say which one I'm more impressed with. Foxworth came up with some big plays against Jacksonville, but Williams has been very cosistent in coverage, and gave us great field position for the game winning drive against SD. Who to choose.... :confused:

Q-niverse
10-13-2005, 10:59 PM
I'm very impressed with both of these rookies so far, so for me it's hard to say which one I'm more impressed with. Foxworth came up with some big plays against Jacksonville, but Williams has been very cosistent in coverage, and gave us great field position for the game winning drive against SD. Who to choose.... :confused:

I'd have to say Williams but trust me it's a hard call and I have never been more impressed with a Broncos rookie pool

ColRockies_5
10-13-2005, 11:01 PM
I'd say williams has been more consistent, but Foxworth played a HUGE game against jacksonville w/o champ and darrent, and lenny making mistakes all over the field...Just for that game (and that spectacular td-saving play against the skins) I'll go with Foxy for now, but I'm happy to have them both :beer:

bcbronc
10-13-2005, 11:02 PM
it has to be both. for rookies both are playing very well.

topscribe
10-13-2005, 11:17 PM
I'm more impressed with the one the coaching staff considers first string.

They're the ones who see them play every day.

-----

rcsodak
10-13-2005, 11:46 PM
I'm more impressed with the one the coaching staff considers first string.

They're the ones who see them play every day.

-----

Is that what they call the "texas two-step", top? ;)

Mat'hir Uth Gan
10-13-2005, 11:53 PM
Foxworth as he's playing outstanding defense.

Williams has done a decent job as well, especially on his returns, but Foxworth is outplaying him on defense.

twotone
10-14-2005, 02:30 AM
Foxworth's also been healthy, can't rag on that.

Dean
10-14-2005, 04:37 AM
I can't believe that after all these years of being unable to draft or obtain through free agency or trade a quality cornerback that this year the Broncos drafted two and maybe three. When they are paired with Champ we may have one of the better defensive backfields of the future. Foxworth and Williams possess great speed and quickness but they seem to be paying their dues in the film room and at practice to develop.

When Denver drafted 3 CB's I chalked it up to the Broncos being clueless on what skill set is required to be a good corner. It looks like they have it figured out at least with these two. I definitely pick both as my choice. :beer:

bustemindamouth
10-14-2005, 05:34 AM
Shanny is smart to have these kids get their licks in early...come playoff time, these guys will have virtually a years worth of experience under their belts. They are ready to play....young, smart, athletic...

AvsFan26
10-14-2005, 05:35 AM
i gotta say both. while foxworth has the ability to make plays on defense, lets not forget the speed of darrent. also, he just flat out has been nailing most of his tackles. nothin funner to watch than a 5'7 CB ramming a 6' something widereceiver, eh?

bronerines
10-14-2005, 06:59 AM
Both, no one thought they would come in and do anything but they have proofed us both wrong with williams being consistent in coverage not letting up those big plays and foxworth created those big plays we needed

Broncos04Champs
10-14-2005, 07:42 AM
I put both, mostly for last game. They didn't give up the big play, which going into the game, is what everyone was saying to be worried about (See Brunell to Moss twice in Dallas game)

So Far it's looking like Champ, Williams, and Foxworth are going to be the cornerstones of a great secondary for years to come :beer:

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 07:42 AM
Both bring different styles. I think they will perform well for the Denver Broncos.

AsianOrange
10-14-2005, 07:54 AM
Are you ready if the Broncos beat the Patriots and get on the radar in the news?

Are you ready if the Broncos lose and face questions like we did in week 1?

Are you ready to face failure if we lose?

Are you ready to stand with the Broncos if they gave it their all and lose?

Some of you guys have the honest approach of the game yet some of you guys are ready with shovels if the Broncos fail and dig their hole.

I am ready to see this game just like all of you, but just keep inn mind, this is a good matchup. Win or lose, I think we're in a good situation to see a good game.

Superchop7
10-14-2005, 08:03 AM
I have been a Bronco fan since the 70's,lived in Colorado most of my life but now live in Hudson MA as my wife was transfered here last year..One thing I have noticed about Pats fans is that they are very very nice people who respect my being a Bronco fan and have fun with it (unlike raider fans may I say).They are also a lot like Bronco fans here too,when they win a game,their fans pick apart everything and complain how the team should be better,lol,just like us here..

I think this game comes down to only one thing for us Broncos,,pressure on Tom Brady,if I remember right,thats how they lost last time,the other team confused the heck out of him and went after him just about everyother play..I think keeping him guessing and not letting him read our defenses is going to be the key..

Oh,if the Pat's win,I will need massive amounts of beer donations as I must have 5 cases bet now with co workers and the like..However,if our Broncos win as I think they will,I will be drunk for at least 2 weeks...OR LESS!

GOOOOOOOOOOOO BRONCOS!!! :beer:

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

Thanks for the post.....I agree.....Pats fans are great people. I really enjoyed my time up there.

Now, if only Ma could get some temporary tags.............................

LordTrychon
10-14-2005, 08:05 AM
Are you ready if the Broncos beat the Patriots and get on the radar in the news?

Some of you guys have the honest approach of the game yet some of you guys are ready with shovels if the Broncos fail and dig their hole.

I am ready to see this game just like all of you, but just keep inn mind, this is a good matchup. Win or lose, I think we're in a good situation to see a good game.
I'm so ready. :beer:

OrangeShadow
10-14-2005, 08:15 AM
Im ready to face anything

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 08:17 AM
Good questions. I'm ready. I'm ready for Denver Broncos football win or lose. I'd rather have the win :D .

vicious2500
10-14-2005, 08:19 AM
I'm ready for the broncos to give the patriots the business. I see us winning by 21. Alright alright we'll win by 3 game winning FG to elam. Up yours Brady :D

2 Minute Warning
10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
YEP :D Ready too. :cheers:

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 08:20 AM
I'm looking for this to be a well played game for both teams. I think Denver's "A" game can beat Pats "A" game. I think this is a good game for our front four on the D-line. Our receivers should have a huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge game.

Anyone want to play madden on 2006. I'll play with the Broncos. :D

Krugan
10-14-2005, 08:22 AM
My opinion on this weeks game: Its a lose lose situation.

I dont see the Broncos getting the kind of chatter the Chargers recieved for beating them. Part of the reason willb e the Pats are very beat up right now, lots of key inuries, let the excuses fly.

If the Broncos lose, the media hype will last until thursday. We will still get pumeled with the "Tom Brady is the gift to all QB's" speel. Its been the same all season, by listening to the media you would think the Pats are 5-0 and beating teams by 60 a game.

For no other reason than personal satisfaction I want the Broncos to win this game. So in week 10 when the pats are 5-5 and everyone is still talking about them making a run for the playoffs I can sit back and giggle about the media bias for east coast teams.

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 08:26 AM

I dont see the Broncos getting the kind of chatter the Chargers recieved for beating them. Part of the reason willb e the Pats are very beat up right now, lots of key inuries, let the excuses fly.

If the Broncos lose, the media hype will last until thursday. We will still get pumeled with the "Tom Brady is the gift to all QB's" speel. Its been the same all season, by listening to the media you would think the Pats are 5-0 and beating teams by 60 a game.

