PDA

View Full Version : Official Game Day thread: Week 7 2005 Broncos @ Giants

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

JHoward
10-17-2005, 09:14 PM
In the sound byte from "The Horses Mouth" Ebenezer Ekuban summed it up by saying that if the Broncos dont learn to close the game out and execute in the second half it will end up costing them in the long run. Well said Ebenezer.

White Dragon
10-17-2005, 09:15 PM
Now did he say it in a high, squeaky voice?
I keed, I keed. :D

arapaho
10-17-2005, 09:20 PM
good call i think alot of us think the same thing ...someone will come back on us if we dont put it away

RazR
10-17-2005, 09:41 PM
It's just a matter of execution. The team knows they can't afford these late comeback anymore or it will eventually burn them. Shanahan made it clear in his press conference that the team will let up a bit when up by a large margin. BUT... letting the other team back in the game wasn't part of the plan.

I agree with the play calling, the team just didn't execute it very well. That's something to work on this week.

arapaho
10-17-2005, 09:51 PM
It's just a matter of execution. The team knows they can't afford these late comeback anymore or it will eventually burn them. Shanahan made it clear in his press conference that the team will let up a bit when up by a large margin. BUT... letting the other team back in the game wasn't part of the plan.

I agree with the play calling, the team just didn't execute it very well. That's something to work on this week.

it is not simply a matter of execution........it is a matter of the coaching staff getting a lead and playing safe...............keep the tempo upbeat and aggresive and the players will respond and continue to execute.....slow down the aggressivenes and the team will relax and start not playing with speed and conviction....allowing a team back in

BroncoFanCam
10-18-2005, 06:41 AM
We need to finish off games like we did against KC... aggressively. I don't care why we did it (revenge basically for how KC did us last time - i.e. throwing something like 15 of their last 28 plays or somet5hing with a huge lead), we need to get teams down and keep stomping them till the whistle blows. Instead our fire tends to fizzle out when we have a lead, and then teams that shouldn't even be close make a game of it. Worrisome....

cdnbroncosfan
10-18-2005, 07:03 AM
It didn't help that we had some dropped passes either that killed some drives in the second half. Adams had one go through his hands and Bell dropped one that would have been a sure first down to keep the drive going and take time off the clock.

arapaho
10-18-2005, 07:58 AM
It didn't help that we had some dropped passes either that killed some drives in the second half. Adams had one go through his hands and Bell dropped one that would have been a sure first down to keep the drive going and take time off the clock.

what about the other scads of 3 n outs..... the thing is its harder to covert a 3rd an 9 then it is a 3rd and 2...but with the mellow ,safe playcalling thats what we had

ChampBaliey24
10-20-2005, 04:35 PM
Darrent 5'8" is up against a 6'5" plaxico burress. The giants are too well matched up against us. we will lose big.

Blazindro
10-20-2005, 04:36 PM
Well I think that the Broncos can pull out the win, but if they happen to lose it won't be by much.

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-20-2005, 04:37 PM
You... Are... Stupid.

First off, Champ is listed as probable, so turn your no-knowledge little stupid ass statement around. It's 6'0 Champ Bailey, the best corner in the league, against 6'5 Plaxico.

Don't lose your faith, seems to me like you're a little dip****.

BroncoBailey024
10-20-2005, 04:38 PM
Please tell me how you know the match ups? :coffee:

More than likely Champ or Walls will be on plex.

And who ever is on plex will prolly have a lot of over the top help, except Champ he's too good. :P

Momentum
10-20-2005, 04:41 PM
Darrent 5'8" is up against a 6'5" plaxico burress. The giants are too well matched up against us. we will lose big.

I ought to slap you for creating this post, and again for being a Darius Watts fan.

ChampBaliey24
10-20-2005, 04:43 PM
Darrent 5'8" is up against a 6'5" plaxico burress. The giants are too well matched up against us. we will lose big.http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67056&type=StrategyAndPersonnel

ChampBaliey24
10-20-2005, 04:45 PM
this is where i got my resources
the facts (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67056&type=StrategyAndPersonnel)

brom66an6
10-20-2005, 04:46 PM
I wouldn't take foxsports' opinion of the matchups as facts. Aren't they the same people that use the stupid DVOA system?

BroncoBailey024
10-20-2005, 04:48 PM
O well even if Darrent is on plex he will have help from Ferguson and Lynch :duh:

BroncFanIN
10-20-2005, 04:55 PM
So...because of 1 person we will lose this game?

Okay then..we will win the game because Ian Gold will sack Eli Manning 3 times, causing Eli to fumble....

We will win because Lelie will beat his match-up for a long TD down the right side.

We will win because Tatum will bust free and run 60 yds for a TD.

Who needs the other 10 guys on the field? :ugh:

OrangeShadow
10-20-2005, 05:05 PM
um walls is 6'4 so im pretty sure wed be better off playing him or champ on plax. besides hes not THAT good only reason he had ANY success in Pitt was becuase they had Hines to draw double coverage

richiejakobe
10-20-2005, 05:07 PM

lol, dude fair weather fans like you are suposed to jump off of the bandwagon when their team loses, not when they are on a five game winning streak :duh:

So.CalBRONCOFAN
10-20-2005, 05:21 PM
PLEASE LEAVE OUR BOARDS FOR POSTING GUARANTEED LOSSES AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM.

I hate these guys who guarantee losses for us, especially bronco fans. I bet you guaranteed a loss against the Skins and against the Chiefs and against the Pats, DONT EVER GUARANTEE A LOSS AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM... :sick: leave now!

metal_mulisha
10-20-2005, 05:28 PM
I'm sry but i totally think this is already a win fir the broncos

BlueDevilsDB
10-20-2005, 05:32 PM
Hmm, our Corners seemed to do fine againt a 6' 6" Matt Jones, a 6' 4" Ernest Wilford, and a 6' 4" Reggie Williams of Jacksonville.

REEF_811
10-20-2005, 05:44 PM
Leave this board please or smack yourself for being so stupid. Its called walls or bailey on plax and williams will probably cover toomer. Never say ur own team is gunna loose. Foxsports are just plain dumb they had us for powerrankings this week at 12 i think and like had a couple 3-3 or sumthin teams in the top 5. use ur common sense!

ReleaseTheBeast7
10-20-2005, 05:54 PM
Hmm, our Corners seemed to do fine againt a 6' 6" Matt Jones, a 6' 4" Ernest Wilford, and a 6' 4" Reggie Williams of Jacksonville.
WITHOUT Champ may I add.

I wonder where that idiot went... To the Colts bandwagon maybe?

rogue719
10-20-2005, 07:06 PM
the facts (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamReport?categoryId=67056&type=StrategyAndPersonnel)

And therein lies your problem. You are regarding Faux ANYTHING as a reliable source. There is nothing reliable about their sports, their news or their management.

topscribe
10-20-2005, 07:29 PM
And therein lies your problem. You are regarding Faux ANYTHING as a reliable source. There is nothing reliable about their sports, their news or their management.
I like their news side; I really do.

But I wouldn't give a plug nickel for their sports "analyses."

-----

rogue719
10-20-2005, 07:33 PM

-----
Sadly their news side (http://www.americanassembler.com/issues/media/media.html) is just as unreliable.

The only way to really know what is going on is to go look for the news, not get it from broadcast media.

Fl_playa101
10-20-2005, 07:45 PM
PLEASE LEAVE OUR BOARDS FOR POSTING GUARANTEED LOSSES AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM.

I hate these guys who guarantee losses for us, especially bronco fans. I bet you guaranteed a loss against the Skins and against the Chiefs and against the Pats, DONT EVER GUARANTEE A LOSS AGAINST YOUR OWN TEAM... :sick: leave now!

i concur ...

all_denver
10-20-2005, 07:51 PM
U CALL UR SELF A BRONCO FAN...PLZ DON'T COME AROUND WHEN DENVER OWNS THE GIANTS...WAT A QUEER U ARE...U BRONCO HATER

RazR
10-20-2005, 07:53 PM
I'd be more concerned (from a Giants standpoint) how Allen will do against Rod Smith. That's a great matchup for the Broncos.

Our CB's have been great thus far. Our rookies have more than stepped up. They've bough Champ Bailey more time to heal that hamtring.

Colorado69
10-20-2005, 08:02 PM
I too believe that the set of WRs from Jacksonville presented more problems than what the Giants WRs will provide. The Jag receivers had more speed and better hands than the Giants group. I also liked hearing about the suspect pass protection capabilities of the O-Line of the Giants. Maybe this is the game where the entire defensive line goes crazy and they sack Manning about ten times. The suspect defensive backfield may lead to another 2nd quarter like that against New England. It would be nice to see the Broncos tear up a team on the road. They did a good job against Jacksonvile, which I think is a better team than the Giants, and an equal effort in this game may give much greater results. Hope for 31-7 Broncos!!!

rcsodak
10-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Because the idiot doesn't know about Walls, is why he's listing Williams.

You don't REALLY think they'll put 5'8 v 6'5, do you? :coffee:

rcsodak
10-20-2005, 10:55 PM
Sadly their news side (http://www.americanassembler.com/issues/media/media.html) is just as unreliable.

The only way to really know what is going on is to go look for the news, not get it from broadcast media.

Reality check, rogue....

IT'S OCTOBER OF 2 0 0 5 !!!!!!!! :coffee:

1986GIANTS
10-20-2005, 10:59 PM
Haha, this whole entire thread is ridiculous. I was a little concerned as a NYG fan a couple days ago, and still am to a certain extent. I have respect for Denver; You're playing very well, and this is going to be a very tough game. But, IMO, the teams you have beaten are no better than us. Your lack of respect for the Giants is troubling. You beat a slow starting San Diego team, a washed up Patriots team, an overrated KC and Jacksonville teams, and lastly, the luckiest team in the NFC thus far (next to Dallas) this season-Washington. You're not going to sack Eli 10 times. You're not going to make Eli fumble 4 times. You're not going to force Eli into throwing 6 INT's. You may (or may not) get some pressure on him, but give him (and our O-line) some credit. He's matured quiet a bit since 2004, and he's making smarter decisions. If you’re going to beat us, you’ll have to beat us in the air. The best defense wins this game. Our offense (again IMO) is going to be the toughest you've faced all season up to this point. Laugh if you'd like, but after Sunday's game, win or lose, I think you'll have a new-found respect for NY. Here's to a good game! :beer:

WyoBroncoMan
10-21-2005, 08:49 AM
Haha, this whole entire thread is ridiculous. I was a little concerned as a NYG fan a couple days ago, and still am to a certain extent. I have respect for Denver; You're playing very well, and this is going to be a very tough game. But, IMO, the teams you have beaten are no better than us. Your lack of respect for the Giants is troubling. You beat a slow starting San Diego team, a washed up Patriots team, an overrated KC and Jacksonville teams, and lastly, the luckiest team in the NFC thus far (next to Dallas) this season-Washington. You're not going to sack Eli 10 times. You're not going to make Eli fumble 4 times. You're not going to force Eli into throwing 6 INT's. You may (or may not) get some pressure on him, but give him (and our O-line) some credit. He's matured quiet a bit since 2004, and he's making smarter decisions. If you’re going to beat us, you’ll have to beat us in the air. The best defense wins this game. Our offense (again IMO) is going to be the toughest you've faced all season up to this point. Laugh if you'd like, but after Sunday's game, win or lose, I think you'll have a new-found respect for NY. Here's to a good game! :beer:

I think this is the 5th week in a row where the opposing fans say this kinda a bull: You will have to beat us in the air.
You forgot to add this will be the week Plumber makes dumb mistakes and throws 3 ints.
It has been Denver's running game that continuously opens up the play action pass. Week in, week out. Will they ever learn? :confused:

JRWIZ
10-21-2005, 09:33 AM
Their offense is better than most we have seen this year.3

Do not compare manning with leftowitch. Not even in the same league.

The JAX receivers may be good but the do not throw the ball to themselves.

This should be a pretty good game and would not be surprised to lose it.

It all depends on whether the RB's can run and if assshley shows up for the SEASON this week.

NYG are a pretty good team that is well coached with some great talent on it.

Burress seems to have finally decided to live up to his talent and don;t forget Shockey one of the top 4-5 TE in the business.

If we win it will be good win.

Cugel
10-21-2005, 12:53 PM

But I wouldn't give a plug nickel for their sports "analyses."-----

Sorry Top, but their "news" side are a bunch of old-line Soviet-style apparachiks, true worshipers of state power, endlessly straining at gnats and swallowing camels whole -- and their sports commentators are no better!

The fool who wrote this column obviously wrote it early in the week without even bothering to see that Champ Bailey was listed as probable on Wednesday's IR.

So, now there's NO chance that Darrent Williams will be on Burress since Champ will start! Shanahan said that he'll play and so has Champ. If Champ can't play the whole game, then Foxworth will cover Burress with safety help over the top and Williams can cover Amani Toomer. He's 6'3" so that's also a mismatch, but Williams has to cover someone.

The real matchup problem for the Broncos will be covering Jeremy Shockey at TE with a safety and LB, since Sam Brandon is out. He was successful covering TEs the last few weeks.

Sevenis7
10-21-2005, 01:01 PM

All homerism aside, 86G. Have you looked at YOUR wins? Arizona, New Orleans (@ home instead of a neutral site), St. Louis. Collective record 5-12.

imh
10-21-2005, 02:07 PM
Same old post from another so called Broncos fan. All the haters said Denver had no chance against KC, Jax, Was, and NE. Denver beat them all and should play to win in NY. Just because a team has a taller WR than our Dbs doesn't mean they will win the game. Burress may be 6'5 but that doesn't automatically give NY the win. I think the Broncos will play well against NY and Denver has a very good chance of coming away with a win.. I look forward to seeing some great football this sunday and Go Broncos!!!!!!!!!!

AsianOrange
10-21-2005, 02:15 PM
You are out of my pep-ralley.

Colorado69
10-21-2005, 06:55 PM
I cannot believe that the Broncos will have anymore trouble with Shockley than they had with Gates and Gonzales. Granted, Barandon did a great job covering them and he is now hurt, but the concept won't change. With Bailey back on the field, any coverage on the TE will be more extensive. With Plaxico being hurt, it changes the Giant offense to either using the TE more often or trying to force the run. The one thing that the Bronco defense can do is stop the run. The Giants running game is not as good as either the Chefs or Dolts because their lines and running backs are not as talented or experinced. The idea that the Giants have played as strong a schedule as the Broncos is silly. If the Dolts are so weak, what happened when they played them???

Broncos04Champs
10-21-2005, 08:43 PM

2 Words: Darrell Green.

Size isn't everything, and I think if you have been watching closely this year, Darrent has been proving that.

ChampBaliey24
10-21-2005, 09:08 PM
Sorry about this post, I am a diehard Broncos fan and think we will win 42-10. My friend who is a Giants fan made this post, no they won't win big. He also said this before he relized Champ was playing and will shut down Buress and mark my words 2 INTs.

Peerless
10-22-2005, 08:12 AM
Sorry about this post, I am a diehard Broncos fan and think we will win 42-10. My friend who is a Giants fan made this post, no they won't win big. He also said this before he relized Champ was playing and will shut down Buress and mark my words 2 INTs.
From being here for a while now, your post is hard to believe. It's kind of funny also.

But hello :heh:

Wilson56 bell26
10-22-2005, 12:25 PM
U CALL UR SELF A BRONCO FAN...PLZ DON'T COME AROUND WHEN DENVER OWNS THE GIANTS...WAT A QUEER U ARE...U BRONCO HATER

shouldn't you be playing in traffic....you and the op please make sure to get hit by an 18 wheeler

Wilson56 bell26
10-22-2005, 12:26 PM

quit lying....you don't have friends....you are trying to make up for your mistake

GTFO

Reidman
10-22-2005, 02:09 PM
He's just a Williams hater. Here's another one of his posts hating on Williams.

Williams was not the best corner we took in the draft it was Domonique Foxworth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because Williams was picked the highest he was not the best pick or corner. Domonique Foxworth is the best pick and corner we took in the draft. He had more INTs than Williams and tackles not to mention 2.5 Inches on Williams. At 5'11" with a 38.5" vertical leap he can stay with recivers and though he ran 4.59 in the 40 he is not he is just as fast with pads so it weighs out to decent spped and the abilty to stay with recivers, oh and has outstanding cover skills. Williams may bew fast 4.34 40 and jump high 39.5" vert, but lacks cover skills and even if he stays with the reciver unless thiers a double team all the QB is got do is throw a high lob and even with his exceptional leaping abilty he is not going to come down with unless with a perfectly timed and postioned jump he won't even touch it. Why did we even take him when we could have taken Justin Miller. We should have never let go of Herndon because now we got a probable bust in Williams a crappy 2nd Corner in Lenny Walls and maybee the worst pick out of any team in the draft with Karl Paymah in the high 3rd round huh? I know you guys are going to tell me how good Lenny Walls is but he is slower than hell, has no hands, no athletcism jumping, agilty ect., and average cover skills. All he has is height and he cna't jump so the height advantage is pretty much taken away. Oh and don't even get me started on Roc Alexander cause you guys will tell me how good he is, anyone remember Wildcard weekend. I'm sorry to say this, but unless Willie Middle Brooks steps up our secondary is done cause we will be getting burned by Number 2 Recivers all year. Hopefully Champ, Lynch, and Ferguson or Brandon our whoever is Free Saftey step up and save our secondary. Or Foxworth comes in plays good enough to keep the 2nd Reciver contained or Williams some how uses his uncanty athleticism to make up for the height disadvantage. If that doesn't happen the run defense is going to be execptional or we are going to have a pittyful defense.

