PDA

View Full Version : The BCS

SoonerMania
12-09-2003, 08:23 PM
I know this is for the greatest NFL team of all time but i just gotta say my peace about the BCS....Yes i am an OU fan so i guess im a lil bias....Every team, fan, player knows THERE IS NO PLAYOFFS IN COLLEGE SO IF YOU WANNA GO TO DA CHAMPIONSHIP DONT LOSE DURING THE REGULAR SEASON.....This isnt anything new to anyone, the season ends before the conference titles....So all the folks that are cryin foul next year dont lose to teams like Cal.!!!!!And maybe just maybe you'll get to the national championship!!!!!!

P.S. thats the bottom line:fight: <------Fighting sooner
and to all the ppl who wanna say the Sooners got wooped, well your right...But we're still goin so you should just look forward to next year!!!!

ReasonableChief
12-09-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by SoonerMania
I know this is for the greatest NFL team of all time but i just gotta say my peace about the BCS....Yes i am an OU fan so i guess im a lil bias....Every team, fan, player knows THERE IS NO PLAYOFFS IN COLLEGE SO IF YOU WANNA GO TO DA CHAMPIONSHIP DONT LOSE DURING THE REGULAR SEASON.....This isnt anything new to anyone, the season ends before the conference titles....So all the folks that are cryin foul next year dont lose to teams like Cal.!!!!!And maybe just maybe you'll get to the national championship!!!!!!

P.S. thats the bottom line:fight: <------Fighting sooner
and to all the ppl who wanna say the Sooners got wooped, well your right...But we're still goin so you should just look forward to next year!!!!

Kind of a bad weekend for the best team in the Big 12 and the best team in the AFC, wasn't it.

I expected K-State to put up a good fight ... possibly to even win. But I never saw 35-7 coming. It's hard to play well every week.

SoonerMania
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
I do have to agree, i think noone saw the @#$ woopin commin not even the Sooners...They where not ready for K state which for the last 4-5 years i have had respect for and now hopefully the Sooners will now to.....There is no such thing as an unbeatable team:fight:

ImaBroncosFan
12-09-2003, 08:34 PM
Im just glad OU's going to the Sugar Bowl.

SD-BlueCheese
12-09-2003, 09:41 PM
glad I was there to knock your championship dreams into next year.
Love to do it again when we beat you 5 out of 7.
Go BEARS!
:fight:

DarkLiger1
12-09-2003, 09:44 PM
If K-State had been playin like that all year than they would be in the championship.Did you see Sproles?(i think thats how you spell his name)He was like a little two-legged cheetah he was so FAST.It was like ZOOOOOMMMM

Pierce
12-10-2003, 03:16 AM
....Still grinning from ear to ear because I'm a K-State fan and a Broncos fan. Life was beautiful last weekend.:D

Jared
12-10-2003, 03:23 AM
If you can't win your own damn conference, then how in the hell are you playing for the national title?

I gotta be honest, at this point, I am hoping LSU wins and Michigan wins, so then all the talkers will be quiet. Out here, you'd think the earth was going to end, and on national radio, the hubris coming from Sooner land is ridiculous. "look at our whole season" Well, ok, you got your rear handed too you by an inferior team, while USC lost in triple OT to a team that had a great day.

Usc is no better "But we're number 1 in both polls" yeah well, you play in a puss conference, and you ALSO lost to an inferior team.

LSU has been...too quiet. Kinda scary.

I hope that this mess leads to an 8 team playoff. They do 16 at all the other levels.

Mr. CSU
12-10-2003, 06:56 AM
I think the only reason people are complaining is because Oklahoma got their buts kicked. Once Oklahoma lost there 1 of 3 teams was going to get "screwed. Even if Oklahoma won, 1 team would of been "screwed".

If you look at the season from start to finish, and the quality of teams played and the wins, The 2 best are playing in the Sugar.

ReasonableChief
12-10-2003, 08:21 AM
In addition, OU benefitted from the K-State rule.

When K-State lost a shot at the national title by losing the Big 12 Championship game, they did make some changes to modify the BCS to not allow one game to wipe out an entire body of work. In that case, KSU lost in overtime to, I think, Texas A & M.

orangenblue420
12-10-2003, 02:36 PM
I'm gonna only throw my 1/2 cent into this convo cause I really dont follow college football or the BcS. All I know is that a system that sets it up so the two best teams DONT meet for the Title is pure and total BS. I dont know how to fix it or even give a suggestion, but there are plenty of people who do and somone needs to start listening.

But, devils advocate here, not always do the two best teams in the NFL end up in the SuperBowl (Raiders last year......well I may be biased on that opinion but.....)

And please, OU fans, come up with something better than "well at least we are playin for the title" as a response to why you got your a$$ whooped this weekend, oh wait its deja vu all over again.............thats what every Chief fan is saying too.........:o

Jared
12-10-2003, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Mr. CSU

If you look at the season from start to finish, and the quality of teams played and the wins, The 2 best are playing in the Sugar.

I would argue that they are all equal. Hence why USC has legitimate, if whiny beef.

None of the three lost to like Northwestern or anything like that.

Jeff Saragrin was on a show out here on the radio, and as soon as he left, they mocked him. Just because he didn't have USC #1 in his poll. That was just wrong. He even said, "I don't work for the BCS, so I don't care. If they want to ignore the human polls, so be it. I think it is wrong. I do this because I like doing it." It was like they thought he was to blame. Sad. So biased.