For no other reason than personal satisfaction I want the Broncos to win this game. So in week 10 when the pats are 5-5 and everyone is still talking about them making a run for the playoffs I can sit back and giggle about the media bias for east coast teams.

A win is a win. We can't get caught up in what people will be saying. The media has gotten into our heads so much we worry about them than we are wanting our team to win. (Don't let the media control you and your thoughts and opinions.)

broncofries
10-14-2005, 08:27 AM
Ready!! I am saying 23-20 Broncos.. My buddie predicts 35-10 Broncos.. His logic, we beat the Chargers and the Chargers killed the Pats.. Anything can happen I guess.

Krugan
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
A win is a win. We can't get caught up in what people will be saying. The media has gotten into our heads so much we worry about them than we are wanting our team to win. (Don't let the media control you and your thoughts and opinions.)

This thread is about whats coming from the media depending the outcome.

Again I will guess that the Broncos will neither gain or lose much in media air time in either a win or a loss. The exscuses for the Pats or the OverHype, will continue. The Broncos get little bits from certain sources, that would be local media and a few scattered players across the other networks.

pikman
10-14-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm ready to see if the Broncos really have started the climb to the next level. This week end is possibly the biggest game of the season for the orange and blue. Think about it...

A Bronco win springboards this teams confidence to a whole new level. Knowing that they can really beat any team, any time will lift this team to new heights for the rest of the season. The downside is the overconfidence a victory brings that will fall on Shanahan to keep them mentally sharp.

A Bronco loss on the other hand could go a long way to shaking the confidence to an all time low. Imagine having played well so far, grinding out the ugly wins, winning in fine style, and then losing to NE. A loss may rattle them a little or a lot, that will fall on Shanahan to keep them mentally sharp.

All I know is I am pumped waiting for Sunday to get here, and either way I still have confidence this team can do special things this season.

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 08:36 AM
This thread is about whats coming from the media depending the outcome.

Again I will guess that the Broncos will neither gain or lose much in media air time in either a win or a loss. The exscuses for the Pats or the OverHype, will continue. The Broncos get little bits from certain sources, that would be local media and a few scattered players across the other networks.

Right you are:
Take a look at this
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=42948&highlight=media%27s+advocate

Krugan
10-14-2005, 08:42 AM
Right you are:
Take a look at this
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=42948&highlight=media%27s+advocate

I saw your thread.

Just havent had time to read it yet. :)

JRWIZ
10-14-2005, 08:52 AM

Let the media ignore or bad mouth Mikey and gang all the way to the XL SB.

"He who laughs last"!

The east coast bias will always be there, since the vast majority of the folks and teams live there of course they can do no wrong.

DrunkPanda
10-14-2005, 08:53 AM
i'm not a bandwagoner or anything but i'm just really passionate about football and hockey. if we lose this game i will be pissed off and i will make many postst about how much i hate jake plummer and the broncos (actually, i'll try not to since it pisses everyone off :D) but i will still be a broncos fan

thrashy
10-14-2005, 09:03 AM
I'm definitely ready either way. I am confident that they will play a solid game and expect them to come out on top. I am thinking 24-17 but who really knows. IF they lose I will just put on my beat up Mccarffery jersey next sunday just like always adn hope for the best. :D

Johnny7
10-14-2005, 09:17 AM
Hell yeah, I'm ready! I have a good feeling. I think it'll be a close high scoring game, but the broncs will take it. The only thing that worries me is that the Elam is 7 for 12 in the last 5 games vs. the Pats. :sick: Everyone pray for good weather.

GO BRONCOS! :beer:

Bronx84
10-14-2005, 10:19 AM
Both have impressed me alot this season.

RBDynasty
10-14-2005, 10:25 AM
I'm very impressed with both of these rookies so far, so for me it's hard to say which one I'm more impressed with. Foxworth came up with some big plays against Jacksonville, but Williams has been very cosistent in coverage, and gave us great field position for the game winning drive against SD. Who to choose.... :confused:Both have equally impressed me.

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 10:26 AM
I have been impressed with both, but would give the edge to Foxworth. He looks like could be something special.

RBDynasty
10-14-2005, 10:33 AM

I am ready to see this game just like all of you, but just keep inn mind, this is a good matchup. Win or lose, I think we're in a good situation to see a good game.Check, check, check,check, and check. Yep I'm ready.

broncofries
10-14-2005, 10:58 AM
Hell yeah, I'm ready! I have a good feeling. I think it'll be a close high scoring game, but the broncs will take it. The only thing that worries me is that the Elam is 7 for 12 in the last 5 games vs. the Pats. :sick: Everyone pray for good weather.
GO BRONCOS! :beer:

Weather.com says 72 and mostly sunny!

rogue719
10-14-2005, 11:22 AM
i'm not a bandwagoner or anything but i'm just really passionate about football and hockey. if we lose this game i will be pissed off and i will make many postst about how much i hate jake plummer and the broncos (actually, i'll try not to since it pisses everyone off :D) but i will still be a broncos fan

That's ok, if we lose this game there will be a bunch of people looking for an argument as to why. :fight:

Seriously, even if we lose but play very well and lose a close game, it's a vindication of how far this team has come, IMO.

And, we need to come out of it healthy.

I'm like you and looking forward to a great game. :beer:

Tony
10-14-2005, 11:53 AM
I'm ready, but if we lose i won't be surprised. However though, if we play with everything we got then a win is possible. We're better than we were 2yrs ago when we've played them. Hopefully, champ will play and lelie will be clicking deep. Let's smack the patties in the mouth! GO BRONCOS!! :beer:

AsianOrange
10-14-2005, 01:33 PM
is this the first time they met? We sent a avery good Denver team with Danny Kanell at helm 2 years ago. This time, we got good Jake, hopefully he will lead the way. I think the Patriots will try and exploit our passing game....so i bet he will be coming out throwing.

Emancipator
10-14-2005, 01:39 PM
is this the first time they met? We sent a avery good Denver team with Danny Kanell at helm 2 years ago. This time, we got good Jake, hopefully he will lead the way. I think the Patriots will try and exploit our passing game....so i bet he will be coming out throwing.

Jake won't be going against Brady but he will be going against a defense that is good but hurting. Brady will be facing a very good Bronco defense with young rookie CBs. I think if Champ is not playing, Brady can very well pick apart our secondary. He loves going deep down the middle. (Lynch can't help much there.)

Jake should put up some great numbers against the Pats. I think about 25 for 30 passing would be nice. About 280 yards would be great along with 3 TDs. Oh yeah, he can run a 4th one in on a boot. Did I metion Mike Anderson had a TD and Tatum had a 65 yard TD. (Wishful thinking, cause that is a huge number especially when Elam will get 2 field goals.) ;)

Mount-n-Groan
10-14-2005, 01:47 PM
I think I remember reading somewhere that this is the first time that Jake has faced the Pats.

I'll see if I can find it...

Yep... (http://www.pro-football-reference.com/games/PlumJa00.htm)

broncos_mtnman
10-14-2005, 04:05 PM
The media will jump on the Pats bandwagon if they win, but it's not entirely without reason.

They are the existing champs.
They have done it 3 out of 4 seasons.
They are currently in first place in their division, and they haven't played a division game yet.
Their record will be the same as ours (4-2).

I don't see why they wouldn't be pumping the Pats.

If we win, we'll get some support. I still contend that the main reason the experts don't stand with us, is our history of mid-season meltdowns. Until we kill that monster, I don't expect many to be in our corner.

JRWIZ
10-14-2005, 05:24 PM
The media is the media will always favor the coast of leprosy teams.

If the pats lose it will because of the number of players (21) of the injury reports.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=350

TXBRONC
10-14-2005, 06:24 PM
The media will jump on the Pats bandwagon if they win, but it's not entirely without reason.

They are the existing champs.
They have done it 3 out of 4 seasons.
They are currently in first place in their division, and they haven't played a division game yet.
Their record will be the same as ours (4-2).

I don't see why they wouldn't be pumping the Pats.

If we win, we'll get some support. I still contend that the main reason the experts don't stand with us, is our history of mid-season meltdowns. Until we kill that monster, I don't expect many to be in our corner.

I agree with you. Our history of mid-season meltdowns causes the media not take the Broncos to seriously. In fact fully exepect that even if we win Sunday someone in the sports media going to say, nice win BUT wait until mid-season and Denver will tailspin. Whether or not sports writers are in our corner or not they can not help us win or lose any games.

Mount-n-Groan
10-14-2005, 09:03 PM
I still contend that the main reason the experts don't stand with us, is our history of mid-season meltdowns. Until we kill that monster, I don't expect many to be in our corner.

I agree with you. Our history of mid-season meltdowns causes the media not take the Broncos to seriously. In fact fully exepect that even if we win Sunday someone in the sports media going to say, nice win BUT wait until mid-season and Denver will tailspin. Whether or not sports writers are in our corner or not they can not help us win or lose any games.

I would say that the "mid-season" is upon us; starting Sunday. So the time is now. It's great that the head of the approaching monster happens to be the NFL's measuring stick for success over the last few years. Depleted as they are they're still the champions and a quality football team, and success against them can tell everybody - the fans, the players, and the media - that this team should be taken seriously. Look at SD. Despite a losing record they're still getting the love from whippin' them.

But let's say we torch them like the Pack did to the hapless Saints, or even like what SD did to the Pats. I'd have to think that there would be a certain amount of excuses why the Pats couldn't get it done, but the Broncos would get their love too. No matter what the trepidation will continue in some form, from some direction, probably through Week 10 or so, but we could make a major statement by not just beating them, but by thoroughly destroying them.

I'm sick of hiding, or flying under the radar, or simply being too much of an enigma to get any respect. If we want respect we have to roll these guys; and the next, and the next, and the next.

Either way I'm there. Either way I'm ready.

MileHighStud
10-14-2005, 09:35 PM
I am ready. "WE MUST PROTECT THIS HOUSE!!"

Bronco_f1
10-14-2005, 10:05 PM
I think Brady will play better than Jake, but the Broncos will be better than the Pats

Ravage!!!
10-14-2005, 10:09 PM
Yeah.. I think Brady will play better than Plummer too. Thats simply because I believe Brady to be the best in the league at his position.

rush_limbaughII
10-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Jake won't be going against Brady but he will be going against a defense that is good but hurting. Brady will be facing a very good Bronco defense with young rookie CBs. I think if Champ is not playing, Brady can very well pick apart our secondary. He loves going deep down the middle. (Lynch can't help much there.)

Even without champ playing, the defence can hold brady in check if they can have a good pass rush and pressure. Do not give brady time to go deep. Make him pass short.

bronopride45
10-15-2005, 12:49 AM
I agree that Brady will play better than Plummer. I expect to see a cut here, a block there, incredible speed and touchdowns from our RBs, maybe we wont even have to throw the pig skin. lol

Q-niverse
10-15-2005, 01:40 AM
HI ASIAN ORANGE!!!! I can't believe no one hailed you sir. It's been awhile since we've seen a post from you!

Yes I am ready!! I'll be in the south stands cheering loud. I hope we win but I will not have the shovel ready. When two quality teams meet someone has to lose! Al I know is win or lose The Broncos will still be on top of the AFC west and I will have seen a great football game.

Props to Asian!!

Q-niverse
10-15-2005, 01:57 AM
I think this will be the best home performance Jake will turn in all year. I think he is going to light up the Champs and come monday the Jake supporters will have new ammo for the Jake haters!! (Jake Supporter here :D )

jletourneau
10-15-2005, 08:09 AM
Wow, is this article respect from both sides or what. Either that or it is the two biggest cases of brown nosing I've ever seen. I'll lean towards respect though.

I have had and probably always will have some questions about Shanny's drafts as a GM, but it's really hard to question his coaching. When it comes to X's and O's, he's right up there with the best, and Belichek is willing to vouch for that too.

http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-patriots1014.artoct15,0,1020151.story?coll=hc-headlines-football

BroncoRT
10-15-2005, 08:16 AM
Wow, is this article respect from both sides or what. Either that or it is the two biggest cases of brown nosing I've ever seen. I'll lean towards respect though.

I have had and probably always will have some questions about Shanny's drafts as a GM, but it's really hard to question his coaching. When it comes to X's and O's, he's right up there with the best, and Belichek is willing to vouch for that too.

http://www.courant.com/sports/football/hc-patriots1014.artoct15,0,1020151.story?coll=hc-headlines-football

It should be great game and chess match. :coffee:

YOUNGERJKSPEE
10-15-2005, 08:55 AM
It should come down to mistakes-penalties and turnovers but, Denver has the edge.

JHoward
10-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Well guys I guess they found it necessary to air a 30 minute special about Super Bowl XXI on the NFL Network, Giants and Denver. As a dedicated Bronco fan I tried to watch it but I just couldnt stomach it, I couldnt finish watching the show. Those first super bowl experiences for the Bronco organiztion were hell but John Elway brough us through eventually.

BroncoRT
10-15-2005, 10:41 AM
Well guys I guess they found it necessary to air a 30 minute special about Super Bowl XXI on the NFL Network, Giants and Denver. As a dedicated Bronco fan I tried to watch it but I just couldnt stomach it, I couldnt finish watching the show. Those first super bowl experiences for the Bronco organiztion were hell but John Elway brough us through eventually.

I can tolerate that SB, but the 49er one I can't. My sister is a niner fan and I was talkin trash for days prior to the SB...and as you can imagine I still hear crap about that game to this day. :heh:

Dean
10-15-2005, 11:38 AM
The Superbowl loss to Washington after the Broncos jumped out on top still bothers me. Williams a backup quarterback shredded Denver's cover 2 defense time and again. It looked like we were rolling and they just hammered the defense again and again while completely shutting the Broncos offense. It was humiliation at its worst. :ugh:

xX-Bronco-Xx
10-15-2005, 11:40 AM
My friend :mad: bought me the crappiest b-day present couple of weeks ago can u guess what? Super Bowl XXI-XXX Collectors just to rub it into my face that his 49'ers won and the broncos lost, and he wouldnt give me the receipt :eek:

Tatumfor6
10-15-2005, 11:53 AM
Was just watching Inside the NFL. Mike was miked up.

When Tatum made the second big run for a touchdown, Mike said "great players make great players when they are needed."

Maybe mike is gaining for confidence in my boy Tatum??

Edit: once again everyone but Costas is going against us. Will they ever learn?

broncos_mtnman
10-15-2005, 12:07 PM

As painful as that one was, I agree with others on this board that the Washington and the 49ers Super Bowls were much worse than this one.

The Dark Knight
10-15-2005, 12:08 PM
My friend :mad: bought me the crappiest b-day present couple of weeks ago can u guess what? Super Bowl XXI-XXX Collectors just to rub it into my face that his 49'ers won and the broncos lost, and he wouldnt give me the receipt :eek:

Throw it away, tell him he wasted his money.

Broncos04Champs
10-15-2005, 12:13 PM
Interesting, thanks for the info (No HBO here)
I would assume after those 2 long bomb runs Mike is gaining plenty of confidence in Tatum :cheers:

Elway
10-15-2005, 12:14 PM
So a year from now get him the XXXI to XL edition which show the 2 Bronco back to back wins. :D

Interpol
10-15-2005, 12:53 PM
Interesting, thanks for the info (No HBO here)
I would assume after those 2 long bomb runs Mike is gaining plenty of confidence in Tatum :cheers:

I am still not sold on him getting the bulk of the load.

I love using him as a change of pace, but I want to see more of him before he replaces Mike Anderson.

Mike Anderson has proven himself to play all out on every play, and he has broken some big runs also. It's not just Tatum who can score from 50 yards away, guys.

Also, we know MA is a team player, I mean, c'mon, he played fullback when asked to for several years.

Broncos04Champs
10-15-2005, 12:55 PM

I love using him as a change of pace, but I want to see more of him before he replaces Mike Anderson.

Mike Anderson has proven himself to play all out on every play, and he has broken some big runs also. It's not just Tatum who can score from 50 yards away, guys.

Also, we know MA is a team player, I mean, c'mon, he played fullback when asked to for several years.

I love M.A. I just think Tatum should get more carries than Mike. I'm thinking a 3:2 ratio in favor of Tatum.
I agree that we KNOW M.A. is a team player, but I can't say I KNOW Tatum isn't. He has played special teams this year..

section 118
10-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Williams a backup quarterback shredded Denver's cover 2 defense time and again.

Well in all fairness Williams was not a Back up quarter back.

YOUNGERJKSPEE
10-15-2005, 02:09 PM
I can't stomach any of the Super Bowl losses except XII.

Dean
10-15-2005, 02:16 PM
Well in all fairness Williams was not a Back up quarter back.

You must mean he started that gameand that is true. However, Doug Williams didn't take over the team until the December 26 game with the Vikings. I don't know what you call a back up but he sure fits my definition. He spent training camp, September, October, November, and almost all of December as the number two.

Their running back in that game went crazy and must have had around 200 yards as well- - - one painful memory after another.

Will Wayfarer
10-15-2005, 02:27 PM
And now Timmy Smith is in jail.... although I can't remember what for.

And concerning D. Williams, he was a starter at Tampa Bay for a time.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2005, 05:29 PM
I remember the last NE game we had at home.... and the sideline commentator asked Belicheck what he feared from the Broncos the most... Bill's response, "Mike Shanahan."

NameUsedBefore
10-15-2005, 06:04 PM
Tatum Bell gets banged up easily and has proven to be rather injury-prone. Mike Shanahan said this himself somewhere (don't recall where) and also said that he would be used as a solid change-of-pace back.

NameUsedBefore
10-15-2005, 06:09 PM
I remember we almost won that with Danny Kannel in at quarterback.

Deltha O'Neal's busted coverage on that final Patriots-play is what permanetly sent him into the doghouse, as I remember.

Ravage!!!
10-15-2005, 06:55 PM
It was the muffed kick that hurt us more than the missed defended play. He ruined that game on all aspects.

In-com-plete
10-15-2005, 07:07 PM

MA can break some big runs, but Bell can do it easier. On that 4th and inches against the Skins, no way in my opinion Anderson even gets that first down. I think if Shanny had Anderson in there for that play he runs it between the tackles, but Bell has so much more speed so he can get to the outside.

What I'm trying to say is Bell is like a 50 home run guy, Anderson is like a 25-30 home run guy with a better batting average. If that makes any sense.

rcsodak
10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
I'm gonna go with Top on this subject, and defer judgement to those in the know......

Shanny
Kubiak

Orangecrush40
10-15-2005, 09:37 PM
I believe that Shanahan's rotation of the running backs this year makes it harder for defenses to prepare for the Broncos. Anderson runs between the tackles and Bell excels going around the ends. Plus, we have the threat of Lelie or Adams on the end around or the fake end around. The key to the Shanahan and Kubiak offense is never being predictable and this year more than any we have shown the ability to be unpredictable.
Hopefully the ground game will be strong on Sunday to take the pressure off of Plummer and set up the bootleg.If th e Patriots do shut down our running game Plummer needs to extend the field with a long pass to Smith,instead of Lelie just to throw off the defense. Finally,hopefully we can get Lelie bak on track. Throw him a five yard hitch just to get his confidence up. Lelie is going to have a 100 yard receiving game with a couple of TDs, he is just lacking in confidence right now.

Elway
10-15-2005, 09:44 PM
I just like Mikes never ending stream of coach-speak. It is pretty much to the point that when some one asks him a question, most of the fans can predict how Shanny will respond.

But I believe the rotation will stay the same. It is keeping fresh legs in the game.

GIVEME6
10-16-2005, 12:28 AM
I have been impressed with both, but would give the edge to Foxworth. He looks like could be something special.

I agree. He reminds me a little bit of Champ. Not as great obviously, but the skill set is there. I also found out some cool things about Foxworth. He had the 5th best Strength Index on the team in college, and he benches 335 pounds. Not bad for a 187 pound guy.

Elway
10-16-2005, 12:39 AM
Just over 12 hours to game time.

Here is the official thread.

Keep it flowing, keep it clean and follow the COC please.

Don't let Pat fans get under your skin

Good chance I'll get to watch it on Tv this week!!!

Here's hoping to a 5-1 record. :beer:

Enjoy

Q-niverse
10-16-2005, 01:35 AM
I can't wait. I'll be at the game so I'll get my earlybird post in right now.

This is such a quality match-up and I am pumped. The champs are coming to town and the Broncos smell blood in the water.

Brady is still Brady no matter what the injury report tells about their Defense. I expect this game to be close. Let's hope we have a 4+ point lead at the two minute warning or Vinateri could make the Broncos pay.

Brady and co are clutch. This is but another test of a renewed Broncos defense. Whether champ plays or not this game will require all 11 players to confuse and pressure Brady. It all comes down to Brady. He is the undisputed x-factor for the Pats.

As for the Broncos offense, it is a mistake to assume that a wounded Patriot secondary will bode well for Jake. Ball control and clock management will be key. Jake's job has to be points and keeping Brady off the field.

GO BRONCOS!!!! Enjoy the game Emancipator, Jaws, and all the earlybird posters :D :beer:

alan
10-16-2005, 01:40 AM
aw man i cant wait its really goina be a good one,i might not be able to post in this much today cuase i have alot of homework that i need to get done before the game.

heres to a great broncos victory-and hopefully a good day for my fantasy team ;)

lets go broncos! lets go!

Jaws
10-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Morning all! It's a lovely sunny day! I've got a good feeling about this game! :D :beer:

Get that homework done quickly this morning and afternoon Alan, so you can concentrate on the important things afterwards lol !

_BrusT_
10-16-2005, 02:39 AM
They both are the best surprise of the season so far.

HeyJeeB
10-16-2005, 03:28 AM
I'm sat here in my Broncos tee, sipping coffee from my Broncos mug, REALLY looking forward to this one! :D It's gonna be close, but we'll do it :beer:

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 03:41 AM
Here we are a few shinning stars come together. Seems like it was only yesterday (last Sunday) we were only twinkles in some far off galaxy. But this silent morning Denver's guiding light brought us here. Brought us here

Let's go Denver. We can crush the Pats.

BroncosorBust
10-16-2005, 04:19 AM
Here's to a 5-1 start :beer: (sub with coffee for now).

GO BRONCOS! Come oonnn Jake Plummer!

Jaws
10-16-2005, 05:20 AM
I'm sat here in my Broncos tee, sipping coffee from my Broncos mug, REALLY looking forward to this one! :D It's gonna be close, but we'll do it :beer:

I'll be wearing my new Elway jersey tonight too - so we're bound to win!!! :D

Jaws
10-16-2005, 05:21 AM
Here we are a few shinning stars come together. Seems like it was only yesterday (last Sunday) we were only twinkles in some far off galaxy. But this silent morning Denver's guiding light brought us here. Brought us here

You're very poetic today Emancipator.

Let's hope the Broncos performance is poetry in motion too!

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 05:40 AM
You know the early birds are always on. So how are things in your Broncoland? Strike that.........I mean in your Broncowaters.

One thing is for sure.....Q-niverse, Jaws, Alan, and Elway will get an early post every game day on game day thread. I even noticed Zerosixty getting a few early post in lately. :D

Jaws
10-16-2005, 05:49 AM
You know the early birds are always on. So how are things in your Broncoland? Strike that.........I mean in your Broncowaters.

One thing is for sure.....Q-niverse, Jaws, Alan, and Elway will get an early post every game day on game day thread. I even noticed Zerosixty getting a few early post in lately. :D

All's well in Broncowaters. As an appetizer for the game I'll be watching the Fins v Buccs game, with my Fin-mad kid, and then hopefully the Broncos game over at the site.

Are you getting the game on tv?

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 05:54 AM
But if I don't I did finally finally get through on that site you gave me. I kept pressing for over 35 minutes. Finally accepted me. I've only registered so I don't know what to do or go after that......so if you would PM me some good instructions. Again, thanks you have been such a good buddy. You are appreciated.

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:00 AM
But if I don't I did finally finally get through on that site you gave me. I kept pressing for over 35 minutes. Finally accepted me. I've only registered so I don't know what to do or go after that......so if you would PM me some good instructions. Again, thanks you have been such a good buddy. You are appreciated.

PM sent. Hope it helps. :beer:

Just in case anyone else wants to check out the site, here's a link to the thread about this in GD:

http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=43703

Dean
10-16-2005, 06:14 AM
I think that today against the Patriots we will get a better chance to evaluate them side by side against a very good QB. Their play, so far, is indcative of each of the pair having a very successful future in the NFL. If that continues to be the case, the Broncos are set at cornerback (maybe the most difficult position in football) for the near future.

Calif. Bronco
10-16-2005, 06:30 AM
They are such different and complementary types of runners that I think they make a perfect combination. I hope he keeps it the way it is for awhile.

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 06:33 AM
Broncos let's go. Let's go Broncos

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:35 AM
Broncos let's go. Let's go Broncos

I got some more christmas pressies ready to wrap, to pass time till the game starts.

It's a long day when the game doesn't start till 9.15p.m.

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 06:40 AM
Denver Broncos jerseys (hoping he'd get a gift in the mail from Jaws).

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:46 AM
Denver Broncos jerseys (hoping he'd get a gift in the mail from Jaws).

Lol ! They're not so easy to get over here you know - just bought my first one off ebay this last week, which I'll be wearing proudly tonight. My woolly hat is yet to arrive, but should be here within the week just in time for the cold weather. :D

If you really want one though, I'll arrange that I attack the next shipload of U.K Broncofans who are coming over to the States.

I should have a nice range of jerseys to send you then, just make sure you have a good washing powder as there may be a few red stains on one or two of them!

yours

The Gruesome Shark!!! ;)

Reidman
10-16-2005, 06:48 AM
Let's go Broncos!!!!

Morning all. I really am quite disappointed today as I have some sorry news. Instead of watching my beloved Broncos play what may be one of the greatest matchups this season, I get the pleasure of watching San Diego demolish Oakland.*insert sarcasm here* Oh Joy.

Gamecenter again for this old boy I guess.........*sigh*

alan
10-16-2005, 06:49 AM
lets go broncos thats right alan the gameday thread entertainer is here

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 06:49 AM
Really excited about this game! :D
Will be slowwww cooking BBQ ribs, they should be ready about halftime. :cheers:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 06:50 AM
Lol ! They're not so easy to get over here you know - just bought my first one off ebay this last week, which I'll be wearing proudly tonight. My woolly hat is yet to arrive, but should be here within the week just in time for the cold weather.

If you really want one though, I'll arrange that I attack the next shipload of U.K Broncofans who are coming over to the States.

I should have a nice range of jerseys to send you then, just make sure you have a good washing powder as there may be a few red stains on one or two of them!

yours

The Gruesome Shark!!! ;)

Looking at your sig, haven't you done enough damage already Jaws??? :P
Oh, and we want JWinn back, so cough him up..... :laugh:

alan
what time is kickoff

Jaws

Good day Jovi!

If I set off now I should be there just in time for dinner! :D

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:51 AM
what time is kickoff

9.15 p.m U.K time Alan

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 06:52 AM
Good day Jovi!

If I set off now I should be there just in time for dinner! :D

Well get those fins going then. :P

alan
10-16-2005, 06:53 AM
hey jaws hey emancipator are you reADY for our weekly antics. hello to everyone else aswell :cheers:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Hope you made enough for everybody ;)

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:54 AM
Looking at your sig, haven't you done enough damage already Jaws???
Oh, and we want JWinn back, so cough him up..... :laugh:

Too bad about you not getting the game Reidman.

P.S If you're really worried about JWinn, I could always change the name on the boat! :P

On second thoughts, with my graphic skills (lack of), seven letters might be a bit too much for me to manage! :ugh:

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:55 AM
hey jaws hey emancipator are you reADY for our weekly antics. hello to everyone else aswell :cheers:

Well and truly. We can use this as tryouts and talent spotting for that show of ours Alan!

alan
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Well and truly. We can use this as tryouts and talent spotting for that show of ours Alan!

good idea jaws.we won our game today by the way and thats a good omen.my knee is really messed up though :ugh:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 06:57 AM
Too bad about you not getting the game Reidman.

