PDA

View Full Version : Redskins Pick

Archimedes Owl
11-22-2005, 06:34 AM
I've been keeping an eye on the Washington Redskins doing my best to figure out what pick we might get from them.

At 5-5 they are at the middle of the pack and would offer us a 15th or 16th draft pick. Minnesota is also 5-5, but I would presume that they would have the easier strenght of schedule at the end of the year, so they likely hold the 16th pick.

There are several teams that are 4-6 and a few that are 6-4.

The 4-6 teams:

Philadelphia
Detroit
Buffalo
Cleveland
Oakland
St. Louis

The 6-4 teams:

Atlanta
New England
San Diego
Kansas City

This list is good news. They have more room to move downward than upward. Especially when you consider that New England will likely make the playoffs.

Of course, they aren't out of the playoff race either and it is important that they don't get into the playoffs for the sake of a good pick.

With all this in mind, Broncos fans can care very much more about games between mediocre teams.

If Broncos fans wish the best for the Broncos next year, they should root for the following teams with the highest priority:

Root for these teams to keep Washington out of the playoffs:
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Atlanta

Root for these teams to do well to possibly pass up Washington:

Oakland -- They have a tough schedule, so if they tie Washington, they will likely draft after Washington. It doesn't hurt for an AFC West team to get a worse pick, too.
Minnesota -- They have an easy schedule, so you would rather them have a better record than an identical one.
San Diego -- Same reasoning as Oakland. Though, we don't want them to do too well. It would be nice if they couldn't challenge us for the division by our last game.
Kansas City -- Same as San Diego.
Cleveland -- They have a good defense and, with Reuben Droughns, can pull of some upsets.
Buffalo -- They also have a decent defense and have a decent shot at improving their record.
St. Louis -- They play too more pretty easy games. @Houston next week and San Fran later on.

Of course, through this all, we should want Washington to lose as many as possible.

Their next three games are against San Diego, @St. Louis, @Arizona.

Then they finish against the NFC east teams.

With this in mind, you may want to consider rooting for Arizona too. If they can win a couple and if they win their game against Washington, they may be able to also pass them. Not really that likely, but with them having games against Jacksonville and Indy left. Luckily the Indy game is their final of the regular season, so the Colts may be resting people. That gives them a chance to win that game.

EDIT: Actually, Minnesota's schedule isn't all that easy.

Prodigal19
11-23-2005, 08:57 PM
I think they will finish at least a couple of games above .500. the rest of their schedule is pretty easy compared to the first half of their schedule.

WABronco
11-23-2005, 11:20 PM
I've been keeping an eye on the Washington Redskins doing my best to figure out what pick we might get from them.

At 5-5 they are at the middle of the pack and would offer us a 15th or 16th draft pick. Minnesota is also 5-5, but I would presume that they would have the easier strenght of schedule at the end of the year, so they likely hold the 16th pick.

There are several teams that are 4-6 and a few that are 6-4.

The 4-6 teams:

Philadelphia
Detroit
Buffalo
Cleveland
Oakland
St. Louis

The 6-4 teams:

Atlanta
New England
San Diego
Kansas City

This list is good news. They have more room to move downward than upward. Especially when you consider that New England will likely make the playoffs.

Of course, they aren't out of the playoff race either and it is important that they don't get into the playoffs for the sake of a good pick.

With all this in mind, Broncos fans can care very much more about games between mediocre teams.

If Broncos fans wish the best for the Broncos next year, they should root for the following teams with the highest priority:

Root for these teams to keep Washington out of the playoffs:
New York Giants
Dallas Cowboys
Tampa Bay
Carolina
Atlanta

Root for these teams to do well to possibly pass up Washington:

Oakland -- They have a tough schedule, so if they tie Washington, they will likely draft after Washington. It doesn't hurt for an AFC West team to get a worse pick, too.
Minnesota -- They have an easy schedule, so you would rather them have a better record than an identical one.
San Diego -- Same reasoning as Oakland. Though, we don't want them to do too well. It would be nice if they couldn't challenge us for the division by our last game.
Kansas City -- Same as San Diego.
Cleveland -- They have a good defense and, with Reuben Droughns, can pull of some upsets.
Buffalo -- They also have a decent defense and have a decent shot at improving their record.
St. Louis -- They play too more pretty easy games. @Houston next week and San Fran later on.

Of course, through this all, we should want Washington to lose as many as possible.

Their next three games are against San Diego, @St. Louis, @Arizona.

Then they finish against the NFC east teams.

With this in mind, you may want to consider rooting for Arizona too. If they can win a couple and if they win their game against Washington, they may be able to also pass them. Not really that likely, but with them having games against Jacksonville and Indy left. Luckily the Indy game is their final of the regular season, so the Colts may be resting people. That gives them a chance to win that game.

EDIT: Actually, Minnesota's schedule isn't all that easy.

NICE POST DUDE! :P

Archimedes Owl
11-24-2005, 08:56 AM
I think they will finish at least a couple of games above .500. the rest of their schedule is pretty easy compared to the first half of their schedule.
We certainly have to hope that teams like
San Diego, Dallas, and NY beat them. I think that they certainly could lose all of those games. Then all we have to hope for is an upset by St. Louis or Philadelphia.

At any rate, we have a good reason to watch the some of these games between mediocre teams.

MileHighSpirit
11-24-2005, 10:19 AM
We certainly have to hope that teams like
San Diego, Dallas, and NY beat them. I think that they certainly could lose all of those games. Then all we have to hope for is an upset by St. Louis or Philadelphia.

At any rate, we have a good reason to watch the some of these games between mediocre teams.

Washington's remaining schedule looks like this...

San Diego
@ St Louis
@ Arizona
Dallas
NY Giants
@ Philadelphia

All of the 'skins' home games they should lose. SD is a very good team with a tough schedule. Dallas dominated them for 57 minutes the last time they played, and they will likely do it again. NY mopped the meadowlands floor with them 36-0 in their last meeting. Those games alone put Washington at 5-8.

All of their away games are against teams that will be underdogs, but are tough at home. St Louis should never be underestimated on the fast track. Holt, Bruce, Curtis, Jackson; they can all light you up. Arizona has been playing with a lot of spunk recently, and if the 'skins couldn't stop Jerry Porter how will they stop Larry Fitzgerald and Anquan Boldin? Philadelphia has very little left in the tank and is out two pro bowlers. Still, @home they can be tough and Washington will have to fight to win that game.

With the tough away games don't be surprised to see Washington at 7-9 or worse. The extreme case of them losing out will not happen, but just the fact that it is feasible gives me hope. People have overrated this team ALL year. They have never been that good, and by the end of the year people will know it.

My prediction is that they will be 6-10, and we will have a pick in the 7-11 range in April, '06. :cool: