PDA

View Full Version : Will Shanny Stack a Position?

fullcollapse
12-19-2005, 11:08 PM
In my opinion, Shanny was real successful in his "stacked" position approach with the CBs this year. Do you think that this will be a reoccuring theme in our drafts?
It may be a little more wasteful this year because we actually have 1st round picks, but lets say 1/2 first rounders and the 2-3 round picks.
If so what do you think will be the position this year?

I see us going with a few of the talented DE/DTs this year to dodge the BROWNcos signing bonuses. That combined with the heated discussion as to their real effects ( is pressure more important than sacks.)

dbdom
12-20-2005, 05:48 AM
lets hope we stack it on DL because if we do cut courtney brown and ekuban and possibly pryce due to contract issues, we just need numbers there anyways and adding a tackle would be good

jletourneau
12-20-2005, 10:07 AM
In my opinion, Shanny was real successful in his "stacked" position approach with the CBs this year. Do you think that this will be a reoccuring theme in our drafts?
It may be a little more wasteful this year because we actually have 1st round picks, but lets say 1/2 first rounders and the 2-3 round picks.

I see us going with a few of the talented DE/DTs this year to dodge the BROWNcos signing bonuses. That combined with the heated discussion as to their real effects ( is pressure more important than sacks.)

It will really just depend on how the draft falls. Shanahan didn't plan on selecting three corners that early, but they were among the top players on their board and a need in their opinion.

Whether or not they do it again will be decided in FA and by who falls to them in the draft.

However, should Shanny stockpile a position I sure hope it is defensive line.

fullcollapse
12-20-2005, 02:09 PM
It will really just depend on how the draft falls. Shanahan didn't plan on selecting three corners that early, but they were among the top players on their board and a need in their opinion.

Whether or not they do it again will be decided in FA and by who falls to them in the draft.

However, should Shanny stockpile a position I sure hope it is defensive line.

That's a good point. I hope we decide our WR issues in FA and spend our draft picks on the line. I remember seeing an article in The Sporting News last year showing all the depth at CB in the draft last year. When I look at the crop of linemen this year it reminds me alot of that.

Broncosinindy
12-21-2005, 11:05 AM
personally i like the idea of trading out of one of our first rounders this year and getting more picks ..especially if they are in the top three...as they say first rounders are not sure fire so the extra picks would help pick up the average of hit and miss

BroncoRT
12-29-2005, 09:30 AM

I think so. If he can't bring Warren back he might take two DT's late in the first. He could realistically get any combo of Wroten, Wright, Oshinowo, Watson, Mahelona, Orien Harris, and Brodrick Bunkley. If Warren doesn't resign we will need lots of help at DT.

If Warren does resign we might go after some pass rushing DE's/hybrids. I don't think this will happen because there are some good pass rushers in FA. But Denver could get any realistic combo of Lawson, Woodley, Wimbley and Dumervil. If Mel Kiper is right that Kiwi is dropping to mid 20's pick :eek: that would be great.

He stacked up at CB last year and Dline in I believe 2003 with the Clemson crap he got in the late rounds, so I definately see him doing it again.