P.S If you're really worried about JWinn, I could always change the name on the boat! :P

On second thoughts, with my graphic skills (lack of), seven letters might be a bit too much for me to manage! :ugh:

Yeah, it's a bummer.

P.S-Better his name on the boat than mine. I don't feel like being anyone's supper, thanks. :goofy:

Jaws
10-16-2005, 06:58 AM
Well get those fins going then. :P

Talk about Fins that's gonna be my appetizer for our game, I'll be watching their game on TV for starters with my Dolphin kid, so I might be a little late Jovi!

alan
10-16-2005, 07:00 AM
everyone a WIN today is as good as done.every week my rugby team wins so do the broncos and we won this morning

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:01 AM
everyone a WIN today is as good as done.every week my rugby team wins so do the broncos and we won this morning

The omens are good then. Both my soccer and rugby teams won this weekend too! Were you able to play, or is your knee still dodgy?

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:04 AM
Mmmmm.........beer. Glugggggggggg. :beer:

Oops, got carried away.

be back in bit, got to set my fantasy lineups. ta ta!

bronco30
10-16-2005, 07:04 AM

i hope that continues it should be a gr8 game...i say 31-27

alan
10-16-2005, 07:06 AM
The omens are good then. Both my soccer and rugby teams won this weekend too! Were you able to play, or is your knee still dodgy?

ya its very dodgy im on cruthes,im trying to be back asap.english team next week :fight: ;)

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:07 AM
ya its very dodgy im on cruthes,im trying to be back asap.english team next week :fight: ;)

You gotta be ready for that, get some physiotherapy quick boy! :D

alan
10-16-2005, 07:14 AM
You gotta be ready for that, get some physiotherapy quick boy! :D

ya i hope i can be back for that one

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:15 AM
They're picking the Broncos to win (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8964571) :beer:

KeystoneBronco
10-16-2005, 07:17 AM
Well, don't post often though I read boards all the time. Just want to say this is a huge week as everyone knows, and wanted to give a little GO BRONCOS!

After all the fox sports network crap going on this week, I hope that the broncos really show up for this game with a good head on their shoulders, play a tight game, and win.. the only thing the fox people said that I agree with is that this is a "must win" game...

We've been hearing that term a lot with our team the past few weeks, and every week they've been doing their job, but broncos handling pats well will show the remaining critics that they are here to stay this year. Plummers been playing smarter, and overall the team is playing tighter then they have in a couple years. If we can watch the penalties/turnovers, and create some turnovers on D then we can control this game.

Broncos need to play bronco football to win this. Pound the ball over and over and over again, then take it to the air with some misdirection...

Good luck broncos! We're cheering for ya!

alan
10-16-2005, 07:18 AM
They're picking the Broncos to win (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8964571) :beer:

thats not usualy a good thing :heh: :ugh:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:24 AM
thats not usualy a good thing :heh: :ugh:
I know, I think we play better when we're the under dog.

alan
10-16-2005, 07:29 AM
I know, I think we play better when we're the under dog.

ya thats usually the case but im sure of win today curtosy of our running game

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:36 AM
ya thats usually the case but im sure of win today curtosy of our running game
And I think that's the only way we're going to get it done is with the run game. A healthy dose of MA and Bell and keep Plummer from having to throw into the secondary too much.

alan
10-16-2005, 07:37 AM
ya my thoughts exactly,im goina go and do my homework il see you guys in about 5 hours.bye

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:42 AM
ya my thoughts exactly,im goina go and do my homework il see you guys in about 5 hours.bye

See ya. Hope you get a few good hours work in so you can enjoy afterwards. :beer:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:44 AM
See ya Alan. Homework sucks but it's good your doing it before the game.

alan
10-16-2005, 07:45 AM
im still here i cant tear myself away i need help :goofy:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Alan, go do your homework this instant young man!!! :mad:

Did that help??

BroncosB2B
10-16-2005, 07:48 AM
Champ is going to play. Just saw it on Sportscenter.

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 07:50 AM

Good news :D , hope he doesn't get reinjured though. :ugh:

alan
10-16-2005, 07:51 AM
Alan, go do your homework this instant young man!!! :mad:

Did that help??

no,i suck :mad:

Jaws

I'm trying to go too. I got some things that need doing. I was here for hours last week. How about we make a pact, if I go you go too?

Reidman
YESSSS!!!!!!!! :beer:

alan
its really bad aswell i have a 6 page history essay and a 3 page english poetry essay plus loadsa other homework aswell

alan
10-16-2005, 07:52 AM
I'm trying to go too. I got some things that need doing. I was here for hours last week. How about we make a pact, if I go you go too?

how can we tell the other one is gone

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:53 AM

I dunno, it's so hard leaving isn't it?!

bronco30
10-16-2005, 07:54 AM

thats very good news now hope hes healthy rest of the year....i can see it now 1st play from pats to test out champ deep w/ whoever hes covering...prolly dion branch..

alan
10-16-2005, 07:56 AM
I dunno, it's so hard leaving isn't it?!

i know so much homework

2 Minute Warning
RATS :mad: Weather might be very stormy :eek: (could lose power) around game time here....if I miss any of the game due to the weather I know some weather people that will be in trouble....

P.S.Yes we have enough food for everybody. :cheers:

Jaws

Going......going........GONE (I'll ask Reidman later if you went too lol ! If you didn't there's trouble! ;) )

alan
by the way you guys like my game day avatar

alan
10-16-2005, 07:57 AM
Going......going........GONE (I'll ask Reidman later if you went too lol ! If you didn't there's trouble! ;) )

so will i .going going.............gone

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 07:57 AM
i know so much homework

Hope your knee is better soon! :heh:

alan
10-16-2005, 07:58 AM
Hope your knee is better soon! :heh:

thANKS jovi

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:58 AM
RATS :mad: Weather might be very stormy :eek: (could lose power) around game time here....if I miss any of the game due to the weather I know some weather people that will be in trouble....

P.S.Yes we have enough food for everybody. :cheers:

Oh dear that doesn't sound too promising. Maybe I'd better not make that trip across the atlantic after all, I'm a weak swimmer and I don't want to take risks!

Jaws
10-16-2005, 07:59 AM
so will i .going going.............gone

You're still here! I beat ya! I went 1st! :P

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 08:01 AM
Oh dear that doesn't sound too promising. Maybe I'd better not make that trip across the atlantic after all, I'm a weak swimmer and I don't want to take risks!

Weak swimmer...really? :confused: No way! :P

Reidman
10-16-2005, 08:06 AM
I like your gameday avatar Alan.

Now both of ya (Alan, Jaws), get outta here! :P

scottie
10-16-2005, 08:08 AM
[QUOTE=JoviBronco]RATS Weather might be very stormy (could lose power) around game time here....if I miss any of the game due to the weather I know some weather people that will be in trouble.... QUOTE]

Aww no .... hope that doesnt happen for you ........ I will come over personally and sort out the weather people for you otherwise :fight: :mad:

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 08:13 AM

I'm going.....Broncos Count Down To Kickoff will be on soon.

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 08:38 AM
Well :huh: I didn't mean to kill :eek: the thread...........lol. :P

bud7486
10-16-2005, 08:41 AM
Well i cant attend the game but i will be watching on NFL sunday ticket. LETS GO BRONCOS!!!!!

bud7486
10-16-2005, 08:45 AM
I've noticed that just about every team has some stadium chants the fans do. I know there is the IN-COM-PLETE chant but is there anything else you guys do at the stadium?

Jaws
10-16-2005, 08:58 AM
Weak swimmer...really? :confused: No way! :P

I'm just scared of thunderstorms really Jovi! :heh:

DMD-Br0nc0
10-16-2005, 09:01 AM
Hey guys, just got the injury report from espn, Seymore didnt make the trip, and Troy Brown is out with a foot injury. Although i hate to hear of injuries, this is good news for us!

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 09:02 AM
I'm just scared of thunderstorms really Jovi! :heh:

So am I!! :eek: :eek:

mikemustgo
10-16-2005, 09:03 AM
I think today we will relive one of shannon's best crap talking bits of all time!!

We will kill the pats today and it wont just be with the run and defense!! :beer:

Jaws
10-16-2005, 09:04 AM
So am I!! :eek: :eek:

It suddenly went quiet here for half an hour!

I wonder why that happened? ;)

BroncFanIN
10-16-2005, 09:35 AM
Game of the week! No one (except Shannon Sharpe) thinks Denver is going to win at home...

Yep...keep underestimating us!

The run game is back, baby!

GO BRONCOS!

Reidman
10-16-2005, 09:41 AM
It suddenly went quiet here for half an hour!

I wonder why that happened? ;)
Everybody's probably doing last minute things before the first game action starts.

Elway
10-16-2005, 09:44 AM
Just watching my Countdown on ESPN.

They said Champ is a game time decison, but Andrea Kramer talked to Champ, and she reported that he said he will play. Let's hope he is right.

broncosfan247
10-16-2005, 09:48 AM
Game of the week! No one (except Shannon Sharpe) thinks Denver is going to win at home...

Yep...keep underestimating us!

The run game is back, baby!

GO BRONCOS!

WHAT?! Sharpe is hopping back on the bandwagon? Great, our season is now over. :mad:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 09:50 AM
Anybody watch NFL countdown on ESPN?
There's help for all you butter fingers out there! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Elway
10-16-2005, 09:50 AM
CBS

Shannon: Picked Broncos to win
Marino: Picked Patriots
Boomer Esiason: Picked Patriots

ESPN

Steve Young: Bronocs
Michael Irvin: Patriots
Tom Jackson: Broncos

Fl_playa101
10-16-2005, 09:51 AM
CBS

Shannon: Picked Broncos to win
Marino: Picked Patriots
Boomer Esiason: Picked Patriots

ESPN

Steve Young: Bronocs
Michael Irvin: Patriots
Tom Jackson: Broncos

damn i wish it would have been a sweep for the pats. I like the underdog role

Reidman
10-16-2005, 09:54 AM
Steve young picked Plummer and Brady as his gamebreaker QBs today.

BroncoBailey024
10-16-2005, 09:58 AM
How many touchdowns did he have against the broncos last year in the playoff game? :confused:

GridironChamp
10-16-2005, 09:59 AM
How many touchdowns did he have against the broncos last year in the playoff game? :confused:

What are you smoking, i told you that Harrison didnt score. Are you that crazy??? :confused:

alan
10-16-2005, 09:59 AM
hey guys im back...................well breifly im about half way through my homework.just finished one killer eassy now have another one to do,

hey jaws i see your back,is emacipator around?

Freestyle
10-16-2005, 10:00 AM
playoff game? There was no playoff game!!! *slams door closed*

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:01 AM
hey guys im back...................well breifly im about half way through my homework.just finished one killer eassy now have another one to do,

hey jaws i see your back,is emacipator around?
Welcome back Alan. Man you're quick. Essays were my weakness when I was in school, took me forever to write.

BroncoBailey024
10-16-2005, 10:01 AM
What are you smoking, i told you that Harrison didnt score. Are you that crazy??? :confused:
o well gridiron u lose the bet :P

alan
10-16-2005, 10:03 AM
Welcome back Alan. Man you're quick. Essays were my weakness when I was in school, took me forever to write.

ya im quick enough-7 a4 page about religions influence on education in 19th century ireland,really interesting stuff :ugh:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:04 AM
ya im quick enough-7 a4 page about religions influence on education in 19th century ireland,really interesting stuff :ugh:
Hmm, sounds interesting *sarcasm*

Well, you have 3 hours to finish the rest before Bronco kickoff.

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:05 AM
Wow, good first game, Bungholes and Titans :coffee:

alan
10-16-2005, 10:06 AM
Hmm, sounds interesting *sarcasm*

Well, you have 3 hours to finish the rest before Bronco kickoff.

ya well its on wb yeats's use of magery through writing,any tips.4 a4 pages :ugh: :ugh:

YOUNGERJKSPEE
10-16-2005, 10:07 AM
"GO!"....."BRONCOS!" and "DEFENSE!DEFENSE!"

bronco30
10-16-2005, 10:08 AM
i got the skins n chiefs...go skinssss

DenverFanInGB
10-16-2005, 10:08 AM
I say Broncos win 27-24!!!

Go Broncos!!

Plus I'm getting the game on CBS here in Green Bay!! :beer:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:09 AM
ya well its on wb yeats's use of magery through writing,any tips.4 a4 pages :ugh: :ugh:
Sorry bro, no tips except make good use of the internet, that always helped me.

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:10 AM
I say Broncos win 27-24!!!

Go Broncos!!

Plus I'm getting the game on CBS here in Green Bay!! :beer:
Wish I was, but I guess they feel San Diego and Oakland is a more worthwhile attraction :coffee:

BTW, love the sig man, that's cool!

BroncoPride85
10-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I hope the Bronco fans make alot of noise and distract the Pats. Make them little pattys scared of not only the Bronco team but also their fans :D

alan
10-16-2005, 10:12 AM
Sorry bro, no tips except make good use of the internet, that always helped me.

k man c u in a couple of hours

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:13 AM
k man c u in a couple of hours
Later. :cheers:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:24 AM
I think this will be our toughest fought game of the season so far. Hopefully we can take advantage of their depleted secondary and score often.

I pray that the San diego/Oakland game is a blowout so they switch over to the Bronco game at some point. Man why did I choose to live in the west??

section 118
10-16-2005, 10:41 AM
I am not exactly sure but I think 10?

BroncoBailey024
10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
I am not exactly sure but I think 10?
Are u high? :goofy:

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 10:44 AM
Went to worship the Lord at church.

GridironChamp
10-16-2005, 10:45 AM
Are u high? :goofy:

are you sure i loose BB024 :laugh:

bronco30
10-16-2005, 10:50 AM
I think this will be our toughest fought game of the season so far. Hopefully we can take advantage of their depleted secondary and score often.

