PDA

View Full Version : Anyone see the Charlie Weis thing on ESPN?

chickennob2
11-24-2005, 10:33 PM
Very moving story about the Notre Dame coach's visit to a ten year-old fan dying of cancer. Long story short, Charlie asked the kid to call the first play of the next game. He told him to pass to the right. Montana (the boy, named after Joe Montana) dies the friday before the ND - Washington game. ND's first offensive play was from their own 1 yard line, an obvious running situation. Charlie, however, called a play action pass to the right, TE got a first down. Very moving segment.

WABronco
11-24-2005, 10:45 PM
Very moving story about the Notre Dame coach's visit to a ten year-old fan dying of cancer. Long story short, Charlie asked the kid to call the first play of the next game. He told him to pass to the right. Montana (the boy, named after Joe Montana) dies the friday before the ND - Washington game. ND's first offensive play was from their own 1 yard line, an obvious running situation. Charlie, however, called a play action pass to the right, TE got a first down. Very moving segment.

Yea, I saw that play live...

When I found out the purpose I was moved.

But (not trying to sound too rude or stupid) they've showed that entire thing on ESPN like 5 times over the last couple months. It's like, please stop showing it cuz it's way too sad...

Skywalker
11-24-2005, 10:46 PM

yeah I saw it....but I read an article about that about 1 month.....month 1/2 ago.

a very good story.

broncofan303
11-24-2005, 11:18 PM
Great story...I did find out after that game about this, but its always to bring up what a great guy Weiss is and what he's doing to the Irish program...

It was strange that they ran a playaction at the goal line, and it was a first down out of all things...to think that was for a good cause...

GO IRISH!!

Snk16
11-25-2005, 09:17 AM
A touching and moving story indeed.

aberdien
11-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I actually cried when I saw that. Yes, I cried. I admit it.

God Bless Weis!! :beer: