PDA

View Full Version : Rufus Alexander

mrsolo
11-01-2005, 02:37 PM
If anyone has watched OU play the last couple of years, you'll know who Rufus is. He's all over the field. He's 6-1, 230lbs( a little small for a LB), but he hits like he's 250. He's just a junior this year. If he stays healthy, and puts on a few pounds of muscle, he couuld easily be a 1st rounder in '07. Any thoughts?

broncofan303
11-01-2005, 04:40 PM
I wouldn't doubt it, I really like that kid...also, OU has the other LB that is very good and its worth taking a look at...Latimer from Gateway HS here in CO...OU has a real good front 7, if they only can not miss assignments in the secondary, they would have a very good D...

OhNoKoolAid
11-01-2005, 07:56 PM
He's an outstanding player and will be a high pick on a team that emphasizes speed over size. OU doesn't get enough credit for having a continual flow of stud 'backers. If they could recruit some big bodies to protect them up front, these guys would be All American candidates. Ingram is also very underrated and should carve out a nice niche for himslef in th NFL. Alexander is clearly the best of the bunch, and I rate him higher than both Lehman and Mitchell easily. Ruf is already on scouts radars, and it won't be long until you start hearing national publications give him credit as well. Don't forget Reynolds when talking about OU 'backers, he will be a stud too. Now if they could just get a clue regarding pass defense, both in the rush and coverage departments...

mrsolo
11-01-2005, 08:10 PM
He's an outstanding player and will be a high pick on a team that emphasizes speed over size. OU doesn't get enough credit for having a continual flow of stud 'backers. If they could recruit some big bodies to protect them up front, these guys would be All American candidates. Ingram is also very underrated and should carve out a nice niche for himslef in th NFL. Alexander is clearly the best of the bunch, and I rate him higher than both Lehman and Mitchell easily. Ruf is already on scouts radars, and it won't be long until you start hearing national publications give him credit as well. Don't forget Reynolds when talking about OU 'backers, he will be a stud too. Now if they could just get a clue regarding pass defense, both in the rush and coverage departments...

Yeah, the front four I think overachieves at times. I think CJ Ah You will turn out to be an outstanding college end, but I don't know if he'll have enough size for the NFL. I actually do think Dusty Dvoracek is underrated, depending on who is doing the rating. I think his motor will turn a lot of heads. If he could improve his quickness, his draft stock would rise.

OhNoKoolAid
11-04-2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah, the front four I think overachieves at times. I think CJ Ah You will turn out to be an outstanding college end, but I don't know if he'll have enough size for the NFL. I actually do think Dusty Dvoracek is underrated, depending on who is doing the rating. I think his motor will turn a lot of heads. If he could improve his quickness, his draft stock would rise.

Dvoracek is a fine college player, but I think his skills are limited to specific schemes, like the one in Tampa Bay. It's all going to be about situation with him. If he is drafted by a team that uses a one gap upfield scheme, he will be a solid pro, if not, he may stuggle to make an impact. Birdine is the line's best NFL prospect, but his injury doesn't help his chances. His pass rushing ability is for real, and I wouldn't be suprised if he leaves early just to prevent any further risks in college. Sounds odd, but it does happen.