5. Kelly Jennings, CB Miami
6. Aaron Harris, LB Texas
7. Josh Bullocks, S Nebraska

Emancipator
11-29-2005, 09:10 AM
We need to move that Safety up about 10 notches. :D

DURANGO BRONCO
11-29-2005, 10:51 AM
I like your list but Mario Williams is probably a top ten pick and we should be picking 15-20 with the Washington pick, and hopefully 32rd with the other pick. McNeil and Davis should be available late 1st. Eslinger is rated late 2nd rd, and would be a perfect fit for our offense. Daryl Tapp is projected late 2nd so probably won't be around

MowrMowr
11-30-2005, 07:42 PM
No chance Vernon Davis is around in the 2nd...he'll be top 15 after the combine.

WABronco
11-30-2005, 07:46 PM
That'd be sweet, but it's quite a reach job you got goin on there, for just about every player.

BTW, it's Daniel Bullocks who's coming out this year, and I think he's rated by many as the 5th best safety in this years draft.

Edit-Actually, now that I look at it carefully, I think you've got Hester, Wynn, and maybe Harris in the right spots.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-30-2005, 07:54 PM
Nah, Devin Hester is a very early 2nd round pick if he comes out this season, which he won't. He'll be a high first round pick next year.

WABronco
11-30-2005, 08:12 PM
Nah, Devin Hester is a very early 2nd round pick if he comes out this season, which he won't. He'll be a high first round pick next year.

I thought he was in the dog house and he hasn't even played that much at either CB or WR.

But I agree, he's a big time prospect...

OhNoKoolAid
11-30-2005, 08:24 PM

I'm not sure. It is important to know Hester's situation within the Miami program to evaluate this fully, which obviously we cannot do. Instead, inference is our best tool. One thing I would not underestimate is Hester's potential frustration with his role in the program and a fear that if he repeats his season, a high possibility considering his current role, his value may not get higher. I'd like to be a fly on the wall during Hester's post season meeting with the coaching staff, where they assess the plans for him, as he may not be guaranteed a starting job at corner. If he will test like Pac Man, he should go, because otherwise he risks being proved a fraud (I'm not saying he is...) and dropped to late day one. As is, his athleticism and talents in the return game could entice late first round consideration despite a poor season. Not everyone values performance so critically...

OhNoKoolAid
11-30-2005, 08:32 PM
I thought he was in the dog house and he hasn't even played that much at either CB or WR.

But I agree, he's a big time prospect...

slightly off topic, but where is the buzz around the player who beat out Hester, Marcus Maxey? Coaches close to the Canes say he is the fastest player on the team, and he's 6'2 195. When I've seen him play, he looks fairly physical and did a great job closing on balls in front. He has received no hype, and I have yet to see any type of scouting report on him, but from what the coaches say, he is a real talent. I hope he is invited to the Senior Bowl, and if he is as fast as advertised, he could have a meteoric rise up the board. Anybody else seen this guy play?

WABronco
11-30-2005, 08:37 PM
slightly off topic, but where is the buzz around the player who beat out Hester, Marcus Maxey? Coaches close to the Canes say he is the fastest player on the team, and he's 6'2 195. When I've seen him play, he looks fairly physical and did a great job closing on balls in front. He has received no hype, and I have yet to see any type of scouting report on him, but from what the coaches say, he is a real talent. I hope he is invited to the Senior Bowl, and if he is as fast as advertised, he could have a meteoric rise up the board. Anybody else seen this guy play?

I saw someone say that he was the fastest player on the team on another message board...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7989&highlight=maxey

A few of those guys know what they're talkin about, but the gist I got was that he's a one year wonder (so far) and he's still raw.

Frankly, when I watch Miami games, they're all physical freaks of nature...

This Scott Wright guy's got him rated no. 18 overall in the corner position. Hmmm, sounds like someone's not doing their homework...

OhNoKoolAid
11-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I saw someone say that he was the fastest player on the team on another message board...

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7989&highlight=maxey

A few of those guys know what they're talkin about, but the gist I got was that he's a one year wonder (so far) and he's still raw.

Frankly, when I watch Miami games, they're all physical freaks of nature...

This Scott Wright guy's got him rated no. 18 overall in the corner position. Hmmm, sounds like someone's not doing their homework...

I've heard Scott Wright on the radio a few times, he seemed to be fairly knowledgeable, but I wonder if half of these guys with draft sites do any more prospect watching then myself and a couple of others on this board. I don't doubt Wright though, he appears well researched.

That's an interesting board, do you post on it much? I don't know how I could fit that in my free time, since I spend enough of it watching DVR'ed games. It also looks like a homer sound off for a couple people trying to promote their school's players, but a lot of the responses in my brief look seemed pretty good and informative.

From what I can tell, Maxey has not gone through the second evaluation period be most experts, where his initial value will be established leading into the combine and all star games.

WABronco
11-30-2005, 08:55 PM
I've heard Scott Wright on the radio a few times, he seemed to be fairly knowledgeable, but I wonder if half of these guys with draft sites do any more prospect watching then myself and a couple of others on this board. I don't doubt Wright though, he appears well researched.

That's an interesting board, do you post on it much? I don't know how I could fit that in my free time, since I spend enough of it watching DVR'ed games. It also looks like a homer sound off for a couple people trying to promote their school's players, but a lot of the responses in my brief look seemed pretty good and informative.

From what I can tell, Maxey has not gone through the second evaluation period be most experts, where his initial value will be established leading into the combine and all star games.

Cool, I thought Wright was pretty good, he just doesn't really update much during the NFL season. Lol, I don't post on it cuz I'd have no idea what I'm talkin about. I'm not that hardcore into the draft stuff, but I just graze through it every once in a while to check out the latest stuff.

Yea, it is a bit of a homer "sound-off," but guys like toonster and keak know what they're talking about.

I noticed he just updated a few scouting reports for players Denver may have interest in. Whitworth, McNeill, Mike Bell, Maurice Stovall, Eslinger...

Mat'hir Uth Gan
11-30-2005, 10:10 PM
This site, the Huddle Report, and On The Clock are the hack draft sites I follow to a degree. None are really very good, but certainly entertaining to read.

I'd rank all 3 above Scouts Inc but below Mel Kiper Jr. And none are in the same ballpark as Scout.com, which after the last two years I am convinced is the top draft site in existance.

I'm to the point now that I'm only going to pay for them, since they are 90% right, and the other sites usually don't even hit 75%ish.

Scout.com is really championing Jason Avant now as the top WR in the draft with Jason Hill not far behind (3rd overall). And another name you never hear, Dwayne Bowe, as the 7th best WR prospect, ahead of Derek Hagan.

I'm curious to see if other sites start to run with those guys now.

WABronco
11-30-2005, 10:13 PM
This site, the Huddle Report, and On The Clock are the hack draft sites I follow to a degree. None are really very good, but certainly entertaining to read.

I'd rank all 3 above Scouts Inc but below Mel Kiper Jr. And none are in the same ballpark as Scout.com, which after the last two years I am convinced is the top draft site in existance.

I'm to the point now that I'm only going to pay for them, since they are 90% right, and the other sites usually don't even hit 75%ish.

Scout.com is really championing Jason Avant now as the top WR in the draft with Jason Hill not far behind (3rd overall). And another name you never hear, Dwayne Bowe, as the 7th best WR prospect, ahead of Derek Hagan.

I'm curious to see if other sites start to run with those guys now.

Lol, that's the first time I've seen Jason Hill's name on this board...

He's pretty good, I see about 3 or 4 WSU games a year, he's so clutch...

TheChampion
12-10-2005, 01:42 PM
1a. Mario Williams, DE NC State
1b. Marcus McNeill, OT Auburn
2. Vernon Davis, TE Maryland
3. Greg Eslinger, C Minnesota
3. Darryl Tapp. DE Virginia Tech
3. Devin Hester, CB/WR/KR Miami
4. DeShawn Wynn, RB Florida
7. Josh Bullocks, S Nebraska

new one

1a. Claude Wroten, DT LSU
1b. Gaines Adams, DE Clemson
2. Jason Allen, S Tennessee
3. Ryan O'Callaghan, OT/OG Cal
3. Manase Hopoi, DL Washington
3. Ashton Youtoby, CB Ohio State
4. Greg Jennings, WR Western Michigan
5. Aaron Harris, LB Texas
6. Rashon Powers-Neal, FB Notre Dame
7. Chris Kuper, G/C North Dakota

Rockwilder24
12-10-2005, 07:25 PM
1a) LaRon Landry
1b) Vernon Davis
2) Kamerion Wimbley,Elvis Dumervil(bit of a reach),Tamba Hali, Ray Edwards,Manny Lawson, Darryl Tapp.( I am confident that we can get one of these guys with this pick, ferget that I guarantee we will could get one of these guys with the pick)
2) we trade a 3d and 4th to the Bucs for their 2d and pick up Andrew Witworth or Greg Elsinger or Daryn Colledge.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-16-2005, 03:56 AM
1a. Mario Williams, DE NC State
1b. Marcus McNeill, OT Auburn
2. Vernon Davis, TE Maryland
3. Greg Eslinger, C Minnesota
3. Darryl Tapp. DE Virginia Tech
3. Devin Hester, CB/WR/KR Miami
4. DeShawn Wynn, RB Florida
7. Josh Bullocks, S NebraskaI like Marcus McNeill OT,and Micheal Huff S Texas