PDA

View Full Version : Champ goes, LT comes

MKCC14
12-02-2005, 11:50 PM
It was on ESPN a while ago. the broncos are thinking about releasing champ bailey to get Ladianand Tomlinson from the free agent list next year. they want to give him a big salary so they need to cut champ short.

thoughts? :ugh:

Mr. T
12-03-2005, 12:46 AM
HURH?!?!???!??!

Never gonna happen.

Reidman
12-03-2005, 12:55 AM
I think I'm selling this one...................NEXT!

OrangeShadow
12-03-2005, 03:00 PM
christ this place is useless

MKCC14
12-03-2005, 03:02 PM
ok...dont be dissapointed next year, remember i warned you.

tpryce93
12-03-2005, 09:40 PM
won't happen. are pass defense already isnt the best and to lose champ would be devestating. and we have the best running game in the league so we could get a thousand yard running back very cheap if something goes crazy this year and somehow we lose dayne anderson and bell. and the chargers are crazy if they dont resign him.

Archimedes Owl
12-04-2005, 12:32 AM
Wouldn't we take a cap hit for releasing Champ??

Isn't our cap pretty tight to try to fit in an LT to an offensive system that is already tops in the league in rushing (If you don't count Vick scrambles)??

squints
12-10-2005, 08:27 AM
Wouldn't we take a cap hit for releasing Champ??

Isn't our cap pretty tight to try to fit in an LT to an offensive system that is already tops in the league in rushing (If you don't count Vick scrambles)??

I am not sure how the cap works; correct me if Iím wrong.

If Denver was to trade him, then the team that gets him would also take whatís left on the contract. However if Denver were to release then they have to pay whatís left of his signing bonus.

Let me say this first, I like Champ and would hate to see him play any where but in Denver. However, I could see Denver trading him for a first round pick, (before you start yelling at me let me explain). With the outstanding play of the rookie CB's and the fact that it would free up cap room. This would be a great trade for the Broncos. That would give Denver 3 first round picks. On the other hand they could use him as bait for Denver to move up to the top 10 and maybe get some picks in the later rounds, just like we did last year with Cin. Looking at the overall picture Denver has too many other needs on the DL, WR, and S just to name a few. With 3 first round picks or 2 first and 2 second picks, that would address many of our needs.

jeremy_koenig
12-13-2005, 06:10 PM
I am not sure how the cap works; correct me if Iím wrong.

If Denver was to trade him, then the team that gets him would also take whatís left on the contract. However if Denver were to release then they have to pay whatís left of his signing bonus.

Let me say this first, I like Champ and would hate to see him play any where but in Denver. However, I could see Denver trading him for a first round pick, (before you start yelling at me let me explain). With the outstanding play of the rookie CB's and the fact that it would free up cap room. This would be a great trade for the Broncos. That would give Denver 3 first round picks. On the other hand they could use him as bait for Denver to move up to the top 10 and maybe get some picks in the later rounds, just like we did last year with Cin. Looking at the overall picture Denver has too many other needs on the DL, WR, and S just to name a few. With 3 first round picks or 2 first and 2 second picks, that would address many of our needs.

I dont see any of the rookie cb's putiing up 8 ints this year

Skywalker
12-13-2005, 06:21 PM
It was on ESPN a while ago. the broncos are thinking about releasing champ bailey to get Ladianand Tomlinson from the free agent list next year. they want to give him a big salary so they need to cut champ short.

thoughts? :ugh:

there are a few things you didnt think out....

1) The Chargers signed LT to a big extension LAST SEASON.

so....he will not be a free agent next year.

2) We will lose cap space if we release Champ not gain any. there's all this mumbo jumbo I dont really understand and dont want to get into.

think before you even attempt to make us think this garbage is true :coffee:

Perry1977
12-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Where do people get this stuff? lol!

TDash85
12-14-2005, 01:19 PM
No way that's happening. I mean we have 3 great backs already and we don't want to lose the best DB in the league. Despite his injuries I still don't think that will happen.

Booher
12-14-2005, 02:42 PM
This thread makes me want a drink...BAD