RoorRipper
10-22-2005, 02:35 PM
It's too bad Plax won't even play tomorrow with his back spasms.

broncolitis
10-22-2005, 02:38 PM
Broncos all the way! the giants are gonna fell anything but Gigantic when we get through with them

Cugel
10-22-2005, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by ChampBaliey24

Williams was not the best corner we took in the draft it was Domonique Foxworth

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just because Williams was picked the highest he was not the best pick or corner. Domonique Foxworth is the best pick and corner we took in the draft. He had more INTs than Williams and tackles not to mention 2.5 Inches on Williams. At 5'11" with a 38.5" vertical leap he can stay with recivers and though he ran 4.59 in the 40 he is not he is just as fast with pads so it weighs out to decent spped and the abilty to stay with recivers, oh and has outstanding cover skills. Williams may bew fast 4.34 40 and jump high 39.5" vert, but lacks cover skills and even if he stays with the reciver unless thiers a double team all the QB is got do is throw a high lob and even with his exceptional leaping abilty he is not going to come down with unless with a perfectly timed and postioned jump he won't even touch it. Why did we even take him when we could have taken Justin Miller. We should have never let go of Herndon because now we got a probable bust in Williams a crappy 2nd Corner in Lenny Walls and maybee the worst pick out of any team in the draft with Karl Paymah in the high 3rd round huh? I know you guys are going to tell me how good Lenny Walls is but he is slower than hell, has no hands, no athletcism jumping, agilty ect., and average cover skills. All he has is height and he cna't jump so the height advantage is pretty much taken away. Oh and don't even get me started on Roc Alexander cause you guys will tell me how good he is, anyone remember Wildcard weekend. I'm sorry to say this, but unless Willie Middle Brooks steps up our secondary is done cause we will be getting burned by Number 2 Recivers all year. Hopefully Champ, Lynch, and Ferguson or Brandon our whoever is Free Saftey step up and save our secondary. Or Foxworth comes in plays good enough to keep the 2nd Reciver contained or Williams some how uses his uncanty athleticism to make up for the height disadvantage. If that doesn't happen the run defense is going to be execptional or we are going to have a pittyful defense.

When was this posted? Because Middlebrooks was traded quite a long time ago.

In any case Champ24 may well be right about Foxworth being the best corner the Broncos drafted this year. He's played exceptionally well and he has a greater upside potential than Williams.

And that's not "hating" on Williams, who has totally exceeded all expectations and is proving to be a great pick!

I thought he was a reach in the 2nd round because he wasn't rated so highly and we could probably have drafted him in the 3rd round with one of our 3 picks.

But I was wrong. And nobody right now could possibly argue that Justin Miller would have been a better pick!

But it's not hating on Williams to say that Foxworth might well prove to be better in the long run.

TXBRONC
10-22-2005, 05:16 PM
When was this posted? Because Middlebrooks was traded quite a long time ago.

In any case Champ24 may well be right about Foxworth being the best corner the Broncos drafted this year. He's played exceptionally well and he has a greater upside potential than Williams.

And that's not "hating" on Williams, who has totally exceeded all expectations and is proving to be a great pick!

I thought he was a reach in the 2nd round because he wasn't rated so highly and we could probably have drafted him in the 3rd round with one of our 3 picks.

But I was wrong. And nobody right now could possibly argue that Justin Miller would have been a better pick!

But it's not hating on Williams to say that Foxworth might well prove to be better in the long run.

I read several places that Foxworth is thought of as having more upside than Williams.

Deck
10-22-2005, 06:10 PM
Sorry Top, but their "news" side are a bunch of old-line Soviet-style apparachiks, true worshipers of state power, endlessly straining at gnats and swallowing camels whole -- and their sports commentators are no better!

Lemme guess... you prefer the Communist News Network? :P

I just want it to be a good game

Snk16
10-22-2005, 06:30 PM

Champ will be matched up against Plax.

Plax might not even play. :coffee:

BRONCOS_OWN_U16
10-22-2005, 07:03 PM
Champ will be matched up against Plax.

Plax might not even play. :coffee:

what a horrible coaching decision that would be

put champ on the offensive tackle and gaurd
so we will be protected against tackle eligable passes and trick plays

dannyrbrown
10-22-2005, 07:17 PM

Wait a minute...I thought we were talking about FOX. Why did you bring the Commies into this?

Re-read your description. You accurately described CNN, not FOX.

chicago_grrl
10-22-2005, 09:07 PM

-----

FOX SUCKS PERIOD! YOU MEAN THEIR NEWS SLANT? I THINK BUSH AND HIS CRONIES MUST PAY FOX TO LIE ON TV........

CHECK IT OUT.........a documentary called OUTFOXED. It sheds some light on Fox.

:) enjoy it though if you like it....I just wouldn't put any faith into it being the truth.

Broncos04Champs
10-22-2005, 09:11 PM
I watch a combination of Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC and I like Fox News the best. I'm an independent, who will never align myself with a party because I think it defeats the purpose.

That being said, I go into CNN knowing they are more left-leaning, and go into Fox knowing they are more right-leaning...

I don't see the point of all the outrage from either side, just watch what you want to watch, figure things out for yourself. :coffee:

sendacash
10-22-2005, 09:14 PM
Is Champ playing tomorrow? Denver secondary stats are really bad and w/o Champ they are in deep trouble vs the Gints.

rcsodak
10-22-2005, 09:20 PM
FOX SUCKS PERIOD! YOU MEAN THEIR NEWS SLANT? I THINK BUSH AND HIS CRONIES MUST PAY FOX TO LIE ON TV........

CHECK IT OUT.........a documentary called OUTFOXED. It sheds some light on Fox.

:) enjoy it though if you like it....I just wouldn't put any faith into it being the truth.
.................................................. ................ :coffee:

billymischke_33
10-22-2005, 09:34 PM

more like, Champ 6'0? on an INJURED plex(probable) and Fergison playing on top, shanny wont let champ go man to man with him, hes still hurt

Elway
10-22-2005, 10:06 PM
Got some time before the game kicks off, so as with previous weeks let's kick off the game day thread with a bang.

I expect we will have our usual early birds here, so welcome!!! :D

As always COC APPLIES TO ALL.

Good luck, good health, and let's hope for a great game with the Bronco's getting a WIN!!!

Freestyle
10-22-2005, 10:09 PM
Woohoo!!! Go Broncos!!! :beer:

*looks at clock*

Doh!!! :mad:

KnightOLB53
10-22-2005, 10:16 PM
I just want this to be a massacure. Defense just suffocateing the Giants. Eli getting sacked 3-4 times 2 picks. and Offense just doing some Shock and Awe. Touchdown runs by Bell and MA and rec.touchdowns by Putz,Lelie and Smith.No turnovers.

JRWIZ
10-22-2005, 10:24 PM
I watch a combination of Fox News, CNN, and MSNBC and I like Fox News the best. I'm an independent, who will never align myself with a party because I think it defeats the purpose.

That being said, I go into CNN knowing they are more left-leaning, and go into Fox knowing they are more right-leaning...

I don't see the point of all the outrage from either side, just watch what you want to watch, figure things out for yourself. :coffee:

But, But, But that would entail thinking for oneself. It perhaps the better way to
explain it having the critical ability to do so.

Most of the public school undergraduates/graduates on this board have not been taught to do so. Nor have they been taught to be responsible for their own actions.

BTW if you are offended by my thoughts on public schools, sorry that you have not had the opportunity to experience the other side.

Elway
10-22-2005, 10:25 PM
Hopefully the team has taken it to heart that this can be a trap type of game, we've heard them say they know they are 5-1 and not looking ahead of anyone, but then again they said that last year after being 5-1 the year before.

