PDA

View Full Version : The shoulda/coulda/woulda thread!

Perry1977
12-06-2005, 08:58 PM
This thread is to gripe and moan about players that we could have drafted, but didn't!!

I will start:

In 2000 we drafted Deltha O'neal, when we coulda drafted Shaun Alexander!!! The Seahawks got him 4 picks later!!

Even more hilarious note...the Raiders picked 2 positions after us, and they passed up an Alexander as well....for Kicker Sebastian Janikowski!! :laugh:

TheChampion
12-07-2005, 08:38 AM
Terry Pierce over Anquan Boldin rd 2 '03 draft

squints
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Here are some players that were left in the first round after we picked.

2002 Dever picked #19 Ashley Lelie
WHAT WAS LEFT
Safety Ed Reed Balt #24
WR Javon Walker GB #20

2001 Denver picked #24 Willie Middlebrooks
WR Reggie Wayne Ind #30
TE Todd Heap Balt #31

2000 Denver Picked #15 Deltha O'Neal
QB Chad Pennington NYJ #18
RB Sean Alaxander Sea #19

1998 Denver picked #30 Marcus Nash
We had the last pick this year, but I'm sure I can find someone in the second round that would be better than this
Flozell Adams
Patrick Surtain
Joe Jurevicius
Jeremiah Trotter we past him up twice

1996 (even though John Mobley was a good LB pick #15)
WR Marvin Harrison Ind #19
LB Ray Lewis Balt #26

Wow that would be a great team. Thats just the first round that we did not pick. I went and looked at some of the 2nd rounders, and if we would have picked them up Denver would have won the SB for the last 4 years.

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-07-2005, 11:08 AM
LOL.

Well, I'll just stick with the guys I said we should draft rather then just pick someone we passed up. Thats too easy.

First, our colossal blunder taking the waste of space DJ Williams over Vince Wilfork in 2004's first round. And then taking Darius Watts over Randy Starks in the 2nd round.

Then our colossal blunder of trading away our 1st last year for what promises to be a player not as good as Mike Patterson this draft. Then, passing on Chris Canty four times for Darrant Williams, Karl Paymah, Domonique Foxworth, and Mo Clarrett. I liked Foxworth, but none of the others. Ill give a pass to Williams, but we still blew the Paymah and Clarrett picks, especially the Clarrett pick. :mad:

squints
12-07-2005, 11:16 AM
This post is to compare the good first round players picked, to what was left.

I am happy with the picks in the year, but we could have had:

2004 DJ Williams #17
DE Vince Wilfork NE #20

2003 G Foster #20
TE Dallas Clark Ind #24
RB Larry Johnson KC #27

1997 T Pryce #28
RB Tiki Barber NYG #36
RB Corey Dillon Cin #43
CB Sam Madison Mia #44

tpryce93
12-07-2005, 11:26 AM
I would rather have pryce then dillon or Tiki because we got td a few years before that and we have the best running game out there. I'm not sure if i would of took pryce over madison though. but it still turned out to be a great decision. and remember anybody with half of a brain drafts need.

Retire #30!!!
12-09-2005, 03:03 PM
The one that I look back to the most is the Ashlie Lelie over Ed Reed. A lot of people had Reed penciled in to us and I was really wishing we could have gotten him. I still like Ash as a #2 deep threat, but come on now.