PDA

View Full Version : Iowa St. Lost, Buffs in Big 12 championship!

Bronco_f1
11-26-2005, 02:20 PM
Should I celebrate? :confused:

Bronco_f1
11-26-2005, 02:21 PM
We will get crushed

JayhawkBronco
11-26-2005, 02:25 PM
A&M and Okie St gave Texas a scare....This is one KU fan who will be cheering for the Buffs to beat those pompous Texans. But watch out for mysterious penalties if it's a close game. (We all know it's all about the dollar signs for the Big XII :P )

Buff_bronc_fan
11-26-2005, 03:12 PM
I wanted ISU to win, simply because another huge loss against UT will only have CU's bowl status plummet even further... On the other hand, ISU has had their fate in their own hands in the last game 2 years in a row, and for the 2nd straight year in a row they choked.... So, default or not, CU is the division champ for the 3rd or 4th time in the last 5 years? We'll take em as we can get em.

ozzy_osbourne
11-26-2005, 09:48 PM
A CU loss to NU is like the Broncos losing to the Raiders... and we're just going to get our a$$es kicked the the title game just like last year...hopefully they can show up this time...

broncofan303
11-26-2005, 09:57 PM
Hehe, its actually funny to me... Nebraska did all they could to spoil CU's trip to Houston, but they're still in there because Iowa State is buiding a reputation of Choking...

and honestly, this will be hard for Texas to get up for...I mean come on, CU marched into Texas and then got destroyed...and CU really got dominated by both Iowa State and Nebraska, how could you get up for this team?

This is the perfect opportunity for CU to come up and sneak up on them and actually show up...

LET'S GO BUFFS...

armedequation
11-27-2005, 02:10 PM
cu doesnt belong to be there irregardless if they get destroyed by texas

Buff_bronc_fan
11-27-2005, 03:51 PM
cu doesnt belong to be there irregardless if they get destroyed by texas

Depends on your definition of deserve... They deserve it more than Nebraska, ISU, Missou, Kansas and K-State. Granted they'll probably get beat by UT. Thankfully for the Buffs, that's why they have league play. It didn't come down to tie-breakers this year either, the Buffs had the best conference record in the North at 5-3. Don't hate the team, hate the system.

Big Buck 1981
11-27-2005, 05:27 PM
30-3

Need I say more??? No...but I will. :D

Real class on behalf of a bunch of drunk students by throwing stuff onto the field at the end of the game...I know Colorado people, hell I was born there, and that is not how football fans are supposed to act. I feel sorry for you respectful fans having a shadow cast upon you by a bunch of idiots.

The thing that makes me sick is that we beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the Big XII north (Nebraska being #2), but lost (big time) to two of the bottom three teams. If we would have won the games we should have won, it could have been us getting our arses kicked by Texas in the Big XII championship! :goofy: :cheers:

Big Buck 1981
11-27-2005, 05:29 PM
Depends on your definition of deserve... They deserve it more than Nebraska, ISU, Missou, Kansas and K-State.

I don't think that any team really deserves it, because none of the teams did what they should have done to go out there and win it. Nebraska beat both Colorado and Iowa State...but lost to Mizzou and Kansas. Colorado doesn't really deserve it because they had their own destiny in their hands and choked...so did ISU. Like I said, nobody deserves it, but somebody had to get it.

TXBRONC
11-27-2005, 06:12 PM
Should I celebrate? :confused:

Yeah you can but since they backed its kind of empty. The most important thing for Buff fans is their in.

PR-Broncomaniac
11-27-2005, 06:45 PM
OMG, not TEXAS AGAIN!!!

This may get real ugly............................ :ugh:

Buff_bronc_fan
11-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I don't think that any team really deserves it, because none of the teams did what they should have done to go out there and win it. Nebraska beat both Colorado and Iowa State...but lost to Mizzou and Kansas. Colorado doesn't really deserve it because they had their own destiny in their hands and choked...so did ISU. Like I said, nobody deserves it, but somebody had to get it.

