PDA

View Full Version : Cal vs. USC

Hells Bells
11-09-2005, 11:13 PM
Does anyone even give Cal a prayer of a chance? Remember that Cal is the last team USC lost to, and the last time they came to Memorial Stadium was the last time USC lost as well. It's been sold out since the season started. It'll be rockin. I'll be rockin. Does anyone think there's a remote possibility Cal will win?

mrsolo
11-10-2005, 07:34 AM
Does anyone even give Cal a prayer of a chance? Remember that Cal is the last team USC lost to, and the last time they came to Memorial Stadium was the last time USC lost as well. It's been sold out since the season started. It'll be rockin. I'll be rockin. Does anyone think there's a remote possibility Cal will win?

I hope so, mainly because I don't like USC. I like Bush and Leinart as players. They are fun to watch. I have just always disliked USC. It could be a good game tough. There should be a lot of emotion.

xX-Bronco-Xx
11-10-2005, 04:17 PM
I will root for Cal just for the fact that USC is number one and the fact that they cheated to win in the ND game :mad:

broncofan303
11-10-2005, 04:44 PM
I will root for Cal just for the fact that USC is number one and the fact that they cheated to win in the ND game :mad:

LOL I'm a little bitter about that game too....oh well, we'll get a BCS Bid..

But SC is gonna run all over Cal (hopefully that jinx'ed them..lol), Cal isnt that good really, but you know how these rivalary games work, cooky things happen all the time... but I really expect SC to win by 3 TD's...

TXBRONC
11-10-2005, 08:55 PM
I happen to like USC and hope they make some more history this year. So there. :cheeky:

Calif. Bronco
11-12-2005, 08:41 AM
It's been sold out since the season started. It'll be rockin. I'll be rockin.

Well... SC hasn't played in an opposing stadium yet that wasn't "rockin" so I don't think that will bother them. It comes with the territory when you've been number 1 for this long - you get everyone's best game and loudest crowd.

and the fact that they cheated to win in the ND game

UGH!!!! Will this never end? "I have never seen it called in 57 years," Keith Jackson about Reggie Bush pushing Matt Leinert into the end zone. You want to talk cheating? How about 6-inch grass at Notre Dame stadium that contributed to 2 players (1 from each team) suffering season-ending knee injuries that day. How about Notre Dame's 3 QB sneaks earlier in the game when players could be seen pushing Brady Quinn forward. Sheesh! Get over it already.

but you know how these rivalary games work, cooky things happen all the time...

Honestly, Cal is not one of USC's rivals. That's not to knock them in any way, just to point out that UCLA and Notre Dame are USC's traditional rivals.

All that being said, however, as an SC fan this game worries me a bit. There have been some very good SC teams over that last quarter century who have struggled against Cal. Add in the fact that Cal pushed SC all over the field last year at the Coliseum and probably deserved to win must be factored in as well.

Hells Bells
11-12-2005, 11:54 AM
Well... SC hasn't played in an opposing stadium yet that wasn't "rockin" so I don't think that will bother them. It comes with the territory when you've been number 1 for this long - you get everyone's best game and loudest crowd.

UGH!!!! Will this never end? "I have never seen it called in 57 years," Keith Jackson about Reggie Bush pushing Matt Leinert into the end zone. You want to talk cheating? How about 6-inch grass at Notre Dame stadium that contributed to 2 players (1 from each team) suffering season-ending knee injuries that day. How about Notre Dame's 3 QB sneaks earlier in the game when players could be seen pushing Brady Quinn forward. Sheesh! Get over it already.

Honestly, Cal is not one of USC's rivals. That's not to knock them in any way, just to point out that UCLA and Notre Dame are USC's traditional rivals.

All that being said, however, as an SC fan this game worries me a bit. There have been some very good SC teams over that last quarter century who have struggled against Cal. Add in the fact that Cal pushed SC all over the field last year at the Coliseum and probably deserved to win must be factored in as well.

I agree that Cal and USC aren't really rivals, just recently they've played close games year in and year out, and they've both been rather good in recent years. Cal's rival is Stanford (greatest rivalry in the West!), USC's rivals are Notre Dame and UCLA. Both of these teams just happen to be good right now.

BTW, I leave for the game in 10 minutes!! Woo hoo!!!

Calif. Bronco
11-12-2005, 01:39 PM
I agree that Cal and USC aren't really rivals, just recently they've played close games year in and year out, and they've both been rather good in recent years. Cal's rival is Stanford (greatest rivalry in the West!), USC's rivals are Notre Dame and UCLA. Both of these teams just happen to be good right now.

BTW, I leave for the game in 10 minutes!! Woo hoo!!!

I totally agree - Cal has played SC tougher in recent years than anyone, even outplaying them the last 2 years. Have fun at the game HB! Although I obviously hope you leave unhappy, I hope you have a good day :beer:

Emancipator
11-12-2005, 02:00 PM
You can believe that. USC wins big.......by 1 pt.

Hells Bells
11-12-2005, 09:01 PM
Well, that game thoroughly sucked. I don't know how many of you saw the game, but if I had to blame the game on one person, it would be Joe Ayoob....9 for 19 with 4 interceptions, and I don't think that really does justice to how terrible he played.....had receivers open all game but overthrew them.....humph. Oh well. Go Raiders tomorrow!!! Goin' to that game too!!!