PDA

View Full Version : Best non-BCS bowl game...

ColRockies_5
12-07-2005, 06:09 PM
What do you think the best non-BCS bowl game is this year?

I think Texas Tech vs. Alabama should be fun to watch...great Defense vs. great Offense...

LiquidBlue
12-07-2005, 06:14 PM
Houston Bowl.

mrsolo
12-07-2005, 07:29 PM
Houston Bowl.

Who's playing in the Houston bowl??

mrsolo
12-07-2005, 07:30 PM
What do you think the best non-BCS bowl game is this year?

I think Texas Tech vs. Alabama should be fun to watch...great Defense vs. great Offense...

Should be OU vs Alabama. If the refs' heads weren't rectally inserted, it would be.

LiquidBlue
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Who's playing in the Houston bowl??

TCU and Iowa State

Skywalker
12-07-2005, 07:45 PM
I voted the Peach Bowl....LSU vs. Miami. that should be fun to watch.

broncofan303
12-07-2005, 08:50 PM
I voted the Peach Bowl....LSU vs. Miami. that should be fun to watch.

yep...I was torn between Oklahoma and Oregon in the Holiday Bowl..that one should be a barn burner too....I really hope OU wins that one for the Big 12...show the world the PAC-10 is overrated (besides SC of course)...

Really this is going to be a good bowl season, you have awesome matchups.. Bama/TTech, offense vs defense, LSU/Miami, the list goes on...

Sad thing is that this means football is coming to an end... :cross:

rcsodak
12-07-2005, 11:11 PM
Other than the initial bowl of the season, did anybody else notice who the biggest underdog is?

alan
12-08-2005, 10:46 AM
TCU and Iowa State

than i agree the houstan bowl seems cool

but the peach bowl should be fairly competitive aswell

NJBRONCOSFAN
12-08-2005, 10:52 AM
I went with LSU vs. Miami but I think wisconsin vs. auburn in the Capital One Bowl should be a pretty damn good game too.

y2cragie
12-08-2005, 11:53 AM
Holiday or cotton bowl. Probably the only two I will really watch.

BVP
12-08-2005, 02:29 PM
Houston Bowl.

I agree. That is going to be an awsome game. TCU is a very talented team, and they should beat Iowa State in a close game.

But I think that the Poinsetta Bowl in San Diego is going to be a great game with the best rushing team in the nation (Navy), going up against a good sophmore RB Kyle Bell from Colorado State. (Plus my brother is going to be on the sideline! :rockon: )

broncofan303
12-08-2005, 05:10 PM
I agree. That is going to be an awsome game. TCU is a very talented team, and they should beat Iowa State in a close game.

But I think that the Poinsetta Bowl in San Diego is going to be a great game with the best rushing team in the nation (Navy), going up against a good sophmore RB Kyle Bell from Colorado State. (Plus my brother is going to be on the sideline! :rockon: )

darn homer...LOL..just playing..

I did see that game as being a must-watch game for me though, Navy has a good team and so does CSU, seeing those two styles collide would be a fun one....

Jared
12-08-2005, 05:16 PM
yep...I was torn between Oklahoma and Oregon in the Holiday Bowl..that one should be a barn burner too....I really hope OU wins that one for the Big 12...show the world the PAC-10 is overrated (besides SC of course)...

Really this is going to be a good bowl season, you have awesome matchups.. Bama/TTech, offense vs defense, LSU/Miami, the list goes on...

Sad thing is that this means football is coming to an end... :cross:

I don't hate OU or the Big 12.

And the Pac -10 has less depth than some conferences.

But Oregon can play with anyone. They only lost to USC, and not my much. They run the ball, don't turn the ballover, and play probably the best defense in the Pac-10.

I don't know what OU's problems were this year, but I like Oregon in this one, especially since it is on the West Coast and a ton of aging hippies and their kids wearing Green and Gold love San Diego and will take that drive down 101.

MileHighSpirit
12-08-2005, 05:25 PM
The Cotton Bowl, no doubt in my mind...

Texas Tech is an offensive juggernaut, and Alabama is a very complete team. It should be an excellent game with many great players trying to make a name for themselves.

bronerines
12-08-2005, 05:50 PM
LSU vs Miami

I'm glad the Alamo Bowl isnt on there becasue we all know Michigan will Dominate. :)

IrishConrad
12-09-2005, 12:34 AM
Poinsetta Bowl.....ok not really

BVP
12-09-2005, 02:02 PM

Oh common, what is wrong with the Poinsetta Bowl. :heh:

Jared
12-09-2005, 02:05 PM

GO NAVY!

In a Navy town, no less. I think it will actually be a good game because there will be a totally partisan crowd.

Plus, those Navy kids play truly for fun. They alos play with heavy thoughts on their minds.

BVP
12-09-2005, 02:07 PM
darn homer...LOL..just playing..

I did see that game as being a must-watch game for me though, Navy has a good team and so does CSU, seeing those two styles collide would be a fun one....

I'll tell you that this is not going to be a defensive game, I expect this game to be up in the 40's for both teams. It is going to be exciting. :rockon:

Sevenis7
12-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Poulan Weedeater Bowl. Oh, they don't have it any more.....

Then it's going to be Gator Bowl. Lots of great players on both sides of the ball for both teams. Should be pretty entertaining.....