PDA

View Full Version : CU Head Coach Barnett Resigns

Snk16
12-08-2005, 04:13 PM
Source: ESPN

Was given a ultimatum. Resign or be fired.

ESPN News will have the press confrence live at 8:00 PM EST or 8:30 PM EST.

I forget.

Jared
12-08-2005, 04:57 PM
It's a wonder he lasted this long.

I don't think he is a bad person, but I do think he made mistakes which came to roost this season.

Bronco_f1
12-08-2005, 06:05 PM
I think the Buffs needed to refresh that team. A new coach will help. It would be nice to see Colorado in the top 10 of the College Football rankings again

BVP
12-09-2005, 02:32 PM
The question is, what does Barnett do now? I would like to see him at CSU, but I don't want to get rid of Sonny Lubick. I think that he will get a job at a bad D1 school, and make them better. Or he might become a coordinator at a big D1 school.

Buff_bronc_fan
12-09-2005, 02:40 PM
The question is, what does Barnett do now? I would like to see him at CSU, but I don't want to get rid of Sonny Lubick. I think that he will get a job at a bad D1 school, and make them better. Or he might become a coordinator at a big D1 school.

He'll get a job as a head man, he won't be a coordinator. I don't see it being as big of a program, although if the Mizzou job ever came open he would be a candidate for that job. He's a Mizzou native and alum, and his mom still lives there. It's anybody's guess where he'll go, a smaller school would love to have a guy who has won 2 Big 12 coach of the year awards in the last 6 years... But I see big name programs taking a waiver on Barnett due to the controversy that may come with the name.

TDash85
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Thank heavens that is awesome. I hate Barnett!

skisupreme4
12-11-2005, 02:05 AM
It's a wonder he lasted this long.

I don't think he is a bad person, but I do think he made mistakes which came to roost this season.

He should have been fired two years ago.

skisupreme4
12-11-2005, 02:06 AM

IO doubt that he will make a bad program better.

socal18_2_88fan
12-11-2005, 04:17 AM
Who do you all think would be a good choice for a new coach? I haven't really followed a lot of Big 12 or CU football, but I would think it is one of the best jobs in the country and could attract some big names.

broncofan303
12-11-2005, 11:39 AM
Who do you all think would be a good choice for a new coach? I haven't really followed a lot of Big 12 or CU football, but I would think it is one of the best jobs in the country and could attract some big names.

You're Right!! Boulder really is a great place to be, recruits will come if you go out and get them...Colorado (under McCartney) went 10 years getting 15-17 4/5 star players consistantly and the last 10 years, we've only got 1 I can think of, and he transferred to CSU...

#1 priority, IMO, is filling up the seats at Folsom Field... If we can sell out every game, that means more money coming in to go towards building an indoor practice facility, helps with recruiting, and shows great fan support...

I would say Dave Logan, but he rejected the job first time around, no reason why he would take it this time...