PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Williams--Va Tech

ColRockies_5
10-21-2005, 08:26 AM
Man this guy is gonna be a great player at the next level. He has good size (6-3, 216), he's fast, and he plays physical. He can fit in as a corner or a safety. The broncs should think about picking him up to replace lynch if he's still around when our pick comes up. Anybody have any thoughts on this guy? I doubt he'll make it out of the top 10, so we'll have to keep rooting for the redskins to keep the losing streak alive.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
10-21-2005, 10:15 AM
He's probably going to the 49ers. He's definitely a top 10 selection and the only "elite" CB in this draft. I think he'll be a top 6 selection.

OrangePeel
10-21-2005, 12:34 PM
we didnt draft 3 CB's last year for no reason

I love our depth at the position, and think we are set for a while.

Momentum
10-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Hmmmm... I want to see Browner's progression first.

PsychoChicken
10-22-2005, 11:47 PM
we didnt draft 3 CB's last year for no reason

I love our depth at the position, and think we are set for a while.
The Broncos could draft him as a free safety, which they need, but I believe that by the end of this year, Williams will have proven that he can be one hell of a CB and will be unwilling to play safety in the NFL. After all, CB is where the money is at.

Obviously, Denver doesn't need a CB, and most of the top tier safeties are second rounders, so it would be logical to pass on Williams and take a second round safety.

...Not that they'll even have a chance to take Williams. He sure as hell won't make it out of the top 10. I have him possibly going to the 49ers at 2nd overall, though I believe Reggie Bush is more likely at that spot. I'm sure every team in the top 10 (except the Texans, who'd better take a LT) would love to have him.