PDA

View Full Version : Free Agent WR next year...

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-15-2005, 01:16 PM
Reggie Wayne, Nate Burleson, and Randle El are all UFA's next year. Might be a nice route to go...thoughts?

ImaBroncosFan
12-15-2005, 01:18 PM
Reggie Wayne is a solid receiver. I know, I picked him up in my Madden franchise. Seriously though, if we have the money I would pick him over any of those other receivers.

The Dark Knight
12-15-2005, 01:20 PM
We should get Randle El.

He's a playmaker.

ImaBroncosFan
12-15-2005, 01:22 PM
We already have a playmaker in Lelie. I dont watch many Colts games but from what I see Wayne catches pretty much everything that comes his way.

BVP
12-15-2005, 01:24 PM
I agree with TDK, we should go after Randle El.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-15-2005, 01:26 PM
I think the Colts are gonna be in trouble after this season. They can't keep paying the talent they have with Peyton's huge contract. Wayne has been so solid as a #2 that I doubt they can keep him around. If we have the $, I'd dish it out. i'd rather get a proven FA than waste a #1 draft pick

The Dark Knight
12-15-2005, 01:26 PM
We already have a playmaker in Lelie. I dont watch many Colts games but from what I see Wayne catches pretty much everything that comes his way.

Lelie is not a playmaker.

He's a deep threat.

A playmaker makes plays no matter what.

PsychoChicken
12-15-2005, 01:54 PM
David Givens would be my preference. Not as expensive as Wayne.

In-com-plete
12-15-2005, 02:04 PM
David Givens would be my preference. Not as expensive as Wayne.
Givens would be alright. I think we'd have to overpay for him though. My preference would be Moulds, assumeing he gets released.

Emancipator
12-15-2005, 02:14 PM
I'd go with Reggie Wayne. He'd compliment Lelie. Cause Rod is going to retire after we win this SuperBowl. :D

BANJOPICKER1
12-15-2005, 02:50 PM
I'd go with Reggie Wayne. He'd compliment Lelie. Cause Rod is going to retire after we win this SuperBowl. :D

I agree 100%,,if Harrison was not playing,Wayne would be pro bowl bound..If he was available for us to pick up,I would say DOOOOOOOOO IT...

The Dark Knight
12-15-2005, 03:00 PM
I don't really trust Reggie Wayne as a player.

He's had the benefit of playing across Marvin Harrison, receiving Peyton's passes and players trying to stop Edge.

He's probably suck if he was on another team and had to look at double coverage and the opposing teams best corner every down.

Someone is going to pay too much for him and not realize he's had ALOT of help with those numbers.

Gimme Randle El, who has the get open ability when the play breaks down. I think he'd be an excellent fit in our bootleg offense when we get Jake out of the pocket and Randle El can break off his route and make plays out there.

KnightOLB53
12-15-2005, 03:55 PM
I don't really see Randel El being all that great. He tends to drop a lot of easy passes,is not that phsyical and ***** steps when he has the ball. But yea he could turn out to be like a Steve Smith or Santana Moss for us.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-15-2005, 06:54 PM

He's had the benefit of playing across Marvin Harrison, receiving Peyton's passes and players trying to stop Edge.

He's probably suck if he was on another team and had to look at double coverage and the opposing teams best corner every down.

Someone is going to pay too much for him and not realize he's had ALOT of help with those numbers.

Gimme Randle El, who has the get open ability when the play breaks down. I think he'd be an excellent fit in our bootleg offense when we get Jake out of the pocket and Randle El can break off his route and make plays out there.

I bet anyone playing with Manning looks better than they really are. But Manning looks better than he is because of the talent around him. Wayne could be a #1, but definately has better numbers because of Harrison. But throw him in with Lelie and Smith, and I think our team would get a lot more respect for our passing game.

TheChampion
12-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Lelie is not a playmaker.

He's a deep threat.

A playmaker makes plays no matter what.

exactly....the difference between a deep threat and a playmaker is a deep threat only catches the long ball and goes for touchdowns.....a playmaker catches shorter, easily completed passes and makes a play in the open field and goes for 6

Almost Heaven
12-15-2005, 08:29 PM
Just read on foxsports.com that moss could be released from the raiders. I wonder if they're plannin on doing that in hopes of gettin TO? Then again it was under the rumor column.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-15-2005, 10:56 PM
Just read on foxsports.com that moss could be released from the raiders. I wonder if they're plannin on doing that in hopes of gettin TO? Then again it was under the rumor column.

moss is worth picking up over TO

twotone
12-15-2005, 11:34 PM

Did you watch the Indy game that was on Monday Night Football a couple weeks back? I honestly can't remember who they were playing, but I remember seeing a stat where Reggie Wayne actually has the highest QB rating for a receiver (the QB's rating when throwing to that particular receiver).

