PDA

View Full Version : Ko Simpson

WABronco
12-18-2005, 06:31 PM
From what I've been reading, he's been leaning toward turning pro because of his age. Apparently, he'll be a 25 year old rookie if he stays in school next year...

I've seen a few people say that he could be the top safety available, but most are saying that he'd be in that 1st to 2nd round group of top safeties.

What do you guys think?

Also, courtesy of NFLDraftcountdown.com-

12/18
* Look for Pittsburgh junior WR Greg Lee to declare.

* Auburn junior DE Stanley McClover is seriously considering leaving early.

* Despite the injury Florida St. CB Antonio Cromartie asked the NFL for an evaluation of his prospects.

12/15
* Is Matt Leinart going to slip on Draft Day? DoThe general consensus already seems to be that at best he goes #2 overall but there are a couple of other factors that might push him down even further. First, with another year of scrutinizing him scouts have had time to nit-pick and locate every flaw he has. Secondly, Leinart has become such a star there is now some concern about his character and that he likes to party a little too much. Finally, what if Vince Young comes out? There will likely be some teams who rate the Longhorn higher due to his upside so there may be scenarios where Leinart isn't even the first quarterback chosen. Don't get me wrong, he is still going to be a Top 5 overall pick (at worst) but his decision to go back to USC for another season may end up costing him a TON of money because dropping from #1 overall to 3, 4, or 5 is substancial.

* Get ready to hear about a lot of Miami Hurricanes going pro.

12/5
* Consider Winston Justice as good as gone, he is going pro.

* It looks like Fresno St. is going to lose both Richard Marshall and Kyle Young as underclassmen.

* Others who look like locks to bolt: Haloti Ngata and Ashton Youboty

* Sounds like Joe Thomas will go back to Wisconsin and Brian Calhoun might now as well.

Rockwilder24
12-18-2005, 09:26 PM
If Cromartie leaves early I hope we get him, he is a better prospect than Jimmy Williams at CB.

PsychoChicken
12-18-2005, 10:46 PM
Ko Simpson is only 22. (http://uscsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/simpson_ko00.html)

It wouldn't be a bad decision for Ko Simpson to declare if he's eligible, though. I think he's above the 1st-2nd round safeties, somewhere around Michael Huff and LaRon Landry. He's pretty accomplished all that a safety prospect needs to in college football.

His freshman year, he had 61 tackles (49 solo). But more importantly, he was a ballhawk. He had 6 interceptions for 94 yards and a TD (or was it two?). He was SEC Freshman of the Year and Honorable Mention on many All-American lists.

His sophomore year, he has been less of a ballhawk, but he's really grown into the free safety position. He leads his team with 94 tackles (65 solo). The second leading tackler on his team has 57! He also has one interception and 9 passes defensed. He has been listed on a some All-American lists, including the FWAA All-American Team.

Perry1977
12-19-2005, 10:57 AM
Ewwww, a gamecock.

WABronco
12-19-2005, 11:25 AM
Ko Simpson is only 22. (http://uscsports.collegesports.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/simpson_ko00.html)

It wouldn't be a bad decision for Ko Simpson to declare if he's eligible, though. I think he's above the 1st-2nd round safeties, somewhere around Michael Huff and LaRon Landry. He's pretty accomplished all that a safety prospect needs to in college football.

His freshman year, he had 61 tackles (49 solo). But more importantly, he was a ballhawk. He had 6 interceptions for 94 yards and a TD (or was it two?). He was SEC Freshman of the Year and Honorable Mention on many All-American lists.

His sophomore year, he has been less of a ballhawk, but he's really grown into the free safety position. He leads his team with 94 tackles (65 solo). The second leading tackler on his team has 57! He also has one interception and 9 passes defensed. He has been listed on a some All-American lists, including the FWAA All-American Team.

Huh...

Well, that's better I guess.