Games like this one is where we make our mark, so far we showed we are a pretty good home team, but on the road we are 1-1. So here is the chance to make it 2-1. The offense and D have enough games under their belt playing together this season where an away game should not catch them unprepared.

Broncos04Champs
10-22-2005, 11:04 PM
But, But, But that would entail thinking for oneself. It perhaps the better way to
explain it having the critical ability to do so.

Most of the public school undergraduates/graduates on this board have not been taught to do so. Nor have they been taught to be responsible for their own actions.

BTW if you are offended by my thoughts on public schools, sorry that you have not had the opportunity to experience the other side.

I went to public school, and it was a JOKE.

My teachers all could care less what I did or didn't learn, with 2 exceptions. My Photography teacher and Government/Economics teacher.

I got interested in Politics once I learned the way things are supposed to work, and then, more on my own, the way things really work.

People on the left and the right both like to simplify everything into 2 choices. You are either this or that. I couldn't disagree more, I think there are limitless ideas about how to live, and giving the public 2 choices is an insult to our intelligence.

I will always be an independent voter. And if they want to call that a party, I will call myself a "Non-Party Voter" and if they want to call that a party, well you get the idea...

In 2004, I was of voting age for the first time. And I know how important the right to vote is, so I didn't take it lightly. I voted for Bush, because in the current system that exists, I was presented with 2 realalistic choices. Bush or Kerry. I looked into their views, watched the debates, followed the campaigns. I chose Bush because he, in my mind, was the lesser of two evils.

That being said, a lot of people my age rush to judge me as a "conservative" or "right-winger" just based on voting for Bush.
To me, that just shows not knowing how the process really works.
Besides, if we wanted to split hairs, with the electoral college in place, my vote (Texas) didn't make a difference anyway, just like there's didn't. In certain states, it was inevitable who was going to win, but anyway.

I know this is off-topic but I didn't start it - so mods, if you do get rid of all this, please create a thread somewhere to continue this discussion.

Broncos04Champs
10-22-2005, 11:20 PM
Alright, only 14 hours and 55 minutes until kickoff. :huh:

I better get to bed soon, I'm going running in the park tomorrow morning, before ESPN NFL Countdown, which for those who didn't see the thread... will have a Plummer/Shanahan interview.

I will be happy with a win, but I stick by my prediction...

Broncos 37
Giants 13

:cheers:

Dub-DeuceKnight
10-23-2005, 12:15 AM
back to the point of the thread, last I checked Plaxico was 'questionable' but that might be wrong anyway we match up very well aginst the Giants, If you look at thier record they light it up against teams with weak defenses but struggle aginst better ones. Thier wins Arizona, New Orleans, and St. Louis. Thier losses San Diego, and Dallas. Our defensive matchups work out fine, with Plaxico out it will be Toomer (who has looked awful this season) against probably Champ and the 6-0 Tim Carter (4 rec, 75 yards on the year) aginst Darrnet, and Foxworth will rotate in covering Jamaar Taylor or David Tyree. The way the season has gone those matchups Heavily favor Denver. As for Shockey, he will probably being on the receiving end of a lot of Mannings throws but Gold and Williams with thier speed and athleticism are two of the top coverage LB's in the leauge along with our safeties, who I would like to point out performed well in coverage last week it should be not much of a problem. The O-line is solid but I wouldn't say good and with our new blitzing schemes I am seeing this year (the ones that even rattled P. Manning in preseason) we should get some decent pressure on Eli and hopefully rattle him and Tiki will probably have a rough day on the ground against our front 7 as most teams in the previous weeks have had.

Dub-DeuceKnight
10-23-2005, 12:29 AM
and now to the Denver offense vs. New York Defense matchups...
New York's linebacking core and secondary core are dinged up (two injured starters in each group). Along with that thier secondary has been suspect at times through out the year, I don't expect Jake to go off like he did last week but the passing game should be able to do enough to get the job done. I do give credit to the secondary for the turnovers they are able to create and I hope Plummer will not decide to slip up this game, but he should have more options in his underneath routes to the TE's and the RB's due to the weak LB's.
As for rushing the Giants D-line is decent, Strahan is a monster and the biggest and most worrisome matchup is the bigger George Foster vs. The sack machine micheal strahan, denver needs to gameplan to keep him in check and rushing around the right which is already our weaker side could be tough. but on the left with Lepsis and Hamilton is where we will find our success. on offense.
And Finally we will continue to dominate on special teams

Dub-DeuceKnight
10-23-2005, 12:31 AM
... for some reason everyone thinks the Broncos are going to slip up and Falter in this game, it is a character test for the team to prove they can avoid a secondhalf landslide like the last two years and it will probably be a test until the make they playoffs.
But we do matchup well against the Giants so it will be interesting.

Elway
10-23-2005, 01:04 AM
Well only about 12 hours now! Time flies when you're having fun...

Jaws
10-23-2005, 01:05 AM
Yippee, it's gameday and a good day to all! :D

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 01:15 AM
I'm actually going to go to sleep in a minute. Been up all night watching college football, playing Madden 2006 (96-29), and playing Socom 3. The wife and kids are away visiting the in-laws.

Go Broncos, beat the Giants like they stole something.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 01:22 AM
When I stay up too late, I usually remember my dreams. Don't like having dreams good or bad.

Jaws, Elway, BroncosChamp04, and others, hold down the fort for me until I come back. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you guys in about 3 hours. I'm sure our friend Q-Niverse and Jovi will chime in about a couple of hours.

Oh yeah, how could I forget.........hello Alan. I'm sure you'll be on with the next hour or 2.

Go Broncos beat the Giants. Turnovers will be the key. Giants get no turnovers, and Denver will cause 4 turnovers.

Elway
10-23-2005, 01:26 AM
I'm turning in for a bit also "E" , have to get some sleep so I can wake up in time for my ESPN pre game show! :D

I'll look for eveyone here in a few hours!
C-ya.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 01:34 AM
When I stay up too late, I usually remember my dreams. Don't like having dreams good or bad.

Jaws, Elway, BroncosChamp04, and others, hold down the fort for me until I come back. Hopefully, I'll catch up with you guys in about 3 hours. I'm sure our friend Q-Niverse and Jovi will chime in about a couple of hours.

Oh yeah, how could I forget.........hello Alan. I'm sure you'll be on with the next hour or 2.

Go Broncos beat the Giants. Turnovers will be the key. Giants get no turnovers, and Denver will cause 4 turnovers.

I'd better go do a few things myself too, a 15 hour marathon in this thread would be a bit too much for me even. See you later.

Astrass
10-23-2005, 01:50 AM
funny stuff I'm reading here. But yeah...that was a really dumb thing to say about williams on plax. :duh: Anyways.....yes plax is questionable and manning will not have time to throw long time him andways. I say Shockey will get most catches cause of all the pressure on manning. Tiki wont do anything really. This game will be sad for NY.....

MileHighStud
10-23-2005, 02:40 AM
We have got to send a big message to Peyton by whipping on his sister!! Dont take this ass whippin personal ELI.

Q-niverse
10-23-2005, 02:51 AM
Finally! SUNDAY. I swear Tuesday-Fridays are pure withdrawl. Saturday's college games sort of wet the appetite but nothing compares to Sunday and Monday Night.. From the Pre-game to Monday night football it is all good.

Eli is not his brother's keeper nor is he ready to become the dstroyer of all. He has yet to face a defensive line that can put pressure on him this season. I expect our secondary to take away at least one pass from him.

The closest Eli has come to facing a dominant D-line was the Cowboys game and as we saw, he didn't do much. Our D-line will cause that unstable offensive line to fold like a pair of pocket 2s in texas hold'em.

What concerns me is our offense. I am not worried about the giants Defense however, there is one player on their D you can't account for. Wind....that stadium is notorious for wind and opposing QBs have a hard time handling this. It is even rumored that the Giants open the freight doors when the visiting team has the ball to allow more wind to come in at field level. Fortunantly Plummer has played in the Meadowlands several times as a cardinal and should know what to do.

I do not expect this game to end without Bronco turnovers. It's going to come so prepare yourself. As you watch the game be strong and do not give up the faith if one INT is thrown. The game is played in 4 quarters and most teams do not leave Giants homegames with a 0 on turnovers. It's just the nature of that stadium. We can win in the Meadowlands. The Chargers put a whipping on the giants and we can too.

Bell should have a good day but I think Ron Dayne has something to prove. I bet he touches the ball today.

Go Broncos!!! Happy football sunday to Jaws, Emancipator, Broncos04champs, and everyone else!!!

