PDA

View Full Version : Joe Horn's cell phone stunt

edmccaffrey87
12-15-2003, 09:43 AM
I think that Horns cell phone celebration was OK, but he's going to get fined. What do you guys think?

Unsportsmanlike?

Terell Owens wannabe?

Hawaiian Bronco
12-15-2003, 10:00 AM
Maybe a Sharp wannabe.

Hoss
12-15-2003, 10:14 AM
I've always had respect for Joe Horn but that was a little much. What is it about wide receivers and their need to do some idiotic, over the top touchdown celebration to get their name out there. I don't know anything about their organization but I'd be willing to bet that his contract is up at the end of this year and he is willing to take a fine just to get popularity before going on the free agent market.

The league should step up and do something with this sort of celebration that hurts more than a fine. Maybe anything more than a spike of the ball or maybe a little dance (although i'm not a fan of those dances at all either) should receiver a team penalty and a larger fine. Because simply fining people isn't incentive enough to think twice. I can't stand that crap! I know college is way different but I like Larry Fitzgerald handing the ball to the ref right away when he scores. That's classy. NFL needs more of that.

GIVEME6
12-15-2003, 10:16 AM
He didn't celebrate that touchdown, he CELLabrated it! Seriously though, I like seeing players come up with something other than doing the "worm" after a TD. Just don't do like T.J. Duckett did and celebrate when you're losing by 34.

Jared
12-15-2003, 10:18 AM
Joe Horn can call his kids on the field all he wants, it willlead to fines, but there are worse things.

You may notice he did not go to college. So THAT tells you he busted his hump to get there. So, he porbably has a much different perspective on every success he has in the league.

Yeah, I don't agree with what he did, just like I didn't agree with "the belt". The difference being that calling his kids is not the same as CP bestowing some title upon himself.

But yes, it should have waited till the sidelines.

Why doesn't anyone ever give props to the o-line on a TD? That would be the mark of a true team player.

Hoss
12-15-2003, 10:21 AM
bcollin1,

Yea, Horn ran the next TD ball back to Brooks but only after getting lectured by the coaches on the sideline. You see, he is an ethical guy, and I've always thought so that's why his actions were such a suprise. All I'm saying is that he is probably going to be a free agent and that was his way of getting more publicity.

Jared
12-15-2003, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by bcollin1
Just a question here, but how many of Joe Horn's TD's have any of you actually SEEN in the last 3 years?

True that!

Not exactly on MNF every year.

Hoss
12-15-2003, 10:39 AM
bcollins,

I'll be honest I've only seen his TD's on national tv when they play. Being on the west coast we don't get that many Saints games but I've seen almost all touchdowns on NFL Primetime, Sportscenter, etc. so I know it's out of his character.

Perry1977
12-15-2003, 10:42 AM
It was funny as hell. props to him!! I like how the other recievers knew exactly what he was going to do and had a part in it. I thought it was classic and creative. Screw the league.

Jared
12-15-2003, 10:47 AM
Maybe he just wanted to use his AT&T lifeline......

Hoss
12-15-2003, 11:13 AM
Dang...easy there. This isn't a contest of who watches more football. You have to sunday ticket, congrats! I watch every week from a sports bar with at least 12 or more tvs. So I catch just about everything too, probably for the same reason. I'm a fan of the game and keeping up on fantasy.

I never said I was a huge Horn fan before yesterday. I said that I always thought he was a respectable player and it was out of his character. I just don't like the fancy celebrations that receivers tend to do. I like the classy td celebrations. Players like Jerry Rice, or Walter Payton didn't need a fancy organized dance to show off. I'm a huge fan of Tomlinson and his giving the ball the an O-lineman to spike. We need more of that!

Zanataki
12-17-2003, 03:52 PM
Personally I think they should celebrate how they want it will embarass the defense and make them play harder. If you don't want them to celebrate don't let them in the end zone.