PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news for Notre Dame Fans...

thesaint
12-21-2005, 08:32 PM
Charlie Weis to Receive Contract Extension if Irish Lead Fiesta Bowl at Halftime

According to several sources inside the Notre Dame athletic department, head football coach Charlie Weis will be given a 5-year contract extension if the Fighting Irish manage to hold a halftime lead against Ohio State on January 2nd in the Fiesta Bowl.

“Ohio State is a very good football team and it would be quite impressive if we’re able to be up on them at the half. So impressive that Charlie Weis might get an offer from an NFL team before the start of the third quarter,” said athletics director Kevin White. “We can’t afford to let that happen.”

After a 5-2 start to his coaching career, Weis was given a 10-year, $40 million extension in October. Many at Notre Dame feel he deserves far more than that if the Irish have any success in the Fiesta Bowl.

“If a somewhat mediocre 5-2 start is worth 10 years and $40 million, what’s a halftime lead in a prestigious BCS bowl game worth?” said White. “In my eyes that’s far more impressive than going 5-2 and there’s a school of thought here – of which I’m a part – that says he should get another 10, or even a 15-year extension.”

Weis’s agent, Bob LaMonte, who orchestrated the coach’s first extension, has been in continuous touch with Notre Dame, telling them he has 35 offers from NFL teams to hire Weis away if the Irish hold a halftime lead.

“If there’s not an extension waiting for him when he gets in that locker room at halftime, he’s walking. Or waddling, in his case,” said LaMonte. “I have a deals waiting from the Patriots, Colts and Steelers, among others, and they all want Charlie to leave before the second half and be their head coach for the playoffs and all eternity.”

White isn’t sure he can completely trust LaMonte, but wants to play it safe.

“We’re all a bit suspicious since he duped us into believing Weis was being courted by NFL teams the first time around,” said White. “Plus, there aren’t even 35 NFL teams, so that’s another red flag. But what if he’s being honest and 35 teams have offered him the job? Can we risk losing him? No way. We have such a good thing going here and our alumni would be outraged. We’ll pay Charlie anything he wants, and I’ve told his agent that. Although I kind of wish I wouldn’t have. Probably wasn’t my finest moment when I did that.”

JoRo
12-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Charlie Weis to Receive Contract Extension if Irish Lead Fiesta Bowl at Halftime

According to several sources inside the Notre Dame athletic department, head football coach Charlie Weis will be given a 5-year contract extension if the Fighting Irish manage to hold a halftime lead against Ohio State on January 2nd in the Fiesta Bowl.

“Ohio State is a very good football team and it would be quite impressive if we’re able to be up on them at the half. So impressive that Charlie Weis might get an offer from an NFL team before the start of the third quarter,” said athletics director Kevin White. “We can’t afford to let that happen.”

After a 5-2 start to his coaching career, Weis was given a 10-year, $40 million extension in October. Many at Notre Dame feel he deserves far more than that if the Irish have any success in the Fiesta Bowl.

“If a somewhat mediocre 5-2 start is worth 10 years and $40 million, what’s a halftime lead in a prestigious BCS bowl game worth?” said White. “In my eyes that’s far more impressive than going 5-2 and there’s a school of thought here – of which I’m a part – that says he should get another 10, or even a 15-year extension.”

Weis’s agent, Bob LaMonte, who orchestrated the coach’s first extension, has been in continuous touch with Notre Dame, telling them he has 35 offers from NFL teams to hire Weis away if the Irish hold a halftime lead.

“If there’s not an extension waiting for him when he gets in that locker room at halftime, he’s walking. Or waddling, in his case,” said LaMonte. “I have a deals waiting from the Patriots, Colts and Steelers, among others, and they all want Charlie to leave before the second half and be their head coach for the playoffs and all eternity.”

White isn’t sure he can completely trust LaMonte, but wants to play it safe.

“We’re all a bit suspicious since he duped us into believing Weis was being courted by NFL teams the first time around,” said White. “Plus, there aren’t even 35 NFL teams, so that’s another red flag. But what if he’s being honest and 35 teams have offered him the job? Can we risk losing him? No way. We have such a good thing going here and our alumni would be outraged. We’ll pay Charlie anything he wants, and I’ve told his agent that. Although I kind of wish I wouldn’t have. Probably wasn’t my finest moment when I did that.”

Where did you get this from? sounds like horepoo

AZ Snake Fan
12-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Where did you get this from? sounds like horepoo

--- shore does !!!

"Colts and Steelers, among others, and they all want Charlie to leave before the second half and be their head coach for the playoffs and all eternity.”

--- i think Tony Dungy and Bill Cowher aren't worried at all !!! --- :duh:

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-22-2005, 05:03 PM
If this is true then i can fly

NJBRONCOSFAN
12-22-2005, 05:06 PM
I really hate you sometimes. ;)

thesaint
12-22-2005, 08:03 PM
I really hate you sometimes. ;)

........ :D

At least you knew it was a joke.