PDA

View Full Version : Watch out for CU next season

Bronco_f1
11-06-2005, 07:03 PM
CU is back in the rankings, and they look much better than a team with 2 loses, because they lost to Miami and Texas (#2 and #3). Next year they most surely be better, and it would not surprise me to see the Buffs in the top 10 next season

OhNoKoolAid
11-06-2005, 07:38 PM
I'm not sure how you can say that they will be better. They will lose their dominant tight end duo and starting QB. Vickers, a quality contributor will also be gone. The defense isn't particularly strong against athletic opponents, and it will lose it's best athlete in Iwuh. Also understand that Colorado's self sanctions and aura of problems will hinder recruiting, so it will be hard to build on success. Colorado is a very good football team, but they aren't a great team, and teams don't naturally improve. I think the offense loses too much to say that it will be a top ten team.

GridironChamp
11-06-2005, 08:57 PM
CU is back in the rankings, and they look much better than a team with 2 loses, because they lost to Miami and Texas (#2 and #3). Next year they most surely be better, and it would not surprise me to see the Buffs in the top 10 next season

You have to remember that they will loose Seniors, so you might be worst than this year.

broncofan303
11-06-2005, 09:11 PM
Defintely not a top 10 team...but a competetive team under GB and odds on favorite to win the North again next year...they are losing a whole bunch, Klatt, Klopenstein, Sypnewski, Vickers, a couple of O-lineman I think Clint O'Neal is done this year...but you get the point...

I really think losing Klatt is a good thing...he's a good QB, only when he wants to be...half the time he starts over thinking his passes, and throwing it where he thinks the WR's should be not where they are...it's just opening up the door for James Cox, Brian White, and my favorite Bernard Jackson...

Our whole D is pretty young and they are playing extremely well all year...only guy we'd be missing is Thaddeaus Washington and Iwuh, 2 big names but a lot of young Lb's waiting to hop in...all I can tell you is that CU is going 2-0 next year..

rcsodak
11-06-2005, 09:30 PM
Top 10? LOL

Their problem, next year, is they'll be playing OU.....

.....and they'll be stocked full of top tier players with experience AND a chip on their shoulders...

....not to mention a healthy AD....... ;)

I'd like to wish them good luck, though, on their Big 12 championship game.....

BEAT TEXASS!!!!!! :beer:

TXBRONC
11-07-2005, 09:44 AM
Top 10? LOL

Their problem, next year, is they'll be playing OU.....

.....and they'll be stocked full of top tier players with experience AND a chip on their shoulders...

....not to mention a healthy AD....... ;)

I'd like to wish them good luck, though, on their Big 12 championship game.....

BEAT TEXASS!!!!!! :beer:

I doubt Texas will pull what the Sewers did in Big 12 Championship Game. :coffee:

mrsolo
11-07-2005, 11:14 AM
I doubt Texas will pull what the Sewers did in Big 12 Championship Game. :coffee:

Sewers?? :confused:

rcsodak
11-07-2005, 11:44 AM
Sewers?? :confused:
Texass' current educational system's drawback...... ;)

IrishConrad
11-07-2005, 12:33 PM
CU's gotta pretty good team. I don't know about the whole TOP 10 thing though. I'd be surprized.

I do think TCU would whip the **** out of the Buffs though.

Buff_bronc_fan
11-07-2005, 12:35 PM
303- If I'm not mistaken Thaddaeus Washington is a junior, so he should be back next year barring an early exit.

It will be tough to be top ten next year, but I expect this team to be among the top of the North and competing for a Top 25 spot again.
The defense is very young, Iwuh will be the biggest loss, but expect this secondary to improve as they did this year. They won't lose any CB's and they will return the preseason #1 in Wheatley. The offense will lose Klatt and their big TE's, but they keep most of the O-line and core of RB's. They will also be getting their #1 WR back from injury, Blake Mackey.

The biggest question mark will be who gets the nod at QB. James Cox has the most experience, White has been touted as the most pure passer of the bunch, and Bernard Jackson was wowing people in spring ball with his athletic and running abilities. Unfortunately there isn't a load bearing RB on the offense so I expect the defense to keep them in games next year, and they will live and die by the success of the QB.

broncofan303
11-07-2005, 04:54 PM
303- If I'm not mistaken Thaddaeus Washington is a junior, so he should be back next year barring an early exit.

My bad, you're right...but you know who else is a junior that will give our offense a huge boost? Blake Mackey, he was our downfield threat with some good speed and hands...could you imagine how good this team would be if we still had him?

broncofan303
11-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Texass' current educational system's drawback...... ;)

LOL that's a real rivalry, the teams played a month ago, but the bashing between fans last the whole season...its a beautiful thing to seen...

btw, screw Huskers!! our rivalry is almost there...haha

watchthemiddle
11-12-2005, 10:05 PM
Top 10 will be tough. Every time they got top 25 this year they would lose.

rcsodak
11-12-2005, 11:23 PM

......SOUNDLY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Bronco_f1
11-12-2005, 11:24 PM

Yeah, sadly I've got to agree with that. They really find a way to get out of the Rankings.