I see your point in the sense that no team in the North should be 1 win away from a BCS game. But the fact remains that there is a play-in stipulation in the Big 12, and the conference is divided into 2 divisions. CU went 5-3 in conference play, the other 3 teams tied for 2nd in the North went 4-4. You can slant it anyway you want saying this team beat this one, but at the end of the day the Buffs are still "champs."

I know it's a hollow title given the finish, but I hate hearing from these NU fans that CU doesn't 'deserve' it, when they were the same bunch that backed their team into the national championship after the 62-36 game and didn't even win their divison/conference. You can argue to change the rules or the divisional breakdown, but don't try and claim that some other team from the North should play UT.

broncofan303
11-27-2005, 07:35 PM
30-3

Need I say more??? No...but I will. :D

Real class on behalf of a bunch of drunk students by throwing stuff onto the field at the end of the game...I know Colorado people, hell I was born there, and that is not how football fans are supposed to act. I feel sorry for you respectful fans having a shadow cast upon you by a bunch of idiots.

The thing that makes me sick is that we beat 2 of the top 3 teams in the Big XII north (Nebraska being #2), but lost (big time) to two of the bottom three teams. If we would have won the games we should have won, it could have been us getting our arses kicked by Texas in the Big XII championship! :goofy: :cheers:

Thanks for understanding that...some Husker fans think its "all" buff fans that are that way...but the trash was only coming from the student section...Because I acutally say in the Husker section and I got along with the easily..we talked about football, not trash..amazing how good of folks Husker fans are...

But the reason why you lost to the "top" teams and the "bottom" teams is that the whole big 12 north is average! Average teams play each other tough and nobody really distigunished themselves as the "better" team like Texas did in the South...so I wouldn't say CU deserved to go, but neither did NU, Kansas, Mizzou, and Iowa State...

Big Buck 1981
11-28-2005, 07:41 AM
I know it's a hollow title given the finish, but I hate hearing from these NU fans that CU doesn't 'deserve' it, when they were the same bunch that backed their team into the national championship after the 62-36 game and didn't even win their divison/conference. You can argue to change the rules or the divisional breakdown, but don't try and claim that some other team from the North should play UT.

See, that's the difference, I am fully aware of the fact that Nebraska did not deserve to be in the title game after that wholloping by CU...that was a failure of the BCS, one of its many failures.

Big Buck 1981
11-28-2005, 07:45 AM
Thanks for understanding that...some Husker fans think its "all" buff fans that are that way...but the trash was only coming from the student section...Because I acutally say in the Husker section and I got along with the easily..we talked about football, not trash..amazing how good of folks Husker fans are...

But the reason why you lost to the "top" teams and the "bottom" teams is that the whole big 12 north is average! Average teams play each other tough and nobody really distigunished themselves as the "better" team like Texas did in the South...so I wouldn't say CU deserved to go, but neither did NU, Kansas, Mizzou, and Iowa State...

Yeah, most Husker fans will show respect to opposing fans, even if we lose, because it's all about sportsmanship...which is why we had a lot of fans getting on Callahan's case about the throat slash and the flippin' hillbillies thing...sportsmanship is key in Nebraska. I know the NU-CU has been and will continue to be a heated rivalry, and with MOST of the fans being pretty respectful, I don't see that changing. The key here is not to judge a book by its cover, and not to judge the entire Buffalo fan-base on seeing the actions of an idiotic few. The people who I really feel sorry for are the fans in that section that got kicked out who didn't even throw anything.

I also agree about the whole 'average' Big XII north, none of the teams are outstanding, there's actually quite a bit of parity in this division.

rcsodak
11-28-2005, 09:35 AM
Even my pathetic sooners beat ya'll...... :coffee:

:cheers:

mrsolo
11-28-2005, 11:11 AM
Even my pathetic sooners beat ya'll...... :coffee:

:cheers:

Excuse me. That's "flirted with pathetic" but now "steadily improving" Sooners, thank ya very much!!!! :D

edog24
11-28-2005, 11:30 AM
OMG, not TEXAS AGAIN!!!

This may get real ugly............................ :ugh:

This game could get hideous, especially if we play like we did against Nebraska, I wouldn't be suprised to see UT get 60+. :ugh:

socal18_2_88fan
11-28-2005, 02:14 PM
K-State pulled a shocker two years ago. Don't give up hope. It could be worse. You could be an alum of Indiana like I am and watch your team be the +1 of the Big Ten year in and year out.

