PDA

View Full Version : 2part question

ChadCollins
12-12-2003, 01:51 PM
first, I have NOTHING against Bill Bellechick (however you spell it) but why do people think he is so great? I recall he did nothing with Cleveland right? Just wanted to knwo some opinions of yours. Also, do you think Portis is going to be better then Terrell Davis? I personally think he will.

Elway
12-12-2003, 10:27 PM
Two part answer.

Portis needs longevity, TD in his short career had 41 100 yd games, Portis has 16 so far. TD helped us get to the playoffs three years in a row, has 7 consecutive 100yd playoff games, was the NFL rushing leader, NFL MVP, Superbowl MVP. Portis is a great back but you need consistence over a period of time. I'm concerned about his durability over the season. He is an excellent back but TD IMO gets the nod.

Bellechick while being a dissapointment was a great defensive minded coach. He helped Parcells & The Giants win the Superbowl and devised a scheme to stop the Bills K-gun attack.
His schemes helped take the Pats to two SBs winning against the much favored Rams, and he helper Parcells rebuild a devastated Jets team and led the to the AFC Championship. I don't like the guy, but he gets his props for being an excellent coach.