I will admit and agree that his stats are probably somewhat inflated because of the system he plays in, but the guy catches almost everything that comes his way. He's a very solid receiver and even if you took him out of the system, I think he'd still be a solid receiver. I think that the system you and everyone else speaks of when talking about the Colts is a two way street, sure those players are better because of it, but the system is also better because of the players in it.

I like Randle El, but if there's one thing he's shown it's that he can't thrive as a top receiver (the most receiving yards he's had in a year is 601, followed by 489). He's a "gadget" player, much like Dante Hall, where you have to build the play around getting him the ball rather than rely on him getting the ball in a normal play. He's small and quick which might give him an advantage in the no touch rules of today, but I don't think he's any better than a number 3 reciever, where as Reggie Wayne could easily fit into a number 1 or 2 slot and still put up decent numbers.

Just my take on it.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-16-2005, 08:26 AM
Did you watch the Indy game that was on Monday Night Football a couple weeks back? I honestly can't remember who they were playing, but I remember seeing a stat where Reggie Wayne actually has the highest QB rating for a receiver (the QB's rating when throwing to that particular receiver).

I will admit and agree that his stats are probably somewhat inflated because of the system he plays in, but the guy catches almost everything that comes his way. He's a very solid receiver and even if you took him out of the system, I think he'd still be a solid receiver. I think that the system you and everyone else speaks of when talking about the Colts is a two way street, sure those players are better because of it, but the system is also better because of the players in it.

I like Randle El, but if there's one thing he's shown it's that he can't thrive as a top receiver (the most receiving yards he's had in a year is 601, followed by 489). He's a "gadget" player, much like Dante Hall, where you have to build the play around getting him the ball rather than rely on him getting the ball in a normal play. He's small and quick which might give him an advantage in the no touch rules of today, but I don't think he's any better than a number 3 reciever, where as Reggie Wayne could easily fit into a number 1 or 2 slot and still put up decent numbers.

Just my take on it.

I agree. I doubt Wayne will be in Indy next year, and I wouldn't mind us pulling out the checkbook to land him. he is solid and proven, and I would prefer him over the draft

DURANGO BRONCO
12-16-2005, 09:02 AM
We really need to take advantage of the WR's that will be free agents next year. Wayne would be my first choice, and I think Indy will have to sacrifice him. If not Wayne look at this list:

David Givens
Josh Reed
Eric Moulds
Joe Jurvecius
Korin Robinson
AzZhair Hakim

Moss will probably ask to be traded.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-16-2005, 09:07 AM
We really need to take advantage of the WR's that will be free agents next year. Wayne would be my first choice, and I think Indy will have to sacrifice him. If not Wayne look at this list:

David Givens
Josh Reed
Eric Moulds
Joe Jurvecius
Korin Robinson
AzZhair Hakim

I think KoRo is going to get a new contract with the Vikes. They sure got lucky with that pickup, he's talented

Broncosinindy
12-16-2005, 09:10 AM

David Givens
Josh Reed
Eric Moulds
Joe Jurvecius
Korin Robinson
AzZhair Hakim

with all denvers money woes at the end of this year ... denver might have to find out what david terrell has or any of there other guys which i think is why you are seeing todd devoe and charlie adams playing... in case the team does not go in that direction ... i wouldnt throw the money at any of those guys besides joe jervicious i think he would be a perfect match for this team tough over th middle and the heigth and ability to make the tough catch

DURANGO BRONCO
12-16-2005, 09:25 AM
I would love to see Terrell play. Hopefully he can get some reps against Oakland.
Same goes for Duke. I would also love to have Jurvecious for a 3rd down and red zone guy. He is a very dependable weapon.

There has been talk of drafting a WR. Wide outs usually take 2-3 years to be effective, and the 06 crop is a weak group . Therefore I think we would be better off picking up a FA. The draft in 07 will be loaded with talented Wide outs like Calvin Johnson, and Jeff Samardzia and if we have some solid older guys they can become understudies.

BroncoRT
12-16-2005, 09:40 AM
If Charlie Rogers is released from the Lions, which is a very good possibility, we would be idiots to not go after him. He has more talent than all of the other FA WR's except TO, he just needs the right situation to expose his skills.

dbdom
12-16-2005, 02:19 PM
david givens or charles rogers would be realistic targets
i really like givens as a player and feel he can be a regular contributer, charles rogers is a bit of a gamble because hes missed 2 years with broken collarbones and then this year got suspended for substance violation ... not a good track record, but hes a big physical receiver who if he plays to his potential can be really good
joe jurevicius would also be a really good vet pickup, although i think he probably wont produce anywhere near the standard that he is producing in seattle right now, but he'll be a really good slot guy

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-16-2005, 02:29 PM
REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE REGGIE
http://www2.indystar.com/library/factfiles/sports/football/indpls_colts/2003_season/reggie.jpg

JoRo
12-16-2005, 02:37 PM
I would love for us to somehow be able to get randle el

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-16-2005, 05:17 PM
I definately wouldn't want Rogers, too much off-field stuff and I think he's got a very unlucky collarbone

BroncoBailey024
12-16-2005, 06:05 PM
I say we get Reggie Wayne, he has awesome hands and great speed and he's from THE "U". ;)

O ya he torched us last year in the playoffs. :ugh:

jletourneau
12-16-2005, 06:12 PM
I would love to have Reggie Wayne wearing orange and blue, but there is about a 99% chance that he won't.

We don't have the cap room

Wayne will get paid a lot more by other teams than by us

Wayne understands what has happened to other FA #2 WR's production when they signed elsewhere to be a number 1 ( P. Price, Alvin Harper, etc.)

I would say there is a 75% chance he's back with the Colts. 25% chance he leaves for a team who offers him a huge deal.

I think Moulds or Charles Rogers is our best bet if we go the FA route, however, from what I've heard I expect the Broncos to probably use their second first round pick on a WR. I don't personally think this is the draft to go WR in round 1, but that's what I believe Shanahan and Co. will do.

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-17-2005, 04:14 PM
I would love to have Reggie Wayne wearing orange and blue, but there is about a 99% chance that he won't.

We don't have the cap room

Wayne will get paid a lot more by other teams than by us

Wayne understands what has happened to other FA #2 WR's production when they signed elsewhere to be a number 1 ( P. Price, Alvin Harper, etc.)

I would say there is a 75% chance he's back with the Colts. 25% chance he leaves for a team who offers him a huge deal.

I think Moulds or Charles Rogers is our best bet if we go the FA route, however, from what I've heard I expect the Broncos to probably use their second first round pick on a WR. I don't personally think this is the draft to go WR in round 1, but that's what I believe Shanahan and Co. will do.

You serious? I say Wayne goes for a better deal, and the Colts can't pay him. Anyone know what he is making now?

Chicago-Broncofreak
12-17-2005, 04:15 PM
Maybe we should see how Terrell works out for us too. He was a star in Mich, and you can't blame him completely for a lack of production in the Windy City. Look at their passing game for the past decade.

TDash85
12-17-2005, 04:19 PM
I like Randel El. He will catch what comes to him and when we need him most he will make a play.

BroncoSexyDaddy
12-25-2005, 11:02 AM
I like Cris Chamber,we need another proven offensive weapon.I really think its our OL George Foster thats the weak link.I want to draft a right tackle to take his place.

Battlex
12-27-2005, 04:43 AM
Randel El.
He has ALOT of speed.
Not to mention hes a pretty good kick punt returner

DURANGO BRONCO
12-27-2005, 11:14 AM
There are several top WR's available next year. I think it is very likely that we will add a WR through FA , as the draft is weak at WR, and there is a strong list of Free Agents that will be available. None of our current #3, 4 or 5's have contributed much so it would be great to pick up someone.
My preference would be (in order)

1.Wayne
2.Givens
3. Moulds
4. Jurevicius
5. Randle El

BroncoRT
12-28-2005, 06:44 AM
There are several top WR's available next year. I think it is very likely that we will add a WR through FA , as the draft is weak at WR, and there is a strong list of Free Agents that will be available. None of our current #3, 4 or 5's have contributed much so it would be great to pick up someone.
My preference would be (in order)

1.Wayne
2.Givens
3. Moulds
4. Jurevicius
5. Randle El

I have a feeling that Denver will take a serious look at all of these guys except Wayne, because he is going to ask for too much money.

jhns
12-28-2005, 09:19 AM
I think TO would be a great addition to the team. Many players have done the same and worse to their teams as he did but noone gets publicized and as much punishment as he did. But if you are worried that he is a problem just give him a contract that wont pay him unless he is good. He is the most explosive receiver out there and he is up for grabs though. Plus practicing against the best corner should just make him that much better.