PDA

View Full Version : crap there goes out draft pick value

uncle rico
10-23-2005, 12:16 PM
man stupid redskins :mad: wtf are they doin winning games dont they kno their effin with are 1st round pick, someone should tell them to be a little more considerate and start playing like the real skins :smug:

DrunkPanda
10-23-2005, 12:20 PM
seriously, wtf? i so wish dallas beat them

Atwater His Ass
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
seriously, wtf? i so wish dallas beat them

I don't know that it really matters. I'm not a fan of all the hype and overratings of 1st round picks. I'd much rather package our first round picks and get some 2nd and 3rd rounders and perhaps some already proven NFL players in our areas of need.

I also see a lot more value towards the end of the first rond than on top. It requires too much money for an unproven player in the first half of the first round. And really, as far as value goes, you can get the same value a lot of times in the early part of the 2nd round as in the last half of the first round.

Interpol
10-23-2005, 12:35 PM
Looks like Clinton finally scored too.

uncle rico
10-23-2005, 12:39 PM
I don't know that it really matters. I'm not a fan of all the hype and overratings of 1st round picks. I'd much rather package our first round picks and get some 2nd and 3rd rounders and perhaps some already proven NFL players in our areas of need.

I also see a lot more value towards the end of the first rond than on top. It requires too much money for an unproven player in the first half of the first round. And really, as far as value goes, you can get the same value a lot of times in the early part of the 2nd round as in the last half of the first round.

yeah but you get a lot more VALUE if you have a high draft pick to trade :duh:

Atwater His Ass
10-23-2005, 12:58 PM
yeah but you get a lot more VALUE if you have a high draft pick to trade :duh:

Sometimes. Depends on who's left and what other's teams needs are. Last year, for example, was one of the absolute worst years to have the #1 overall pick. Since there was no clear cut #1, you HAD to draft it because no one was going to give you a trade that was worth the value that pick should have. So it's lose-lose situation. You can't trade out because you won't get a fair return, and you have to pay that #1 pick like a #1 even though they aren't worth the money.

Bottom line is when you are a team that has to draft in the 1st round, you have a lot of holes that need filling now. When you can wait until the 2nd and 3rd rounds to get young talent, that means you have quality players already and can groom your picks more. And you get more picks, which means a better chance to land good players.

uncle rico
10-23-2005, 01:07 PM
Sometimes. Depends on who's left and what other's teams needs are. Last year, for example, was one of the absolute worst years to have the #1 overall pick. Since there was no clear cut #1, you HAD to draft it because no one was going to give you a trade that was worth the value that pick should have. So it's lose-lose situation. You can't trade out because you won't get a fair return, and you have to pay that #1 pick like a #1 even though they aren't worth the money.

Bottom line is when you are a team that has to draft in the 1st round, you have a lot of holes that need filling now. When you can wait until the 2nd and 3rd rounds to get young talent, that means you have quality players already and can groom your picks more. And you get more picks, which means a better chance to land good players.

good points but usually and particulary this year there is gonna be a good talent pool for higher draft picks and we could trade a hypothetical top five pick to miami who needs a qb who there is and a def top pick at that pos with Matt L. and get a lot more value for that trade as opposed to trying to get that kind of potential value for a mid to late round pick

WABronco
10-23-2005, 01:09 PM
multiple first round picks and mid round picks are eons better than one no.1 overall pick, simple as that...

Momentum
10-23-2005, 03:30 PM
No their not, simple as that.

Snk16
10-23-2005, 07:57 PM
Isn't it a little early to be thinking about the draft?

The|Snake#16
10-23-2005, 08:45 PM
Isn't it a little early to be thinking about the draft?

I guess we could wait to discuss it at the Post-Superbowl party. :D

Astros05
10-28-2005, 10:44 AM
Damn, Man the Redskins should be losing and getting their @ss handed to them!!!! :fight: