PDA

View Full Version : lets draft this guy next year, saftey

Fl_playa101
12-13-2005, 02:42 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/16/gallery.peterking/content.9.html

Celtpride36
12-13-2005, 02:45 PM
No go for Darnell Bing, even though Huff is dope too

DENVER BRONCO56
12-13-2005, 03:14 PM
WE HAVE Brandon Browner that is very intresting player

OrangeCrush1874
12-13-2005, 03:25 PM
If Browner can play like Huff, he and Huff along with D Will/Champ would make us untouchable in the secondary next year.

Broncosinindy
12-13-2005, 03:26 PM
with our cap problems we might and should go o and d line unless the bronos can work wonders... we might just have to seehwat brandon has got

TXBRONC
12-13-2005, 04:02 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/2005/11/16/gallery.peterking/content.9.html

With Shanahan as much as like him as a coach you never know where he's going to go with his draft board.

That being said, Saftey is not a big need. We need a top flight pass rusher, and an and offensive linemen imho.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2005, 04:11 PM
after watching our safeties give up two TDs against KC, I think we need a safety in a bad way.

Dean
12-13-2005, 04:15 PM
With Shanahan as much as like him as a coach you never know where he's going to go with his draft board.

That being said, Saftey is not a big need. We need a top flight pass rusher, and an and offensive linemen imho.

I agree with the pass rusher and the O-lineman but I would put a safety in third.

So.CalBRONCOFAN
12-13-2005, 04:16 PM
He'll be gone by the time we're up. But he would be AWESOME.

broncosfan247
12-13-2005, 04:18 PM
we need a wide receiver. Rod Smith is not gonna be playing forever like alot of you think.

TXBRONC
12-13-2005, 04:45 PM
I agree with the pass rusher and the O-lineman but I would put a safety in third.

It sounds like great idea to me. :beer:

Skywalker
12-13-2005, 04:54 PM

aw man I would love to get Huff. and Im not just saying that because Im a Texas fan.

I think he'll be around with our second round pick. I want us to take him then.

well I dont care where we take him....i just hope we get him!

OrangeShadow
12-13-2005, 04:56 PM
You guys seem to think that we can draft a kid and hes going to be an immediate star. just because we got lucky with darrent doesnt mean we can do it again. doesnt mean we cant either but we have more pressing needs such as wr and ol. i think browner will be a force.

broncosfan247
12-13-2005, 04:58 PM
You guys seem to think that we can draft a kid and hes going to be an immediate star. just because we got lucky with darrent doesnt mean we can do it again. doesnt mean we cant either but we have more pressing needs such as wr and ol. i think browner will be a force.

I agree with ya at wide receiver. but, what am I missing with our offensive line? Are we expecting to lose one of our starters to free agency or retirement? Only guy I can think that is close to retiring is Nalen.

watchthemiddle
12-13-2005, 05:00 PM
after watching our safeties give up two TDs against KC, I think we need a safety in a bad way.

Agree. Don't everyone be fooled by Ferguson and his 4 INT's on the season.

Lynch wont be around forever. He plays the run well, but we need a impact safety to shore up the middle, because then the QB's will truely have to watchthemiddle!!!

Dean
12-13-2005, 05:01 PM
we need a wide receiver. Rod Smith is not gonna be playing forever like alot of you think.

Personally I wouldn't draft a wide out. The risk at that position is second only to QB. Pick up a free agent reciever so we know what kind of receiver, route runner, and blocker he is. That way you know whether there is value there or just flash.

Fl_playa101
12-13-2005, 05:02 PM
I agree with ya at wide receiver. but, what am I missing with our offensive line? Are we expecting to lose one of our starters to free agency or retirement? Only guy I can think that is close to retiring is Nalen.

nelen might retire, but otehr than that i think were ok on online. at wr we have devoe developing(maybe) and rod wont retire this year(o hope) but it is a pressing need( regge wayne anyone), i still think we need a good cover safty more than anything.

PsychoChicken
12-13-2005, 05:08 PM
There have been a lot of conversations about safety on the 2006 Draft board (where this should be moved).

Bing is a very good safety, there's no denying he's first round talent. However, safety is not a valuable position in this upcoming draft because there will be great talent in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as well. For instance, Greg Blue of Georgia is considered a 2nd round prospect, but I personally think he's almost equivalent to Bing.

So going by player, I wouldn't mind Bing. But in order to get the most value out of our first round picks, we need to address positions of greater need, in which the talent will drop off considerably after round 1. Specifically, a stud pass rushing DE the 1st 4 guys in my sig, plus possible underclassmen entries like Gaines Adams and LaMarr Woodley will almost certainly be taken in the first round.

Skywalker
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
nelen might retire, but otehr than that i think were ok on online. at wr we have devoe developing(maybe) and rod wont retire this year(o hope) but it is a pressing need( regge wayne anyone), i still think we need a good cover safty more than anything.
we dont have the cap room to sign Wayne :coffee:

broncosfan247
12-13-2005, 05:12 PM
I think a nice steal for the future Tom Nalen replacement would be a home town kid where I'm from, Greg Eslinger. Don't think he's gonna being taken first round, being usually the bigger O-lineman get taken then. But if there ever was a guy that comes from the Nalen mold, it would be Eslinger.

Fl_playa101
12-13-2005, 05:14 PM
we dont have the cap room to sign Wayne :coffee:

whats our estimated cap room?

DURANGO BRONCO
12-13-2005, 05:42 PM
Huff would be a good choice, but would likely have to use one of the 1st rd picks him. Lynch would be great to have back in a limited role, and could be a mentor for a young stud.

With the uncertainies of resigning Lepsis, Warren, Brown, and Pryce we will need to use the other 1st rd pick on a lineman.

If you want immediate impact don't draft a WR. Most of them take on avg 3 years to develop.