PDA

View Full Version : New Buffs Head Coach Discussion

DrunkPanda
12-12-2005, 11:05 PM
who do you think will be headcoach? i'm watching 7 news and the candidates they talked about really scare me. assistant coaches on mediocre teams?! gd we want a BETTER coach than barnett, not a worse. i'm hoping for butch davis or dave logan. dunno how good davis is as a coach but he was a headcoach in nfl so i guess he can't be too bad. logan is at least a very good high school coach, he could probably make the transition to college headcoach better than a mediocre assistant college coach can

BVP
12-13-2005, 01:53 PM
I heard something about Butch Davis coaching them. :confused:

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-13-2005, 03:05 PM
I heard something about Butch Davis coaching them. :confused:
LOL :laugh:
Plzzzzz butcher the whole organization more Butch!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Buff_bronc_fan
12-13-2005, 05:13 PM
The only two coaches that they have confirmed interviewing were what's his name from Boise State and former Buff assistant John Embree... Personally, I do not think that Embree has a legitimit shot, as he was already passed over when Barnett got the nod... I mean no disrespect to Embree or his coaching abilities but I think it was more of an equal opportunity interview... A la Art Shell. As far as the next coach goes, I would like to see someone other than either of those guys to really bring back excitement to the program.

TXBRONC
12-13-2005, 08:28 PM
LOL :laugh:
Plzzzzz butcher the whole organization more Butch!!!!!!!! :laugh:

Actually Davis wasn't a bad head coach while he was at Miami.

DrunkPanda
12-13-2005, 08:32 PM
yeah, after i posted this i heard butch was a really good recruiter. that makes me happy. i want butch now

watchthemiddle
12-13-2005, 08:37 PM
yeah, after i posted this i heard butch was a really good recruiter. that makes me happy. i want butch now

I think I heard today that Butch does not want the job.

broncofan303
12-13-2005, 09:39 PM

Yeah, that's what I heard too...

I've said before that Dave Logan probably doesn't want the job..but I was listening to Irv and Joe the other day on the radio and they have insider information that IF Colorado hires Dave Logan as the head coach, an anonymous business is ready to write a check to the university for 10 million dollars...now if true, that would do wonders...

DrunkPanda
12-13-2005, 09:41 PM
damnit. if we don't get davis OR logan, we should just go without a headcoach next season. the other candidates seem flat out awful

BVP
12-13-2005, 09:53 PM
I think that Cabral would be a good coach for you guys. If you don't know who that is, he is the LB's coach. But I think that Butch Davis would be the best coach for you guys.

watchthemiddle
12-13-2005, 09:57 PM
Yeah, that's what I heard too...

I've said before that Dave Logan probably doesn't want the job..but I was listening to Irv and Joe the other day on the radio and they have insider information that IF Colorado hires Dave Logan as the head coach, an anonymous business is ready to write a check to the university for 10 million dollars...now if true, that would do wonders...

I heard that same thing. I think if CU knows whats best for them, they need to seriously look at Logan. He would immediately bring credibility to a program that needs it.

Buff_bronc_fan
12-14-2005, 10:07 AM
It looks like CU wants Dan Hawkins from Boise State, here's a quote from todays Daily Camera in Boulder.

Boise State coach Dan Hawkins has emerged as the clear-cut choice in the search for the University of Colorado's 23rd head football coach.

Hawkins likely will be introduced as Gary Barnett's successor by the end of the week.

Hawkins, a 45-year-old father of four, was the first candidate to be interviewed by athletic director Mike Bohn last weekend. Bohn has since interviewed former CU tight end and current UCLA assistant head coach Jon Embree and former CU wide receiver and current Mullen High School coach and Denver Broncos broadcaster Dave Logan.

Bohn insisted Tuesday nothing has been finalized and the search is ongoing, but sources close to the situation said late Tuesday evening that Colorado has settled on Hawkins.

http://www.dailycamera.com/bdc/cu_football/article/0,1713,BDC_2524_4313990,00.html

BVP
12-14-2005, 01:51 PM
Hawkins has a pretty good offense at Boise State, so let's see how he can recruit and run CU.

Nick7
12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
I heard that Turner Gill and Alfred Williams are interviewing.

Charlie Brown
12-14-2005, 03:25 PM
All I know is that I have heard one name fly around a whole lot...

Butch Davis

DrunkPanda
12-14-2005, 05:11 PM
i don't like the way this is going. i think we're going to get a craptacular coach :duh:

TXBRONC
12-14-2005, 07:21 PM

Ah but he hasn't been offered the job yet that can change everything.