Nick7
11-28-2005, 06:02 PM
The biggest problem is or coaching. Callahan is alright (that is a generous "alright"), but Cosgrove is horrible. You notice that whenever Neb's defense shows up, they play awesome.

broncofan303
11-28-2005, 10:26 PM
The biggest problem is or coaching. Callahan is alright (that is a generous "alright"), but Cosgrove is horrible. You notice that whenever Neb's defense shows up, they play awesome.

Callahan is horrible IMO, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Solich, he really got the short end of the stick as they say..NU wanted bigger and better things and I guess Solich wasn't the answer, just a shame how good coaches get fired...

Anway, has this become a rivalry? I believe that it is, and I'm sure some Corn believe that it has become one...it defintely isn't going to be a Alabama/Auburn, Texas/Oklahoma, etc rivalry, but you have to consider this one of those annual rivalry games...After NU's win, I haven't seen NU fans this excited about a CU victory, ever...would you Corn consider this a rivalry now?

wooha58
11-28-2005, 11:41 PM
Personally, I always saw it as a rivalry, even a few years back when nobody around here would ever admit it. When you have two top tier teams playing each other every year, I don't see how it could not be a rivalry. I think it's just a different type of rivalry now that both teams are basically middle of the pack. Instead of playing for shots at national championships, we're just playing to knock each other out of bowl eligibility.

mrsolo
11-29-2005, 08:01 AM
Callahan is horrible IMO, there was absolutely nothing wrong with Solich, he really got the short end of the stick as they say..NU wanted bigger and better things and I guess Solich wasn't the answer, just a shame how good coaches get fired...

Anway, has this become a rivalry? I believe that it is, and I'm sure some Corn believe that it has become one...it defintely isn't going to be a Alabama/Auburn, Texas/Oklahoma, etc rivalry, but you have to consider this one of those annual rivalry games...After NU's win, I haven't seen NU fans this excited about a CU victory, ever...would you Corn consider this a rivalry now?

Solich suffered the same fate as Gary Gibbs at Oklahoma. It's hard to step in and follow a legend (Tom Osborne, Barry Switzer). If you're not winning a national title right away, you're not good enough. I'd much rather have had 4 more years of Gary Gibbs and 8-3 or 7-4 records than what we went through with Howard "Drunk"enberger and John Blake. At least Blake was a good recruiter. He just wasn't ready to be running the show.

Solich should have been given more time. Callahan might have some success at Nebraska, but he's killing the old Nebraska image. I used to enjoy watching the Huskers play, even when they were playing the Sooners. Now I can hardly stand them. Callahan's "f-ing hillbillies" comment removed any hint of respect I might have had for him. I hope, for you Husker fans, that he'll be outta there soon.

Big Buck 1981
11-29-2005, 08:32 AM
Don't know if you guys have heard, but Solich is in the process of killing the old Nebraska image as well. Got busted for DUI over the weekend. I guess he was truly crunk as they found him passed out in his car, while it was in gear, engine running, but stopped --- pointing the wrong way down a one way street. I feel for the guy, but answers for life's problems should not be sought after at the bottom of a brown bottle...there's a name for people like that...ALCOHOLICS! I hope for his own sake he seeks some help.

Buff_bronc_fan
11-29-2005, 10:20 AM
Don't know if you guys have heard, but Solich is in the process of killing the old Nebraska image as well. Got busted for DUI over the weekend. I guess he was truly crunk as they found him passed out in his car, while it was in gear, engine running, but stopped --- pointing the wrong way down a one way street. I feel for the guy, but answers for life's problems should not be sought after at the bottom of a brown bottle...there's a name for people like that...ALCOHOLICS! I hope for his own sake he seeks some help.

I'd probably be drinking too if I had to coach Ohio University after being the Nebraska head coach... But I think Calahan will tarnish the NU image far more than Solich before it's all over. From the throat slashing gesture, to the hillbilly comment, to downright giving up in last years Oklahoma game. Solich is the lesser of two evils there in my opinion...

And Let's not even get me started on Gary Barnett...