PDA

View Full Version : Toss Up: Reggie Bush or Matt Leinhart

West
10-16-2005, 06:55 PM
Who would you rather have to build around for your franchise?

broncofan303
10-16-2005, 07:12 PM
BUSH...do I need to explain?

aberdien
10-16-2005, 07:19 PM
BUSH...do I need to explain?

Are you psychic?

Bush, for millions of reasons.

TXBRONC
10-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Leinart because I think our ground game already has a back we can build the ground game around.

OrangePeel
10-17-2005, 03:44 PM
hes talking terms of a stripped team, no players on it.

Bush,
reasons:

Leinart = Overhyped as franchise QB, he is a SYSTEM QB, with poise and a few physical abilities..

Bush = A not so poor man's LT, but without the experience (which he will learn in time)

Reidman
10-17-2005, 03:46 PM
I would say Lienhart because you want to build around your QB, plus it seems like RB's are a dime a dozen, but a great QB is rare and hard to find. JMO.

PsychoChicken
10-17-2005, 03:52 PM
Leinart does seem like somewhat of a system QB, but then again, so did Carson Palmer. Leinart has above average arm strength and is very accurate. I also like his decision making and pocket presence. Franchise QBs are difficult to find, and Leinart has what it takes to become one.

Bush is fun to watch and sells tickets, but good running backs are everywhere and in my opinion, the only way Bush can win a game singlehandedly is in the return game. Otherwise, I feel he relies heavily on USC's passing game to find open space.

Give me Leinart and I'll have one of the cornerstones of a football team for years.

MileHighSpirit
10-17-2005, 04:11 PM
Bush is the kind of player who makes an entire offense better. An undersized QB with little talent (*cough* Drew Brees) can get him the ball. It isn't difficult. He is like Marshall Faulk all over again; the kind of player who can just flat out score with the ball in his hands. He can line up as a wideout; he can break ankles in the open field; he can flat our win you ball games.

Yes running backs are easier to find, but amazing talent like Reggie doesn't come around too often.

Leinart is a solid prospect with a lot of intangibles, but he is not the pure, irrefutable gamebreaker that Bush is.

My point goes to Bush.

TXBRONC
10-17-2005, 07:07 PM
Leinart does seem like somewhat of a system QB, but then again, so did Carson Palmer. Leinart has above average arm strength and is very accurate. I also like his decision making and pocket presence. Franchise QBs are difficult to find, and Leinart has what it takes to become one.

Bush is fun to watch and sells tickets, but good running backs are everywhere and in my opinion, the only way Bush can win a game singlehandedly is in the return game. Otherwise, I feel he relies heavily on USC's passing game to find open space.

Give me Leinart and I'll have one of the cornerstones of a football team for years.

I agree with you Leinart no system qb he's a very talented qb. Although he will be able effective just about any pro offense I think that his talent will be best served in a WCO.

Booher
10-17-2005, 07:12 PM
bush...leinart is overrated.BIGTIME!

Hells Bells
10-17-2005, 10:05 PM
Reggie Bush, absolutely no question. It seems like every time I watch USC he does something which makes me wonder if he is a robot.

He's also so damn versatile. He's a great, great receiver and obviously an amazing returner. The only thing that would worry me is his between the tackles running, which is done a lot more in the NFL than in college, and isn't really his style. Doesn't really matter though. I would do a conga dance naked in the street if the Raiders got him.

broncofan303
10-17-2005, 10:24 PM
Reggie Bush, absolutely no question. It seems like every time I watch USC he does something which makes me wonder if he is a robot.

He's also so damn versatile. He's a great, great receiver and obviously an amazing returner. The only thing that would worry me is his between the tackles running, which is done a lot more in the NFL than in college, and isn't really his style. Doesn't really matter though. I would do a conga dance naked in the street if the Raiders got him.

Please God, don't let Raiders get him...LOL....

But you're absolutely right about Bush, great facts...

chickennob2
10-17-2005, 11:43 PM
I don't know about Bush. With LenDale White always there to give him breathers, i wonder about his durability. Can he be the one and only back in a system? The hits are harder, can he take a beating every down? I jsut dont know. im not saying that he cant, im jsut saying that we have no idea if he can or cant. I think i might take Leinhart.