PDA

View Full Version : Ed McCaffrey retiring

sube731
12-13-2003, 02:12 AM
Has anyone else heard anything about Ed retireing? I've heard that this is the case. I don't know if its true. Just checking to see if anyone else as heard?

Return of Lava
12-13-2003, 02:36 PM
i didnt hear anything, but i can sort of feel it that he will retire. He is still valuable, but maybe he feels he just cant get to that level he once was at.

Tony
12-13-2003, 04:39 PM
I still feel since his leg got broke 2yrs ago, he hasn't been the same afterwards. He will surely be missed alot if he does retire though. If that's gonna be the case, then we really need to find a suitable replacement next season. Unless lelie miraculously starts getting hot throughout the remaining season.

GoDenver
12-22-2003, 05:12 PM
man, ive heard those rumors too. i hope thats all they are is rumors. id hate to lose Ed, perhaps his confidence level is down because of the leg injury and thats why he's considering retirement. if that is the case.... hey Ed! your hands! they're great! your presence alone is a valuable asset. ive heard the Shannon rumors too and i hope those dont pan out either. we need both of those guys, Jake is just now starting to click, id like to see that offense stick together for at least 2 more years.

kharmagreen
12-22-2003, 06:50 PM
i agree i think that Eddy Mac is one of the greatest receivers ever as far as controlling the ball goes not to mention that it is obvious that Shannon IS THE best tight end to ever pick up a football

Elway
12-24-2003, 06:44 PM
Right now it is all rumor and speculation, nothing has been confirmed, alot depends on if Eddie wants to come back and the money it will cost to keep him another year, that was reported last week by Chris Mortensen for Espn news.