Jaws
10-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Great post and a happy football sunday to you too! :D

alan
10-23-2005, 05:06 AM
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeehaaaa-is there anything better than a broncos gameday..lets go broncos lets do our stuff and take home a win.

emancipator,jaws,q-niverse and everyone else who makes today great-lets have some fun :beer:

alan
10-23-2005, 05:27 AM
aww man im the only one here,9 hours left ish

2 Minute Warning
10-23-2005, 05:53 AM
aww man im the only one here,9 hours left ish

Morning :D Do you have your homework done?? :confused:

alan
10-23-2005, 05:57 AM
[QUOTE=JoviBronco]Morning :D Do you have your homework done?? QUOTE]

ya of course , i do :heh: why what do you wana know,who told you.

ok its not done :ugh:

2 Minute Warning
10-23-2005, 06:00 AM
[QUOTE=JoviBronco]Morning Do you have your homework done?? QUOTE]

ya of course , i do :heh: why what do you wana know,who told you.

ok its not done

Just as I thought. :P Mine isn't done either but it's still early here. :coffee:

Q-niverse
10-23-2005, 06:15 AM
I'm still here although I am going to bed. I work nights right now so I need to catch a nap before the game! Good to see you Alan!

alan
10-23-2005, 06:17 AM
I'm still here although I am going to bed. I work nights right now so I need to catch a nap before the game! Good to see you Alan!

ya good to see you too,looks like its up to us early birds to start it up again

Snk16
10-23-2005, 06:49 AM
The weather's nice, good omen, Jake's a good weather QB. It was raining like crazy last night. :beer:

Reidman
10-23-2005, 06:55 AM
Good morning fellow Bronco fans. The mochas made, the Wilson jersey is on and I am ready for some football!!!

Merry Broncos Sunday!

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:15 AM
Already been in for my morning shift, here for the afternoon one now.
Greetings to Jovi, Alan, Reidman, Snk and anyone I didn't say hello to six hours ago.
Only six more to go!

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:16 AM
We have got to send a big message to Peyton by whipping on his sister!! Dont take this ass whippin personal ELI.

Funny, very funny.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:19 AM
I had to get some sleep. The last time I did this, I made myself sick. My eyes shut down on me.

Good morning Jovi, Reid, Q-Ni, Jaws, Alan, Reid...........and the rest. Glad to see you all on.

Go Broncos beat Peyton's sister Eli and her Giants. according to Mile High Stud.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:19 AM
Funny, very funny.

Lol yeah it was. Did you have a nice nap?

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:20 AM
I don't know why any of us are worrying at all about this game - don't ya remember how the tale "Jake and the Beanstalk" ends? ;)

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:22 AM
It's going to be impossible not to committ turnovers this season, but I sure hope we don't committ any against the Giants. At least hope if they do they aren't costly.

Giants lead the league in forced turnovers. Other than that Broncos should win this game 34-13 (no more than 34-17).

BroncosB2B
10-23-2005, 07:23 AM
I don't know why any of us are worrying at all about this game - don't ya remember how the tale "Jake and the Beanstalk" ends?

That's how you get beat.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:24 AM
Lol yeah it was. Did you have a nice nap?

I had to. Last time I did this marathon, I made myself sick by being on as long as I was. I plan to take a few 10 minute breaks this time. Last time, I don't think I moved more than a total of 10 minutes.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:26 AM
That's how you get beat.

We are the fans, we suppose to sound like that. But it is different if the players did. I'm sure no Bronco player is looking past this game or think it is in the bag.

But is quite alright for the fans to say such things.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:26 AM
That's how you get beat.

But the Giant never wins in those fairytales?!! ;)

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:28 AM
I had to. Last time I did this marathon, I made myself sick by being on as long as I was. I plan to take a few 10 minute breaks this time. Last time, I don't think I moved more than a total of 10 minutes.

Excellent idea, I need to take some more breaks today too, half an hour on and half an hour off pregame I think, otherwise I'm worn out before it starts. :ugh:

BroncoRT
10-23-2005, 07:30 AM
Good morning everybody. Giant Redemption Sunday is today...payback for the 86 Super Bowl, ending the perfect 98 season and Easy Ed's poor leg. :D

GO BRONCO'S :beer:

Emancipator
We know what happened there? Jake throw your pebbles. Throw them to Rod, Ashley, Putz, Kyle, Anderson, Watts, Adams, and yes Tatum too.

Fl_playa101
Go denver :beer:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:32 AM
Good morning everybody. Giant Redemption Sunday is today...payback for the 86 Super Bowl, ending the perfect 98 season and Easy Ed's poor leg. :D

GO BRONCO'S :beer:

McConky caught on that tip. Yeah get a little back. But we could only settle a SuperBowl revenge in the SuperBowl or a pivotal game to keep them out of the playoffs.

Get that soup ready BroncoRT. It taste good with Giant meat.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:34 AM
Go denver :beer:

This is a pivotal game. Go Denver. Let's get the tailgating started in here.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 07:35 AM
I had to get some sleep. The last time I did this, I made myself sick. My eyes shut down on me.

Good morning Jovi, Reid, Q-Ni, Jaws, Alan, Reid...........and the rest. Glad to see you all on.

Go Broncos beat Peyton's sister Eli and her Giants. according to Mile High Stud.
Morning to E and everybody else. Should I feel privliged you said hi to me twice... ;) Hope you got enough sleep because I think this could be a nail biter today. I'm confident that the Broncos will prevail though.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:36 AM
We know what happened there? Jake throw your pebbles. Throw them to Rod, Ashley, Putz, Kyle, Anderson, Watts, Adams, and yes Tatum too.

Let's hope the D throws a few big hits in the face of Eli too!

BroncoRT
McConky caught on that tip. Yeah get a little back. But we could only settle a SuperBowl revenge in the SuperBowl or a pivotal game to keep them out of the playoffs.

Get that soup ready BroncoRT. It taste good with Giant meat.

We will save the Super Bowl redemption soup for the Super Bowl. Today will be payback for the 98 season. :D

My brother in law is a Giants fan so I need the Bronco's to win for many reasons.

Reidman
Let's hope the D throws a few big hits in the face of Eli too!
And that Eli throws a few picks in the hands of our D!!

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:38 AM
And that Eli throws a few picks in the hands of our D!!

and.....I've run out of hand phrases....:(

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 07:39 AM
whoohoo!! only 20 minutes to ESPN pre-game! Then its off to watch McNabb beat up on the Dolts! (I have McNabb as my FF QB).
Then the Broncos game!!! Doing laundry and stirring the beef stew during commercials.
God, I love Sundays!!

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:39 AM
Morning to E and everybody else. Should I feel privliged you said hi to me twice... ;) Hope you got enough sleep because I think this could be a nail biter today. I'm confident that the Broncos will prevail though.

Leave those nails alone. It took me 24 years to stop nail biting......I'm a recovering nailbiter for 10 years 3 months, 12 days, 16 minutes and 20 seconds. I can't go back. MY association is the NBA. Does not stand for National Basketball Association.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:40 AM
whoohoo!! only 20 minutes to ESPN pre-game! Then its off to watch McNabb beat up on the Dolts! (I have McNabb as my FF QB).
Then the Broncos game!!! Doing laundry and stirring the beef stew during commercials.
God, I love Sundays!!

Mcnabb is mine too, about time he had a great game, today would be a fine day to do so! :D

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:41 AM
when we play them cause he won't be doing much with TDs.

Deck
10-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Morning everyone! Kinda new here (at least the Name is) I've been reading the opinions around here since preseason, and a thread finally made me angry enough last week that I registered.

Anyways, I won't be happy until I see Gerard Warren sitting on Eli's head two or three times this game.
Good Luck!!!

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:42 AM
Leave those nails alone. It took me 24 years to stop nail biting......I'm a recovering nailbiter for 10 years 3 months, 12 days, 16 minutes and 20 seconds. I can't go back. MY association is the NBA. Does not stand for National Basketball Association.

Hey, I gave up nailbiting ten years ago too! Weird! :goofy:

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:43 AM
Morning everyone! Kinda new here (at least the Name is) I've been reading the opinions around here since preseason, and a thread finally made me angry enough last week that I registered.

Anyways, I won't be happy until I see Gerard Warren sitting on Eli's head two or three times this game.
Good Luck!!!

That would be a sight worth seeing, good to have you around! :beer:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:43 AM
What are you all's score prediction? Just curious.

I think we can win 34-13 no more than 34-17.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:45 AM

Good Luck!!!