I pray that the San diego/Oakland game is a blowout so they switch over to the Bronco game at some point. Man why did I choose to live in the west??

i agree its one of those measuring stick games to see how good we really are...gunna need a huge performance from our front 4 vs run n pass bcuzz if we have to blitz alot to get pressure he'll slice us up....also need to tackle better today...

yah the passing game needs to get going hopefully big plays to rod n ashley...i'd like see putz more involved to..

Orangecrush40
10-16-2005, 10:50 AM
Does Invesco rock as hard as Mile High used to? It seems like the new stadium doesn't shake like Mile High. I remember many a time watching games with the cameras shaking because the stands are rocking so hard. I don't see that as much since the Broncos moved to Invesco

Maryland
10-16-2005, 10:52 AM
Hands-down, Domonique Foxworth will get a franchise tag. Ever since we met in middle school, I've been following his progress for along time. I believe in his personal values, abilities, motivation and drive. Put your money on him.

Reidman
Good man. :beer:

Now, with that done, get ready for some Bronco football baby!!!

bronco30

hope you prayed/asked for a victory...

BroncoBailey024
10-16-2005, 10:53 AM
Both of them are amazingly talented. :beer:

Reidman
10-16-2005, 10:55 AM
Yesss! Skins are beating kc right now 7-3.

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:01 AM
hope you prayed/asked for a victory... I'm sorry to say no I didn't. As a matter of fact, when I played sports I never asked for a victory only for protection. When I coach little league games, I pray for their protection. (Kids caught on and they don't ask for victory either. They just practice hard and we were 24-3 in my 10 & 11 yr old baseball team.

But yes Denver could use some intervention in this game. ;)
They'll win this game. This is going to be a good game.

bleedbluorange
10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
Does Invesco rock as hard as Mile High used to? It seems like the new stadium doesn't shake like Mile High. I remember many a time watching games with the cameras shaking because the stands are rocking so hard. I don't see that as much since the Broncos moved to Invesco
Of course not......I've never been to either, but it's clear Invesco is a weaker stadium

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:03 AM
What do you think today's score will be?

I think we can win a high scoring game. 31-24

Reidman
10-16-2005, 11:04 AM
I'm sorry to say no I didn't. As a matter of fact, when I played sports I never asked for a victory only for protection. When I coach little league games, I pray for their protection. (Kids caught on and they don't ask for victory either. They just practice hard and we were 24-3 in my 10 & 11 yr old baseball team.

But yes Denver could use some intervention in this game. ;)
They'll win this game. This is going to be a good game.
Great message Emancipator! :beer:
I think the Broncos will do just fine without any intervention but they could always use someone to watch over them and keep everybody injury free.

Reidman
10-16-2005, 11:06 AM
What do you think today's score will be?

I think we can win a high scoring game. 31-24
I think high scoring but much closer simply because Brady is clutch, and they still are the National Champs. I think it will be either 21-20 or 27-24, Broncos winning of course.

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:09 AM
Only about two hours to kick off time, I hate waiting when I know I'll be able to watch the game this week!!!

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Only about two hours to kick off time, I hate waiting when I know I'll be able to watch the game this week!!!
I feel the same. I'm getting prepared for the game.

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:10 AM
Bright side about waiting is following my fantasy picks

Griese got me points, Santanna Moss got me points, and I had a Todd Heap sighting!

Maybe I won't get blown out this week after all.

*Atwater*
10-16-2005, 11:11 AM
I Cant wait for the Broncos game to start I've been waitng all week for this. I even wore my broncos pajamas too sleep, when the game starts I'll be wearing my Denver Broncos jersey. :beer: :coffee:

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:12 AM

Lucky Jersey for the Day that I am wearing is PRYCE.

I had luck with my previous Bailey & Elam selections earlier this year.

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 11:14 AM

Lets :D hope the luck is still with you. :cheers:

alan
10-16-2005, 11:14 AM
wahay reidman ive finished my yeats thing and most of my other homework too :D

hey guys im back

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM

Great choice, because it will be guys like Pryce, Brown, Ekuban, Engleberger, Warren.........the front D-line that will have to shine. Usually Pryce will set the tone for these guys.

I'm writing Pryce down on top of my note pad.

y2cragie
10-16-2005, 11:15 AM
Its the design and construction. The sheer amount of concrete in Invesco field means the vibrations and ressonance will be less.

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:16 AM
Lets :D hope the luck is still with you. :cheers:

I haven't worn Plummer since week one and we are undefeated since then. ;)

alan
10-16-2005, 11:16 AM

hey man good to see you back,whats up been wantin to talk to you all day.hope that didnt sound too gay :heh: :ugh:

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:17 AM
We both love women and girls.
But anyways you and I are good friends. So yes I'm glad to be back talking with you today too.

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:18 AM
hope that didnt sound too gay :heh: :ugh:

"Not that there's anything wrong with that." J. Seinfeld

alan
10-16-2005, 11:19 AM
my rugby team won today and thats good everytime we win the broncos win and another omen is we bet the champions of the last 2 years-spooky or what

bleedbluorange
10-16-2005, 11:20 AM
Its the design and construction. The sheer amount of concrete in Invesco field means the vibrations and ressonance will be less.
There are different fans at Invesco. I've heard many members of this board say that Invesco is much more corporate.

Elway
10-16-2005, 11:20 AM
my rugby team won today and thats good everytime we win the broncos win and another omen is we bet the champions of the last 2 years-spooky or what

To me an intelligent Raider fan would be spooky!!! :eek:

j/k you sensitive Oakland people.

alan
10-16-2005, 11:21 AM
To me an intelligent Raider fan would be spooky!!! :eek:

j/k you sensitive Oakland people.

hehehe lol :laugh:

Emancipator
I'm glad you all won. Yes, hopefully Denver can follow them to a victory.

Reidman
Harrison didn't have any TD's in that game. Every other player on the team did though. :mad:

Colts vs Broncos box score (http://www.jt-sw.com/football/boxes/index.nsf/Games/2004-post-wc-den-ind)

alan
10-16-2005, 11:22 AM
I'm glad you all won. Yes, hopefully Denver can follow them to a victory.

i would be if i hadnt twisted my knee on friday night-ive done some damage to the soft tissue :ugh:

alan
10-16-2005, 11:23 AM
i like your new E avatar

Reidman
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
You'd think Bronco fans would know something like that, but admittedly I didn't realize that myself. I mean, Marvin Harrison not scoring in a playoff game, seems unlikely. Guess we were so busy covering him that we forgot to cover everybody else on the team. :coffee:

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:24 AM
I hope you'll be able to recover quickly.

Elway, I hear Griese will not return to the game, so I'm not sure how many fantasy points you'll be getting from him today.

alan
10-16-2005, 11:26 AM
ya so do i,do you think its time for my superstisous chinese take away yet

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:26 AM
i like your new E avatar

Thanks. I finally found something that I liked myself.

2 Minute Warning
10-16-2005, 11:27 AM
alan

Were you able to get any pictures :D of the pictures :D of John Wayne and Maralyn(sp?) Monroe your Grandad has?

Emancipator
10-16-2005, 11:27 AM
ya so do i,do you think its time for my superstisous chinese take away yet

Keep getting that Chinese food for gamedays. LOL :cheers: