PDA

View Full Version : If you could have any ONE player from the draft

JoRo
12-22-2005, 03:01 PM
Who would it be?

I honestly think Kiwi. He is a pass rusher like we havent had in Denver for a long time. In our current 4-3 he would be a great player, and could take over for Brown if he leaves, then he could fill into that roll and be a stalwart player for years to come, he has the height and wingspan to knock down passes, and is a pretty good athlete.

The other way I could see us goin is if we dwelve deeper into our "3-4" type players, (I wouldnt mind it) I could see us takin that big D.T. At 340 he would be the NoseTackle we could really use, and not jus size, but from what Ive heard or read he is strong enuff to be a nose tackle, this would give us our strong middle, and let build up a truly scary D that wouldnt kill us in cost. (I belive a NT would be a bit cheaper than a D.E)

broncosfan247
12-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Center Greg Eslinger from U of Minn. Alot of it is due to the guy is a hometown boy, and North Dakota doesn't have too many pro NFL players. But also because I know we are gonna need to find a future replacement of Tom Nalen, and this kid is a spitting image of Tom. And if we signed him, and he started after Nalen retires, we wouldn't miss a step.

DURANGO BRONCO
12-22-2005, 03:38 PM
Reggie Bush. He has been described by many scouts as a once in a lifetime guy.
There are other very good players like KIWI, NGATA but Bush appears to be the one who could be a hall of famer.

JoRo
12-22-2005, 03:48 PM
Reggie Bush. He has been described by many scouts as a once in a lifetime guy.
There are other very good players like KIWI, NGATA but Bush appears to be the one who could be a hall of famer.

If he can carry the rock (or even touch it.. considerin he could be a catch it back) 20-25 times a game, if he can do that, id love to have him, but if he cant (considerin he wasnt even the starter at USC) Id say that id rather have a playmaker somewhere else

BroncoRT
12-22-2005, 04:03 PM
If he can carry the rock (or even touch it.. considerin he could be a catch it back) 20-25 times a game, if he can do that, id love to have him, but if he cant (considerin he wasnt even the starter at USC) Id say that id rather have a playmaker somewhere else

Like the "hybrid" on Defense the OLB/DE, Bush is a offensive "hybrid" slot/RB/WR/returner. He can do it all and very well. Using him as a tradional back would wear him down and would not maximize his talents. I believe he is like Gale Sayers and Marshall Faulk. He is a 12-15 carry RB and about 6-10 receptions a game as a slot or even a WR and he will return 3-4 punts or kickoffs a year for TD's. Bush is going to be the prototype for "hybrid" offensive playmakers for the future.

Jaws
12-22-2005, 04:05 PM
If you could have any ONE player from the draft who would it be?

I'd have this guy! ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/broncojaws/bradyquinnshirtless.jpg
Brady Quinn

:D

Skywalker
12-22-2005, 04:17 PM
I'd have this guy! ;)

Brady Quinn

lol sorry to burst your bubble Jaws but Brady Quinn isnt going to be in this years draft....

he's going to be in next years :D

Jaws
12-22-2005, 04:22 PM
lol sorry to burst your bubble Jaws but Brady Quinn isnt going to be in this years draft....

he's going to be in next years :D

*sigh* - Well I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer lol! :(

Skywalker
12-22-2005, 04:32 PM
*sigh* - Well I guess I'll just have to wait a little longer lol! :(

LOL nice try though! ;) :goofy:

Mat'hir Uth Gan
12-22-2005, 04:51 PM
If only one player from this draft, I take Ngata. He's a genetic freak of nature that can shore up a run defense for the next 12 years barring an injury. There never has been anyone with his size and agility and there probably never will be again. Wait until the combine...jaws will drop.

Reggie Bush is enticing, but assuming he fulfills all his promise and becomes the next Gale Sayers, he's still likely to only last about as long as Gale Sayers and that's 6 years.

Matt Leinart has questionable arm strength, but he'd be a solid option.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is another that would be a good option. I just believe elite NTs are harder to find then elite OTs. But I freely admit I'm a defense guy.

Kiwi and Mario Williams are options, but they don't outrank Ngata in my book.

Buffalo118
12-22-2005, 11:41 PM
Center Greg Eslinger from U of Minn. Alot of it is due to the guy is a hometown boy, and North Dakota doesn't have too many pro NFL players. But also because I know we are gonna need to find a future replacement of Tom Nalen, and this kid is a spitting image of Tom. And if we signed him, and he started after Nalen retires, we wouldn't miss a step.

I think Center Greg Eslinger from U of Minn would be a great fit on the Broncos line. However, wasn't Ben Hamilton a Center for Minnesota? I think that since Ben has spent several years playing along Nalen that he would be favored over Eslinger for taking over the center spot. Eslinger would move to left guard replacing Hamilton. :beer:

MileHighSpirit
12-23-2005, 12:33 AM
If only one player from this draft, I take Ngata. He's a genetic freak of nature that can shore up a run defense for the next 12 years barring an injury. There never has been anyone with his size and agility and there probably never will be again. Wait until the combine...jaws will drop.

Reggie Bush is enticing, but assuming he fulfills all his promise and becomes the next Gale Sayers, he's still likely to only last about as long as Gale Sayers and that's 6 years.

Matt Leinart has questionable arm strength, but he'd be a solid option.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson is another that would be a good option. I just believe elite NTs are harder to find then elite OTs. But I freely admit I'm a defense guy.

Kiwi and Mario Williams are options, but they don't outrank Ngata in my book.

I pretty much agree with you MUG, but to me it matters little. I've developed a pessimistic view of Denver's defense. It doesn't matter who we get on the defensive line. Coyer's system is pathetic, and it always will be. If you want a zone blitzing defensive scheme try Philly's scheme. They have been one of the top 5 defenses in the NFL for three years (except this year), and all they do is blitz. Still, they don't give up on pass rushing from the edge.

Reggie Bush
Mario Williams
Haloti Ngata

Those are my three, and I don't really care which one. Those are the three players that (imo) have the talent to take over a game on a consistent basis. The upside of these three is limitless. Just for honorable mention, however, Ferguson would be the absolute perfect LT in Denver's system. As far as Denver is concerned, he should be on the list as well.

One more thing...
If we had the advances in medical science we do today when Gale Sayers played he would have had a much longer career. The knee injury that pretty much ended his career was no different than the one Ben Roethlisberger had earlier this year. A quick surgery, two to three weeks off, and Sayers would have been racking up TDs again.

JoRo
12-23-2005, 07:10 AM
One more thing...
If we had the advances in medical science we do today when Gale Sayers played he would have had a much longer career. The knee injury that pretty much ended his career was no different than the one Ben Roethlisberger had earlier this year. A quick surgery, two to three weeks off, and Sayers would have been racking up TDs again.

Too bad you cant say that as if you really know, Just because an injury is listed as something doesnt really mean the severity of it, thast why some players can be out with turf toe for 5 weeks, some can play with it. Our medical field doesnt mean you can get injured with anything.

Typically a knee injury to a speed player, whether it be WR/RB, its pretty devistating. While I admit he MAY have been able to play again, I also dont belive it would have just been a quick fix and go.

Broncosinindy
12-23-2005, 08:59 AM
29th in pass defense again this year.. sigh... once again our dline is letting us down i think ...Defensive line please

ntmckinney
12-23-2005, 08:43 PM
29th in pass defense again this year.. sigh... once again our dline is letting us down i think ...Defensive line please
true... but imo we have the defensive ends to be great... seems to me like Larry Coyer isnt utilizing their talent... but again thats just my opinion

TheChampion
12-23-2005, 09:44 PM
either Mario Williams or Reggie Bush

xX-Bronco-Xx
12-23-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd have this guy!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a78/broncojaws/bradyquinnshirtless.jpg
Brady Quinn

A flippin doo daa men Jaws A flippin doo daa men
I just wish he could play college football next year and nfl at the same time :sad: