PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the National Championship....USC or Texas?

Skywalker
11-23-2005, 09:58 AM
I will have to go with Texas.....they are just dominate this year.

The Fresno State game last week also proved that USC isn't what everyone thinks they are. Fres threw 5 INT's and they only lost by 8 points!

GO TEXAS!

john_elway_7_#1
11-24-2005, 08:11 PM
the reason USC is gonna lose is because they have no D.... Vince Young and the longhorns are gonna smash USC lol :cheers:

Calif. Bronco
11-25-2005, 10:43 AM
the reason USC is gonna lose is because they have no D.... Vince Young and the longhorns are gonna smash USC lol :cheers:

I heard the same thing last year going into the Oklahoma game. USC's speed is the intangible that no one ever figures in. Oklahoma last year (and Michigan the year before for that matter) said they were totally unprepared for how fast SC was.

I think SC wins in a shootout.

Emancipator
11-25-2005, 10:44 AM
USC will beat Texas. Reggie Bush will get the heisman..........(that's a bonus statement for your post)

broncofan303
11-25-2005, 10:21 PM
What I noticed about Texas is that they are vulnerable to the run...every time aTm ran it today, they consistantly got at least 5 yards, it was only when they started passing, Texas got stops....This makes me believe that IF the game is between SC and Texas, it's going to be a wild one...both D's are suspect and Vince young cannot throw....PERIOD..

Nick7
11-25-2005, 10:50 PM
I will have to go with Texas.....they are just dominate this year.

The Fresno State game last week also proved that USC isn't what everyone thinks they are. Fres threw 5 INT's and they only lost by 8 points!

GO TEXAS!

Pretty dominate in that Texas A&M game, huh? They dominated that UNRANKED team by a whopping 11 points!

broncofan303
11-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Pretty dominate in that Texas A&M game, huh? They dominated that UNRANKED team by a whopping 11 points!

It was a lot closer too...if Texas wouldn't of got that blocked punt for a Td, who knows what could of happened... I'm telling you Texas is falling apart inch by inch, from the blowup in Okie State to today's game..but i'll give them this, they have been finding ways to win those games, so you can't fault them...but their weaknesses are exposed weekly..

Emancipator
11-26-2005, 12:26 AM
USC wins a close game..........55-21

Bronco_f1
11-26-2005, 12:38 AM
USC is USC. I don't care their defense is allowing many points. When the game is on the line, I think USC will be the team we have seen the last three years

broncofan303
11-26-2005, 12:38 AM
USC wins a close game..........55-21

LOL how is 34 points close? heheh

SC is going to have a battle next week against UCLA...both teams have great offenses but crappy D's, I wont' be shocked if we see another 49-42 game...with UCLA coming out on top of course, hehe...

Booher
11-26-2005, 08:56 AM
Neither of these teams are blowing out teams they should.....unimpressive wins.

NJBRONCOSFAN
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
Neither of these teams are blowing out teams they should.....unimpressive wins.
Who should be playing in the championship game then?

broncofan303
11-26-2005, 12:21 PM

Penn State and LSU....;)

Booher
11-26-2005, 03:39 PM

I didn't offer anyone else up but I would bet a bunch of the one win teams could beat both of these teams.

TXBRONC
11-26-2005, 06:45 PM
USC over UT.

badintentions
11-26-2005, 07:36 PM
thats a tough one...but im gonna hav to go witt USC...but who knows!!!

TheChampion
11-26-2005, 10:48 PM
i pick texas

Jaws
11-28-2005, 04:30 AM
Go Texas!!!!!!!

Orange Cru$h
11-28-2005, 04:08 PM
SC over UT
High score and by 3 in triple overtime.
Maybe that's just what I want to see. Not like last year. :beer:

chickennob2
12-01-2005, 09:55 PM
USC. Basically, you have an outstanding Quarterback and an Outstanding Runningback versus an outstanding Runningback trying to play Quarterback. No contest. Trojans are going to perform during the holidays. ...trojans always do.

Nomad Broncofan
12-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Texas sucks! go Trojans! And I'm not even a USC fan.

Perry1977
12-03-2005, 11:50 PM
Texas is going to win because yours truly bet somebody actual money that USC would beat them. That's like the kiss of death for a football team!

Mr. T
12-04-2005, 12:30 AM
I don't know...in a game like this, it's just easier to put your money on the reigning champs.

broncofan303
12-04-2005, 07:55 AM
I don't know...in a game like this, it's just easier to put your money on the reigning champs.

Yeah, thank God you didn't say back-to-back championship because we all know they didn't play in the title game 2 years ago.... but SC is well coached and they always show up for these big games (i.e. Oklahoma)...Texas better be prep'ed and ready, cuz SC can easily drop 40 on them any time....

Calif. Bronco
12-04-2005, 08:08 AM
Yeah, thank God you didn't say back-to-back championship because we all know they didn't play in the title game 2 years ago

Oh my God, do we have to go through this again? They won a split national championship (one of countless in the insane history of Div. 1 football) and therefore have won back-to-back titles. They were presented with a championship trophy (if you're ever in L.A. I'll take you over to Heritage Hall and show it to you) and received all of the fringe benefits that go with being a national champion. Therefore, they were champions two years ago (along with LSU) and to deny this is two-year-old sour grapes. Get over it already! :duh:

broncofan303
12-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Oh my God, do we have to go through this again? They won a split national championship (one of countless in the insane history of Div. 1 football) and therefore have won back-to-back titles. They were presented with a championship trophy (if you're ever in L.A. I'll take you over to Heritage Hall and show it to you) and received all of the fringe benefits that go with being a national champion. Therefore, they were champions two years ago (along with LSU) and to deny this is two-year-old sour grapes. Get over it already! :duh:

That's what a SC fan would say... I understand your "as in Trojan fans" point of view, but you have to look at it from the rest of the world standpoint... BCS was created for 1 champion meaning 2 teams, 1 champ, thats it...Meaning LSU and Oklahoma that year, Oklahoma and SC the following year, and this year SC and Texas... So According to the BCS, you only have ONE, you only got the other one because of the human polls which, in most part, is biased...

I'll drop this as soon as Texass beats SC....

Hook 'Em Horns!

BroncoBailey024
12-04-2005, 11:16 AM
Vince young and the the Horns will bring her home. ;)

Calif. Bronco
12-04-2005, 12:05 PM
That's what a SC fan would say... I understand your "as in Trojan fans" point of view, but you have to look at it from the rest of the world standpoint... BCS was created for 1 champion meaning 2 teams, 1 champ, thats it...Meaning LSU and Oklahoma that year, Oklahoma and SC the following year, and this year SC and Texas... So According to the BCS, you only have ONE, you only got the other one because of the human polls which, in most part, is biased...

I'll drop this as soon as Texass beats SC....

Hook 'Em Horns!

So in other words, what you're saying is the BCS attempted to fix a problem and failed to do so. That's not SC's fault. They were #1 in both polls prior to the Bowl games that year and would have been #1 in both polls after the bowl games if the coaches weren't mandated to vote for LSU. So essentially LSU has less of a claim to that title than USC, although in the spirit of generosity ( :D ) I am perfectly willing to share it with them.

I guess the bottom line is they have won the AP national championship the last two years and this year will hopefully do what no team has ever done and win a third straight.

GridironChamp
12-04-2005, 09:11 PM
USC has had many close calls this year, but look at the big games, huge victories. When it comes to crunch time USC is the best, and look at the teams they have played compared to Texas. They played 5 ranked teams this year.

And how do you stop USC, play the pass, then say hello to the hiesman winner Reggie Bush for 250 yds and 3 TDs. or Play the run say hello to the ex-hiesman winner Matt Lienhert for 350yds and 3 TDs. And even if you play the run Reggie Bush will still make 5 ppl miss a play and be phenomenal.

USC pretty easy, bcuz as good as Vince Young is we will see in that game why he wont excel in the NFL like some ppl predict, he will be one of the College studs, NFL duds (Ken Dorsey & Ron Dayne)

Kapaibro
12-04-2005, 09:17 PM
I'd like to think that Texas will do it, but USC makes up for any inconsistencies that any of the players have.

BearsBronco Fan
12-05-2005, 02:43 PM
Texas will beat USC.

Nomad Broncofan
12-06-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry Texas, Vince Young on the cover of SI just spoiled your chances. Go USC!

runnerg26
12-06-2005, 08:44 PM
I'm a southern California boy, of course I'm going for USC to win it all.

Sevenis7
12-22-2005, 04:55 PM
For all you Texas apologists: Have you seen the teams y'all played? Ohio State was the only "quality" win you had, and they aren't really all that good, either.

Compare Texas's opponents to USC's and you can see that this will be last year's Orange Bowl all over again. After this shellacking, the BCS should outlaw Big 12 Champion from any future title games.