Welcome to the Game Day thread. Glad you are posting. Let's have some threadgating fun.

Ah........new term.

Jaws.......yeah.......I'm 34 now and it has been 10 years.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 07:46 AM
But for some reason I have a tendency to get down on the floor when the game gets close or just before a potential game-winning fieldgoal. Weird I know.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Reidman
10-23-2005, 07:46 AM
Good morning Deck. :beer:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:47 AM
But for some reason I have a tendency to get down on the floor when the game gets close or just before a potential game-winning fieldgoal. Weird I know.

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

I hope your guy Jeb has a good game and his counterpart have an awful game. I hope he eats too many Hungry Jacks and is sluggish.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 07:48 AM
I shall return. I need to go feed my daughter now. When she starts tugging on the jersey I know it's time to eat. ;) Be back soon guys and gals....oops and sharky's too.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:50 AM
The stream site is working for me. I actually watched a few things last night on it. I still don't know how they are able to do that but that was cool. That may be the revolution of the internet. I hope they keep it free, but I did do the PPV.

Just wanted to say thanks for informing me a month ago.... :D .........

Go Broncos beat the Giants.

Broncos04Champs
whaaaaaaatuuuuuuup

BroncFanIN
Mcnabb is mine too, about time he had a great game, today would be a fine day to do so! :D

Yes it would! I'm on a two game winning streak-dont want to stop now! I had to play Eli last week-at least at the end he put some mediocre #'s and sqeeked me out a win.

Im so glad my hubby agreed to NFL Sunday ticket. Dont know what I would do without it!

GO BRONCOS! Whip some Eli <boo-tay>!! ;)

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:51 AM

GO BRONCOS!!!!!!!!!

Hey we all know you just fall down drunk! ;)

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:52 AM
whaaaaaaatuuuuuuup

Good morning to you young person. Early bird received his worm. Saw your post earlier.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Good one Ms. Jaws

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:54 AM
Yes it would! I'm on a two game winning streak-dont want to stop now! I had to play Eli last week-at least at the end he put some mediocre #'s and sqeeked me out a win.

Im so glad my hubby agreed to NFL Sunday ticket. Dont know what I would do without it!

GO BRONCOS! Whip some Eli <boo-tay>!!

Nice hubby you have there, if you know anymore like him let me know! ;)

I'm on a winning streak of ONE too! :goofy: Played Leftwich last week.
I'm very excited, because I was on a losing one of five previously!!! :heh:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:55 AM

GO BRONCOS! Whip some Eli <boo-tay>!! ;)

Cause I like my guys, but I've never been shy with women. Plus it keeps the testosterone levels done. LoL :D

Plus if I get out of line my friend Jaws might eat me. My what big teeth you have.

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 07:55 AM
are you ready!!!!!!!!!!!
come on get ready!!!!!!!!!
are you ready for some foootballl!!!!!!!!!!
its a sunday afternoon party!!!!

this will be the first time for me watching a broncos road game this year. it will be nice to see those white unis...

its kind of cold here this morning - just adds to the intensity of football sundays

wooo wooo wooo

i only got like 5 hours sleep - whatever who cares

ill rock my way through pregame and the early games, then pure adrenaline will get me through the broncos game, then ill crash hard around halftime of the night game :P

Lets do this!!!! 6-1 emancipator!!! i smell it!!!

Snk16
10-23-2005, 07:56 AM
Top of the morning to yall.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:57 AM

I'd help you out. I'll put together a lineup for you.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:57 AM
Good day Broncos04Champs! :beer:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 07:58 AM
Top of the morning to yall.

Good to see you back in Snk16. Top of the morning to you.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 07:58 AM

Just crappy RB's in the first few weeks, and then the bad fortune to come up against the league's top scorer on week's 4 and 5! :ugh:

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 08:02 AM
Keep an eye on Sunday NFL COuntdown (On ESPN right now!))

for a plummer interview with steve young

Jaws

Which two of these four RB's to start:

Warrick Dunn
Mike Anderson
TJ Duckett
Curtis Martin

Up to now I've started Dunn and Martin, tempted to start Marine Mike this week though.

Emancipator
Then get you a quality top QB and a good receiver. Then go running back running back. Then WR again backup QB and Jason Elam, and .......... the rest is history. Don't be so concerned about getting a top TE........the Broncos TE's are always fine unless you have a chance to get Gates/Gonzalez in one of the WR spots

Doesn't always work but it is something of my system of picking.

Go Broncos.

Broncos04Champs
Which two of these four RB's to start:

Warrick Dunn
Mike Anderson
TJ Duckett
Curtis Martin

Up to now I've started Dunn and Martin, tempted to start Marine Mike this week though.

Warrick Dunn and Curtis Martin, IMO

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:04 AM
I would love to tell you Curtis Martin but they aren't utilizing him right at this time. Marine Mike should get about 70 yards and and a touch.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:06 AM
And who are the Falcons playing?

Always look at the running backs opponents. Because a known good running defense isn't always good to put certain backs against.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 08:06 AM
I would love to tell you Curtis Martin but they aren't utilizing him right at this time. Marine Mike should get about 70 yards and and a touch.

Yeah Martin has been very disappointing and they're playing the Falcons this week.

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:07 AM

I think I will do okay today. I am playing against Bulger-he's not even starting this week. I dont think my opponent knew she had to make changes on Friday-cause of the Chefs game.

ESPN is on!

Are you going to start McNabb next week against Denver?

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:08 AM
Have you been spying on me??? :confused:

Actually, when I get that drunk I don't fall down, because I can't even stand. :P

Jaws
10-23-2005, 08:09 AM
I think I will do okay today. I am playing against Bulger-he's not even starting this week. I dont think my opponent knew she had to make changes on Friday-cause of the Chefs game.

ESPN is on!

Are you going to start McNabb next week against Denver?

I don't know, I need to check who Jax are playing. Are you?

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:09 AM
Yeah Martin has been very disappointing and they're playing the Falcons this week.

I love Curtis Martin. I think he could get you points in rec yards and rushing yards, but ATL defense pretty good. Dunn for sure. As for Anderson it all depends on Shannahan if he gives Tatum more carries and I hope he does. But Mike is our goaline back. Should see Dayne on the 1 yard line too this game.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:10 AM
I hope they get my streaming issues worked out in time for the game. My payment status hasn't cleared yet for some reason, something to do with currency exchange I think. I've Pm'd the mod over there at the site. It's all in their hands now.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 08:11 AM
I hope they get my streaming issues worked out in time for the game. My payment status hasn't cleared yet for some reason, something to do with currency exchange I think. I've Pm'd the mod over there at the site. It's all in their hands now.

That's a pain. Hope it works out for you.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:11 AM
I love Curtis Martin. I think he could get you points in rec yards and rushing yards, but ATL defense pretty good. Dunn for sure. As for Anderson it all depends on Shannahan if he gives Tatum more carries and I hope he does. But Mike is our goaline back. Should see Dayne on the 1 yard line too this game.
Yeah, I like him now. I dropped him two weeks ago and wouldn't you know it he breaks out a week after dropping him. That's how my FF season has gone so far.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:12 AM
That's a pain. Hope it works out for you.
Thanks. It would kill me to be so close to watching them, but not able to do to some formality.

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:17 AM
I don't know, I need to check who Jax are playing. Are you?

It depends on who the Giants are playing. Got Eli as my 2nd string...it'd be hard to root for McNabb against Denver. Also depends on who I am playing next week. I decided to sit Gonzo this week-which turned out to be a good decision. I have Dunn starting this week. He will be good against the Jets this week.

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 08:19 AM
Alright I'm rolling the dice here... I'm going to take a quick shower and just hope I don't miss the Plummer/Shanahan interview with Steve Young on NFL COuntdown...

If I do, someone please fill me in,

be back soon! :beer:

alan
hey guys im back :beer: ,had to do my homework,what are we talking about this week

Jaws
It depends on who the Giants are playing. Got Eli as my 2nd string...it'd be hard to root for McNabb against Denver. Also depends on who I am playing next week. I decided to sit Gonzo this week-which turned out to be a good decision. I have Dunn starting this week. He will be good against the Jets this week.

I just checked, jax play stl next week and the Giants are up against teh Redskins.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Just about 10 of us.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 08:20 AM
Just about 10 of us.

Must do that next year.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:21 AM
Just about 10 of us.

ya thaT would have been cool,maybe i would do better then i am now

Jaws
10-23-2005, 08:23 AM
ya thaT would have been cool,maybe i would do better then i am now

I noticed you had a slow start like me, not quite as bad as me though I think.
No worries though, we'll make a late charge for the playoffs.
I've dropped Andre Johnson to the bench today, finally had enough of him, and he's not going to do much against Indy is he.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:25 AM
ive gone with bronco pride.plummer,broncos defense and special teams,putz,lelie and smith

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:25 AM
I noticed you had a slow start like me, not quite as bad as me though I think.
No worries though, we'll make a late charge for the playoffs.
I've dropped Andre Johnson to the bench today, finally had enough of him, and he's not going to do much against Indy is he.

I would tell you. Andre not performing because they aren't forcing the ball into him. Throw him the ball even with two guys close.

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:26 AM
I just checked, jax play stl next week and the Giants are up against teh Redskins.

Peachy. I wonder how Eli would do against them.....anyone have any thought on this?

Got into FF first time this year. Would be a lot of fun to be in a league with a bunch of Bronco fans!

alan
10-23-2005, 08:26 AM
o my god im so overcome with excitement becuase its gamedAY

GO BRONCOS!!!!

alan
10-23-2005, 08:27 AM
Peachy. I wonder how Eli would do against them.....anyone have any thought on this?

Got into FF first time this year. Would be a lot of fun to be in a league with a bunch of Bronco fans!

IM IN A BRONCO FAN ONE ON NFL .COM

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Just about 10 of us.
You set it up next year Emancipator and I'll play. :beer:
I would rather play with people I enjoy talking to then perfect strangers like n my NFL league.

alan
hey emancipator how are you this great day,iv already said hi to everyone else,but how is everybody :beer:

Emancipator
ive gone with bronco pride.plummer,broncos defense and special teams,putz,lelie and smith

They don't put up fantasy numbers. Especially our defense. Hopefully Jake's numbers will improve for you. Just draft Ladanian, Holt, Harrison, Rod, McNabb, and believe it or not Eagles running back. He gets TDs and Priest holmes is good pick.

Countdown is closer.........Go Broncos

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:29 AM
Hey, me too. What's the league name. There's probably dozens I'm sure but that'd be cool if we found out we're in the same one.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:30 AM
Hey, me too. What's the league name. There's probably dozens I'm sure but that'd be cool if we found out we're in the same one.

Not buckin around this year,is the name

Emancipator
You set it up next year Emancipator and I'll play. :beer:
I would rather play with people I enjoy talking to then perfect strangers like n my NFL league.

We'd have some good competitive fun. Plus bragging rights with friends.

alan
They don't put up fantasy numbers. Especially our defense. Hopefully Jake's numbers will improve for you. Just draft Ladanian, Holt, Harrison, Rod, McNabb, and believe it or not Eagles running back. He gets TDs and Priest holmes is good pick.

Countdown is closer.........Go Broncos

i wish it could have worked out that way :ugh:

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:31 AM
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, homerism in Fantasy sports doesn't get you very far, no matter what team it is. If the whole team does bad you can pretty much kiss winning that week goodbye.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Yeah, as much as I hate to say it, homerism in Fantasy sports doesn't get you very far, no matter what team it is. If the whole team does bad you can pretty much kiss winning that week goodbye.

so are we in the same league??

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:32 AM
Not buckin around this year,is the name
Oh, nope not the same league.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:33 AM
I'm always doing fine on game day. And believe this.........I enjoy coming on here. It is guys like you (Alan) that makes the boards fun. And of course the game day bunch............You know who you are and an increasing number is the women.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:33 AM
hope everyones good happy and ready for tonite,i cant believe its only 11.33 at the latest over there

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:34 AM
You have to go to school. You'll be sleep 2 minutes after kickoff over there.

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:35 AM

Im on NFL.com also. Though I can tell there are a couple that dont really play-for whatever reason. The ones in my league dont really talk to each other-but its still a lot of fun! :D

alan
10-23-2005, 08:36 AM
no chance,i saw all of last weeks,im no light wait, 5hours sleep is enough for me

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:36 AM
Too many good early birds getting the worms.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:37 AM
Im on NFL.com also. Though I can tell there are a couple that dont really play-for whatever reason. The ones in my league dont really talk to each other-but its still a lot of fun! :D
Yeah, we have a couple that have dropped out. I think it ruins the league when people do that. That's why it's good to play with people you know who you can trust to stay in and keep playing no matter what the outcome.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:38 AM
Too many good early birds getting the worms.
I know what you mean. Apparently I've spread the wealth too much and can't give any more, for now anyway. I wish I could give all of you a CP!! :beer:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:38 AM
I have 2 different teams I'm doing over in the Yahoo leagues.

Go Broncos beat Peyton's sister Eli..........that's according to Mile High Stud.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:40 AM
also as i said last week E ,school aint no where near as important as the broncos :duh:

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:42 AM
Yeah, we have a couple that have dropped out. I think it ruins the league when people do that. That's why it's good to play with people you know who you can trust to stay in and keep playing no matter what the outcome.

I agree. The thing is, there are players on their teams that I want, but you can tell they havent been paying any attention to their account, so offering a trade is a moot point.

Im glad no one is in the house when on Sundays. I must change the channel thousands to times to watch my players. Hubby always finds something else to do on Sundays and leaves me alone. :goofy:

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:42 AM
also as i said last week E ,school aint no where near as important as the broncos :duh:

That is a funny statement. But make sure you get all A's. When I come into some good money and visit Ireland, I don't want you to be on punishment.......I need you to be my paid guide. LOL

alan
10-23-2005, 08:43 AM
I agree. The thing is, there are players on their teams that I want, but you can tell they havent been paying any attention to their account, so offering a trade is a moot point.

Im glad no one is in the house when on Sundays. I must change the channel thousands to times to watch my players. Hubby always finds something else to do on Sundays and leaves me alone. :goofy:

:goofy: :goofy:

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:43 AM
I love these threads and talking to you guys. I get up at 6:15 in the morning on my day off just to get in early and start chatting with all of you. It gets me psyched for the game and all of the day's football in general. Man oh man I hope I can watch the stream today.

Broncos D : 2 Ints and a forced fumble, 3 sacks----Let's make it happen boys!!!!

Last week I wore Rod Smith jersey and look what happened. This week it's big Al Wilson.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:44 AM
That is a funny statement. But make sure you get all A's. When I come into some good money and visit Ireland, I don't want you to be on punishment.......I need you to be my paid guide. LOL

dont worry,i might not get all As but i do get all Bs and i play sports,the school cant touch me

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:45 AM

What is going on in the world? I need to talk to him? Is he cooking and cleaning too? LOL ..........just kidding. Having a bit of fun at his expense. (Acting like a waiter at his on dinner table)

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
dont worry,i might not get all As but i do get all Bs and i play sports,the school cant touch me

You could live in my house with Bs. Maybe you can stay here as an exchange student.

BroncosB2B
10-23-2005, 08:46 AM
Great...I get a Sunday NFL Countdown "Tip Drill" game. Ravens @ Bears instead of the Broncos...WTF...

alan
10-23-2005, 08:47 AM
just to let every one know remember how i had to a history essay last week? well i got a B1 :D 1 dam percent short of an A :mad:

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:47 AM

If your husband liked to watch football, I think that would be a match made in heaven. ;)

With me, it's the wife who goes in another room and doesn't come out until the games are off. I suppose that's about 70% of women with football fanatics for boyfriends or husbands. :P

alan
10-23-2005, 08:48 AM
You could live in my house with Bs. Maybe you can stay here as an exchange student.

ya,that would be so cool,exceppt we dont do the whole exchange student thing in ireland

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:48 AM
Great...I get a Sunday NFL Countdown "Tip Drill" game. Ravens @ Bears instead of the Broncos...WTF...

No one will be watching that game. They better not do me that way.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:49 AM
just to let every one know remember how i had to a history essay last week? well i got a B1 :D 1 dam percent short of an A :mad:
Congratulations young man. A high B is nothing to scoff at (it's right there at being an A) :beer:
Keep doing good Alan, it will pay off for you some day.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:50 AM
Denver doesn't have to play perfect.......Just do an A perfomance. :D

Reidman
You'll be able to stream it won't you E?

BroncosB2B

It's because I live in the DC area...But that is still some BS.

