PDA

View Full Version : Different side of view with Owens

Tatortot
11-09-2005, 02:43 PM
There has been a lot of talk on many websites that a team that may take Owens could be the Broncos. I know many people think that Owens is a cancer, but he is also an incredibly talented cancer. I say we give him a 1 year contract at the most; and if he does anything like the past things he has done, we suspend him. This may keep Owens controlling himself as he already is close to not playing in the NFL anymore because of behavior.

DrunkPanda
11-09-2005, 02:48 PM
if he signs with anyone, it will be one of the down in the gutter teams. why? because they will be willing to spend the most money to get him

Broncos fo life
11-09-2005, 02:49 PM
We dont't/won't have the cap money to get him. Besides, why reward an asshat for being an asshat? He isn't going to change, barring some life threatening experience.

Canadian_Fan
11-09-2005, 02:52 PM
Looks like he may be available this year after all.....the players union wants phily to cut him if the are not gonna reiinstate him........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9033401

**OrangeTerp**
11-09-2005, 03:03 PM
We dont't/won't have the cap money to get him. Besides, why reward an asshat for being an asshat? He isn't going to change, barring some life threatening experience.

If we don't have the cap space then why are the professional analysts even considering the Broncos as one of the front-runners?

Are you sure about the cap?

:confused:

Krugan
11-09-2005, 03:30 PM
Im sure with the type of contract he would be likely to recieve they could squeeze him in under the cap.

Naturally that will limit the ability to re-sign some of the players that will be due new contracts, you know those guys who actually played through what the agreed to play through, didnt pitch a "me need more" fit, who deserve a raise since the earned it by honoring their obligations.

Broncos fo life
11-09-2005, 03:33 PM
Are you sure about the cap? :confused:
Yes.
Second worst cap situation next season. (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/4966370)
Here is another good read. (http://broncos.mostvaluablenetwork.com/)

If we were a team that needed a WR really bad, I'd say they could probably "fit him in". But considering we have 2 first round picks coming up and it doesn't look like Rod is done yet, that money is better spent elsewhere.

TXBRONC
11-09-2005, 03:46 PM
Looks like he may be available this year after all.....the players union wants phily to cut him if the are not gonna reiinstate him........

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/9033401

Key word is the Union wants the Eagles to do that, the players union wont be able to force the Eagles to do so especially since they will continue to pay him anyway.

Elway
11-09-2005, 04:13 PM
He can hang out at Keyshawn's "Second half hangout house for the unwanted."

Emancipator
11-09-2005, 04:26 PM
I'll root for him.

sportsgeist
11-09-2005, 04:36 PM
Every Team knows about T.O.'s mouth so the Eagles gets no love from me. They knew going in how he was and they should have had a better plan on controlling him. The Eagles were also wrong about the 100 TD thing too and they knew he would get mad over it and it worked.

I would take T.O. if I was Shanahan we run out of the 3 receiver set half the game anyway. Plus he would take pressure off of Rod and Ashley and make our offense un-stoppable.

He comes here I'll root for him too

section 118
11-09-2005, 04:44 PM
There has been a lot of talk on many websites that a team that may take Owens could be the Broncos. I know many people think that Owens is a cancer, but he is also an incredibly talented cancer. I say we give him a 1 year contract at the most; and if he does anything like the past things he has done, we suspend him. This may keep Owens controlling himself as he already is close to not playing in the NFL anymore because of behavior.

At what cost? So they can raise the rates of every bodies season ticket another ten dollars per game per seat like they do every time they sigh a high dollar free agent. Now you may not have tickets so you may think big deal? But think again. Every time they raise the ticket prices the stadium gets quieter and quieter because they are out pricing their TRUE fan base. Every year more and more tickets get bought up by corporations and are given to people who really don't care who wins on any given week. I have season tickets and I can sadly say I have wittness this sad trend for the last 15 years or so.

Also this guy is so injury prone its sickening, so you already know you canít count on him for a whole season. Heck last year he did not even help Philly in the play offs, he only played in the Super bowl. So no thank you, TO can rot in hell for all I care.

TXBRONC
11-09-2005, 05:12 PM
At what cost? So they can raise the rates of every bodies season ticket another ten dollars per game per seat like they do every time they sigh a high dollar free agent. Now you may not have tickets so you may think big deal? But think again. Every time they raise the ticket prices the stadium gets quieter and quieter because they are out pricing their TRUE fan base. Every year more and more tickets get bought up by corporations and are given to people who really don't care who wins on any given week. I have season tickets and I can sadly say I have wittness this sad trend for the last 15 years or so.

