PDA

View Full Version : Reggie Bush draft position

moozoo22
11-13-2005, 09:58 PM
Where do you guys think he's gonna go...I'm intrigued to see if he's the next marshall faulk or maybe the next KiJana Carter. Does he have the toughness to run inside for big yards, because in the NFL, linebackers go fast.

broncofan303
11-13-2005, 10:49 PM
He's a sick athlete, but I think he might turn out to be like one of those Peter Warrick types, they are awesome in college, but once they played with NFL speed, they just didn't do what they did in college like juking people out of their shoes and reversing fields (dangerous in the NFL)... I'd say he'll go around 5, 6...

Hells Bells
11-14-2005, 12:09 AM
He's a sick athlete, but I think he might turn out to be like one of those Peter Warrick types, they are awesome in college, but once they played with NFL speed, they just didn't do what they did in college like juking people out of their shoes and reversing fields (dangerous in the NFL)... I'd say he'll go around 5, 6...

i agree. He's SUCH good college player, but he seems to have trouble running between the tackles, something much more common in the NFL then college, which is probably his weakness. I would rather have LenDale White.

I think there's a good chance he'll go #1, because the worst teams (Packers, Texans, Niners) all have quarterbacks.

mrsolo
11-14-2005, 09:56 AM
i agree. He's SUCH good college player, but he seems to have trouble running between the tackles, something much more common in the NFL then college, which is probably his weakness. I would rather have LenDale White.

I think there's a good chance he'll go #1, because the worst teams (Packers, Texans, Niners) all have quarterbacks.

I think he's physical enough to handle the NFL, but not between the tackles. LenDale will be probably be the better tailback, but Bush will be more of a playmaker.

broncofan303
11-14-2005, 11:14 AM
I think he's physical enough to handle the NFL, but not between the tackles. LenDale will be probably be the better tailback, but Bush will be more of a playmaker.

USC, for his own benefit, should really put him at WR more often...He's a hell of a college RB...but if he wants to succeed in the NFL, he needs to iron out his route running, finding creases in zones, and all that fun stuff of being a WR...I can see him being a Marshall Faulk back, but look at Marshall now, he's sharing time with a physical back in Jackson...He has great hands and he can easily be a great WR...we'll see...

OhNoKoolAid
11-14-2005, 10:29 PM
USC, for his own benefit, should really put him at WR more often...He's a hell of a college RB...but if he wants to succeed in the NFL, he needs to iron out his route running, finding creases in zones, and all that fun stuff of being a WR...I can see him being a Marshall Faulk back, but look at Marshall now, he's sharing time with a physical back in Jackson...He has great hands and he can easily be a great WR...we'll see...

For a period of around five to six years, Faulk was the greatest back of his era. Just because he is on the downside of his career, his accomplishments should not be taken for granted. He is in his current position due to age and injuries taking a toll on his body, not because Jackson is simply a better player, because Faulk's best days lap Jackson's, and his career likely will as well.

Bush is no Peter Warrick. Warrick was undersized and lacked top end speed, with a 40 time around 4.55, not great for a player of his stature. Bush's 40 time is 4.4 at the worst, and he likely will run in the 4.3s on his pro day. He's te top playmaker in the draft, and will go within the first three picks. Comparing him to Faulk is fine, but comparing him to Warrick is an injustice to his talents.

broncofan303
11-14-2005, 11:55 PM
Bush is no Peter Warrick. Warrick was undersized and lacked top end speed, with a 40 time around 4.55, not great for a player of his stature. Bush's 40 time is 4.4 at the worst, and he likely will run in the 4.3s on his pro day. He's te top playmaker in the draft, and will go within the first three picks. Comparing him to Faulk is fine, but comparing him to Warrick is an injustice to his talents.

Did you see Peter Warrick in college? The guy was a freak... You aren't drafted 4th overall for no reason...He was a very similar style as Bush, they ran reverses, screens, and occassional long balls that Warrick can haul down... He had tremendous upside, but his pro career didn't pan out as one or the Bengals would think... I'm just pointing that out there, not taking anything away from Bush because he COULD be something special in the pros...