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:51 AM
What is going on in the world? I need to talk to him? Is he cooking and cleaning too? LOL ..........just kidding. Having a bit of fun at his expense. (Acting like a waiter at his on dinner table)

He's never been a huge sports fan. He's from Indiana, and never cared for basketball (we live near Louisville, KY). Moved out here 4 yrs ago. He thinks its funny Im such a sports freak. I think he liked it better when we went to Hooters every Sunday to watch all the games. :D

alan
10-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Congratulations young man. A high B is nothing to scoff at (it's right there at being an A) :beer:
Keep doing good Alan, it will pay off for you some day.

thanks dude :beer: ,gota spread some love cp wise

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 08:52 AM
I was in the shower like 4 minutes, and they haven't brought up the Plummer interview since, did I miss it!?!?!?!

Snk16
10-23-2005, 08:53 AM
GO BRONCOS!1 :rockon:

BroncosB2B
I was in the shower like 4 minutes, and they haven't brought up the Plummer interview since, did I miss it!?!?!?!

The only time they talked about the Broncos was at the beginning of the show during the intro.

Reidman
Jim Haslett got fined 20,000$ for insulting the officials call on the blocked FG last week. Why are the officials and the league such babies when it comes to coaches saying voicing their opinions about a call or poor officiating? Don't they have that right?

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:54 AM
You'll be able to stream it won't you E?

Thanks to Jaws who introduced me to the stream.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:55 AM
thanks dude :beer: ,gota spread some love cp wise
Yeah, no problem bud. I can't wait for the Broncos. I almost wish they played morning games so we didn't have to wait.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:55 AM
Keshawn is going to get back at Michael Irvin. That will teach former players from acting greater than thou.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 08:56 AM
Thanks to Jaws who introduced me to the stream.
Same hear. Thanks Jaws. :beer:

BroncFanIN
10-23-2005, 08:56 AM
If your husband liked to watch football, I think that would be a match made in heaven. ;)

With me, it's the wife who goes in another room and doesn't come out until the games are off. I suppose that's about 70% of women with football fanatics for boyfriends or husbands. :P

I grew up in Denver (well, Longmont), so I will always be a Bronco fan. I cant even bring myself to a luke-warm like for the Colts. Cant stand 'em!

BroncosB2B
10-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Same hear. Thanks Jaws. :beer:

you guys using that streamtvnow.com site or w/e it is?

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 08:57 AM
Go check your streamtv now. Just check and make sure.........don't forget if you get that authentication statement.....don't worry about it. Just scroll down and put your username and password in the PPV slots. Make sure you have the latest winamp.......if not go to www.winamp.com and download it.....i think my version is 5.1.

alan
10-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Yeah, no problem bud. I can't wait for the Broncos. I almost wish they played morning games so we didn't have to wait.

haha a morning game for you would be a late afternoon game for me

Broncos04Champs
The only time they talked about the Broncos was at the beginning of the show during the intro.

Ok thanks for the update. I didn't think I missed it unless it was like a 2 minute sit-down interview.

I hate when they do that... They say "Coming up, plummer interview" so I jump in the shower and take like a 3 minute shower, and in reality I could of taken a long one.

Broncos04Champs
whats up new people??

Who's ready to be 6-1!!!!

lets go broncos!!!

alan
10-23-2005, 09:01 AM
whats up new people??

Who's ready to be 6-1!!!!

lets go broncos!!!

i think i am

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 09:02 AM
L.T. is a great running back, the best in the league...

But he is not the "One great running back in the league right now"

Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes are great running backs, IMO.

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 09:04 AM
Michael Irvin just called Tomlinson the "Tom Hanks of football"

Guy throws a couple trick play TD passes and he is the new "slash" or what??? Get to the Plummer interview!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :fight: :fight:

Snk16
10-23-2005, 09:07 AM
Jim Haslett got fined 20,000$ for insulting the officials call on the blocked FG last week. Why are the officials and the league such babies when it comes to coaches saying voicing their opinions about a call or poor officiating? Don't they have that right?

Because they think they're perfect and they don't wnat to be touched.

NFL=No Fun League.

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 09:07 AM
L.T. is a great running back, the best in the league...

But he is not the "One great running back in the league right now"

Shaun Alexander and Priest Holmes are great running backs, IMO.

Ladanian is better than both. They are good. Shaun is like .....Larry Bird, Priest is like Magic Johnson...... But Ladanian is definitely Michael Jordan. Above the rest. But just like Mike he can be stopped. Denver did it for the most part.

By the way, Vikings are getting all the sex in the country in 30 minute cruise.

Just because you are in the water don't mean you can hide your dirt.

Snk16
10-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Vikings are losers.....they need some structure....

Ziggie Wilf should stop associating himself with Tice, Tice can't keep the team organized.

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 09:08 AM
Ladanian is better than both. They are good. Shaun is like .....Larry Bird, Priest is like Magic Johnson...... But Ladanian is definitely Michael Jordan. Above the rest. But just like Mike he can be stopped. Denver did it for the most part.

By the way, Vikings are getting all the sex in the country in 30 minute cruise.

I think he is better than both also. I think it is...

1. Tomlinson
2. Alexander
3. Holmes

But I would call all 3 of them great backs - thats all Im sayin

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 09:10 AM
Vikings are losers.....they need some structure....

Ziggie Wilf should stop associating himself with Tice, Tice can't keep the team organized.

Red McCombs is a good guy - he is getting blamed by the current ownership - thats BS.

McCombs was smart to sell when he could.

NJBRONCOSFAN
10-23-2005, 09:12 AM
Heading out for the game.
Later fools! :D

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Go check your streamtv now. Just check and make sure.........don't forget if you get that authentication statement.....don't worry about it. Just scroll down and put your username and password in the PPV slots. Make sure you have the latest winamp.......if not go to www.winamp.com and download it.....i think my version is 5.1.
Yeah I pm'd the mod over there and my paypal hasn't cleared yet for whatever reason so until that happens, I'm unable to access the streams, there's nothing they can do. I have no idea why it hasn't cleared yet though. I paid yesterday.
I have the same version of winamp that you do also.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:14 AM
Have a great time man.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:15 AM
LOL, has Jaws seen this!?!

alan
10-23-2005, 09:17 AM

lucky devil

Snk16
10-23-2005, 09:19 AM
Watch the Burger King piece on ESPN, it looks funny. :laugh:

Snk16
10-23-2005, 09:20 AM
Broncos vs. Giants on ESPN!

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 09:20 AM
NFL Countdown.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 09:22 AM
LOL, has Jaws seen this!?!

I have now lol. So did the mod reply to your PM?

alan
getting ready for the bolts-eagles game here

Reidman
:duh: :ugh:

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:23 AM
I have now lol. So did the mod reply to your PM?
Yeah. Funds haven't cleared for some reason so I'm screwed basically as far as watching today. :ugh:

Snk16
10-23-2005, 09:25 AM
Nice interview. Just don't let it get to your head.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Yeah. Funds haven't cleared for some reason so I'm screwed basically as far as watching today. :ugh:

That's a bummer, should be sorted out in time for the Philly game though.

Broncos04Champs
10-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Well that was literally the first Broncos related interview I have seen since the start of the season...

And I watch a lot of pregame :cheers:

Nice interview, thanks for throwing me a bone ESPN

Emancipator
10-23-2005, 09:28 AM

Try to see if you can view anything in the free and just make sure you get a free spot. But go ahead and try.

Jaws
10-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Try to see if you can view anything in the free and just make sure you get a free spot. But go ahead and try.

I tried that just now for channels 11,12 and 14, the ones which the Broncos game are supposed to be on, but the free slots are taken right now, might be a chance that one will be available later,but a slim one.

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:32 AM
As far as the free slot, do I need to wait until the game actually starts or whenever?

Booher
10-23-2005, 09:32 AM
Got my orange all laid out , going to the local sports bar tonight for the game!

Reidman
10-23-2005, 09:33 AM
This is frickin hilarious. Anybody watching this stuff about the king on countdown?

alan
10-23-2005, 09:35 AM
hey man it sucks you cant see,the game,i hope you find a way to watch it

Elway
10-23-2005, 09:37 AM
This is frickin hilarious. Anybody watching this stuff about the king on countdown?

Yeah I saw it, I knew we should have signed him when we had the chance, but NOOOOO everyone wanted that clown from McDonalds!!! I told ya! ALl his big feet do it trip him up. :P

Reidman
hey man it sucks you cant see,the game,i hope you find a way to watch it
Thanks Alan. I will try getting a free slot like Emancipator suggested. I would go to the local sports bar but can't with my daughter. Oh well, should be fixed by next week anyway.

Reidman
Yeah I saw it, I knew we should have signed him when we had the chance, but NOOOOO everyone wanted that clown from McDonalds!!! I told ya! ALl his big feet do it trip him up. :P
:laugh: :laugh: