PDA

View Full Version : Calvin Johnson - don't miss...

DURANGO BRONCO
11-26-2005, 01:13 PM
If you want a preview of a future star WR, tune into the Georgia - Georgia Tech game tonight. Calvin Johnson GA Tech WR, 6-4 220 Sophomore is incredible. I am also looking forward to watching Leonard Pope TE 6-7 Jr., and Greg Blue S 6-2 Sr. in this game. All are great pro prospects, but you will have to wait at least one more year before Johnson is eligible for the draft.

Emancipator
11-26-2005, 01:23 PM
I'll check him out and let you know.

CR18
11-26-2005, 01:25 PM
your right, calvin johnson is amazing....

i sure hope he comes out after next season

daniel80111
11-27-2005, 12:13 AM
Calvin Johnson is amazing. Great size, pretty good speed, and great hands. 2nd best wide receiver prospect in that class behind Dwayne Jarrett.

OhNoKoolAid
11-27-2005, 03:35 PM
Calvin Johnson is amazing. Great size, pretty good speed, and great hands. 2nd best wide receiver prospect in that class behind Dwayne Jarrett.

Sorry, Jarrett is a great receiver, but Johnson has T.O. skill and will be more of an elite gamebreaker in all facets of the game. To do what he does with that wretched QB Ball is unreal.

daniel80111
11-28-2005, 05:03 PM
Sorry, Jarrett is a great receiver, but Johnson has T.O. skill and will be more of an elite gamebreaker in all facets of the game. To do what he does with that wretched QB Ball is unreal.

Jarrett is a far better red zone receiver with better size and much better athleticism. And trust me I've seen tons of film on both of them. Johnson is amazing, but Jarrett is on another level, period.

DarKliger
11-29-2005, 04:16 AM
Anyone with eyes can see Calvin Johnson is the better receiver. Daniel you wouldnt happen to be a USC fan by any chance?

daniel80111
12-01-2005, 05:30 PM
Anyone with eyes can see Calvin Johnson is the better receiver. Daniel you wouldnt happen to be a USC fan by any chance?

haha, I guess I would have to be a fan since I work for the team...but my opinion is truly unbiased. I've seen so much film that there's no need for my bias to get in the way anymore. But from someone that makes a living analyzing this stuff, I like Jarrett's abilities on the next level more than Johnson. He's physically longer and more athletic, bottom line, while Johnson has the edge on strength. If anybody wants to PM me about any questions, I'll be glad to take them.

Perry1977
12-01-2005, 06:48 PM
haha, I guess I would have to be a fan since I work for the team...but my opinion is truly unbiased.

Say no more. :coffee:

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-01-2005, 07:07 PM
Wat about Maurice Stovall and Jeff Simarzda :confused:

DURANGO BRONCO
12-01-2005, 07:25 PM
I think Samardzia is the real deal. Don't know if he is coming out as a Jr., so he might be another prospect for 06. Stovall is also impressive.

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-01-2005, 07:35 PM
I think Samardzia is the real deal. Don't know if he is coming out as a Jr., so he might be another prospect for 06. Stovall is also impressive.
Ya Jeff won't be coming to the draft this year and he has a baseball career too so i dont know which road he will choose (hopefully football) but Stovall proved he's a great player thats tall and speedy for a person his size and he can make big catches in the endzone :beer:

daniel80111
12-02-2005, 01:40 AM
Say no more. :coffee:

I guess I won't say anymore, and since you assume I'm biased I guess I can assume I know a lot more about the game than you, since my profession is in football at a pretty good program. I'll call it like it is, I think Matt is an amazing quarterback but he probably needs a great running game behind him to suceed on the next level. And as great as Reggie is, he needs to learn to make 1 cut and go on the next level, too much speed. So please dont disrespect me as an evaluator, because its not right.