Also this guy is so injury prone its sickening, so you already know you canít count on him for a whole season. Heck last year he did not even help Philly in the play offs, he only played in the Super bowl. So no thank you, TO can rot in hell for all I care.

For most of his career he stayed healthy. However with age injuries have started taking there toll on him. I read somewhere that over the last three years he's been battling with injuries so its a trend that more than likely going continue.

So in short I wouldn't want him for because of his attitude and because he's become injury prone.

Fat Joe
11-09-2005, 05:37 PM
I'll root for him.

As will I. :beer:

OrangeShadow
11-09-2005, 05:43 PM
Look,any team that signs him is going to have some kind of cluase in the contract for behavior etc. theyd be foolish not to.

LABRONCO
11-09-2005, 07:06 PM
i see it this way
if t.o comes 2 the broncos ill root 4 him 100% like i do with every bronco. now if he acts up again then drop that bastard lol

bronocoman5
11-09-2005, 07:43 PM
I think a one year deal would be awesome. TO is the type of guy who would come in here and act like a professional and kick some butt just so he can **** back and say look what you did now Eagles. You cut the man. I helped Denver win the Super Bowl and then he would be back to the same ass hole but for one year it could be good.

TXBRONC
11-09-2005, 07:46 PM
i see it this way
if t.o comes 2 the broncos ill root 4 him 100% like i do with every bronco. now if he acts up again then drop that bastard lol

If he were to come here imho there is very little doubt that he wouldn't act up. That being said, no team that picks up T.O. this offseason will be able make him happy. If he can't be happy on a SuperBowl contending team he wont be happy here either.

Superchop7
11-09-2005, 09:40 PM
Keep that piece of trash out of here. :mad:

CassiusCraig
11-09-2005, 10:07 PM
So nobody blaims Philly's coaching staff for not being able to handle Owens?

Tell me on the field what has Owens done wrong? Was he not a leader amongst ALL NFL receivers?

Did Philly ever treat Owens as one of their own? They treat him like a step child from day 1 and wonder why he mis-behaves :goofy:

Elway
11-09-2005, 10:14 PM
He was misbehaving long before he arrived in Philly. He was a leader in Philly in stats, not a leader in the locker room like Rod Smith is in Denver.
He doesn't lead by example, he just leads into trouble.

armedequation
11-09-2005, 10:18 PM
first of all they didnt treat him like a step child from day one. They actively pursued him and treated him like royalty for the first year. then he went and shot his mouth off about donovan in the superbowl. Only an idiot points a finger at one person in team sports. Then he sits there and cry's on television saying "I gotta feed my kids" and "I should be paid what I deserve" with his idiot brother (drew) sitting next to him handing him a tissue. No coaching staff should have to babysit any player, I'm pretty sure they are grown men.

Yea I'm ranting and raving becuase his attitude is trash and doesnt belong on the broncos. We have talented wideouts and dont have money or time to waste on this clown.

JRWIZ
11-09-2005, 10:35 PM
Every Team knows about T.O.'s mouth so the Eagles gets no love from me. They knew going in how he was and they should have had a better plan on controlling him. The Eagles were also wrong about the 100 TD thing too and they knew he would get mad over it and it worked.

I would take T.O. if I was Shanahan we run out of the 3 receiver set half the game anyway. Plus he would take pressure off of Rod and Ashley and make our offense un-stoppable.

In case you have forgot DEN is a run first team, pass when they have to period they have been one of the top 3 run teams since Mikey came to town. Just where are they gonna get the number of reps this clown demands.

Lets see replace Rod with TO. about the same age and one has heart and the other does not. One is a clown the other class. One whines about every little thing the other acts his age and sets a great example for the team to follow.

Lets see replace assshley with TO. Even I don't want that to happen. assshley has his fu-paws but is the class of the league as compared to TO. I'd rather have assshley for the next ten years than two years of TO. As everyone says assshley is a nice kid you'd want to replce him with TO?

Think man think.

tdnmecudawon3
11-09-2005, 10:57 PM
when TO got hurt last year mcnab said we can win without him. Not he'll be tough to replace or I hope he heals quickly but until then other guys are gonna have to step up. They brought TO in as a final "piece of the puzzle" to get them over the top. What if rod went down and jake said we can win without him? As far as us having cap space, if TO is released this season anyone can pick him up but they would have to honor the original contract signed by TO and the eagles, that is, until he clears waivers then anyone can sign him to any contract they agree on which will prob. be league minimum which is 765,000 for 10+ year veterans. under those circumstances we have the cap space to sign him, and if the eagles don't release him this year I expect any team who signs him won't give him much more then league min.

CassiusCraig
11-09-2005, 11:01 PM
Who's a more consistent player Owens or McNabb?

Does Owens get open and make plays? Yes.

Does McNabb often over or under throw open recievers primarily Owens? Yes.

Does Lelie drop more passes than Owens? Yes.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Owens is NOT the only guy in the NFL with an EGO.

armedequation
11-09-2005, 11:16 PM
your right...he's not the only player with an ego. but he is the only player that lets his ego disrupt a team this much.

look this is a moot point, he wont come here and I am happy about that fact.

CassiusCraig
11-10-2005, 12:25 AM
McNabb and the Eagles can get over anything Owens says...you all know the saying sticks and stones...

I want to know what's being done about the Vikings? Why isn't half of that team suspended? Their behavior and what they did is FAR worse than Owens in my opinion.

Bokyong
11-10-2005, 12:44 AM
Who's a more consistent player Owens or McNabb?

Does Owens get open and make plays? Yes.

Does McNabb often over or under throw open recievers primarily Owens? Yes.

Does Lelie drop more passes than Owens? Yes.

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Owens is NOT the only guy in the NFL with an EGO.

Since you love Owens so much and think he's not as bad as other players, look at this link. It gives a history of Owens and his comments and remarks and unprofessionalism. Dam his antics makes Protis's Championship belt look like nothing.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2217740

As a bronco fan you gotta think what can happen if Owens comes here. I can bet since reading his history, he will be complaining and pointing a finger at everyone except himself on why the team lost. A loss hurts a team mentally, you dont want someone to rub it in and point fingers when your at your lowest. Can you imagine if TO was on the team when we lost to the Giants? We quickly got over that hump and mvoed on to Philly. TO would have dragged out that loss and we would have lost all concentration for the next game.

As much as he has talent, his actions in the locker room is not worth it.

rogue719
11-10-2005, 06:42 AM
If we don't have the cap space then why are the professional analysts even considering the Broncos as one of the front-runners?
Are you sure about the cap?
:confused:

Based on need. Rod Smith is getting older and we haven't got any other receivers that have shown the ability to both get separation and consistently catch the ball, particularly in traffic. Owens brings that to the table. Also, Owens might not be interested in a gutter team that will pay the big bucks if he also doesn't have a chance to play in the big dance. Arizona will never get him there. He wants the bucks but he more than that wants the chance to strut on a large stage, a world-wide stage. It's that larger than life ego of his.

rogue719
11-10-2005, 08:05 AM

If you could _control_ a loose cannon, it wouldn't be a "loose" cannon. Professional football teams expect their players, coaches and professional people to be that: professional. They expect them to be men, and if TO had been treated like the child he is, he would have reacted and blown up even earlier.

JRWIZ
11-10-2005, 08:40 AM
Based on need. Rod Smith is getting older and we haven't got any other receivers that have shown the ability to both get separation and consistently catch the ball, particularly in traffic. Owens brings that to the table. Also, Owens might not be interested in a gutter team that will pay the big bucks if he also doesn't have a chance to play in the big dance. Arizona will never get him there. He wants the bucks but he more than that wants the chance to strut on a large stage, a world-wide stage. It's that larger than life ego of his.

Pray tell the difference between Rod and to.

to's DOB is 12/07/1973
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1290
NFL Experience: 10
TOTAL 142 128 716 10535 14.7 91 101 158 40 493
*****G***GS*#**yards**avg*lg*TD +20 +40 1st downs
TOTAL 159 134 754 10331 13.7 85 62 132 21 510
Rod's DOB 05/15/1970
NFL Experience: 11
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/1220
Three years older big deal with the way Rod takes care of himself.

Rod is a leader to is a divider.

This is no brainer as long as Rod wants to play he has a job in DEN.

Would you really rather have to over Rod for a year or two?